Pickles occassional daily rerun watch

D Heine

Oct 28, 2019, 7:32:40 AM10/28/19
This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.

Starting things off: Today's October 28, 2019 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2001.

D Heine

Oct 31, 2019, 4:23:06 PM10/31/19
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.
>
> Starting things off: Today's October 28, 2019 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2001.

The October 31, 2019 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from Halloween 1997.

D Heine

Nov 9, 2019, 7:08:09 AM11/9/19
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.

Well, this week's November 4-9, 2019 Pickles strips were all new and not one rerun that week.

D Heine

Nov 11, 2019, 7:16:47 AM11/11/19
The November 11, 2019 Pickles strip is a rerun from 2002, don't know if Pickles will be all reruns this week or not.

D Heine

Nov 12, 2019, 8:39:32 PM11/12/19
Found out: Pickles is in 2002 reruns all week this week.

D Heine

Nov 13, 2019, 1:38:50 PM11/13/19
Well, it isn't reruns again on November 13, 2019 - Pickles is back to fresh 2019 strips today after 2 days in a row of 2002 Pickles reruns.

D Heine

Nov 14, 2019, 3:18:28 PM11/14/19
November 14, 2019 - Pickles today is a rerun again from 2002.

D Heine

Nov 15, 2019, 8:11:16 AM11/15/19
November 15, 2019 - For the second day in a row and the fourth time this week Pickles once again in a 2002 rerun.

D Heine

Nov 16, 2019, 7:58:13 AM11/16/19
November 16, 2019 - For the third day in a row Pickles is another 2002 rerun. That makes it 5 out of 6 days this week the Pickles comic strip has been reruns with only 1 new 2019 Pickles strip.

D Heine

Nov 16, 2019, 1:55:33 PM11/16/19
Correction: Today's Pickles rerun for November 16, 2019 is from 2000, not 2002.

D Heine

Nov 23, 2019, 7:04:45 AM11/23/19
On Saturday, November 9, 2019 at 6:08:09 AM UTC-6, D Heine wrote:
This week's November 18-23, 2019 Pickles strips were all new and not rerun strips.

D Heine

Nov 30, 2019, 3:17:45 PM11/30/19
Two straight weeks of new Pickles daily strips. Might have to cease this thread soon...

D Heine

Mar 4, 2020, 9:47:19 PM3/4/20
Actually, today's March 4, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2004. - Looks like the off and on Pickles first run/rerun daily mode is back, not just on Saturdays.

D Heine

Mar 5, 2020, 6:56:22 AM3/5/20
For the second day in a row on March 5, 2020: Daily Pickles is a rerun again from 2004.

D Heine

Mar 9, 2020, 10:44:27 AM3/9/20
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.

Today's March 9, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2004.

D Heine

Mar 21, 2020, 8:07:04 AM3/21/20
Rumor has it Pickles is back to Saturday reruns, today's March 21, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2006.

D Heine

Mar 26, 2020, 7:44:31 AM3/26/20
Today's (and I guess tomorrow's) Pickles strip for March 26, 2020 is a rerun from 2010.

D Heine

Mar 28, 2020, 7:32:48 AM3/28/20
So this March 23-28, 2020 week the last 3 days (March 26-28, 2020) this week had Pickles reruns from 2010 in a sequence involving a vaccum cleaner.

D Heine

Apr 5, 2020, 9:57:13 AM4/5/20
Today's April 5, 2020 Pickles Sunday comic strip is a rerun from 2009.

D Heine

Apr 17, 2020, 7:50:16 AM4/17/20
Today's Friday, April 17, 2020 Pickles comic strip (daily) is a rerun from 2005.

D Heine

May 3, 2020, 7:33:11 AM5/3/20
Today's Sunday, May 3, 2020 Pickles Sunday comic strip is a rerun from 2002.

D Heine

May 3, 2020, 7:33:59 AM5/3/20
The day before - May 2, 2020 - was the regular Saturday Pickles rerun strip (this time from 1999).

D Heine

May 24, 2020, 7:16:31 AM5/24/20
Today's Sunday, May 24, 2020 Pickles Sunday comic strip is a rerun from 2011.

D Heine

May 28, 2020, 7:46:59 AM5/28/20
Today for May 28, 2020 daily pickles the strip is a 1994 daily rerun.

D Heine

Jun 3, 2020, 7:52:26 AM6/3/20
Today for June 3, 2020 the daily Pickles strip is a daily rerun from 2006.

D Heine

Jun 6, 2020, 7:16:28 AM6/6/20
And for the usual Saturday Pickles rerun on June 6, 2020 today it is a rerun from 2009.

D Heine

Jun 10, 2020, 8:54:28 AM6/10/20
Today's Pickles daily comic strip for June 10, 2020 is a rerun from 2006.

D Heine

Jun 11, 2020, 7:25:44 AM6/11/20
For the second day in a row, the daily Pickles comic strip for June 11, 2020 is another 2006 rerun.

D Heine

Jun 17, 2020, 7:02:32 AM6/17/20
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, D Heine wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.
>
> Today's June 17, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2006.

Darryl Heine

Jun 21, 2020, 7:28:09 AM6/21/20
Today's Sunday, June 21, 2020 Pickles comic strip is a rerun from 2008.

Darryl Heine

Jun 26, 2020, 8:05:07 AM6/26/20
Today's Pickles daily comic for June 26, 2020 is a rerun from 2002.

Jimmy Delach

Jun 30, 2020, 4:19:48 PM6/30/20
BTW due to the error in the Tampa Bay Times e-edition this morning, in place of Darryl, I'll say Tomorrow's (7/1) strip is a repeat from 2004.

Darryl Heine

Jul 6, 2020, 7:21:01 AM7/6/20
On Tuesday, June 30, 2020 at 3:19:48 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> BTW due to the error in the Tampa Bay Times e-edition this morning, in place of Darryl, I'll say Tomorrow's (7/1) strip is a repeat from 2004.

Today's June 6, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2009.

Darryl Heine

Jul 9, 2020, 6:49:33 AM7/9/20
I meant July 6, not June 6!

Also, today's July 9, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2008.

Darryl Heine

Jul 15, 2020, 6:49:17 AM7/15/20
Today's July 15, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2007.

Darryl Heine

Jul 16, 2020, 6:48:29 AM7/16/20
July 16, 2020: A Pickles 2007 rerun for the second day in a row.

Darryl Heine

Jul 17, 2020, 7:13:43 AM7/17/20
For the last 3 Pickles rerun strips, this is an arc dealing with Opal's broken arm from 2009, not 2007 as it continues on July 17, 2020.

Darryl Heine

Jul 19, 2020, 6:56:26 AM7/19/20
Today's Sunday July 19, 2020 Pickles strip is a rerun from 2009.

Darryl H

Jul 24, 2020, 7:18:42 AM7/24/20
Today's daily Pickles July 24, 2020 strip is a rerun from 2009.

Darryl H

Jul 28, 2020, 6:52:04 AM7/28/20
Today's daily Pickles July 28, 2020 strip is a rerun from 2004.

Darryl H

Aug 6, 2020, 6:44:26 AM8/6/20
Today's daily Pickles August 6, 2020 strip is a rerun from 2000.

Jimmy Delach

Aug 13, 2020, 7:28:48 PM8/13/20
The August 12th comic strip was a repeat from 2000.

Jimmy Delach

Aug 16, 2020, 8:39:59 AM8/16/20
The August 16th comic strip was a rerun from 2012.

Darryl H

Aug 21, 2020, 8:07:45 AM8/21/20
On Sunday, August 16, 2020 at 7:39:59 AM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> The August 16th comic strip was a rerun from 2012.

Today's August 21, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2001.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2020, 9:38:43 AM8/25/20
The 8/25 Pickles strip is a rerun from 2000.

Darryl H

Aug 26, 2020, 7:01:07 AM8/26/20
On Tuesday, August 25, 2020 at 8:38:43 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> The 8/25 Pickles strip is a rerun from 2000.
And today - 8/26/2020 the Pickles strip is another 2000 rerun.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Sep 4, 2020, 8:54:16 AM9/4/20
The 9/4 Pickles strip is a repeat from 2000.

Darryl H

Sep 7, 2020, 7:34:07 AM9/7/20
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.

Today's September 7, 2020 (Labor Day 2020) Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2002.

Darryl H

Sep 13, 2020, 7:37:27 AM9/13/20
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.
>
> Starting things off: Today's October 28, 2019 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2001.

Today's Sunday, September 13, 2020 Pickles Sunday comic strip is a rerun from 2012.

Darryl H

Sep 14, 2020, 7:34:49 AM9/14/20
Today's September 14, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2001.

D.D.Degg

Sep 14, 2020, 9:23:24 AM9/14/20
Darryl H wrote:

> Today's September 14, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2001.

Saturday, September 12, 2020, was a repeat of 2001
when Brian Crane won the Divisional Reuben Award
for Best Newspaper Comic Strip of the Year.
https://www.nationalcartoonists.com/member/brian-crane/

Darryl H

Sep 15, 2020, 6:53:06 AM9/15/20
For the 3rd. weekday in a row, Pickles is in a rerun mode with today's September 15, 2020 strip a rerun from 2000.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Sep 15, 2020, 10:58:24 AM9/15/20
Brian Crane is likely on vacation this week.

Darryl H

Sep 17, 2020, 6:56:25 AM9/17/20
On Tuesday, September 15, 2020 at 9:58:24 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Brian Crane is likely on vacation this week.

After 4 straight daily rerun Pickles strips, Pickles returned to new strips on September 17, 2020.

Darryl H

Sep 24, 2020, 6:33:15 AM9/24/20
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.

Today's daily Pickles comic strip for September 24, 2020 is a rerun from 2008.

Darryl H

Oct 1, 2020, 6:49:52 AM10/1/20
Today's October 1, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2006.

Darryl H

Oct 9, 2020, 6:31:53 AM10/9/20
Today's October 9, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2009.

Darryl H

Oct 10, 2020, 6:44:46 AM10/10/20
For the second day in a row on October 10, 2020 the Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun - this time a 2001 daily strip.

Darryl H

Oct 11, 2020, 7:50:07 AM10/11/20
For the third day in a row on October 11, 2020 - Today's Sunday Pickles comic strip is a rerun from 2016.

Darryl H

Oct 17, 2020, 7:32:51 AM10/17/20
Today's daily Pickles comic strip for October 17, 2020 is a rerun from 2002.

Darryl H

Oct 21, 2020, 6:42:06 AM10/21/20
Today's daily Pickles comic strip for October 21, 2020 is a rerun from 2014.

Darryl H

Oct 22, 2020, 6:39:21 AM10/22/20
For the second day in a row on October 22, 2020 - the Pickles daily strip is a 2014 rerun.

Darryl H

Oct 26, 2020, 8:17:46 AM10/26/20
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.

Today's October 26, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2008.

Darryl H

Nov 5, 2020, 7:49:46 AM11/5/20
Today's November 5, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2006.

Darryl H

Nov 6, 2020, 7:44:10 AM11/6/20
For the second day in a row the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun. Today's strip from November 6, 2020 is a rerun from 2010 this time.

Darryl H

Nov 7, 2020, 7:10:53 AM11/7/20
For the thrid day in a row on November 7, 2020 the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun - today it is a rerun from 2011.

Darryl H

Nov 11, 2020, 6:49:41 AM11/11/20
Today's daily Pickles comic strip on Veteran's Day 2020 (November 11, 2020) is a rerun from 2007.

Darryl H

Nov 15, 2020, 8:12:17 AM11/15/20
Today's Sunday Pickles comic strip on November 15, 2020 is a Sunday rerun from 2012.

Darryl H

Nov 16, 2020, 8:33:13 AM11/16/20
For the second day in a row we have a Pickles rerun, today on November 16, 2020 the Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2008.

Darryl H

Nov 21, 2020, 7:13:50 AM11/21/20
On Monday, October 28, 2019 at 6:32:40 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
> This thread, seperate from the usual comic strip rerun weeks thread, is for the dates for when the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun for a day since the daily Pickles strip went to a mix of daily first run/selected one or two days a week rerun strip mode as of mid September 2019.

Today's November 21, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2005.

Darryl H

Nov 23, 2020, 7:50:04 AM11/23/20
Today's November 23, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2008.

Darryl H

Nov 28, 2020, 7:10:08 AM11/28/20
Today's November 28, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2011.

Darryl H

Nov 30, 2020, 9:47:51 AM11/30/20
Today's November 30, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2006.

Darryl H

Dec 2, 2020, 8:42:00 AM12/2/20
Today's December 2, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip (it has a Christmas theme this time) is a rerun from 2008.

Darryl H

Dec 8, 2020, 7:03:56 AM12/8/20
Today's December 8, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2006.

Darryl H

Dec 9, 2020, 7:49:52 AM12/9/20
For the second day in a row, the daily Pickles comic strip is a rerun, today on December 9, 2020 it is a rerun from 2004.

Darryl H

Dec 13, 2020, 7:04:47 AM12/13/20
Today's December 13, 2020 Pickles Sunday strip is a rerun from 2013.

Darryl H

Dec 15, 2020, 7:41:55 AM12/15/20
Today's December 15, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from 2006.

Darryl H

Dec 18, 2020, 7:01:36 AM12/18/20
Today's December 18, 2020 Pickles daily strip is a rerun from - hence the date - December 18, 20013.

Darryl H

Dec 19, 2020, 7:17:57 AM12/19/20
For the second day in a row on December 19, 2020, the Pickles daily comic strip is a 2003 rerun.
Message has been deleted

Darryl H

Dec 21, 2020, 7:40:21 AM12/21/20
Today's December 21, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2005.
Message has been deleted

Darryl H

Dec 25, 2020, 8:28:36 AM12/25/20
Today's December 25, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip for Christmas Day 2020 is a rerun from Christmas Day December 25, 2007.

Darryl H

Dec 27, 2020, 7:21:44 AM12/27/20
Today's December 27, 2020 Pickles Sunday comic strip is a rerun from December 2007.

Brian Henke

Dec 27, 2020, 12:21:06 PM12/27/20
Speaking of Pickles, the E-----r announced today that they would start running Pickles today in the Fun section. It should have read "Hello Again, Pickles" as they had carried it on Saturdays as part of an Aging section in 1990 and 1991. As befitting the paper's antics, the columnist, Alice Hornbaker, left/was fired/whatever, and Aging - and Pickles - were gone (Hornbaker was in the Post afterwards).

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Dec 27, 2020, 3:17:26 PM12/27/20

> Speaking of Pickles, the E-----r announced today that they would start running Pickles today in the Fun section. It should have read "Hello Again, Pickles" as they had carried it on Saturdays as part of an Aging section in 1990 and 1991. As befitting the paper's antics, the columnist, Alice Hornbaker, left/was fired/whatever, and Aging - and Pickles - were gone (Hornbaker was in the Post afterwards).

And the new "Nancy" was dropped to make room for Pickles on Sundays (I wish they'd get rid of endless rerun "Get Fuzzy" instead)

Darryl H

Dec 28, 2020, 7:14:55 AM12/28/20
> ---------
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
>
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

And today's December 28, 2020 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2009.

If Brian Crane keeps doing the few times a week rerun Pickles strips mixed in with first run strips in 2021, will he decide to retire and end the strip that 2021 year? Why would a newspaper add this when it is in this mode?

Darryl H

Dec 29, 2020, 7:04:52 AM12/29/20
For the 3rd. day in a row, the Pickles comic strip is a rerun, today's December 29, 2020 Pickles daily strip is from 2007.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2020, 8:28:52 AM12/29/20

> For the 3rd. day in a row, the Pickles comic strip is a rerun, today's December 29, 2020 Pickles daily strip is from 2007.

Maybe Brian Crane is taking a vacation this week (it's probably been a while since he took one).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Dec 29, 2020, 8:43:44 AM12/29/20
On Tuesday, December 29, 2020 at 8:28:52 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > For the 3rd. day in a row, the Pickles comic strip is a rerun, today's December 29, 2020 Pickles daily strip is from 2007.
> Maybe Brian Crane is taking a vacation this week (it's probably been a while since he took one).

From looking at the Archives, Brian's last vacation week from Pickles was the week of August 12, 2019 (I went on vacation that same week).

Darryl H

Dec 30, 2020, 10:25:29 AM12/30/20
It's now 4 days in a row for Pickles reruns since today we got another 2007 daily strip rerun.

Darryl H

Dec 31, 2020, 7:28:32 AM12/31/20
I guess the daily Pickles strip is in 2007 reruns daily for this week...

jdelac...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2020, 10:17:56 AM12/31/20

> I guess the daily Pickles strip is in 2007 reruns daily for this week...

I told you Brian is on vacation. He hasn't taken a vacation since August 2019. I'm sure Pickles will be back to new strips next week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 1, 2021, 11:28:05 PM1/1/21
Actually, we're back to new Pickles strips as of January 1, 2021 (and the first new strip in it's Cincinnati E------r run).

Darryl H

Jan 6, 2021, 7:34:08 AM1/6/21
On Friday, January 1, 2021 at 10:28:05 PM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> Actually, we're back to new Pickles strips as of January 1, 2021 (and the first new strip in it's Cincinnati E------r run).

Today's Pickles daily comic strip for January 6, 2021 is a rerun from 2007.

Darryl H

Jan 7, 2021, 8:08:10 AM1/7/21
For the second day in a row, today's Pickles daily comic strip for January 7, 2021 is also a 2007 rerun.

Darryl H

Jan 14, 2021, 6:58:41 AM1/14/21
On Wednesday, January 6, 2021 at 6:34:08 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> On Friday, January 1, 2021 at 10:28:05 PM UTC-6, wrote:
> > Actually, we're back to new Pickles strips as of January 1, 2021 (and the first new strip in it's Cincinnati E------r run).
> Today's Pickles daily comic strip for January 6, 2021 is a rerun from 2007.

Today's January 14, 2021 Pickles daily comic strip is another 2007 rerun.

Darryl H

Jan 15, 2021, 7:00:54 AM1/15/21
For the second day in a row, today's January 14, 2021 Pickles daily comic strip is a rerun from 2007.

Darryl H

Jan 15, 2021, 8:54:47 AM1/15/21
I meant January 15, 2021 for today, not January 14, 2021!
It is loading more messages.