An update from Brian Basset (Red and Rover)

Darryl H

Jul 26, 2022, 7:59:01 AM7/26/22
Here's an update from Red and Rover cartoonist Brian Basset when I emailed him after Red and Rover went rerun mode again as of last week:

"This has been an extremely trying time for me. After my initial surgery on June 13 with a week’s stay in the hospital, I came down with a post-op infection three weeks after discharge which landed me back in the hospital for another week. The infection was so sever that my white blood cell count went through the roof, putting me at a great risk of a stroke. While in the hospital I contracted pneumonia along with a collapsed lung which made breathing all but impossible. I was put on oxygen for the rest of my stay. After discharge I went home with a portable IV machine for continual antibiotics, yet a week later my doctors determined that I wasn’t getting any better. It’s just been in the last few days that I’ve felt remotely human as my antibiotics were switched after a National database determined exactly what strain of bacteria was in my blood. I am still looking extremely fatigued but can feel myself getting a tad stronger with each day. God willing, I hope to be able to focus long enough where I can begin writing new material sometime next week. I hope this better explains the ringer I’ve gone through and why Andrews McMeel Universal is continuing to run Red and Rovers re-runs."

So we should see at least 1-2 more weeks of Red and Rover reruns after this week? Stay tuned...

Blinky the Wonder Wombat

Jul 26, 2022, 11:48:59 AM7/26/22
Thanks for the update. Here's hoping Brian gets well soon and is back behind the drawing board soon.

Darryl H

Aug 15, 2022, 5:19:19 PM8/15/22
And according to Brain's recent email: New Red and Rover daily episodes will resume September 12, 2022, so we got 3 more weeks of Red and Rover reruns after this week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Aug 15, 2022, 6:12:52 PM8/15/22

> And according to Brain's recent email: New Red and Rover daily episodes will resume September 12, 2022, so we got 3 more weeks of Red and Rover reruns after this week.

And Zits will be in reruns for two weeks starting September 5th so the New York Daily News will likely be down two strips for one week.