Classic Peanuts comic strip watch

D Heine

Jun 29, 2015, 7:40:51 AM6/29/15
This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

To star things off: Regarding The June 29, 2015 Classic Peanuts: When we thought the 2 and a 1/2 week Peanuts Snoopy election week arc would be replaced by 1959 strips, instead we are seeing a 1969 strip previously rerun in 2005 regarding Lucy's hurt knees while roller skating. Does this mean even if we get 1969 strips in place of 1968 strips the next 2 and a 1/2 weeks we night not see the 1969 strips again next year and maybe we might jump to a later Peanuts year never rerun before? It's too soon to tell...

D Heine

Jun 30, 2015, 9:52:33 AM6/30/15
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com
>
> To star things off: Regarding The June 29, 2015 Classic Peanuts: When we thought the 2 and a 1/2 week Peanuts Snoopy election week arc would be replaced by 1959 strips, instead we are seeing a 1969 strip previously rerun in 2005 regarding Lucy's hurt knees while roller skating. Does this mean even if we get 1969 strips in place of 1968 strips the next 2 and a 1/2 weeks we night not see the 1969 strips again next year and maybe we might jump to a later Peanuts year never rerun before? It's too soon to tell...

For one thing: This is the first time that the papers that have carried the "B" strips of Feb. 1988 to December 1999 Peanuts strips (like the Washington Post, Los Angeles Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Daytona Beach News Journal, others still carrying Peanuts reruns) are running the 1969 Peanuts strips.

Jimmy Delach

Jun 30, 2015, 12:31:07 PM6/30/15
This is also the first for the Tampa Bay Times. The Tampa Tribune was still running Peanuts back in 2005 (though like the Times, they ran the more recent rerun strips then) but by fall not for long...

D Heine

Jul 6, 2015, 7:37:13 AM7/6/15
On Tuesday, June 30, 2015 at 11:31:07 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> This is also the first for the Tampa Bay Times. The Tampa Tribune was still running Peanuts back in 2005 (though like the Times, they ran the more recent rerun strips then) but by fall not for long...

Yesterday newspapers and gocomics.com ran a 1968 Peanuts Sunday, and today starts the second week of 1969 Peanuts reruns replacing the 1968 campaign related Peanuts sequence. (I'm lucky the Chicago Tribune, which ran an Argyle Sweater from July 2011 instead of some offensive to the paper July 6, 2015 Argyle Sweater strip, ran that July 6, 2015 Peanuts 1969 strip rerun regarding Schroeder and Lucy discussing if Beethoven was African-American and if he got into "R&B" music).

D Heine

Jul 20, 2015, 7:46:16 AM7/20/15
After 3 weeks of 1969 Peanuts strips that next year (if Classic Peanuts goes in 1969 next year) may be replaced by the 1968 Peanuts Election Year arc strips, the Classic Peanuts strips in newspapers and gocomics.com return to 1968 strips for daily (1968 Sunday strips continue, of course).

D Heine

Jul 29, 2015, 2:10:47 PM7/29/15
Today's July 29, 2015 Peanuts 1968 comic strip rerun in newspapers and gocomics.com features the first appearance of Franklin in the Peanuts comic strip.

D Heine

Aug 16, 2015, 9:09:12 AM8/16/15
Today's August 16, 2015 Peanuts 1968 Sunday strip reprint in newspapers and gocomics.com features a 4 week Sunday story arc involving Snoopy getting cat food instead of dog food in his supper dish and then throws the supper dish of cat food to the cat next door. This is rare for the Peanuts comic strip to do Sunday story arc, one other rare Sunday story arc I can remember was circa 1954-1955 where there was a 4 week Peanuts 4 week Sunday story arc with Lucy taking part in a golf tournament with Charlie Brown's help (featuring adults seen only from the waist up!).

D Heine

Aug 22, 2015, 7:24:56 AM8/22/15
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com
>
> To star things off: Regarding The June 29, 2015 Classic Peanuts: When we thought the 2 and a 1/2 week Peanuts Snoopy election week arc would be replaced by 1959 strips, instead we are seeing a 1969 strip previously rerun in 2005 regarding Lucy's hurt knees while roller skating. Does this mean even if we get 1969 strips in place of 1968 strips the next 2 and a 1/2 weeks we night not see the 1969 strips again next year and maybe we might jump to a later Peanuts year never rerun before? It's too soon to tell...

Today's August 22, 2015 Peanuts 1968 strip reprint in newspapers and gocomics.com features the only appearance of Lila, who would later appear in the 1972 "Snoopy, Come Home" move.

mopoleum

Aug 22, 2015, 2:15:31 PM8/22/15
D Heine <darry...@aol.com> wrote:

> Today's August 22, 2015 Peanuts 1968 strip reprint in newspapers and
> gocomics.com features the only appearance of Lila, who would later
> appear in the 1972 "Snoopy, Come Home" move.

Is this around the time that Peanuts began featuring the long episodic
stories of things like Charlie Brown running away from home and becoming
baseball coach to a another neighborhood's kids?

I'm thinking it was a few years earlier, but does anyone know when it
became a major feature of Peanuts? When did he stop and turn the strip
into more of a Spike sitting in the desert gag a day strip?

Did he ever explain what inspired him to start telling these long,
elaborate stories, and why he stopped?

D Heine

Aug 22, 2015, 11:40:23 PM8/22/15
Actually, mopoleum, the Peanuts story arc Charlie Brown running away from home and becoming a baseball coach to another neighborhood's kids occured in 1977.

mopoleum

Aug 23, 2015, 12:50:41 PM8/23/15
D Heine <darry...@aol.com> wrote in
Sure, hence the qualifier "things like" -- as in, not exactly the same,
but sharing similar qualities.

So to get back to the question, does anyone have background on when he
started writing the elaborate, multi-week stories of things like Charlie
Brown running away from home and becoming baseball coach to a another
neighborhood's kids, when he stopped doing that on a regular basis, and
whether he ever commented on the reasons for starting and stopping?

D Heine

Oct 27, 2015, 7:56:36 AM10/27/15
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com
>
> To star things off: Regarding The June 29, 2015 Classic Peanuts: When we thought the 2 and a 1/2 week Peanuts Snoopy election week arc would be replaced by 1959 strips, instead we are seeing a 1969 strip previously rerun in 2005 regarding Lucy's hurt knees while roller skating. Does this mean even if we get 1969 strips in place of 1968 strips the next 2 and a 1/2 weeks we night not see the 1969 strips again next year and maybe we might jump to a later Peanuts year never rerun before? It's too soon to tell...

And for today's October 27, 2015 Peanuts classic rerun (Remember: I am not refering to the Peanuts Begins 1951 era seen on gocomics.com but the Classic Peanuts reruns seen in newspapers plus gocomics.com) instead of a 1968 strip we are getting a rerun from October 4, 1961 (Charlie Brown tells Linus in the first panel "You may not be aware of it, but Snoopy is the sort of dog that burglars fear the most!" and in the last panel Snoopy thinks "It's not nice to be so sarcastic!"). This strip was previously rerun in October 2008. What could be the 1968 Peanuts strip that got replaced by this? We'll find out in the next few to several days.

Jimmy Delach

Oct 27, 2015, 9:02:50 PM10/27/15

> And for today's October 27, 2015 Peanuts classic rerun (Remember: I am not refering to the Peanuts Begins 1951 era seen on gocomics.com but the Classic Peanuts reruns seen in newspapers plus gocomics.com) instead of a 1968 strip we are getting a rerun from October 4, 1961 (Charlie Brown tells Linus in the first panel "You may not be aware of it, but Snoopy is the sort of dog that burglars fear the most!" and in the last panel Snoopy thinks "It's not nice to be so sarcastic!"). This strip was previously rerun in October 2008. What could be the 1968 Peanuts strip that got replaced by this? We'll find out in the next few to several days.

I'd imagine it might be the 11/1/1968 strip assuming that Peanuts goes by the exact date in 1968 with Linus waiting for the Great Pumpkin (of course Halloween falls on a Saturday; in 1968, it was on a Thursday).

On Monday, Peanuts had the 11/2/1968 strip with Frieda informing Snoopy on National Cat Week (which will be featured next week).

D Heine

Oct 27, 2015, 9:47:20 PM10/27/15
Also: On October 17, 2015, the October 18, 1968 Peanuts strip where in the last panel Schroeder says "Hi, did you know there are 60 more days until Beethoven's Birthday?" did get rerun despite that on October 17, 2015 it was 61 more days until Beethoven's Birthday, not 60.

D Heine

Nov 2, 2015, 8:14:54 AM11/2/15
On Tuesday, October 27, 2015 at 8:02:50 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
You are correct, Jimmy, the skipped/not rerun Peanuts strip comes from November 1, 1968 and today's 1968 rerun for November 2, 2015 in newspapers and gocomics.com shows Snoopy giving a "BOOOOO" to cats in honor of National Cat Week.

Jimmy Delach

Dec 13, 2015, 6:03:55 AM12/13/15
Figured I'd beat Darryl to this.

Today's "Peanuts" rerun was from 1960 instead of the current 1968 strip. Reason being that the 12/15/1968 strip made references to Beethoven's birthday being Tomorrow instead of three days from now.

D Heine

Dec 13, 2015, 9:22:31 AM12/13/15
On Sunday, December 13, 2015 at 5:03:55 AM UTC-6, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> Figured I'd beat Darryl to this.
>
> Today's "Peanuts" rerun was from 1960 instead of the current 1968 strip. Reason being that the 12/15/1968 strip made references to Beethoven's birthday being Tomorrow instead of three days from now.

This is the third time this since Charles Schulz's death in 2000 Peanuts rerun period that 1960 Peanuts strip - "Don't bug me, dog" (first run December 4, 1960) was rerun, first in 2007 with the normal 1960 rerun cycle period, and again in 2012 in place of a not suited for the 2012 year 1965 Sunday Peanuts strip. WHY THE THIRD TIME??

And Jimmy, thanks for beating me to it.

D Heine

Dec 22, 2015, 9:07:04 AM12/22/15
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com
>
> As we are apporaching the last days of the 1968 Peanuts strips to fill holes today we may see some 1969 strips before we restart permamently the 1969 cycle (No unexpected 1959-1961 replacements for now even today) with today's December 22, 2015 Peanuts strip being from January 1969 - "Ice skating is a good way to meet girls."

Speaking of 1969 Peanuts, it has be some years since following the United Features outsourcing/folding into Universal Uclick that Universal Uclick hasn't done its annual Peanuts Holiday Countdown for newspapers with images from that year's Peanuts comic strips and a message for the shopping days until Christmas ending on December 25 with the "Have a Merry Christmas" message and for the last few years the Peanuts Holiday Countdown from 2005 with images from 1969 Peanuts strips has been rerun every Christmas on gocomics.com. (I first noticed the Peanuts Holiday Countdown in 1989 in a newspaper called the Crystal Lake Northwest Herald).

Brian Henke

Dec 22, 2015, 1:56:11 PM12/22/15
The Cincinnati Post ran the Peanuts Christmas Countdown in the 1980s.

Cincy...@aol.com

------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Mike Rhode

Dec 22, 2015, 5:19:33 PM12/22/15
The Cookeville TN Herald Citizen has run it up into the recent years. In fact, I thought there was a 2014 one. My mother-in-law usually saves them for me.

Mike Rhode

Dec 26, 2015, 8:26:32 PM12/26/15
I have in my hand definite proof(to quote somebody unlikable) of the Peanuts Christmas ads... A set of clippings from the Herald Citizen from this year. Featuring the Jewelry Emporium.

D Heine

Dec 27, 2015, 9:20:44 AM12/27/15
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com
>
> And for today - December 27, 2015 - with a few days to go before 2016 starts in place of the not suited for the reprint year December 29, 1968 Peanuts strip regarding Snoopy celebrating the New Year's Eve which isn't until Tuesday as the strip said (New Year's Eve in 2015 is this Thursday, not Tuesday) we get a different New Year's related strip from January 3, 1960 (Previously rerun in January 2007 during the first month of the 1960 Peanuts rerun cycle) where Lucy shows Linus a list of New Year's resolutuions and then Linus laughs with Lucy saying in the last panel "Reformers have a hard life!"

Well, we'll see what the daily Peanuts rerun strips look like this week if we start rerun cycle 2 of most 1969 Peanuts strips last rerun in 2005, or - less likely or something like that - be surprised if we jump ahead or jump back to another Peanuts year. I hope the December 31, 1968 Peanuts strip with "The last day of the year, and I did it again! I blew another year!" gets rerun this Thursday - New Year's Eve - of this week.

D Heine

Dec 29, 2015, 10:12:43 AM12/29/15
As of yesterday (December 28, 2015) - We are in the 1969 arc where Snoopy skates with Peppermint Patty. I guess its a head scratcher for Thursday for the December 31, 1968 Peanuts strip ("The last day of the year - I blew another year") to be rerun on Thuesday.

D Heine

Dec 31, 2015, 10:11:56 AM12/31/15
Yes, I was right. Today's December 31, 2015 Peanuts classic is the December 31, 1968 "The last day of the year...I blew another year" strip. As of tomorrow we are mostly going to cycle 2 of 1969 strips last rerun in A papers in 2005 but first for B papers that carried 1992 Peanuts reruns that year.

D Heine

Jan 1, 2016, 3:23:34 PM1/1/16
And as of today - January 1, 2016 - we resume officially cycle 2.0 of 1969 Peanuts strips last rerun in 2005 starting with what Lucy thinks this is her year.

D Heine

Jan 2, 2016, 11:26:02 AM1/2/16
For today's January 2, 2016 Classic Peanuts rerun we have a leftover from towards the end of 1968 perfect for this Saturday where Lucy says to Snoopy "Anyone who would sit around by himself making funny faces must be crazy." Snoopy thinks: "What else is there to do on a Saturday afternoon?"

D Heine

Jan 3, 2016, 9:44:42 AM1/3/16
Today's Sunday, January 3, 2016 Peanuts 1969 second cycle era strip is the first Sunday in this 1969 cycle 2 where we see some Peanuts characters in a movie theatre and Snoopy buys his own movie ticket and thinks it's candy and swallows it then thinks "I wasted my money, that tasted terrible!"

D Heine

Jan 7, 2016, 7:06:56 AM1/7/16
In the January 7, 2016 second cycle of 1969 Peanuts strips, we saw a phrase said by Linus: "1984 was never like this". I guess Linus is referring to a George Orwell novel of the same title and not a year to come. (Maybe both)?

D Heine

Feb 3, 2016, 9:00:21 AM2/3/16
On Thursday, January 7, 2016 at 6:06:56 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> In the January 7, 2016 second cycle of 1969 Peanuts strips, we saw a phrase said by Linus: "1984 was never like this". I guess Linus is referring to a George Orwell novel of the same title and not a year to come. (Maybe both)?

Regarding today's Feb. 3, 2016 Peanuts 1969 classic rerun from 1969: With references to Groundhog Day with Lucy and Snoopy: "Yesterday was Groundhog Day, and you didn't even know it!" "I was deluged with Groundhog Day cards". Originally in 2005 this Groundhog Day Peanuts related strip with not rerun for no reason and replaced by a 1975 Peanuts strip which went "This is a tale of Greed: Joe Greed was born on a farm in Colorado".

Finally, a skipped in 2005 1969 Peanuts strip gets rerun in 1969 Classic Peanuts rerun cycle 2.0!

Jimmy Delach

Feb 14, 2016, 8:54:53 AM2/14/16
Today's Classic Peanuts strip (2/14/2016) was one that originally ran on February 19, 1961 (in which Lucy was bothered that Schroeder didn't send her a Valentine) instead of the 1969 strip in which Charlie Brown was depressed about not getting any Valentines (and got a kiss from Snoopy while checking the mailbox) most likely due to the one panel (that wouldn't run in many papers anyway but for the sake of accuracy) in which Charlie Brown says "Let's see... Today is the Sixteenth, isn't it?" (In 1969, Valentine's Day fell on a Friday).

Surprised Daryl didn't post about this (would've posted earlier but the delivery of the Tampa Bay Times was so late arriving by the time I picked up the paper, it was time to go to church).

D Heine

Feb 14, 2016, 9:21:31 AM2/14/16
On Sunday, February 14, 2016 at 7:54:53 AM UTC-6, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> Today's Classic Peanuts strip (2/14/2016) was one that originally ran on February 19, 1961 (in which Lucy was bothered that Schroeder didn't send her a Valentine) instead of the 1969 strip in which Charlie Brown was depressed about not getting any Valentines (and got a kiss from Snoopy while checking the mailbox) most likely due to the one panel (that wouldn't run in many papers anyway but for the sake of accuracy) in which Charlie Brown says "Let's see... Today is the Sixteenth, isn't it?" (In 1969, Valentine's Day fell on a Friday).
>
> I just saw that 1961 Peanuts Lucy/Schroeder Valentine's Day strip, it was previously rerun in 2008 during the 1961 Peanuts cycle. Also: This is the second time the Feb. 16, 1969 Peanuts Valentine's Day strip was skipped, the other time was during the original 2005 cycle of 1969 Peanuts strips.

I was lucky the Feb. 14, 1969 Peanuts Valentine's Day strip (Linus gives Sally a Valentine, then Sally cries a bit and then says "Sorry, a tear came to my eye") was rerun on Feb. 13, 2016 (in the original cycle in 2005 that strip was rerun on Feb. 14, 2005). Who knows what previously rerun in 2005 and/or not previously rerun in 2005 Peanuts 1969 strips might get the shaft this 2016 year due to not suited for the 2016 year dates and/or possible politcally incorrectness (Heck, I am still hoping in the Summer of this 2016 year the 3 weeks of 1968 Peanuts strips which swapped out in favor of 1969 Peanuts strips last year featuring a 2 and a 1/2 week 1968 Snoopy campaign arc get rerun) in the months to come...

D Heine

Feb 28, 2016, 9:10:07 AM2/28/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com
>
> Today for Feb. 28, 2016 we have a 1969 Peanuts Sunday strip that was to have to run in the newspapers in January 2005 but got shut out in most newspapers in favor of a 1970 Snoopy/pre-Woodstock hockey strip that was rerun in 2004 in the 1970 Peanuts rerun cycle. This strip deals with Lucy about to hand something to Linus, which was actually worms.
Linus and Lucy: "I KNEW WHAT YOU'RE THINKING!"
Lucy: "This is ridiculous, Linus, take them!"
Linus: "THEM?!!"

Of course, the follow up Sunday the next week (which did get rerun in 2005) had Linus offer the worms Linus gave him to Snoopy.

D Heine

Mar 6, 2016, 8:47:46 AM3/6/16
And today - March 6, 2016 - is the follow up 1969 Sunday strip I mentioned.

Jimmy Delach

Mar 27, 2016, 4:46:16 AM3/27/16
Today, "Classic Peanuts" is running the April 6, 1969 strip instead of March 30 due to Today being Easter Sunday. This incidentally was also the case on this very day back in 2005 when "Peanuts" last ran 1969 repeats.

And although this thread is mainly centered on "Peanuts", it's worth mentioning that "For Better Or For Worse" cartoonist Lynn Johnston adjusted her run of 1987 repeats (with 2016 listed as copyright date) this past week so the Easter-themed strips would run in time (Easter was on 4/19 back in 1987).

D Heine

Mar 27, 2016, 9:48:43 AM3/27/16
On Sunday, March 27, 2016 at 3:46:16 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> Today, "Classic Peanuts" is running the April 6, 1969 strip instead of March 30 due to Today being Easter Sunday. This incidentally was also the case on this very day back in 2005 when "Peanuts" last ran 1969 repeats.
>
> And although this thread is mainly centered on "Peanuts", it's worth mentioning that "For Better Or For Worse" cartoonist Lynn Johnston adjusted her run of 1987 repeats (with 2016 listed as copyright date) this past week so the Easter-themed strips would run in time (Easter was on 4/19 back in 1987).

Well, I know the March 30, 1969 Peanuts strip will run next week on April 3, 2016 - This deals with Charlie Brown at Lucy's "DOCTOR IS IN" booth with Charlie Brown saying in the last panel "JUST WAIT 'TIL NEXT YEAR!"

Does Darby Conley also adjust Get Fuzzy indefinate (with no ending fate in sight) daily rerun mode strips for holidays as well? Doubtful Garry Trudeau does this for Donnesbury indefinate (also with no ending fate in sight, but who knows?) daily rerun mode strips.

Jimmy Delach

Mar 28, 2016, 7:09:11 AM3/28/16

> Does Darby Conley also adjust Get Fuzzy indefinate (with no ending fate in sight) daily rerun mode strips for holidays as well?

1. I don't bother checking for sure but safe to assume I think Darby is simply mailing it in as far as the Get Fuzzy dailies are concerned. I was actually surprised yesterday's strip was new (given that it was Easter, I was nearly expecting a repeat strip).

Anyway, some more adjustments in this week's Peanuts dailies in part due to a brief series of April Fool's-related strips (in 1969, 4/1 fell on a Tuesday; in 2005 and 2016, it falls on a Friday). So this week will see the 4/3 - 4/5 strips rerun first followed by the 3/31 - 4/2 strips.

D Heine

Mar 31, 2016, 9:00:54 AM3/31/16
Today's March 31, 2016 Peanuts 1969 strip is the first of the three 1969 related April Fool's strips, the first one and the one to come this Saturday were skipped over back in 2005 for no reason and replaced in April 1969 with the last 2 strips from a 1975 story arc after Linus met a girl named Truffles and during those strips Linus became a victim of a "short sad love affair" and even missed catching the baseball! Of course that April 1, 1969 April Fool's related strip did get rerun on April 1, 2005.

For the record, the March 31, 1969 Peanuts strip rerun today on March 31, 2016 features Charlie Brown after Lucy made plans for an April Fool's trick saying "Maybe I should hide in a cave or something." and the April 2, 1969 Peanuts strip which is slated to run this Saturday had Linus complaining to Charlie Brown about the Lucy April Fool's trick.

So we are getting this week 2 skipped over in 2005 Peanuts 1969 strips finally getting a rerun due. I bet the 5 skipped in 2005 Be Kind to Animals Week related strips will get rerun the first week in May and maybe the 3 1969 first, second, and third of May strips may either be skipped and held until next year with a week of 1970 strips in its place (if not 1960-1961 strips), maybe the 3 weeks of 1968 Peanuts strips dealing with the election year and Snoopy doing a campaign are still on the hopes for this Summer 2016, stay tuned...

D Heine

Apr 2, 2016, 9:51:08 AM4/2/16
And, today the Linus/Charlie Brown post April Fool's Day related strip is run on April 2, 2016 as promised...

D Heine

Apr 3, 2016, 10:10:41 AM4/3/16
And as promised, that Sunday Peanuts "JUST WAIT TIL NEXT YEAR!" strip appears today on April 3, 2016.

D Heine

Apr 24, 2016, 9:26:56 AM4/24/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

We have a sticky situation the next 2 weeks involving May 1969 Peanuts strips in the second 1969 rerun cycle: Do you think the 5 BE KIND TO ANIMALS WEEK related strips from May 1969 will be rerun the next week of May 2-6, 2016 since they were not run and replaced by 5 1975 Peanuts strips back in May 2005 and/or the 3 dances of May strips for this coming week may be skipped and held until next year in favor of 1970 Peanuts strips (I hope this Summer the 3 skipped 1968 Peanuts weeks dealing with Snoopy's campaign get run!) or get replaced by circa 1961 Peanuts strips? In May 2005 the "Second day of May dance" and "No dance for the third of May" Peanuts strips were rerun but not the "First day of May dance" strip (To make it up, a 1975 Peanuts strip ran). Also that same 2005 year, a Peanuts strip mentioning the Arm Wrestling competition in Petaluma on May 2 ran out of place on May 7, 2005. We'll find out this week and next week...

D Heine

Apr 25, 2016, 7:38:24 AM4/25/16
Well, the normal Peanuts 1969 strip first run on April 28, 1969 did run today ("We're not going to be like the other teams dog!" in the last panel after the usual POW from the baseball Charlie Brown goes "WOOF!"), but we'll see how the rest of the week goes in terms of later that week DAYS OF MAY dance strips and next week's BE KIND TO ANIMALS WEEK strips - all from 1969.

D Heine

Apr 29, 2016, 9:50:53 AM4/29/16
Yesterday on April 28, 2016 we saw the May 10, 1969 baseball themed strip following 5 Be Kind to Animals week strips get rerun, but today on April 29, 2016 we see instead of a 1969 Peanuts strip a strip from 1960 (From May 2, 1060 according to the Complete Peanuts 1959-1960 volume) with Snoopy thinking after he hears the noice of Linus' cookie "Underneath the sound of walking feet and squeaking wheels I hear a cookie crunch! Could this 1960 replacement be a replacing a not suited for this year May 1969 "Dance of May" strip and/or one of the 5 1969 "Be Kind to Animals Week" strips? We'll find out tomorrow and even next week.

D Heine

Apr 29, 2016, 9:58:26 AM4/29/16
For the record, that May 2, 1960 Peanuts "Underneath the sound of walking feet..." strip rerun today on April 29, 2016 was rerun back in 2007 during the 1960 Peanuts rerun year cycle.

D Heine

Apr 30, 2016, 9:05:31 AM4/30/16
Today for April 30, 2016 we are back to normal on Peanuts 1969 cycle 2.0 with the previously skipped in the 2005 1969 rerun cycle May 1, 1969 "First Day of May Dance" strip finally being run - on April 30, 2016 with tomorrow starting the month of May! Now I hope for the coming week following 2 more dance of May strips we see 4 out of 5 1969 Be Kind to Animals Week related strips that were skipped over in favor of 1975 strips back in May 2005.

D Heine

May 4, 2016, 8:57:40 AM5/4/16
Today we get the first of possibly 4 1969 Peanuts Be Kind to Animals week strips on May 4, 2016: The Wednesday Be Kind to Animals week strip from 1969 was run today - Snoopy thinks: "Today is Wednesday, Be Kind to Animals Week is half over and no one has asked me out to lunch." This was one of the 5 "B.K.T.A.W." strips skipped over in 2005 in favor of 1975 Peanuts strips.

D Heine

May 7, 2016, 11:42:03 PM5/7/16
For the May 7, 2016 Peanuts reprint, the last of the 1969 "Be Kind to Animals Week" strip where Snoopy does the "Be Kind to Animals Week" dance.

We had the "Be Kind to Animals Week" 1969 strips with Linus and Frieda run this week, however, the 1969 "Be Kind to Animals Week" strip with Lucy (who comes by Snoopy and pats him on the head) was never rerun, not even in 2005.

D Heine

May 15, 2016, 9:44:28 AM5/15/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

For May 15, 2016: I was worried that today's May 15, 2016 Peanuts 1969 strip rerun with mention of Joe Garagoiola twice in it (last rerun in 2005 also) as Snoopy gets a phone call from some magazine salesman ("He says to tell you he has all the magazine he wants!") would be skipped or not rerun again due to the recent early 2016 Joe Garagiola death, but it did get rerun today despite Joe Garagiola's death! Now will the December 1969 Peanuts SPORTS BANQUET arc strip with Joe Garagiola mention get rerun again later this year or not? We'll see...

D Heine

May 23, 2016, 7:38:46 AM5/23/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Nice line regarding today's March 23, 2016 Peanuts 1969 2.0 rerun cycle strip: "On your seventy-fifth birthday, I'll bake you a cake". For the record: Charles Schulz did make it to 75 years old in 1997.

Brian Henke

May 23, 2016, 7:56:57 PM5/23/16
When Schulz turned 75 in November 1997, Peanuts went into reruns for several weeks. That was the first time ever Peanuts reruns were published.

Cincy...@aol.com

-----

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

D Heine

Jun 5, 2016, 8:33:11 AM6/5/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Thing to watch for this June 6-11, 2016 week: I don't know if any 1990's Peanuts "June 6, 1944 To Remember" D-Day related strip (especially the one that was run twice in a row last year and 2014?) will run tomorrow on June 6, 2016 even when we get to the Peanuts 1969 arc where Charlie Brown goes on vacation and Lucy and Linus take care of Snoopy while Charlie Brown's gone.

After that, we may get to make up for last year the 3 weeks of 1968 Peanuts strips that include strips related to the election year that were swapped out last year for 1969 strips.

D Heine

Jun 6, 2016, 7:37:17 AM6/6/16
Today, for the 3rd. year in a row, the Peanuts D-Day strip from 1996 gets rerun again on June 6, 2016. Why not a different Peanuts D-Day strip??

D Heine

Jun 7, 2016, 8:40:52 AM6/7/16
And today on June 7, 2016 we are back to 1969 Peanuts dailies with the arc of Charlie Brown going on vacation and Linus and Lucy taking care of Snoopy. The first strip in the arc (though it did get run in 2005) was skipped and we are in the second day of that 1969 arc ("While our family goes on vacation, you can either stay in a kennel or stay with Lucy.")

D Heine

Jun 27, 2016, 7:43:15 AM6/27/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com
>
> To star things off: Regarding The June 29, 2015 Classic Peanuts: When we thought the 2 and a 1/2 week Peanuts Snoopy election week arc would be replaced by 1959 strips, instead we are seeing a 1969 strip previously rerun in 2005 regarding Lucy's hurt knees while roller skating. Does this mean even if we get 1969 strips in place of 1968 strips the next 2 and a 1/2 weeks we night not see the 1969 strips again next year and maybe we might jump to a later Peanuts year never rerun before? It's too soon to tell...

Well, as I hoped for: Starting today (June 27, 2016) and the next 3 weeks the 3 weeks of 1968 Peanuts reruns regarding the election year that got bumped last year for 1969 strips start today. (Snoopy: "I have forgotten this was an election year").

D Heine

Jul 3, 2016, 8:52:03 AM7/3/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Regarding today's July 3, 2016 Peanuts 1969 Sunday strip reprint with:
LUCY: "This little piggy went to market, this little piggy stayed home..."
CHARLIE BROWN: "GET BACK IN CENTERFIELD WHERE YOU BELONG!!"
LUCY: "What a crabby manager!"

...it was finally rerun today on July 3, 2016! It was originally skipped and replaced for no reason back on July 3, 2005 by a 1975 Peanuts Sunday strip.

Well, we got 2 more weeks of lost since last year Peanuts 1968 strips mostly on the campaign coming up...

D Heine

Jul 16, 2016, 7:15:59 AM7/16/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Today - July 16, 2016 - marks the last of the 3 week postponed from last year 1968 strips (With the 2 and a 1/2 week Snoopy campaign ended earlier this week, the 3 week 1968 first run in rerun strips had for July 16, 2016 Charlie Brown asking Frieda and Violet "If I had a birthday party, girls, would you come?"). Monday the Peanuts 1969 reprint cycle 2.0 resumes hopefully with the 2 week 1969 Peanuts story arc where Charlie Brown notices the Little Red Haired Girl is moving away!

Also, 1969 Peanuts Sundays part of 1969 reprint cycle 2.0 continue...

D Heine

Jul 18, 2016, 7:36:04 AM7/18/16
As promised, Peanuts 1969 cycle 2.0 resumed today on July 18, 2016 with the Little Red Haired Girl moving away story arc.

D Heine

Dec 1, 2016, 11:35:36 AM12/1/16
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

We are now in the month of December 2016 with the December 1969 second cycle of Peanuts comic strips winding down, with hopes that towards the end of 2016 and start of 2017 we will see the 1970 Peanuts comic strips run a second time like most papers ran them back in 2004.

One thing to ponder as we get towards the end Peanuts 1969 cycle 2.0: What would be the status of the end of 1969-start of 1970 Peanuts "Sports Banquet" arc strips being rerun, would Universal Uclick run or skip over the 2 Sports Banquet strips - one mentioning Arnold Palmer, the other mentioning Joe Garagiola (Both died this year in 2016)? Universal Uclick did rerun a Sunday 1969 Peanuts strip this year with mention of Joe Garagiola a few weeks after Joe G's death oddly.

D Heine

Dec 5, 2016, 8:49:29 AM12/5/16
Another thing to know: Gocomics.com no longer does the Peanuts Holiday Countdown every Christmas year since Universal Uclick ceased it after the UFS/Universal Uclick merger. Although the Five Cents Please Blog has been using past years Peanuts Holiday Countdowns - This tear it's the P.H.C. From 1999 - The year of the final Christmas for the Peanuts strip prior to Charles Schulz's retirement and death.

D Heine

Dec 13, 2016, 11:43:39 AM12/13/16
Right now the 1969 Peanuts strips are rerunning the December 1969 Peanuts story arc where Charlie Brown, Linus, and Snoopy go on a ski trip to "Lofty Mountain". This was one of the last 1969 story arcs most papers rerun in December 2005, then starting in January 2006 most papers went back starting with 1959 Peanuts strips.

D Heine

Dec 21, 2016, 8:34:20 AM12/21/16
On Thursday, December 1, 2016 at 10:35:36 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
And today - 12/21/2016 - starts the Peanuts end of 1969/start of 1970 Sports Banquet arc and that strip that started the arc (last rerun in A papers in 2005, a few days before Peanuts reruns dug deeper into 1959) has kept intact the Arnold Palmer mention despite Mr. Palmer's death some months back in 2016.

D Heine

Dec 24, 2016, 8:46:02 PM12/24/16
On Monday, December 5, 2016 at 7:49:29 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> Another thing to know: Gocomics.com no longer does the Peanuts Holiday Countdown every Christmas year since Universal Uclick ceased it after the UFS/Universal Uclick merger. Although the Five Cents Please Blog has been using past years Peanuts Holiday Countdowns - This tear it's the P.H.C. From 1999 - The year of the final Christmas for the Peanuts strip prior to Charles Schulz's retirement and death.

I stand corrected: The 2005 Peanuts Holiday Countdown did get on gocomics.com belatedly.

D Heine

Dec 27, 2016, 1:11:34 PM12/27/16
And today on December 27, 2016 the Joe Garagiola (who passed away this 2016 year) mention in the end of 1969/start of 1970 Peanuts Sports Banquet story arc strip is run.

D Heine

Dec 29, 2016, 4:14:25 PM12/29/16
Today for December 29, 2016 continuing the 1969-1970 Peanuts sports banquet arc we now see a 1970 copyright date as we enter Peanuts 1970 strips cycle 2.0. More proof to come on Sunday if the Peanuts reruns don't cycle back...

D Heine

Jan 1, 2017, 9:15:17 AM1/1/17
Yesterday we saw for the fourth time in Peanuts run history the Peanuts end of the SPORTS BANQUET arc with a reference to the school ski trip arc where at the end Lucy says "Happy new year, five cents please." And today as Peanuts 1970 rerun cycle 2.0 continues we see on New Years Day 2017 the first Peanuts 1970 Sunday of the 1970 cycle where Snoopy fills in a questionaire to the Head Beagle, and at the end since Snoopy wishes someday he could be Head Beagle, he got his wish a few months later temporary. The best part of the questionaire Snoopy filled out in the 1970 strip:
"How many rabbits have you chased?"
Snoopy replies: "NONE!...how emarrassing!"

D Heine

Jan 22, 2017, 9:34:47 AM1/22/17
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Regarding today's January 22, 2017 Peanuts Sunday 1970 rerun where Snoopy and the not named Woodstock are playing ice hockey ("HEY! How about cross-checking? How about unnecessary roughness? Five minute penalty!"), though this strip was previously rerun in January 2004 as part of the first 1970 rerun cycle, this was rerun in most papers in January 2005 during the first 1969 Peanuts rerun cycle which replaced some kind of Peanuts 1969 strip dealing with Linus, Lucy, and worms (though it finally got rerun everywhere last year!).

D Heine

Feb 12, 2017, 6:40:07 AM2/12/17
Some recent Peanuts 1970 second cycle strips to note in the last few days:
2/9/2017 - Lincoln's Birthday related strip reran as normal a few days before Lincoln's Birthday
2/10/2017 and 2/11/2017 - first 2 strips of the 1970 Snoopy as Head Beagle story arc.
I bet 2/13/2017 and 2/14/2017 will be the 1970 Peanuts Valentines Day strips with Charlie Brown by the mailbox befor Snoopy Head Beagle arc resumes.

D Heine

Feb 15, 2017, 8:40:27 AM2/15/17
2/13/2017 and 2/14/2017 are the 1970 Valentine related strips, and today on Feb. 15, 2017 the Snoopy Head Beagle arc resumes with Charlie Brown, Linus, and Lucy watching the Head Beagle inaguaration on TV (on three networks in 1970, today we have 5 major networks - ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, and CW - don't forget cable TV news channels CNN, MSNBC, and FOX News Channel).

I forgot to also mention that as of last week Peanuts Classic reruns (as well as the For Better or For Worse reruns) are now carrying the Andrews McMeel copyright.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 15, 2017, 8:47:48 PM2/15/17

> I forgot to also mention that as of last week Peanuts Classic reruns (as well as the For Better or For Worse reruns) are now carrying the Andrews McMeel copyright.

Maybe Lynn Johnston and whoever is in charge of the Peanuts reruns prepared well in advance of the other Andrews McMeel strips?

D Heine

Apr 2, 2017, 10:10:59 AM4/2/17
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com
>
> Did you like for the April 1, 2017 Peanuts rerun of the April 1, 1970 Peanuts strip where Lucy did an April Fool's joke on Charlie Brown that baseball player Ted Williams was at the front door? It's good to play an April Fool's joke even for a deceased for years baseball player named Ted Williams.

Stephen Graham

Apr 3, 2017, 2:07:47 PM4/3/17
Kinda reinforces the point that it's time to retire Peanuts. Who under
the age of 40, except for serious baseball fans, knows who Ted Williams
was? He's been dead since 2002, last managed a team in 1972, and retired
as an active player in 1960. The joke worked 47 years ago; it doesn't now.

D Heine

Apr 26, 2017, 10:26:27 PM4/26/17
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

For those following the 1970 cycle 2.0 run of Peanuts, the 2 late April 1970 weeks in the original Peanuts 1970 order were flip flopped last week and this weeks so one week can sync into NATIONAL SECRETARIES WEEK (As Snoopy says: "Give your secretary a hug!")

D Heine

Jun 1, 2017, 8:47:33 AM6/1/17
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

We are currently in Peanuts 1970 cycle 2.0 in the arc where Charlie Brown has to give Peppermint Patty a baseball glove for Thibault and Thibault then never gives back the glove to Charlie Brown.

Speaking of Thibault: 3 years from now in 2020 (if newspapers phyically survive and are still around, and if Peanuts reruns still go by Andrews McMeel and gocomics) when the 1973 Peanuts strips get rerun again: Will the 1973 week of Peanuts ever get rerun this time where Thibault threatens Marcie about women playing baseball? This week of strips was skipped in Summer 2001 replaced by a week of 1975 Peanuts strips (That same time 1975 Peanuts strips replaced a 1973 Peanuts arc of Snoopy trying to break Babe Ruth's home run record before Hank Aaron did)

D Heine

Jun 6, 2017, 3:46:11 PM6/6/17
And today on June 6, 2017 in newspapers plus gocomics.com for the 4th. year in a row the Peanuts D-Day strip from 1996 is rerun again (but now has the Peanuts Worldwide/Andrews McMeel copyright). Guess the next to last 1970 Peanuts Thibault/baseball glove story arc is replaced/not reprinted for that day.

D Heine

Jun 7, 2017, 8:55:20 AM6/7/17
Well, actually, the next to last strip of the Charlie Brown/Thibault/Peppermint Patty baseball glove arc isn't snubbed after all! It was run today on June 7, 2017! Maybe tomorrow could be the last strip of the arc where Charlie Brown talks to Linus about having Thibault keeping the glove.

D Heine

Jun 9, 2017, 9:08:38 AM6/9/17
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Though 1970 cycle 2.0 Peanuts strips are now a day late thanks to the D-Day June 6, 2017 strip: Since we got the last 2 of the Charlie Brown/Thibault/Peppermint Patty baseball glove arc...today's June 9, 2017 Peanuts 1970 rerun features the first time Snoopy became a tennis player.

D Heine

Jun 13, 2017, 7:00:38 AM6/13/17
Actually, 1970 Peanuts cycle 2.0 strips are back in sync since due to the 1996 D-Day strip a 1970 strip was skipped (The one where Linus talks about a wolverine and shows Snoopy's first appearance as Joe Cool - This strip did get rerun in 2004!).

D Heine

Jun 19, 2017, 2:02:24 PM6/19/17
Yesterday - June 18, 2017 - reran in Peanuts 1970 cycle 2.0 the Sunday Peanuts June 1970 Father's Day/hearts card game/rolls and bread relatedcomic strip which might have been the saddest Peanuts comic strip Charles Schulz ever did in his 50 year Peanuts career.

Today - June 19, 2017 - is the June 1970 Peanuts comic strip where Snoopy's bird friend Woodstock is finally named.

D Heine

Jul 9, 2017, 9:40:15 AM7/9/17
On Monday, June 19, 2017 at 1:02:24 PM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> Yesterday - June 18, 2017 - reran in Peanuts 1970 cycle 2.0 the Sunday Peanuts June 1970 Father's Day/hearts card game/rolls and bread relatedcomic strip which might have been the saddest Peanuts comic strip Charles Schulz ever did in his 50 year Peanuts career.
>
> Today - June 19, 2017 - is the June 1970 Peanuts comic strip where Snoopy's bird friend Woodstock is finally named.

Recently the 1970 July 4th. Daisy Hill Puppy Farm speech/riot arc was rerun (last rerun in 2004), even Linus reading the newspaper article about war dogs in Vietman survived this 1970 2.0 Peanuts rerun arc!

D Heine

Sep 24, 2017, 11:31:17 AM9/24/17
Belated: A week ago we saw the 1970 Peanuts mini arc where Snoopy wears a copper bracelet to cure his arthritis and unexpectedly going to the vet with Charlie Brown.

D Heine

Dec 16, 2017, 2:52:50 PM12/16/17
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Remember December 16, 1970 was the 200th. birthday/BICENTENNIAL of Ludwig Van Beethoven (Schroeder's idol) and Peanuts did a strip to honor this occassion? That strip is rerun today on December 16, 2017 (Beethoven would have been 237 years old today) as part of Peanuts 1970 rerun cycle 2.0 (also was rerun December 16, 2004 for A papers).

In a few weeks as 2017 ends and 2018 begins we should start seeing 1971 Peanuts strips rerun again - last rerun in A papers in 2003).

D Heine

Dec 31, 2017, 7:06:44 PM12/31/17
Well, as 2017 closes and 2018 arrives: Classic Peanuts has now entered 1971 rerun cycle 2.0. One thing to look for this Summer 2018: The debut of Marcie a/k/a the DORKY KID.

D Heine

Mar 29, 2018, 3:11:28 PM3/29/18
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 6:06:44 PM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> Well, as 2017 closes and 2018 arrives: Classic Peanuts has now entered 1971 rerun cycle 2.0. One thing to look for this Summer 2018: The debut of Marcie a/k/a the DORKY KID.

Today for March 29, 2018 in Peanuts rerun cycle 2.0: We see a strip that was skipped in favor of a 1975 Peanuts strip in the first 1971 Peanuts rerun cycle in 2003: The March 1971 strip where Charlie Brown talks that in 13 years he will reach the age of 21 and be in manhood...
Linus: "This is 1971, figure out what year that will be.."
Charlie Brown: "1984".

pete...@gmail.com

Mar 29, 2018, 5:43:29 PM3/29/18
...and soon after that, he's all grown up:

http://www.writeups.org/wp-content/uploads/Weapon-Brown-Death-Ray-Comics-h.jpg
(SFW)

pt

D Heine

May 1, 2018, 7:11:33 AM5/1/18
On Sunday, December 31, 2017 at 6:06:44 PM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
> Well, as 2017 closes and 2018 arrives: Classic Peanuts has now entered 1971 rerun cycle 2.0. One thing to look for this Summer 2018: The debut of Marcie a/k/a the DORKY KID.

This week's 4/30/2018-5/5/2018 Peanuts 1971 cycle 2.0 strips runs the week long arc where Sally goes on a field trip to an art museum. But when it was last rerun in 2003, the Saturday strip where Sally writes her essay about the field trip was replaced by a 1975 Peanuts strip for no reason why. What could happen at the end of this 2018 week?

D Heine

May 5, 2018, 8:20:15 AM5/5/18
FINALLY! The 1971 Peanuts strip where Sally writes her art museum report where she says "The girls got to wear slacks" that was originally replaced in the original 1971 Peanuts rerun cycle in 2003 by a 1975 strip finally gets rerun today in newspapers and gocomics.com!

D Heine

May 19, 2018, 4:47:28 PM5/19/18
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Last week newspapers and gocomics.com ran on May 9, 2018 the 1971 Peanuts strip where Linus mentions Bob Dylan would turn 30 years old. I don't think that was in the original 2003 1971 Peanuts rerun cycle.

D Heine

Jun 6, 2018, 2:54:27 PM6/6/18
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

6/6/2018: For the 5th. June 6 year in a row the 1996 Peanuts D-Day ("June 6, 1944 - To Remember" strip is rerun again!

D Heine

Jun 7, 2018, 8:04:24 AM6/7/18
1971 cycle 2.0 Peanuts strips resumed today on June 7, 2018, guess the 1996 D-Day related Peanuts strip replaced the last strip of the 1971 Charlie Brown/Peppermint Patty week and a 1/2 carnival arc. (That last strip in the arc did get rerun originally in 2003!)

D Heine

Jul 17, 2018, 3:50:33 PM7/17/18
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

Today's July 17, 2018 Peanuts 1971 cycle 2.0 comic strip rerun features the first true appearance of Marcie, originally called at Summer camp "the dorky kid.

D Heine

Oct 10, 2018, 9:47:10 PM10/10/18
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

For today's October 10, 2018 Peanuts 1971 cycle 2.0 strip rerun: The strip that starts "Pssst...sir, may I come in" was originally skipped in 2003 thanks to running the 1978 Peanuts/Snoopy Cristo related strip. And today that skipped 1971 strip sees the light of day!

D Heine

Mar 18, 2019, 7:43:47 AM3/18/19
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

The Peanuts March 1972 "If Lucy hits a home run, Schroeder will give her a kiss" strips which were skipped in favor of 1975 Peanuts strips back in the original 1972 Peanuts rerun cycle in 2002 were finally rerun on March 13-16, 2019!

Mopoleum

Mar 19, 2019, 10:07:58 PM3/19/19
Why do Peanuts reruns skip around and omit some strips? I realize a few are
probably pretty obscure to modern readers, but most anthologies I've seen
don't have many dated strips.

D Heine

May 29, 2019, 7:56:47 AM5/29/19
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

The last few weeks we saw the May 1972 arc where Lucy throws Linus out of the house and Linus temporary has to stay with Joe Cool at the campus dorm, until the birth of Linus and Lucy's new baby brother happens. The May 29, 2019 Peanuts May 1972 strip mentions the name for the first time - Rerun. Of course Rerun wouldn't be seen until a year later in 1973.

Mopoleum

May 29, 2019, 10:51:03 AM5/29/19
I'm glad to see these. Was there a better 1970s addition to Peanuts than
Rerun?

The Rerun strips at the end of the run of Peanuts were tremendous and a
great return to form for Schulz.

D Heine

Jun 6, 2019, 8:49:29 AM6/6/19
On Wednesday, May 29, 2019 at 9:51:03 AM UTC-5, Mopoleum wrote:
For June 6, 2019 - The 75th. anniversary of D-Day: The June 6, 1996 Peanuts D-Day related strip ("June 6, 1944 - To remember") is rerun for the 6th. year in a row, interrupting the already started 1972 arc where Charlie Brown and Linus go to Summer Camp featuring the return of Marcie ("The dorky kid").

D Heine

Jun 7, 2019, 9:49:20 AM6/7/19
Because of the 1996 D-Day strip the fourth strip in the 1972 Peanuts Summer Camp arc where Marcie meets Peppermint Patty at the Summer Camp cafeteria is skipped (that strip did get rerun in the 2002 Peanuts 1972 rerun cycle).

D Heine

Sep 4, 2019, 6:53:12 AM9/4/19
Last week on August 30, 2019, a 1972 Peanuts football strip where Snoopy mentions Howard Cossell originally skipped in the 2002 rerun cycle for a 1975 Peanuts strip, was finally rerun in newspapers and gocomics.com!

D Heine

Sep 29, 2019, 7:35:02 AM9/29/19
On Monday, June 29, 2015 at 6:40:51 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This is a thread regarding the status of Classic Peanuts reruns in newspapers and gocomics.com

BOO! HISS! For today's September 29, 2019 Peanuts Sunday strip rerun for newspapers and gocomics.com instead of running the originally from October 1, 1972 (That features Snoopy writing a novel about Joe Eskimo which did get rerun in the first Peanuts 1972 rerun cylce back in 2002) Peanuts Sunday comic strip the newspapers still carrying the Peanuts reruns as well as gocomics.com are rerunning the circa September-October 1966 Peanuts Sunday comic strip that shows Snoopy as the World War I Flying Ace walking around and at the end says "It is a long way to Tipperary!" that was previously rerun in 2013! What could be the reason for this? Maybe that Joe Eskimo related 1972 Peanuts comic strip might be POLITICALLY INCORRECT for today's world? Excluding the 1996 Peanuts D-Day strip rerun many times every June 6, this is the first time in a long time the Peanuts rerun cycle strips ran an earlier year strip (be glad it's not late 1950's or early 1960's this time) replacing a not suited for the original year and/or possibly POLITICALLY INCORRECT Peanuts strip of the past.

D Heine

Sep 29, 2019, 7:45:26 AM9/29/19
Well, there was another Joe Eskimo strip from 1972 2 weeks later after the first one, could that also get snubbed out/replaced 2 weeks from today in the Sunday 1972 Peanuts rerun cycle as well?

D Heine

Sep 30, 2019, 7:11:12 AM9/30/19
9/30/2019 - We resume 1972 Peanuts cycle 2.0 today in dailies with Charlie Brown and Sally dealing with Introduction to Math - "How do you do, math?"
It is loading more messages.