Family Circus recycling - 2022 thread

Darryl H

Dec 31, 2021, 7:02:14 AM12/31/21
This is a placeholder for Family Circus recycled art strips (with some art changes like Thel's hair tweaks if needed) for the year 2022.

The past 2021 year had FC strips recycled mostly 1965, 1971, 1982, 1993, and 1999 Family Circus strips (And we had a few from 1981, 1987, and 1988; plus one from 1974, 1978, and 1992). What could 2022 bring for recycled FC strips even when the Tampa Bay Times has now carried in a physical paper only 3 comic strips twice a week while all the others are demoted to the e-paper edition?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2022, 12:12:32 AM1/1/22
And the first Recycled FC for 2022 takes us back to December 31, 1982.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91581185/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 1, 2022, 5:35:18 AM1/1/22
With 25 years to go, the Cincinnati Post (25 cents) base farewell to 1982 on Page 1. See Hall and Oates, the Go-Go's and Barry Manilow. ring in 1983on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve on.Channel 12. In the Post comics, Snoopy was atop his doghouse until he was awakened by Woodstock, who was celebrating the day. Snoopy asked if it was New Year's already.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Brian Henke

Jan 1, 2022, 6:58:21 AM1/1/22
On Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 5:35:18 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Saturday, January 1, 2022 at 12:12:32 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > And the first Recycled FC for 2022 takes us back to December 31, 1982.
> >
> > The art and caption are exactly the same.
> >

> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91581185/the-tampa-tribune/
> With 25 years to go, the Cincinnati Post (25 cents) base farewell to 1982 on Page 1. See Hall and Oates, the Go-Go's and Barry Manilow. ring in 1983on Dick Clark's Rockin' New Years Eve on.Channel 12. In the Post comics, Snoopy was atop his doghouse until he was awakened by Woodstock, who was celebrating the day. Snoopy asked if it was New Year's already.

Whoops...It was mentioned in the sports sec that Joe Paterno wanted the NCAA to have a college football playoff. JoePa was disgraced before the playoff ever started.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2022, 12:25:13 AM1/3/22

> Whoops...It was mentioned in the sports sec that Joe Paterno wanted the NCAA to have a college football playoff. JoePa was disgraced before the playoff ever started.

He was also dead.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2022, 12:34:47 AM1/3/22
For the second day (excluding Sunday), we have another recycled Daily FC. And it's one that (I so hate) has been recycled twice!

The gag first originated back on March 1, 1983. Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was the same then as it is now.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91739886/the-tampa-tribune/

Then the gag was recycled once again this time on February 25, 2016 (just before it was common to keep track of Recycled FC strips). This time Dolly's caption was changed to:

"When you and Daddy ordered me, was I shipped to you or did you go and pick me up?"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91739971/tampa-bay-times/

Now normally when twice-Recycled FC gags get spotted here, I railed about the Tampa Bay Times dropping Dennis The Menace and Marmaduke (the latter wound up going to the e-Paper, the former only in the Sunday e-Paper) while keeping Recycled FC but Today actually begins the first full week of the Times moving Recycled FC to the exclusive e-Paper (while the Sundays will remain in the physical paper).

I will give you the new comics alignment in just a few hours elsewhere in this forum.

Brian Henke

Jan 3, 2022, 1:01:19 AM1/3/22
As for March 1, 1983, The Cincinnati Post z25 cents) had third baseman Johnny Bench at spring training in Tampa. ZIt was sad to.See him play third basein what turned out to be final season for him. The final.episode of M*A*S*H aired to an enormous audience. And the Post rscrapped what happened. as The Sting I I In theaters (no Newman or Redford).In the Post comics, Snoopy (he loo ked like some Crock.character) told a bird (not named Woodstock) to find Spike. It would be th see years and two da before Calvin and joined the Post comics.
Cincy...@yahoo.com
-----

Judge Parker , One Big Happy, comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2022, 12:16:29 AM1/4/22
Previously I reported that Monday was the day that the daily version of FC migrated to the Tampa Bay Times' e-paper. Actually, it began on Saturday (New Year's Day).

Anyway, Today's Recycled FC takes us back to February 15, 1977.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91814291/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 4, 2022, 12:49:31 AM1/4/22
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us about a mother and child escaping an explosion. The Post gave us two pages office photos of f the brutal winter we were having. See Voyage of the Damned, starting tomorrow in theaters, and Rich Man, Poor Ma Book II on Channel 12. In the Post comics, Linus told Charlie Brown that his head hurt, and Chuck said to.See a doctor.When Linus wanted to know h ow much he would be charged, Chuck said the warranty was still good.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---

Judge Parker, On e Big Happy, comics you can read

Brian Henke

Jan 4, 2022, 1:38:16 PM1/4/22
On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 12:49:31 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 12:16:29 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Previously I reported that Monday was the day that the daily version of FC migrated to the Tampa Bay Times' e-paper. Actually, it began on Saturday (New Year's Day).
> >
> > Anyway, Today's Recycled FC takes us back to February 15, 1977.
> > The art and caption are exactly the same.
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91814291/the-pittsburgh-press/
> The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us about a mother and child escaping an explosion. The Post gave us two pages office photos of f the brutal winter we were having. See Voyage of the Damned, starting tomorrow in theaters, and Rich Man, Poor Ma Book II on Channel 12. In the Post comics, Linus told Charlie Brown that his head hurt, and Chuck said to.See a doctor.When Linus wanted to know h ow much he would be charged, Chuck said the warranty was still good.

It should be "two pages of photos of the brutal winter we were having," "Rich Man, Poor Man," "Chuck said to see a doctor" and "Chuck then said that the warranty moight be still good."

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2022, 8:59:13 PM1/4/22
On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 1:38:16 PM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 12:49:31 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 12:16:29 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Previously I reported that Monday was the day that the daily version of FC migrated to the Tampa Bay Times' e-paper. Actually, it began on Saturday (New Year's Day).
> > >
> > > Anyway, Today's Recycled FC takes us back to February 15, 1977.
> > > The art and caption are exactly the same.
> > > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91814291/the-pittsburgh-press/
> > The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us about a mother and child escaping an explosion. The Post gave us two pages office photos of f the brutal winter we were having. See Voyage of the Damned, starting tomorrow in theaters, and Rich Man, Poor Ma Book II on Channel 12. In the Post comics, Linus told Charlie Brown that his head hurt, and Chuck said to.See a doctor.When Linus wanted to know h ow much he would be charged, Chuck said the warranty was still good.
> It should be "two pages of photos of the brutal winter we were having," "Rich Man, Poor Man," "Chuck said to see a doctor" and "Chuck then said that the warranty moight be still good."

It's probably better to type from a laptop as opposed to a phone. Just saying.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2022, 12:16:47 AM1/5/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 4, 1977.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91883450/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 5, 2022, 6:48:50 AM1/5/22
The Cincinnati Po st (15 cents) tol d us that outgoing President Ford wasted taxes lowered by $12.5 Billion. A t the t heaters In In town were the King Kong redux and Disney's The Shaggy D.A.The Cincinnati Bearcata were Number 4 in the college basketball poll. In the Post comics, Peppermint Pattty did a r Christmas reading asignment, and toldclass about it. She read a cereal box, and Marcie said, "You're weird, sir."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2022, 6:35:49 AM1/6/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 3, 1994.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The original caption was...

Dolly:
"Very good, Mommy! You're a Jill-of-all-trades."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/91960733/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 6, 2022, 7:04:34 AM1/6/22
On Thursday, January 6, 2022 at 6:35:49 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 3, 1994.
>
> Thel's hair was tweaked. The original caption was...
>
> Dolly:
> "Very good, Mommy! You're a Jill-of-all-trades."
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/9196told is 0733/the-tampa-tribune/
The Cincinnati Post(35 cents) told us about the life of switched at birth Kimberly Mays, who was living in Tampa. The number one single on America was The Sign, by Ace of Base. Cincinnati hacksaw the Bearcats of the Great Midwest Confere nice defeat DePaul 81-65/ On the eighth anniversary of Calvin and Hobbes' debut in the paper, the Post comics saw Calvin tell Hobbes he was building snowballs at his.enemies - but he needed t make enemies.

Cincy...@yahloo.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 7, 2022, 6:00:23 AM1/7/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 19, 1994.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92033552/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 7, 2022, 9:56:07 PM1/7/22
The Cincinnati Post (35 cene) told us that the temperature official was 24 degrees BELOW ZERO. It was tied for the second coldest day in Cincinnati history. More people watched Channel 9 for news coverage of the, Not the earthquake that struck LA. Speaking of TV, Home Improvement was the top TV show of the p previous week. In the Post comics, Calvin looked at his parents - and a little snowman that he was building. " Shrimp " was his response.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----:-

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2022, 12:12:22 AM1/8/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 5, 1983.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92098946/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 12:46:50 AM1/9/22
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1983 (exactly 39 years ago Today!). Thel's hair was tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92092533/the-tampa-tribune/

Darryl H

Jan 9, 2022, 7:49:34 AM1/9/22
On Saturday, January 8, 2022 at 11:46:50 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1983 (exactly 39 years ago Today!). Thel's hair was tweaked.
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92092533/the-tampa-tribune/

And it is "Jeff and Bil Keane" signed instead of "Bil and Jeff Keane" signed.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 10, 2022, 12:40:12 AM1/10/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC (Damn Chargers-Raiders game kept me up) takes us back to February 11, 1966.

The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92261766/the-pittsburgh-press/

Darryl H

Jan 10, 2022, 7:06:01 AM1/10/22
Billy's head was turned in the recycled art but kept the Charlie Brown-ish zigzag sweater.

Brian Henke

Jan 10, 2022, 7:57:17 AM1/10/22
The Cincinnati Post and Times Star(10:cents)/told us about a poo to kill a Ku Klux Klan leader. The Cincinnati Bearcats defeated Wichita State 93-76 to goo into a first-class tie with Bradley in the "Mo Valley Conference." See James Coburn in Our Man Flint at the Albee!II n the Post and Times-Star conics, Charlie Brown couldn't get his head straight because he blew the "stupid spelling bee."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

,-----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy , comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 11, 2022, 12:18:06 AM1/11/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 6, 1977.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92334325/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 11, 2022, 10:52:38 AM1/11/22
The C Cincinnati Post(15 cents)/told us t hat snowflakes were going to fly here, to add what was shaping up to be a b a d winter. (It would get worse.) In sports, the Cincinnati Bearcats beat Temple 64-51 and Xavier Musketeers routed Campbellsville 82-36 before less than 1,000 people. A column asked if people would sit through eight nights of Roots.They did. Ma y Wood, the Post TV columnist, interviewed Alex Haley the previous summer and that would be published Monday. In the Post comics, Woodstock ran across Snoopy 's body. "Some joggers are nuisances", Snoopy commented.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----'

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2022, 7:17:20 AM1/12/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 31, 1977.

Thel's hair was tweaked. Dolly says "it took me two hours to color IT" in the original.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92412032/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 12, 2022, 8:03:53 AM1/12/22
The Cincinnati Post(15 cenjts) told us a Chertoff the temperatures recorded for the area (officially). A Star is Born (Streisand
Version) and Network were big winners at the Golden Globe Awards .Eventual Academy Award winning Best Picture Rocky was going to be at the Carousel and Studio cinemas starting two days from now. In the Post comics, Sally met helicopter pilot Woodstock. She wanted him to get Snoopy.

Clarification: it should read "....told us a chart of temperatures recorded for the Cincinnati area in January."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2022, 7:00:20 AM1/13/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 10, 1994.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92482882/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 13, 2022, 1:24:19 PM1/13/22
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told us that the winter of 1994 was better than the winter of 1978 (The Blizzard year). It was reported that the number one album in America was Kickin It Up, by John Michael Montgomery. Coming that weekend was a remake of The Getaway and My Girl 2. The Great Midwest Conference college basketball game between Cincinnati and Marquette was previewed. In the Post comics, Calvin told his father that his popularity.polls were low.Dad then said, "I do.what,'s right." Calvin's response was, "You'll never keep the job with that attitude."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2022, 12:16:14 AM1/14/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 29, 1966.

The artwork was completely different.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92549074/the-pittsburgh-press/

Darryl H

Jan 14, 2022, 8:04:44 AM1/14/22
I guess for Family Circus recycled strips for 2022 Jeff Keane is using strips from 1966, 1977, 1983, and 1994 this 2022 year.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2022, 12:50:30 AM1/15/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 7, 1977.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92620893/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 15, 2022, 1:07:49 PM1/15/22
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us on Page One about Jack Frost was coming again to the Tri-State area. Snow was forecast for the fifth day in a row. Reds shortstop Davey Concepcion signed a contract that was worth $1 million...over three years. Pete Rose was making the insurance salesmen laugh. Watch Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman tonight at 11:30 on Channel 19. In the Post comics, Snoopy and Woodstock were watching the snow fall. Snoopy told Woodstock that "a few snowflakes landing on your head can't hurt you." The last frame saw flakes having landed on Woodstock's hair.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---------

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2022, 12:12:58 AM1/16/22
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 16, 1977 (exactly 45 years ago Today!). Thel's hair was tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92605944/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2022, 12:13:25 AM1/17/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 5, 1977.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92784222/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 17, 2022, 4:59:08 AM1/17/22
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us about the summer job market. In sports, the Cincinnati Bearcats defeated Memphis State 68-67 to advance to the finals of the Metro Conference tournament. See The Stingers of the World Hockey Association play the Houston Astros on Channel 5 tomorrow! In the Post comics, Charlie Brown told Lucythat he wanted to run away. Chuck explained why, and then Lucy s aid that she agreed with him.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

--+----

Judge Parker , One Big Happy. comics you can read

Brian Henke

Jan 17, 2022, 6:13:58 AM1/17/22
On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 4:59:08 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Monday, January 17, 2022 at 12:13:25 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 5, 1977.
> >
> > The art and caption were exactly the same.
> >
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92784222/the-pittsburgh-press/
> The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us about the summer job market. In sports, the Cincinnati Bearcats defeated Memphis State 68-67 to advance to the finals of the Metro Conference tournament. See The Stingers of the World Hockey Association play the Houston Astros on Channel 5 tomorrow! In the Post comics, Charlie Brown told Lucythat he wanted to run away. Chuck explained why, and then Lucy s aid that she agreed with him.

Houston Aeros.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2022, 6:38:28 AM1/19/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 18, 1966.

The original caption was...

Jeffy:
"...And the Daddy Bear said, "Somebody's been sitting in my porridge and I think it was Red Riding Hood's grandmother..."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/92952033/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 19, 2022, 6:57:01 AM1/19/22
The Cincinnati Post and Times -Star (10 cents) told us on Page One that three sites for the Reds'stadium had been rejected. Get the new issue of the Saturday Evening Post with Julie Andrews (The Sound of Music was still playing on the way to winning Best Picture at the Oscars). The Cincinnati Royals were looking to.win their eighth straight game against LA at the Gardens.tonight. In the Post and Times-Star comics, Charlie Brown got the door slammed when trying to get the sidewalk cleared of snow.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

Darryl H

Jan 19, 2022, 7:09:01 AM1/19/22
Also in the recycled art: Jeffy's clothes wear changed, and P.J. originally had a bald head.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2022, 5:14:11 AM1/20/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 1, 1977.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93022843/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 20, 2022, 6:19:28 AM1/20/22
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us about the continuing freezing tem in the area (high temperatue: 17 degrees). Barry Manilow was playing Music Hall, and Dale Stevens wanted to know where the real Manilow was. (Later that year, Barry Manilow Live would hit number one in Billboard magazine's album chart. See Kojak tonight in Channel 9. In the Post comics, Woodstock found Snoopy, who put Woodstock on his legs : and started flipping his ears and th an he took off.

BTW, the man who wrote Dear Basketball - AN ACADEMY AWARD WINNING ANIMATED SHORT - was born, lived and died from.1977 to 2022.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----
Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

Darryl H

Jan 20, 2022, 7:03:25 AM1/20/22
Also, the TV set from 1977 was changed from 1970's style to flat screen in the recycled art.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2022, 5:40:17 AM1/21/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 8, 1966.

The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93093196/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 21, 2022, 6:55:21 AM1/21/22
The Cincinnati Post and Times-Star (10 cents) told us that unemployment was ...four percent in January. It was expected to fall even furrther. The Cincinnati Royals lost 124-118 to Detroit in Indianapolis. See Sean Connery as James Bond in Thunderball at the Times Theater See the news in color on Channel 5 beginning Monday.In the Post and Times-Star comics, Li'l Abner was going down a Bottleless Canyon. Daisy Mae was living there. "We is Millyun-aires!" Was shouted.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

- Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2022, 6:51:22 AM1/22/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 3, 1977.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93177614/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 22, 2022, 11:59:12 AM1/22/22
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents "street sale") told us that the US had spent $9 BILLION less than what had been expected in the last five months. In the theaters, Ralph Bakshi's new animated movie Wizards was reviewed. The World Champion Reds were in Tampa for spring training, and Reds prospect Dave Revering was profiled. He wouldn't play a regular season game for the Reds. Xavier basketball lost to Cleveland State 72-63 in front of around 900 fans at Schmidt Fieldhouse. Linda Fratianne won the Women's title at the World Figure Skating Championships in Tokyo (a decade later, it would be held here). See Dwight Long, Jr. - with $230,000 in two weeks - defend his title on the Ohio Lottery's TV game show on Channel 9 tonight! In the Post comics, Charlie Brown told Sally that his kite had been eaten by a tree. When Sally asked what they would do to him, Lucy responded with, "ten-to-one they'll throw him in the slammer!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

--------

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2022, 12:14:00 AM1/23/22
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 23, 1994 (exactly 28 years ago Today!). Thel's hair was tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93156119/the-tampa-tribune/

Darryl H

Jan 24, 2022, 8:24:07 AM1/24/22
On Saturday, January 22, 2022 at 11:14:00 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 23, 1994 (exactly 28 years ago Today!). Thel's hair was tweaked.
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93156119/the-tampa-tribune/

And did you know the January 23, 2022 Sunday Pearls Before Swine comic strip featured an image taken from a 1985 Sunday Family Circus comic strip where the Keane family is playing Trivial Pursuit and the thought balloons and the greatest source of power question was replaced by something dealing with the bad man's comic: https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2022/01/23 - But Thel's hair was the pre 1996 style in the recycled for Pearls Before Swine art.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2022, 6:18:59 AM1/25/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 1, 1966.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93414378/the-pittsburgh-press/

Darryl H

Jan 25, 2022, 7:09:14 AM1/25/22
Also: Dolly is tweaked, and P.J. replaces Jeffy in the recycled art.

Brian Henke

Jan 25, 2022, 10:12:24 AM1/25/22
The Cincinnati wand Times-Star (10 cents)/told us about a snowstorm that was going to.dump.ten inches on the Tr State. I t was going to be the heaviest since 1917. Despite the snow , see Sean Connery as James Bond in Thunderball, now playing at the Times Theater. Watch the UC Bearcats play Bradley tonight on Ch 5. In the Post and Times -Star comics, Linus and Lucy were arguing about who was the crabby sibling.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2022, 3:50:34 PM1/25/22
On Tuesday, January 25, 2022 at 10:12:24 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> In the Post and Times -Star comics, Linus and Lucy were arguing about who was the crabby sibling.

There was an argument?!?!?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2022, 12:16:50 AM1/26/22
Back to Recycled FC. Today's installment takes us back to January 27, 1983.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93483071/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 26, 2022, 4:57:12 AM1/26/22
The Cincinnati Post(25 cents) told us about the promotional effort for ABC's miniseries, The Winds of War. In sports, former Alabama football coach Paul "Bear" Bryant died. No one ever expected Uc and Bama to play one another in a playoff to determine who would play for the national college football championship. Speaking of UC, the Bearcats defeated Xavier 73-58 in men's college basketball. In the Post comics, Snoopy was observing a snowman which was like the Leaning Tower of Pisa.

Darryl H

Jan 26, 2022, 7:20:04 AM1/26/22
Jimmy: How come you haven't located the 1985 Family Circus Sunday image where the Keane family plays Trivial Pursuit that was recycled in the January 23, 2022 Pearls Before Swine Sunday strip?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2022, 5:35:05 AM1/27/22

> Jimmy: How come you haven't located the 1985 Family Circus Sunday image where the Keane family plays Trivial Pursuit that was recycled in the January 23, 2022 Pearls Before Swine Sunday strip?

I only do recycled strips lazy Jeffy does not Stephan Pastis.

Anyway, Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 28, 1977.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93562526/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 27, 2022, 9:56:59 AM1/27/22
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) told us that the low temperature that night would hit 10 to.15 degrees. BELOW ZERO. Those who wanted to go out can pick up the new Readers Digest with a story about Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman. At Mid-States Theaters, watch a matinee movie for $1.50! See Sonny and Cher tonight at 9 on Channel 9. In the Post comics, Linus was on top of his snow -filled house, and a little-known character named Truffles if he loved her or life itself. Linus responded th a t he was loving life at thatmoment.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2022, 12:11:42 AM1/28/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 8, 1977.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93632000/the-pittsburgh-press/

Darryl H

Jan 28, 2022, 9:52:54 AM1/28/22
Wasn't this art recycled in 2010 also?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2022, 12:13:48 AM1/29/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 15, 1966.

The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93706873/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Jan 29, 2022, 3:23:01 AM1/29/22
The Cincinnati Post and Times-Star(10 cents) had on Page One a story about Lynda Byrd Johnson being selected as maid of honor for her sister Luci's wedding to Patrick Nugent. Cincinnati was eager to get a NFL team.Oscar Robertson was doubtful for tonight's game at Cincinnati Gardens against Boston. ((He s cored 31 as the Royals won.) See The movie Written on the Wind tonight on Channel 5. In the Post and Times-Star comics, Charlie Brown was at the principal's office because he had blown the"stupid spelling bee. "
Cincy...@yahoo.com

Darryl H

Jan 29, 2022, 8:24:59 AM1/29/22
Also: For Billy in the recycled art his head is turned and his clothes have tweaked a bit (no tie with the sweater).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2022, 12:16:32 AM1/30/22
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 2, 1983. Thel's hair was tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93683385/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 30, 2022, 10:43:56 AM1/30/22
On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 12:16:32 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 2, 1983. Thel's hair was tweaked.
>
> https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93683385/the-tampa-tribune/
By the way, we have not had an original FC in January.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2022, 12:31:11 AM1/31/22
On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 10:43:56 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Sunday, January 30, 2022 at 12:16:32 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 2, 1983. Thel's hair was tweaked.
> >
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93683385/the-tampa-tribune/
> By the way, we have not had an original FC in January.

Technically, you're right although the 1/2 Sunday was the annual "Year-End Rememberies" strip which spotlighted the 2021 strips (albeit mostly recycled from past years).

Anyway, Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 8, 1988 (the day the Tampa Bay Times replaced Andy Capp with Bent Offerings drawn by staff cartoonist Don Addis though the paper continued to run Andy on Sundays for the next decade):

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/93870313/the-tampa-tribune/
Message has been deleted

Brian Henke

Jan 31, 2022, 3:53:35 AM1/31/22
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told us that tonight was the night of the Iowa caucuses that would start the Presidential race that would culminate in Bush 41 winning t he White House in.November. In theaters: The Serpent and the Rainbow. The Post sports section had an account of Michael Jordan at the NBA All-Star Game. In the Post comics, Calvin showed off his new transmogrflying device- a water pistol.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

-Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2022, 12:18:30 AM2/3/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC is at least one that appears to be recycled only once (unlike the last two days).

It's from January 20, 1992. The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94090510/the-tampa-tribune/
Message has been deleted

Brian Henke

Feb 3, 2022, 7:09:39 AM2/3/22
On Thursday, February 3, 2022 at 7:07:53 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> Only the front page of the Cincinnati Post(35 cents),is available at the Public Library of CCincinnati and Hamilton County, but it mentioned that Barry Larkin had become the highest paid Red player ever, getting $25 million over five years. It was Rev. Martin Luther King 's birthday. The number one movie was The Hand Tha t Rocks the Cradle. In the Post comics, Calvin told Hobbes in a rerun that he was writing his autobiography. He said that he had one piece of paper.
>
> Cincy...@yahoo.com
> ---
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2022, 12:16:19 AM2/4/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1988.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94170803/the-tampa-tribune/

Still no original FC strips in 2022.

Brian Henke

Feb 4, 2022, 12:54:27 AM2/4/22
The CincinnatI Post (35 cents) told us about a record Ohio Lottery jackpot - 32 million dollars. In sneak previews was Robin Williams in Good Morning Vietnam. In the Post comics, Calvin told his mother that the wash was done, and she better put ever in the dryer. Why? Hobbes was being washed.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2022, 12:22:57 AM2/5/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 22, 1977.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94250283/the-pittsburgh-press/

Brian Henke

Feb 5, 2022, 10:41:26 AM2/5/22
The Cincinnati.Post(15 cents) told us about carbon tet being dump e d into the Ohio Riveer. See Leonard Nimoy host In Search Of...tonight at 7:30 pm on Channel 9. See Ed Ames at the Beverly Hills supper club (three months before the fire).The U.S. Bearcats basketball team defeated Buffalo State 77-69. In the Post comie, Snoopy heard a restaurant when he put his doggie bowl in his ear.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2022, 12:30:55 AM2/6/22
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 30, 1977. Grandma Keane's glasses were different.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94267853/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2022, 12:12:01 AM2/7/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 25, 1994.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94412631/the-tampa-tribune/
Message has been deleted

Brian Henke

Feb 7, 2022, 7:58:05 AM2/7/22
On Monday, February 7, 2022 at 5:07:00 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told us about Withrow High School 's boys basketball team advancing to the OHSAA championship game. Louisville was taking on Boston College in the NCAA Sweet 16 l water on that evening. In the theaters was D2 The Mighty Ducks which was slammed in the Post as an infomercial for Disney. In the Post comics, Calvin came home, and he was greeted by Hobbes, who said that he had a cat a pulted. Calvin's reply: "You 're a riot, Hobbes."
>
> Cincy...@yahoo.com
>
> ----
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comic s you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2022, 12:46:09 AM2/8/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 4, 1992.

The art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94489176/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 8, 2022, 6:32:23 AM2/8/22
The Cincinnati Post(35 cen ts) said that future comic strip writer Sam Wyche was "devastated" by his firing by the Bengaks. The Bearcats basketball team was getting ready to host Bob Knight at the Shoe. In theaters, Bruce Willis in the Last Boy Scout. In the Post comics, Calvin told Hobbes in a rerun that he had gotten a chain letter. If Calvin had broken the chain, he could get bad luck. by getting hit by a cement mixer.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Judge ,Parker, - One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati,you can now find in Atlanta

Darryl H

Feb 8, 2022, 7:44:38 AM2/8/22
On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 5:32:23 AM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 8, 2022 at 12:46:09 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 4, 1992.
> > The art and caption were exactly the same.
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94489176/the-tampa-tribune/
> The Cincinnati Post(35 cen ts) said that future comic strip writer Sam Wyche was "devastated" by his firing by the Bengaks. The Bearcats basketball team was getting ready to host Bob Knight at the Shoe. In theaters, Bruce Willis in the Last Boy Scout. In the Post comics, Calvin told Hobbes in a rerun that he had gotten a chain letter. If Calvin had broken the chain, he could get bad luck. by getting hit by a cement mixer.
>

> ------

What comic strip did former Bengals player Sam Wyche write for?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2022, 9:07:20 AM2/8/22

> What comic strip did former Bengals player Sam Wyche write for?

No Huddle

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 9, 2022, 12:12:19 AM2/9/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 2, 1988.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94561230/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 9, 2022, 8:04:35 AM2/9/22
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told us that business leaders in the Tri-State area were opt about 1988, despite the stock market crash from.October. See t he movie Broadcast News, now playing! In sports, Miami (Florida) defeated Oklahoma to win the Orange Bowl. In the Post co q, Calvin had built a snow fort made him"invulnerable " - but Hobbes threw a snowball atvhim.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 10, 2022, 12:19:11 AM2/10/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 10, 1994.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was originally...

Dolly:
"But how can 'tato chips start with a P?"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94634481/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 10, 2022, 12:08:25 PM2/10/22
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) - which is now available at newspapers.com - had an article in the TimeOut section about the RIngling Brothers and Barnum and Bailey Circus coming to RIverfront Coliseum. Get five original Arby's roast beef sandwiches for $5. Beginning tomorrow in theaters: The Ref. The public loved Shaquille O'Neal, but he wasn't, according to a story in the Post, loved by the players. (I like Charles Barkley!) Cincinnati Bearcats were going to play DePaul in the Great Midwest Conference tournament at the Shoe! In the Post comics, Calvin was in a dream. He realized that he hadn't done the homework. Hobbes wondered if he should sleep outside.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

--------

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 11, 2022, 12:14:49 AM2/11/22

> The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) - which is now available at newspapers.com

Woo-Hoo! Just in time for the Super Bowl!

Anyway, Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 28, 1994.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94708031/the-cincinnati-post/

Darryl H

Feb 11, 2022, 7:30:45 AM2/11/22
This recycled from March 1994 FC strip ties in with kids 5-12 years old getting their COVID vaccines.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 12, 2022, 12:13:20 AM2/12/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 19, 1994.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94778639/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 12, 2022, 7:37:41 AM2/12/22
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told us about Kids Who Kill. The Academy Awards were previewed(it was held the following Monday; Schindler's List won Best Picture). Kentucky and Indiana advanced in the NCAA tournament. In the Post comics, Calvin told Hobbes that he was relieved that the school bell rang before he turned in his homework.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 13, 2022, 12:29:34 AM2/13/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1977. Thel's hair was tweaked.

January 9, 1977 was the date of Super Bowl XI in which the Oakland Raiders defeated the Minnesota Vikings 32-14 making the recently deceased John Madden a winner in his only Super Bowl appearance as a head coach before two years later becoming one of the more legendary football announcers and video game spokesman.

And that year's Super Bowl aired on NBC which is also airing this year's Super Bowl.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94682922/the-tampa-tribune/

Darryl H

Feb 13, 2022, 7:41:25 AM2/13/22
And the TV was changed from 1970's style to flat screen.

Was Thel in 1977 and 2022 getting ready to kick Dad Keane out of the Super Bowl watching couch?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 14, 2022, 12:34:25 AM2/14/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 14, 1992 (exactly 30 years ago Today!)

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/94930154/the-cincinnati-post/

Brian Henke

Feb 14, 2022, 6:35:03 AM2/14/22
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told us that the woman Mike Tyson was convicted of raping was publicly revealed as Miss Black America contestant Desiree Washington (none other than Trump said that Tyson should remain in prison). Bonnie Blair won the women's 1000 meters speed skating race at the Winter Olympics in Albertville, France. Opening in theaters was Wayne's World, which led to a #1 soundtrack. In the Post comics, Calvin and Hobbes were about to go sledding, and Calvin discussed home and hearth. Hobbes went home, and told Calvin that he thought the question was rhetorical.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 15, 2022, 12:25:40 AM2/15/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 26, 1994.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/95000692/the-cincinnati-post/
Message has been deleted

Brian Henke

Feb 16, 2022, 2:05:53 AM2/16/22
On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 2:03:39 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> Today's recycled FC was from Ma rich 26, 1994, when it was in...you know.
>
> The caption was t he same as when Slick was President.
>
> T he Cincinnati Post (35 cents) featured another part o fth e "Kids Who Kil l." Th e Time Out section featured a story about Bonnie Rait t, whose new album.Longing in. Their Hearts was reviewed. The number one movie in America was The Naked Gun 33 1/3, which had O.J. Simpson. Less than three month s later, he was charged in two murders. In the Post comics, Calvin hated what he was served for dinner (?) by his mother.
>
> Still no original FC art this year.
>
> Cincy...@yahoo.com

Brian Henke

Feb 16, 2022, 6:56:13 AM2/16/22
On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 2:05:53 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 16, 2022 at 2:03:39 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > On Tuesday, February 15, 2022 at 12:25:40 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to March 26, 1994.
> > >
> > > Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was the same.
> > >
> > > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/95000692/the-cincinnati-post/
> > Today's recycled FC was from Ma rich 26, 1994, when it was in...you know. zip

Oops...March 24, 1994.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 17, 2022, 12:14:49 AM2/17/22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 28, 1992.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/95142587/the-cincinnati-post/

And here's the Post link to the March 24, 1994 FC:

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/95076142/the-cincinnati-post/
It is loading more messages.