Family Circus recycling - 2018

Brian Henke

Jan 4, 2018, 12:33:12 AM1/4/18
I will close the "More Family Circus recycling" thread to start a thread on 2018 FC episodes that were recycled.

Today's FC recycled art from January 10, 1998 (let's see what Tampa had, Jimmy). The original caption:

Dolly:
"They're both asleep, but Daddy's purring louder than Kittykat."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, broadsheet newspapers

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Jimmy Delach

Jan 4, 2018, 6:14:25 AM1/4/18
A day after I saw the movie "Titanic" in a theater.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16248852/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 5, 2018, 2:05:31 AM1/5/18
Today's FC recycled art from December 4, 1974. Aside from Dolly's dress being tweaked, it was identical from the original (the dialogue was exactly the same).

BTW, there was an ad promoting Dear Basketball (whose writer wasn't even born yet in 1974!) It's on go90.com.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Bane three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

D Heine

Jan 6, 2018, 8:25:20 AM1/6/18
On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 11:33:12 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> I will close the "More Family Circus recycling" thread to start a thread on 2018 FC episodes that were recycled.
>
> Today's FC recycled art from January 10, 1998 (let's see what Tampa had, Jimmy). The original caption:
>

> ----
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, broadsheet newspapers
>
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Beating Brian to this, today's January 6, 2018 Family Circus strip has recycled art from a circa late December 1977-early January 1978 post Christmas Family Circus strip and the original caption went "Look, there's our Easter baskets, can we get them out now?"

Jimmy Delach

Jan 6, 2018, 9:39:05 AM1/6/18

> Beating Brian to this, today's January 6, 2018 Family Circus strip has recycled art from a circa late December 1977-early January 1978 post Christmas Family Circus strip and the original caption went "Look, there's our Easter baskets, can we get them out now?"

It was from January 2, 1978. The late Tampa Times was not carrying FC then.

Brian Henke

Jan 6, 2018, 9:55:39 AM1/6/18
On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 9:39:05 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > Beating Brian to this, today's January 6, 2018 Family Circus strip has recycled art from a circa late December 1977-early January 1978 post Christmas Family Circus strip and the original caption went "Look, there's our Easter baskets, can we get them out now?"
>
> It was from January 2, 1978. The late Tampa Times was not carrying FC then.

It was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin and Washington Star.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

D Heine

Jan 8, 2018, 6:17:21 AM1/8/18
Beating Brian again: Regarding January 8, 2018: Is today's January 8, 2018 Family Circus recycled art from a 1981 strip with a Thel hair tweak for "Will you sing me a luvabye" but with a new caption?

Brian Henke

Jan 8, 2018, 10:03:45 AM1/8/18
The caption was: "Can you sing me a luvabye?" It was from April 28, 1981 (when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, Washington Star (which would fold three months later), Tampa Times and Indianapolis News).

Cincy...@yahoo.com

--------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

Jimmy Delach

Jan 8, 2018, 6:51:15 PM1/8/18

> The caption was: "Can you sing me a luvabye?" It was from April 28, 1981 (when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, Washington Star (which would fold three months later), Tampa Times and Indianapolis News).
>
> Cincy...@yahoo.com
>
> --------
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
>
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16379404/the_tampa_times/

D Heine

Jan 9, 2018, 7:24:52 AM1/9/18
On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 5:17:21 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> On Saturday, January 6, 2018 at 7:25:20 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 11:33:12 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> > > I will close the "More Family Circus recycling" thread to start a thread on 2018 FC episodes that were recycled.
> > >
> > > Today's FC recycled art from January 10, 1998 (let's see what Tampa had, Jimmy). The original caption:
> > >

> > > ----
> > >
> > > Judge Parker, One Big Happy, broadsheet newspapers
> > >
> > > - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Beating Brian to this again, today's Family Circus comic strip from January 9, 2018 has recycled art from a late 1970's Family Circus strip (I think) and the original caption went "There are 21 pieces in a loaf, right, Mommy?"

Brian Henke

Jan 9, 2018, 10:29:24 AM1/9/18
On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 7:24:52 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> On Monday, January 8, 2018 at 5:17:21 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:

> Beating Brian to this again, today's Family Circus comic strip from January 9, 2018 has recycled art from a late 1970's Family Circus strip (I think) and the original caption went "There are 21 pieces in a loaf, right, Mommy?"

March 19, 1975, when it ran in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, and Washington Star (was it dropped in Tampa by then, Jimmy?). The man who wrote Dear Basketball hadn't been born yet!The caption:

"There are 22 pieces in a loaf. Did you know that, Mommy?"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Cinci

Jimmy Delach

Jan 9, 2018, 5:35:25 PM1/9/18

> March 19, 1975, when it ran in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, and Washington Star (was it dropped in Tampa by then, Jimmy?).

At that point, the Daily Tampa Times dropped FC on March 3, 1975 and it wouldn't resurface again until July 31, 1978 (although the Tribune still carried Sunday FC during that time).

D Heine

Jan 9, 2018, 7:45:15 PM1/9/18
On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 9:29:24 AM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 9, 2018 at 7:24:52 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:

> > Beating Brian to this again, today's Family Circus comic strip from January 9, 2018 has recycled art from a late 1970's Family Circus strip (I think) and the original caption went "There are 21 pieces in a loaf, right, Mommy?"
>
> March 19, 1975, when it ran in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, and Washington Star (was it dropped in Tampa by then, Jimmy?). The man who wrote Dear Basketball hadn't been born yet!The caption:
>
> "There are 22 pieces in a loaf. Did you know that, Mommy?"
>

> ------
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
>
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

I was off by one on my guess of bread in a loaf...

Brian Henke

Jan 10, 2018, 12:40:39 AM1/10/18
For the seventh consecutive daily FC, recycled art is used - this time December 6, 1991.

The original caption:

Billy:
"I lost one of each pair."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----

Jimmy Delach

Jan 10, 2018, 6:00:33 AM1/10/18

Brian Henke

Jan 11, 2018, 12:46:01 AM1/11/18
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 6:00:33 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 12:40:39 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > For the eighth consecutive daily FC, recycled art is used - this time February 5, 1977, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, Washington Star, and Indianapolis News. (Jimmy, can you get another paper because Tampa didn't run it then). Thel's hair was tweaked (again!).
> > The original caption:
> >
> > Thel:
> > "Ask God to help you."

Dolly:
"I did, but he's helpin' somebody else."

And, the guy whose letter Glen Keane used to animate Dear Basketball wasn't even born yet!

Jimmy Delach

Jan 11, 2018, 6:40:51 AM1/11/18

D Heine

Jan 12, 2018, 9:01:05 AM1/12/18
On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 11:46:01 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 6:00:33 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 12:40:39 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > > For the eighth consecutive daily FC, recycled art is used - this time February 5, 1977, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, Washington Star, and Indianapolis News. (Jimmy, can you get another paper because Tampa didn't run it then). Thel's hair was tweaked (again!).
> > > The original caption:
> > >
> > > Thel:
> > > "Ask God to help you."
>
> Dolly:
> "I did, but he's helpin' somebody else."
>
> And, the guy whose letter Glen Keane used to animate Dear Basketball wasn't even born yet!
>

> > > ----
> > >
> > > Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
> > >
> > > - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Beating Brian to this again: For the 9th. day in a row we have recycled Family Circus art in today's January 12, 2018 Family Circus strip, once again from 1975 today and the original caption went "Here, Kittycat, here girl!"

Brian Henke

Jan 12, 2018, 11:24:04 AM1/12/18
March 3, 1975 (the day the Tampa Times dropped FC - but it was in 43235@the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press. Pittsburgh Press. Philadelphia Bulletin, Indianapolis News, and Washington Star). The guy who wrote Dear Basketball wasn't even born yet!)

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- ame three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

D Heine

Jan 12, 2018, 5:51:05 PM1/12/18
> -------
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
>
> - ame three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

For the record, what was the last Family Circus daily strip carried in the Tampa Times on March 1, 1975 like?

Jimmy Delach

Jan 12, 2018, 6:32:15 PM1/12/18
For the record, what was the last Family Circus daily strip carried in the Tampa Times on March 1, 1975 like?

Here you go...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16481189/the_tampa_times/

And from the 3/3/1975 Pittsburgh Press...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16481384/the_pittsburgh_press/

Brian Henke

Jan 15, 2018, 12:27:54 AM1/15/18
Today's FC recycled art from New Year's Day 1993, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. Thel's hair was tweaked again. The original caption:

Jeffy:
"Billy's using all the snow."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Jimmy Delach

Jan 15, 2018, 7:14:31 AM1/15/18

> Today's FC recycled art from New Year's Day 1993, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. Thel's hair was tweaked again. The original caption:
>
> Jeffy:
> "Billy's using all the snow."
>
> Cincy...@yahoo.com
>
> ----
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
>
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16553878/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 17, 2018, 12:38:43 AM1/17/18
:
> > Today's FC recycled art from February 5, 1996, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. The original caption:
> >
> > Bill:
> > "Yon need a BUDGET for your money, Billy - and stick to it! Where would this country be if the government didn't do that?"

Jimmy Delach

Jan 17, 2018, 6:05:34 AM1/17/18
Oh, sure Jeff. Wait until the Trump administration to recycle that one. :P

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16611718/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 19, 2018, 12:28:41 AM1/19/18
On Thursday, January 11, 2018 at 12:46:01 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 6:00:33 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > On Wednesday, January 10, 2018 at 12:40:39 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > > For the eighth consecutive daily FC, recycled art is used - this time February 6, 1975, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, Washington Star, Indianapolis News, and Tampa Times.

The caption was exactly the same as from that day when Gerald Ford was President.

Jimmy Delach

Jan 19, 2018, 6:24:48 AM1/19/18
this time February 6, 1975, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, Washington Star, Indianapolis News, and Tampa Times.

> The caption was exactly the same as from that day when Gerald Ford was President.
>
> > And, the guy whose letter Glen Keane used to animate Dear Basketball wasn't even born yet!

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16669400/the_tampa_times/

Brian Henke

Jan 22, 2018, 12:26:48 AM1/22/18
On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 12:38:43 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> :
> > > Today's FC recycled art from January 18, 1995, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. The original caption:

Dolly:
"Don't tell Daddy, but I love you both the same."

> > > Cincy...@yahoo.com

Brian Henke

Jan 22, 2018, 12:28:35 AM1/22/18
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 12:26:48 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Wednesday, January 17, 2018 at 12:38:43 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > :
> > > >

> Dolly:
> "Don't tell Daddy, but I love you both the same."

Oh, and Thel's hair was tweaked, too.

Jimmy Delach

Jan 22, 2018, 5:45:51 AM1/22/18

Brian Henke

Jan 23, 2018, 12:45:43 AM1/23/18
On Friday, January 19, 2018 at 6:24:48 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> this time January 29, 1975, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Philadelphia Bulletin, Washington Star, Indianapolis News, and Tampa Times.

The original caption:

Jeffy:
"I don't wanna save for a rainy day. Mommy won't let me go out to buy anything."

> > > And, the guy whose letter Glen Keane used to animate Dear Basketball wasn't even born yet! Several hours from now, we will see if it will be nominated for the Best Animated Short Oscar!

Jimmy Delach

Jan 23, 2018, 5:39:29 AM1/23/18

Brian Henke

Jan 27, 2018, 12:43:38 AM1/27/18
Today's FC recycled (and cropped and tweaked) art of Dolly from March 14, 1997, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News. The original had Dolly talking to Billy.

The original caption:

Dolly:

"Know who Noah's wife was? Joan of Ark."

Cincy432352yahoo.com

-----

Jimmy Delach

Jan 27, 2018, 6:27:04 AM1/27/18

D Heine

Jan 27, 2018, 11:06:25 AM1/27/18
On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 11:43:38 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> Today's FC recycled (and cropped and tweaked) art of Dolly from March 14, 1997, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News. The original had Dolly talking to Billy.
>
> The original caption:
>
> Dolly:
>
> "Know who Noah's wife was? Joan of Ark."
>

> -----
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
>
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Even recycled Family Circus art can be edited at least 1 character to cut costs?

Brian Henke

Jan 29, 2018, 12:36:04 AM1/29/18

> > Today's FC recycled art from February 9, 1988 (my mom's 50th birthday), when it was in the Cincinnati Post(I read Calvin and Hobbes that day!), Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News. Thel's hair was tweaked again.

> > The original caption:

Jeffy:

"Read a story that will give me ideas for a good dream."

Jimmy Delach

Jan 29, 2018, 5:38:57 AM1/29/18
As a bonus with this clip, I included "Beetle Bailey" (R.I.P. Mort) and "Ziggy" just because. "Beetle" would still be in what was the St. Petersburg Times before they foolishly dropped it for the revived "Pogo" in January of 1989 (and the new "Pogo" would wind up lasting three months!).

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16965338/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 30, 2018, 12:36:41 AM1/30/18
On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 12:36:04 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > > Today's FC recycled art from January 18, 1992 (two days earlier, Emma Samms - who I met in Cincinnati in 1984 when she was originally on General Hospital - returned to GH), when it was in the Cincinnati Post(I read Calvin and Hobbes that day!), Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News.
>
> > > The original caption:
> > >
> Billy:

"I can't believe it! You saved all your report cards and not a single baseball card."

Two years later, a devastating baseball strike cost people a memorable MLB season (no World Series). Today, in 2018, a seven-year-old doesn't know what a baseball card is; they want soccer merchandise (look what happened here!)

Jimmy Delach

Jan 30, 2018, 6:02:39 AM1/30/18
Soccer?!?!? We don't even have a team in the upcoming men's World Cup! :P

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/16995137/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 30, 2018, 10:09:04 AM1/30/18
FC Cincinnati. They drew 30,000 for matches against second-division teams.
Oh, and they lost to Tampa Bay in the first round of the USL playoffs.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Jimmy Delach

Jan 30, 2018, 6:20:14 PM1/30/18
And there's the Cincinnati connection I didn't get before. I was thinking more of the Columbus Crew in MLS.

Brian Henke

Jan 31, 2018, 12:44:48 AM1/31/18
For the third day in a row, FC recycled art, this time from February 9, 1991 (my mom's 53rd birthday), when it was in the Cincinnati Post(I read Calvin and Hobbes that day!), Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News.

Jeffy:

"Mommy said to go wake Daddy!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Jimmy Delach

Jan 31, 2018, 12:53:50 AM1/31/18
I was ... in fifth grade! Yeah, kinda lame.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17022159/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 31, 2018, 1:19:34 AM1/31/18
In case you were wondering, there were 19 known examples of FC recycling (of 27 daily strips) in January 2018. D Heine, I hope you're happy.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Brian Henke

Feb 2, 2018, 12:35:22 AM2/2/18

Today's FC recycled art from January 24, 1989 (two days after the Bengals lost Super Bowl XXIII), when it ran in the Cincinnati Post, Pittsburgh Press, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. The original caption:

Billy:
"I tried to get a hamster but my mom doesn't have time to look after another pet."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Jimmy Delach

Feb 2, 2018, 6:07:05 PM2/2/18
Ah yes. Not long after the Times dropped "Beetle Bailey" for "Pogo" (and Times readers wouldn't see Beetle again until they bought out the Trib 27 years later).

FWIW the Tribune ran "Pogo" until August 6, 1989 when "Bloom County" retired (replacing them with "The Fusco Brothers" and "Sibling Revelry"). The Trib did away with "Crock" when "Pogo" started.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17098561/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 3, 2018, 12:33:04 AM2/3/18
On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 6:07:05 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> On Friday, February 2, 2018 at 12:35:22 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > Today's FC recycled art from January 29, 1993, when it ran in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. That's the fifth day this week that FC used recycled art.) The original caption:
> >
> > Dolly:

"Wake up, Jeffy! We're on a TROLL road!"

(BTW, the guy who wrote Dear Basketball was a freshman!)

Jimmy Delach

Feb 3, 2018, 12:51:01 AM2/3/18
https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17108970/the_tampa_tribune/

BTW Brian. I ran across Clearwater Sun archives.

https://pinellasmemory.contentdm.oclc.org/digital/collection/p15989coll6

From best as I recall, they ran the daily FC from 6/28/1983 (a Tuesday) until the paper's end on 7/27/1989.

Brian Henke

Feb 6, 2018, 1:03:53 AM2/6/18
On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:51:01 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 12:33:04 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > > >
> > Billy:

"Grandma sent us new wallets! Cab we have something to fill 'em up?"

> > (BTW, the guy who wrote Dear Basketball wasn't even born yet!)

Incidentally, why was Cincinnati interested in what happened in Tampa that day?

Jimmy Delach

Feb 6, 2018, 5:40:21 AM2/6/18
Well, here's a clipping from a paper still active although it's proper name changed a few years back...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17201541/tampa_bay_times/

And speaking of "him" (I honestly wish I could've celebrated like that! :)) ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxGOhsBeUVk

Jimmy Delach

Feb 6, 2018, 5:41:08 AM2/6/18

> Incidentally, why was Cincinnati interested in what happened in Tampa that day?

Reds Spring Training?

Brian Henke

Feb 6, 2018, 6:19:46 AM2/6/18
On Tuesday, February 6, 2018 at 5:41:08 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > Incidentally, why was Cincinnati interested in what happened in Tampa that day?
>
> Reds Spring Training?

Yes. They trained in Tampa back then, as they set out for their eventual first of back to back World Series titles.'

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Brian Henke

Feb 10, 2018, 7:27:58 AM2/10/18
After three days of no known FC recycling, today's FC recycled art from February 14, 1982 (Carla's 14th b-day). The original caption:

Dolly:
"Ouch. Daddy! Your face needs a haircut!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Brian Henke

Feb 12, 2018, 12:31:17 AM2/12/18
Saturday's FC recycled art from February 13, 1982 (Carla's 14th birthday), whenit was in the Cincinnati Post, Tampa Times, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press and Indianapolis News.

Today's FC recycled art from February 21, 1992, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News. The original caption:

Voice (speaking to Jeffy):
"Hurry, Jeffy! It's right there in the middle drawer!"

Jimmy Delach

Feb 12, 2018, 5:44:06 AM2/12/18
I knew something was missing from Saturday...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17381404/the_tampa_times/

And from February 21, 1992 (my 12th Birthday)...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17381411/the_tampa_tribune/

Jimmy Delach

Feb 12, 2018, 5:46:42 AM2/12/18

> Today's FC recycled art from February 21, 1992, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News. The original caption:
>
> Voice (speaking to Jeffy):
> "Hurry, Jeffy! It's right there in the middle drawer!"

FYI the Pittsburgh Press was still active on February 21, 1992.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17381432/the_pittsburgh_press/

Brian Henke

Feb 13, 2018, 12:25:26 AM2/13/18
On Monday, February 12, 2018 at 5:46:42 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > Today's FC recycled art from August 3, 1992, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News.

The caption was the same as it was back when it was originally published during the Barcelona Summer Olympics.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

Jimmy Delach

Feb 13, 2018, 12:34:13 AM2/13/18
Here you go...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17409628/the_tampa_tribune/

I included "Farcus" because I believe it was making its' debut in the paper (in place of "Herman"). The Tribune would bring back "Herman" some five years later, while the Times never considered bringing him back until the Tribune buyout of 2016.

Brian Henke

Feb 14, 2018, 12:51:37 AM2/14/18
On Tuesday, February 13, 2018 at 12:34:13 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:

> > The caption was the same as it was back when Richard Nixon was President, the Reds were still playing at Crosley Field, and the Cincinnati Royals were to play in San Francisco that night...and the guy who wrote Dear Basketball was eight years away from being born.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 14, 2018, 5:13:35 AM2/14/18
You had Indianapolis News twice BTW.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17440273/the_tampa_times/

Brian Henke

Feb 14, 2018, 8:04:10 AM2/14/18
It was almost one a.m. when I posted that. Plus, it was Carla's second birthday.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Brian Henke

Feb 15, 2018, 12:47:07 AM2/15/18
For the fourth day in a row, we have another recycled FC, this time from February 26, 1982, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Indianapolis News, and Tampa Tames. The original caption:

Jeffy:
"Shall I let the tide out?"

D Heine

Feb 15, 2018, 6:30:40 AM2/15/18
On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 11:47:07 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> For the fourth day in a row, we have another recycled FC, this time from February 26, 1982, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Indianapolis News, and Tampa Tames. The original caption:
>
> Jeffy:
> "Shall I let the tide out?"

> > > You had Indianapolis News twice BTW.
> > >
> > > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17440273/the_tampa_times/
> >
> > It was almost one a.m. when I posted that. Plus, it was Carla's second birthday.
> >

> > -----
> >
> > Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
> >
> > - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

You forgot to mention the Thel hair tweak.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 15, 2018, 7:12:41 PM2/15/18

Brian Henke

Feb 16, 2018, 12:36:13 AM2/16/18
On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 7:12:41 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> On Thursday, February 15, 2018 at 6:30:40 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> > On Wednesday, February 14, 2018 at 11:47:07 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> > > For the fifth day in a row, we have another recycled FC, this time from February 27, 1986, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Indianapolis News, and Tampa Tribune. Dolly's face was tweaked (in the original, she was looking at PJ in the original). The original caption:

Dolly:

"Aw- did you hurt yourself, Honey? Come over here. I'll feel sorry for you."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Jimmy Delach

Feb 16, 2018, 1:13:56 AM2/16/18
FYI this is also during the period (6/28/1983 through 7/27/1989) we can include the Clearwater Sun as far as the defunct papers carrying daily FC (and does the Baltimore Evening Sun count also?):

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17492618/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 17, 2018, 12:31:06 AM2/17/18
On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 1:13:56 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> On Friday, February 16, 2018 at 12:36:13 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:

That means for the daily FC, there were six recycled FC strips from 1970 to 1992 - and three had verbatim captions from when they originally ran.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 17, 2018, 12:39:30 AM2/17/18
One day after I turned 3 (FYI, you had Tampa Times listed when it bit the dust six months prior).

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17519412/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 19, 2018, 12:33:56 AM2/19/18
For the eighth daily in a row, FC recycled art, this time from February 17, 1997 (Presidents Day), when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. The original caption:

Billy:
"Which team was Lincoln talkin' about when he said, 'Four scores in seven years'?"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, broadsheet newspapers

Jimmy Delach

Feb 19, 2018, 12:43:01 AM2/19/18
> For the eighth daily in a row, FC recycled art, this time from February 17, 1997 (Presidents Day), when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. The original caption:
>
> Billy:
> "Which team was Lincoln talkin' about when he said, 'Four scores in seven years'?"
>
> Cincy...@yahoo.com
>
> -----
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, broadsheet newspapers
>
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

My junior year in high school (four days away from turning 17)...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17582075/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 20, 2018, 12:41:45 AM2/20/18
On Monday, February 19, 2018 at 12:43:01 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > For the ninth daily in a row, FC recycled art, this time from February 22, 1988, when it was in the Cincinnati Post, Pittsburgh Press, Indianapolis News and Tampa Tribune. The original caption:
> >

> > Jeffy:
"Grandma said, 'Simmer down!' What's simmer?"

Jimmy Delach

Feb 20, 2018, 6:24:34 AM2/20/18
One day after I turned 8. Tomorrow I turn 38.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17618868/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 21, 2018, 12:38:32 AM2/21/18
On Tuesday, February 20, 2018 at 6:24:34 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> [...]

The dialogue was exactly the same as when it appeared in the Cincinnati Post, Cleveland Press, Pittsburgh Press, Washington Star, Philadelphia Bulletin, Indianapolis News, and Tampa Tribune.

The guy who wrote Dear Basketball was four months old - and hadn't probably touched his first basketball!

Jimmy Delach

Feb 21, 2018, 12:46:00 AM2/21/18
It was Tampa Times (Tribune only carried Sunday FC in 1979).

Happy Birthday to me (even though at that point I haven't even been born)

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17645717/the_tampa_times/

Brian Henke

Feb 22, 2018, 12:41:36 AM2/22/18
On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 12:46:00 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 21, 2018 at 12:38:32 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:

The original caption:

Thel:
"Goodness! There;s a little boy under all that dirt!"

Jeffy:
"WHere, Mommy, where?"

> > The guy who wrote Dear Basketball was not even born YET.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 22, 2018, 12:55:07 AM2/22/18
And of course Thel's hair was tweaked...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17675550/the_pittsburgh_press/

Brian Henke

Feb 24, 2018, 12:31:56 AM2/24/18
\

> > The original caption:

Dolly:

"Thou shalt not cry."

Jimmy Delach

Feb 24, 2018, 4:39:16 PM2/24/18

Brian Henke

Feb 26, 2018, 12:45:42 AM2/26/18
On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 4:39:16 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> On Saturday, February 24, 2018 at 12:31:56 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > \
Today's FC recycled art, this time from February 24, 1993, when it appeared in the Cincinnati Post, Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News.

The caption was exactly the same as it was when Slick Willie was President.

Cincy...@yahoo.com
> -----

Jimmy Delach

Feb 26, 2018, 6:17:59 PM2/26/18
And, though not extinct like the other papers mentioned, you can now add the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette (which dropped FC from their comics lineup Today) to the list of papers it used to run in (for post-1993 strips anyway)...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17818505/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 27, 2018, 12:32:57 AM2/27/18
On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 6:17:59 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 12:45:42 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> > Today's FC recycled art, this time from February 10, 1984, when it appeared in the Cincinnati Post, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News.
> > > > > >

> > The caption was exactly the same as it was when Ronnie was President.
> >
> > Cincy...@yahoo.com

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

Jimmy Delach

Feb 27, 2018, 12:43:59 AM2/27/18
Entering Day 2 of no FC in Pittsburgh whatsoever...

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/17829241/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 28, 2018, 12:30:07 AM2/28/18
On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 12:32:57 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Monday, February 26, 2018 at 6:17:59 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> > > Today's FC recycled art, this time from February 9, 1984 (my mom's 46th birthday), when it appeared in the Cincinnati Post, Pittsburgh Press, Tampa Tribune and Indianapolis News.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 28, 2018, 12:41:01 AM2/28/18

Brian Henke

Feb 28, 2018, 12:58:11 AM2/28/18
To see what I looked like (with shortened hair) in 1984 (well, this was taken in the summer of 1983):

http://digital.cincinnatilibrary.org/digital/collection/p16998coll3/id/75517/rec/1

Incidentally, this is the 14th out of the last 15 daily FC known to use recycled art. It is the third straight day that the caption was the same as the original.

For the month of February, there were eighteen known examples of FC recycling (37 so far in 2018).
-------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

Brian Henke

Mar 1, 2018, 12:31:04 AM3/1/18
On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 12:30:07 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Tuesday, February 27, 2018 at 12:32:57 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:

Billy:
"But if I eat my sandwich first I might not have room for the cupcake."

Jimmy Delach

Mar 1, 2018, 12:34:43 AM3/1/18

Brian Henke

Mar 3, 2018, 12:33:19 AM3/3/18
On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 12:31:04 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 28, 2018 at 12:30:07 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:

Dolly:
"Daddy, what were you before you were a daddy?"

> > > Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

Jimmy Delach

Mar 3, 2018, 12:56:11 AM3/3/18

Brian Henke

Mar 5, 2018, 12:37:21 AM3/5/18
On Saturday, March 3, 2018 at 12:33:19 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Thursday, March 1, 2018 at 12:31:04 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:

Jeffy:

"I know my months - January, February, Marchuary."

(The man who wrote the Oscar-winning Best Animated Short, Dear Basketball, came off the bench to score ten points the day before!)

Jimmy Delach

Mar 5, 2018, 12:52:29 AM3/5/18

> Jeffy:
>
> "I know my months - January, February, Marchuary."
>
> (The man who wrote the Oscar-winning Best Animated Short, Dear Basketball, came off the bench to score ten points the day before!)

> > - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Congrats Kobe!

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/18007895/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Mar 6, 2018, 12:29:10 AM3/6/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 12:52:29 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:

> > Billy:

"Why do you call that a sports jacket, Daddy? You never play anything in it."

> > (The man who wrote the Oscar-winning Best Animated Short, Dear Basketball, was a freshman in high school!)

Jimmy Delach

Mar 6, 2018, 5:36:22 PM3/6/18
Ah, the weekend the infamous "no-name storm" hit Tampa Bay. Good times. :P

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/18056194/the_tampa_tribune/

Brian Henke

Mar 7, 2018, 12:32:26 AM3/7/18
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 12:29:10 AM UTC-5, Brian Henke wrote:
> [...]
Dolly:

"How much did you win, Mommy?"

> > > (The man who wrote the Oscar-winning Best Animated Short, Dear Basketball, was only four years old!)

D Heine

Mar 7, 2018, 6:34:13 AM3/7/18
What no name storm?

blinkyt...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2018, 8:38:29 AM3/7/18
The Storm Who Must Not Be Named.

Mark Jackson

Mar 7, 2018, 11:20:46 AM3/7/18
On 3/7/2018 8:38 AM, blinkyt...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 6:34:13 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
>> On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 4:36:22 PM UTC-6, Jimmy Delach wrote:

>>> Ah, the weekend the infamous "no-name storm" hit Tampa Bay. Good times. :P

>> What no name storm?

> The Storm Who Must Not Be Named.

That's Stormy, and she's challenging the hush agreement.

How many foxes does it take before a henhouse
becomes a foxhouse? - Charles P. Pierce

John W Kennedy

Mar 7, 2018, 12:31:29 PM3/7/18
The March, 1993, “storm of the century”:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1993_Storm_of_the_Century

Because it wasn’t a hurricane, it had no name.

--
John W. Kennedy
"The blind rulers of Logres

Jimmy Delach

Mar 7, 2018, 5:39:22 PM3/7/18
You left out the Pittsburgh Press this time. Of course, thanks to the P-G's comics changes, FC has been no more for a week and a half!

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/18086367/the_tampa_tribune/

D.D.Degg

Mar 7, 2018, 9:27:16 PM3/7/18
Mark Jackson wrote:
> That's Stormy, and she's challenging the hush agreement.

Hush hush, sweet Stormy
Stormy, don't you cry
Hush hush, sweet Charlotte
He'll love you till he dies