Pearls Before Swine: Banned Books

Lynn McGuire

Feb 5, 2024, 2:39:03 AMFeb 5
Pearls Before Swine: Banned Books
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2024/02/04

I am a devout Christian but I don't want to live in a theocracy. I also
don't trust anyone to make up a list of banned books.

Lynn

Pluted Pup

Feb 19, 2024, 4:32:21 PMFeb 19
In recent history over 50 Dilbert comics books
have been banned! Let's see Pearls Before Swine
complain about that!

And Tom Tomorrow in his comic strip suggests
that Floridians will be forced to read Dilbert,
so that would be forcing people to read apparently
offensive books and anyone who's gone to school
knows what it's like to be forced to read
offensive books like The Color Purple.

Pluted Pup

Feb 19, 2024, 5:09:33 PMFeb 19
On Sun, 04 Feb 2024 23:38:59 -0800, Lynn McGuire wrote:

Scott Dorsey

Feb 19, 2024, 5:33:12 PMFeb 19
Pluted Pup <plut...@outlook.com> wrote:
>And Tom Tomorrow in his comic strip suggests
>that Floridians will be forced to read Dilbert,
>so that would be forcing people to read apparently
>offensive books and anyone who's gone to school
>knows what it's like to be forced to read
>offensive books like The Color Purple.

That is nothing. In one school, I was forced to learn long division
against my will even though I found it extremely offensive.
--scott

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Feb 19, 2024, 6:30:18 PMFeb 19
In article <ur0kv4$ebn$1...@panix2.panix.com>,
Scott Dorsey <klu...@panix.com> wrote:
>Pluted Pup <plut...@outlook.com> wrote:
>>And Tom Tomorrow in his comic strip suggests
>>that Floridians will be forced to read Dilbert,
>>so that would be forcing people to read apparently
>>offensive books and anyone who's gone to school
>>knows what it's like to be forced to read
>>offensive books like The Color Purple.
>
>That is nothing. In one school, I was forced to learn long division
>against my will even though I found it extremely offensive.
>--scott
>--

They don't do that anymore as far as I can tell, so the kids just have
no idea how to divide on paper.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Pluted Pup

Feb 20, 2024, 3:39:31 AMFeb 20
On Mon, 19 Feb 2024 14:33:08 -0800, Scott Dorsey wrote:

> Pluted Pup <plut...@outlook.com> wrote:
> > And Tom Tomorrow in his comic strip suggests
> > that Floridians will be forced to read Dilbert,
> > so that would be forcing people to read apparently
> > offensive books and anyone who's gone to school
> > knows what it's like to be forced to read
> > offensive books like The Color Purple.
>
> That is nothing. In one school, I was forced to learn long division
> against my will even though I found it extremely offensive.

I learned long division from a school teacher who
simply told how to do it. I find the "guessing game"
school of pedagogy to be offensive.

Paul S Person

Feb 20, 2024, 12:18:38 PMFeb 20
On Tue, 20 Feb 2024 00:39:19 -0800, Pluted Pup <plut...@outlook.com>
wrote:
Towards the end of my time with the IRS, the training people developed
a new theory of education: self-education.

The /theory/ was that the instructor would do the normal preparation
to be up on the topic but just listen to the students discuss the
topic, intervening only when things got off track. No actual
instruction.

The /practice/ was the the instructor didn't bother to prep for the
course, so anything could be proposed and accepted, however far off
base. No instruction at all.

I suggest that your long division instruction was superior to this.

--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,

Paul S Person

Feb 20, 2024, 12:21:15 PMFeb 20
On 19 Feb 2024 23:30:14 GMT, t...@loft.tnolan.com (Ted Nolan
When I was taking 400-level classes in the 80s, which were mostly
about /real/ Algebra and Analysis, one of these classes involved doing
/long division with functions/.

You think I am kidding. I wish I were. Although it isn't that bad once
one gets the hang of it.

But then, I learned long division (of numbers) in grade school.

Luke Obten

Feb 21, 2024, 2:25:38 PMFeb 21
Experience the Ultimate Nightlife Thrill with Tesla Ecstasy – MDMA Pill

Embark on an exhilarating journey of ecstasy with Tesla Ecstasy, an MDMA pill meticulously crafted to elevate your nightlife adventures. Let's delve into the captivating qualities and exhilarating sensations offered by this extraordinary product.
www.socialdarkpharma.com

Ecstatic Energy Surge:

Tesla Ecstasy delivers an electrifying energy surge, infusing your night with an unmatched sense of euphoria. Also known as Ecstasy molly, each pill ignites a wave of ecstatic bliss, making the music pulse through your veins and the dance floor come alive with energy.
www.socialdarkpharma.com

Premium Quality Assurance:

Choose Tesla Ecstasy with confidence, backed by premium quality assurance. Each pill is meticulously crafted to the highest standards, ensuring a safe and exhilarating journey into ecstasy. Elevate your nightlife experience with a product you can trust.

www.socialdarkpharma.com

Tag:
Buy 2cb
Adderall orange pill