Dilbert: Half Of Employees Like Tails

Lynn McGuire

Aug 18, 2021, 1:55:43 PM8/18/21
Dilbert: Half Of Employees Like Tails
https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-08-18

A single tail would be useful. A second tail would put you on the road
to making you Doctor Octopus (The Amazing Spiderman !).

Lynn

Christian Weisgerber

Aug 18, 2021, 4:30:06 PM8/18/21
On 2021-08-18, Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Dilbert: Half Of Employees Like Tails
> https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-08-18
>
> A single tail would be useful.

There might be some genetic vestiges that could be useful to
reactivate--I would like my vitamin C synthesis gene back, thank
you--but the vertebrate tail is not one of them. It would go
poorly with our bipedal upright gait.

> A second tail would put you on the road
> to making you Doctor Octopus (The Amazing Spiderman !).

Additional tentacles attached somewhere in the shoulder region sound
intriguing. That would require engineering new structures from
scratch, though.

--
Christian "naddy" Weisgerber na...@mips.inka.de

Thomas Koenig

Aug 19, 2021, 2:27:08 AM8/19/21
Christian Weisgerber <na...@mips.inka.de> schrieb:
See "The Mote in God's Eye", where Pournelle designed the perfect
Engineer - one powerful left arm, two delicate and sensitive
right arms.

The Moties don't use computers much, I don't know aht they would do
for the mouse / keyboard combination, both of which would require
more delicate control. Possibly, they would use touchpad
with one of their right hands.

No Dilbert humor, though. Any PHB would be a White.

Darryl H

Aug 19, 2021, 6:33:33 AM8/19/21
I thought a second tail would make you resemble the 2 tail fox character Tails (Miles Prower) from the Sonic the Hedgehog video games!

Robert Woodward

Aug 19, 2021, 1:06:42 PM8/19/21
In article <sfktjq$8ag$2...@newsreader4.netcologne.de>,
Thomas Koenig <tko...@netcologne.de> wrote:

> Christian Weisgerber <na...@mips.inka.de> schrieb:
> > On 2021-08-18, Lynn McGuire <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Dilbert: Half Of Employees Like Tails
> >> https://dilbert.com/strip/2021-08-18
> >>
> >> A single tail would be useful.
> >
> > There might be some genetic vestiges that could be useful to
> > reactivate--I would like my vitamin C synthesis gene back, thank
> > you--but the vertebrate tail is not one of them. It would go
> > poorly with our bipedal upright gait.
> >
> >> A second tail would put you on the road
> >> to making you Doctor Octopus (The Amazing Spiderman !).
> >
> > Additional tentacles attached somewhere in the shoulder region sound
> > intriguing. That would require engineering new structures from
> > scratch, though.
>
> See "The Mote in God's Eye", where Pournelle designed the perfect
> Engineer - one powerful left arm, two delicate and sensitive
> right arms.

IIRC, they were Niven's contribution.

ã-----------------------------------------------------
Robert Woodward robe...@drizzle.com

Thomas Koenig

Aug 20, 2021, 10:32:49 AM8/20/21
Robert Woodward <robe...@drizzle.com> schrieb:
> In article <sfktjq$8ag$2...@newsreader4.netcologne.de>,
> Thomas Koenig <tko...@netcologne.de> wrote:

>> See "The Mote in God's Eye", where Pournelle designed the perfect
>> Engineer - one powerful left arm, two delicate and sensitive
>> right arms.

> IIRC, they were Niven's contribution.

You're right, it was Niven (I just re-read "Building the
Mote in God's Eye" to make sure).