Dilbert: 90 Minute Meeting

Lynn McGuire

Nov 24, 2021, 2:03:57 PM11/24/21
Dilbert: 90 Minute Meeting
https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-11-24

Wow, is that ever true. Meetings with remote attendees fit this book
perfectly.

https://www.amazon.com/Death-Meeting-Leadership-Solving-Business/dp/0787968056/

Lynn

J. Clarke

Nov 24, 2021, 2:48:30 PM11/24/21
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 13:03:54 -0600, Lynn McGuire
<lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Dilbert: 90 Minute Meeting
> https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-11-24
>
>Wow, is that ever true.

Maybe once. I haven't had an in-person meeting in over 2 years but
I've had some very large number of remote ones. Early on when nobody
was used to the system problems of that kind happened, but now it's
rare.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Nov 24, 2021, 3:14:16 PM11/24/21
In article <snm2as$lmn$1...@dont-email.me>,
Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>Dilbert: 90 Minute Meeting
> https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-11-24
>
>Wow, is that ever true. Meetings with remote attendees fit this book
>perfectly.

However, I think you only ever get "15 minutes of quality" time
regardless of any A/V issues.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Nov 24, 2021, 3:49:41 PM11/24/21
J. Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 13:03:54 -0600, Lynn McGuire
> <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Dilbert: 90 Minute Meeting
>> https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-11-24
>>
>>Wow, is that ever true.
>
> Maybe once. I haven't had an in-person meeting in over 2 years
> but I've had some very large number of remote ones. Early on
> when nobody was used to the system problems of that kind
> happened, but now it's rare.

As long as you choose the right tools, and have decent internet. We
don't have much trouble.

--
Terry Austin

Lynn:
(May 2019 total for people arrested for entering the United States
illegally is over 132,000 for just the southwest border.)

Vacation photos from Iceland:

Magewolf

Nov 24, 2021, 3:56:16 PM11/24/21
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:14:13 +0000, Ted Nolan <tednolan> wrote:

> In article <snm2as$lmn$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>Dilbert: 90 Minute Meeting
>> https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-11-24
>>
>>Wow, is that ever true. Meetings with remote attendees fit this book
>>perfectly.
>>

> However, I think you only ever get "15 minutes of quality" time
> regardless of any A/V issues.

It has always been my experience that the longer a meeting runs the less
gets done during it.

J. Clarke

Nov 24, 2021, 5:24:11 PM11/24/21
We used to do a daily stand-up that worked really well--typically
they'd be around 15 minutes unless somebody had something that needed
more. Then executive management started requiring us to address more
and more and more _crap_ that was unrelated to the work we were doing
and they went to Hell.