Pearls Before Swine: My Coffee Name

Lynn McGuire

Aug 23, 2021, 2:34:29 PM8/23/21
Pearls Before Swine: My Coffee Name
https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/08/22

I don't go to Starbucks, I'm no boob.

Lynn

Quinn C

Aug 23, 2021, 6:45:57 PM8/23/21
* Lynn McGuire:

> Pearls Before Swine: My Coffee Name
> https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/08/22
>
> I don't go to Starbucks, I'm no boob.

You are BasilBruce??

--
Never trust ale from a god-fearing people.
-- Quark

Dimensional Traveler

Aug 23, 2021, 8:20:24 PM8/23/21
To some just saying that makes you a boob.

--
Troll, troll, troll your post gently down the thread
Angrily, angrily, angrily, the net's a nut's scream.

J. Clarke

Aug 23, 2021, 8:29:49 PM8/23/21
On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 17:20:24 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
<dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>On 8/23/2021 11:34 AM, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> Pearls Before Swine: My Coffee Name
>>    https://www.gocomics.com/pearlsbeforeswine/2021/08/22
>>
>> I don't go to Starbucks, I'm no boob.
>>
>To some just saying that makes you a boob.

None whose opinion, at least in the area of coffee, is worth
considering. Starbucks has the same kind of quality control as
McDonalds--what you get will be the same in every Starbucks in the
world. To achieve that level of consistency they have to blend and
roast every last vestige of character out of their coffee. There's a
reason they push milk drinks.

Lynn McGuire

Aug 23, 2021, 9:05:44 PM8/23/21
I am allergic to milk. One ounce will make me upchuck.

Lynn

Dorothy J Heydt

Aug 23, 2021, 9:55:02 PM8/23/21
In article <sg1gl6$g9m$1...@dont-email.me>,
Lactose intolerance?

Then you order your coffee black (assuming you drink coffee at
all).

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California

Dorothy J Heydt

Aug 23, 2021, 9:55:02 PM8/23/21
In article <m7f8igtvj2si15ion...@4ax.com>,
I remember when a young man was staying with us (there was trouble at
home and we had an extra bedroom), and one day I heard him talking
on the phone and mentioning Starbucks' in tones of scorn.

When he'd hung up, I asked (out of mere curiosity, I don't drink
coffee at all) whether Starbuck's coffee was any good.

"STARBUCKS!" he shouted. "They pay lousy wages and no benefits."

"But is their coffee any good?"

"STARBUCKS!" he fumed. "They move into an area, start selling
their coffee extra-cheap, put the other coffee-houses out of
business, and then jack up the prices again."

"Yes, but is their COFFEE any good?"

He shrugged, completely calm. "Oh, it's lousy."

J. Clarke

Aug 23, 2021, 10:03:00 PM8/23/21
Upchucking is preferable to Starbucks coffee without adulterants.
However "milk drink" in Starbucks doesn't necessarily involve anything
that came out of a mammal.

J. Clarke

Aug 23, 2021, 10:05:29 PM8/23/21
Among coffee aficionados they are known as "charbucks". They do
provide a brown substance that contains caffeine and is not a cola.
Quite frankly, McDonalds has better coffee. They didn't used to but
they've been working on it.

Alan Baker

Aug 23, 2021, 11:15:08 PM8/23/21
Oh, do shut up.

Alan Baker

Aug 23, 2021, 11:15:26 PM8/23/21
Oh, do shut up.

Dorothy J Heydt

Aug 24, 2021, 9:10:02 AM8/24/21
In article <7ok8igts1r4918bk6...@4ax.com>,
Well, Lynn is old enough to know what suits his own body and what
doesn't. If the latter include both milk and Starbuck's, he can
do him.

Michael Trew

Aug 24, 2021, 12:10:52 PM8/24/21
That's funny. People love to transpose the 'a' and 'e' in my name.

I can't say that I was ever impressed with Starbucks. Their plain
coffee is so strong that it tastes burnt. I tried a "milkshake"
"coffee" once. It wasn't bad, but for over $5, not something that I'll
repeat any time soon.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Aug 24, 2021, 12:17:42 PM8/24/21
In article <sg35ma$b36$4...@dont-email.me>,
McDonalds now has very good coffee. It's not rocket science, and when
they put their minds to it, and implemented the procedures the franchaises
need to follow -- it worked. Dunkin as well. Both much better than SB,
at least for coffee-coffee. I'm sure the half-caf-skinny-whip-almond-
mocha-cinamon-cream-steam-nitro at SB is.. still unique.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Lynn McGuire

Aug 24, 2021, 3:43:17 PM8/24/21
McDonalds has always had good coffee for me. I was a field engineer for
a number of years and McDonalds was always a good place to stop, drain,
and refill.

Lynn

John W Kennedy

Aug 24, 2021, 6:10:53 PM8/24/21
For my wife and me, it’s a lose-lose. We can go with her name, Eleanor,
and expect it to be misspelled, or we can go with my name and have four
people answer, “That’s me!”.

Quinn C

Aug 24, 2021, 6:45:00 PM8/24/21
* Dorothy J Heydt:

> In article <m7f8igtvj2si15ion...@4ax.com>,
> J. Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On Mon, 23 Aug 2021 17:20:24 -0700, Dimensional Traveler
>><dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>>>To some just saying that makes you a boob.
>>
>>None whose opinion, at least in the area of coffee, is worth
>>considering. Starbucks has the same kind of quality control as
>>McDonalds--what you get will be the same in every Starbucks in the
>>world. To achieve that level of consistency they have to blend and
>>roast every last vestige of character out of their coffee. There's a
>>reason they push milk drinks.
>
> I remember when a young man was staying with us (there was trouble at
> home and we had an extra bedroom), and one day I heard him talking
> on the phone and mentioning Starbucks' in tones of scorn.
>
> When he'd hung up, I asked (out of mere curiosity, I don't drink
> coffee at all) whether Starbuck's coffee was any good.
>
> "STARBUCKS!" he shouted. "They pay lousy wages and no benefits."

From what I hear, their benefits are outstanding among fast-food
outlets. People continue working there for the health insurance.

--
Veronica: You named your puppy "The Missus"?
Cliff: Says the owner of a dog named "Pony".

Michael Trew

Aug 25, 2021, 12:13:42 AM8/25/21
I like the way you've named it, haha. The last time I went in, I
finally deciphered something off of their menu that was basically
frozen, blended, ground up iced coffee with so much creamer, flavoring,
etc. that it didn't even resemble coffee anymore. It cost near $6 for a
large, or whatever Italian name they call that size. It was good, I
suppose, but a coffee it was not. I'd call it a milkshake with coffee
flavor.

I have a $5 SB gift card that someone once gave me floating around here.
If I ever find it, I suppose I'll take it in and buy another coffee
milkshake some day. If I only have to pony up 80 cents, I reckon it's
worth it. :)