Family Circus recycling - 2021 thread

Darryl H

Dec 31, 2020, 7:29:27 AM12/31/20
This is a placeholder for recycled Family Circus art strips for the 2021 year.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 2, 2021, 12:15:06 AMJan 2
Today we have our first known Recycled FC of 2021. Today's is from January 2, 1993 (exactly 28 years ago Today!)

The original caption was...

Billy:
"Here comes some mail from last year!"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/66655203/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2021, 12:07:20 AMJan 4
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 11, 1982.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/66856711/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 4, 2021, 12:48:57 AMJan 4
The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) had a banner headline that happened for the first time the previous day and may never happen again in my lifetime: "Super Bowl, here come Bengals." The Bengals got to Super Bowl XVI by defeating the San Diego Chargers in the AFC Championship game in wind chills of 59 degrees BELOW ZERO. The Post was forecasting temperatures near freezing on Friday (four days later). If you were a woman, you can brave the cold and go to Elaine Powers (whatever happened to that?) for a 2 for 1 sale. $4.15 a month! In the Post comics, Peppermint Patty was upset that Marcie was chosen to be school patrol guard instead of her.

. (BTW, what was the high temperature in Tampa that day?)

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 5, 2021, 12:39:08 AMJan 5

> . (BTW, what was the high temperature in Tampa that day?)

According to Weather Underground, the high that day was 46 degrees.

Anyway, Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 12, 1982.

Once again, the art and caption were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/66943393/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 5, 2021, 7:28:46 AMJan 5
The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) devoted coverage to Super Bowl XVI. Bengals punter-wide receiver Pat McInally began a diary about how he was approaching the game. Later, he would do a column that would be in the other paper. On top of the cold temperatures, four more inches of show were forecast. In the Post comics, Wee Pals had Nipper selling hot chocolate (a year later, it would be gone from here) and Andy Capp was playing soccer (he had a cigarette in his mouth - I can't imagine a Premier League player doing so today).

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----------

Judge Parker, One big Happy, comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 6, 2021, 12:15:06 AMJan 6
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 16, 1987.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67023525/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 6, 2021, 2:54:40 AMJan 6
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) announced that in the following day's paper, there would be a story on the 50th anniversary of the Ohio River flood that saw the highest crest reported here - 79.99 feet. The paper featured Vanna White (who would have ever thought she would still be at the Wheel of Fortune puzzle board 34 years later?) and a review of the movie Platoon (which would win the Best Picture Oscar two months later). In the Post comics, Calvin called Susie "you dumb noodleloaf" and Charlie Brown was at the eye doctor, all because he winked at the little red headed girl.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 8, 2021, 12:18:50 AMJan 8
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 15, 1987.

Thel's hair was tweaked (and interestingly no one is wearing a mask). The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67152709/the-tampa-tribune/

Darryl H

Jan 8, 2021, 7:06:10 AMJan 8
And it features in both original and recycled the old school US MAIL logo rather than the current USPS logo.

Brian Henke

Jan 8, 2021, 7:59:11 AMJan 8
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told about a boy going to school for the first time. That boy: Prince William. Dale Stevens wrote about Platoon, the eventual Best Picture winner at the Academy Awards. Calvin and Hobbes weren''t there that day, but Susie was.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2021, 12:14:06 AMJan 9
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 25, 1999.

The art and caption are similar.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67221267/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 9, 2021, 12:37:30 AMJan 9
The Cincinnati Post (50 cents) told us about Britney Spears. She was described as " a peach" by a spokesperson for her record label. The following Saturday, UC, Xavier and Kentucky were all playing college basketball at home. The Peanuts gang was going on a field trip to an art museum.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-------

Brian Henke

Jan 11, 2021, 6:49:24 PMJan 11
Today's FC recycled art from February 20, 1999, when it was in...you know.

In addition, the caption was word for word from June 3....2015, except the word "says" was in place of the "said" in the original. It was spoken by Dolly then.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2021, 12:43:52 AMJan 12

> Today's FC recycled art from February 20, 1999, when it was in...you know.
>
> In addition, the caption was word for word from June 3....2015, except the word "says" was in place of the "said" in the original. It was spoken by Dolly then.

I checked February 20, 1999 and it was a different FC strip. You sure about that?

And assuming Jeffy again uses a twice-recycled gag, it still infuriates me that the Tampa Bay Times got rid of "Dennis The Menace" and "Marmaduke" (the latter wound up in their special online comics page) but kept "Family Circus" (but at least they still have "Peanuts" unlike a certain Wenatchee newspaper so I can't complain too much).

As for Today's Recycled FC, it takes us back to January 14, 1982 (and I assume this was recycled only once).

The original caption was...

Jeffy:
"Mommy, tell Kittycat to turn off her claws!"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67451738/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 12, 2021, 8:32:56 AMJan 12
The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) featured on Page 1 the story of Air Florida Flight 90 crashing into the Potomac River, killing 78 people. Super Bowl XVI was ten days away, and the Post ran a story about Anthony Muňoz. It was balmy compared to four days earlier...with a high of 24 degrees.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

-----------

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2021, 3:35:07 PMJan 12
Going back to Monday, the recycled art was from February 4, 1999

The original caption was...

Jeffy:
"Mommy, where are the eyes you said you have to have back here?"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67486254/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2021, 12:10:17 AMJan 13
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to December 30, 1981.

The original caption was...

Billy:
"When I snap my fingers it only makes a blank sound."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67523081/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 13, 2021, 6:58:28 AMJan 13
The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) led off with a story about how Reagan was going to punish the Soviet Union for its handling of the situation in Poland. (At least he didn't encourage his supporters to riot.) Temperatures were going to be in the 40s for the Bengals playoff game on Sunday (a week later, it was the Freezer Bowl). On TV, CBS aired a movie called Senior Trip about high schoolers going to New York City with that hot teen star, Mickey Rooney! In Peanuts, Linus told Snoopy that the Downhill Supper Dish was not a Winter Olympic sport.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 14, 2021, 12:15:27 AMJan 14
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 1, 1993.

The original caption was...

Dolly:
"Don't let me fall asleep before she wakes up."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67593068/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 15, 2021, 12:10:13 AMJan 15
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to December 31, 1981.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67664239/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 15, 2021, 12:49:38 AMJan 15
With 26 years to go, The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) reported on the deaths of four children in a house fire in Walnut Hills. They would publish a special section on the Bengals the following day. Hey, Arthur was in its 24th week in Tri-State theaters! Avoid New Year's Eve parties with the (ex-Astro) Bluebonnet Bowl from Houston on Channel 5 between Michigan and UCLA!

Cincy...@yahoo.com

========

Judge Pasrker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in CIncinnati you can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2021, 12:24:55 AMJan 16
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 6, 1982.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67739318/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 16, 2021, 4:17:47 AMJan 16
The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) told us that temperatures would be in the 20s for the Bengals AFC Championship game against San Diego Sunday (that didn't turn out to be the case). UC basketball took on Dayton on Channel 19. In the Post comics, Marcie told "sir" that she was sleeping in class.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

----------

Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read

- Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 18, 2021, 12:07:30 AMJan 18
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1982.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67908286/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 18, 2021, 12:58:06 AMJan 18
The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) dedicated six pages to the Freezer Bowl. Temperatures that day were balmy in comparison to the following day - 15 to 20 degrees. The Post ran a comics poll - even though Sally Forth had been in the paper for a week! Film Critic Dale Stevens wrote about the best movies of 1981. He named Warren Beatty's Reds his pick for the Best Picture Oscar (it didn't win). In the comics, Peppermint Patty told Charlie Brown about Marcie being a "patrol person."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Darryl H

Jan 18, 2021, 7:15:45 AMJan 18
On Sunday, January 17, 2021 at 11:58:06 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Monday, January 18, 2021 at 12:07:30 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 9, 1982.
> > Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67908286/the-tampa-times/
>

> The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) dedicated six pages to the Freezer Bowl. Temperatures that day were balmy in comparison to the following day - 15 to 20 degrees. The Post ran a comics poll - even though Sally Forth had been in the paper for a week! Film Critic Dale Stevens wrote about the best movies of 1981. He named Warren Beatty's Reds his pick for the Best Picture Oscar (it didn't win). In the comics, Peppermint Patty told Charlie Brown about Marcie being a "patrol person."
>

> -------
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
>

> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

Besides Sally Forth, and maybe Peanuts and Family Circus, what comic strips according to the Cincinnatti Post were running in the paper listed in the comics poll at the January 1982 time?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2021, 12:28:42 AMJan 19
Somebody needs to check out the Cincinnati Post Comic Strip Index for 1982 (BTW Brian I don't see the 2006 and 2007 lineups unlike the other years you've referenced to)

As for Recycled FC, Today's was from November 29, 1978.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The captions were exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/67996334/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 19, 2021, 5:58:34 AMJan 19
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) had a story about Reverend Jim Jones' days as a preacher in Elmwood Place. Yes, the guy who led 900 of his followers to their deaths preached here. Future Post "columnist" Pope John Paul II was depicted holding a child. Dorothy Hamill and the Ice Capades were at the Riverfront Coliseum!

Cincy...@yahoo.com

---------

Darryl H

Jan 19, 2021, 7:09:50 AMJan 19
There was another FC Thel/Billy math similarity back in 1978-1979 but it didn't dealt with candy:

Thel: "If you had two apples and I gave you five more..."
Billy: "Aren't apples sold by the pound?"

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Jan 19, 2021, 8:24:16 AMJan 19
In article <a9d8f151-e602-4031...@googlegroups.com>,
Which would be clever if the problem being introduced involved buying apples.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 20, 2021, 12:42:09 AMJan 20
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 20, 1993 (exactly 28 years ago Today!)

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was originally

Dolly:
"Come and watch, Billy! The president is being sworn at."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68072425/the-tampa-tribune/
Message has been deleted

Darryl H

Jan 20, 2021, 7:10:12 AMJan 20
And the TV was tweaked as well.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2021, 12:15:45 AMJan 21
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 21, 1993 (exactly 28 years ago Today!)

The caption was the same save for the first name of the newly-sworn-in First Lady.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68138315/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Jan 21, 2021, 2:18:56 AMJan 21
In 1993, that name was for a pro wrestler.

The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) had Jeff Stahler covering the Clinton inauguration. He said he had looked honest, long before he said "I did not have sex with that woman." Clinton played the sax at the inaugural balls. Pete Rose said he was gambling. Again. Calvin told Hobbes that his family is dysfunctional. Hobbes said, "One of us needs to stik his head in a bucket of ice water."

Cincy...@yahoo.com

Darryl H

Jan 21, 2021, 8:01:57 AMJan 21
The TV was tweaked as well.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 22, 2021, 12:13:26 AMJan 22
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 27, 1993.

The original caption was...

Jeffy:
"Y'know, I think we're gonna wind up in our room over this one."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68213114/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 23, 2021, 12:08:25 AMJan 23
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 14, 1999.

The original caption was...

Billy:
"There wasn't enough snow for a whole snowman."

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68287219/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2021, 12:12:28 AMJan 24
Time for my first Sunday version of Recycled FC for 2021. Today's was recycled from January 17, 1971. Thel's hair was tweaked and PJ's mouth was open in the original (because he said "Lick 'poon?").

Word balloons that were in the original version...

"Can I stir something up?"

"I get to lick the icing bowl! I said it first!"

"Why are you reading it, Mommy? Didn't you learn it by heart?"

"I felt the oven and it has a high fever!"

"Was that a spoonful of medicine you put in there?" (Guessing lazy Jeffy didn't think nobody would get the Mary Poppins reference)

"Did Grandma teach you to bake or is that what you learned in college?"

"Can we taste it yet?"

"The only thing Dolly makes that's any good are mud pies."

And one word balloon was altered:

"That's not the way the Gallopin' Gourmet does it on TV" changed to "That's not the way Gordon Ramsay would do it on 'Masterchef'!"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68324364/tampa-bay-times/

Darryl H

Jan 24, 2021, 6:57:25 AMJan 24
At least they kept both "CAN I LICK THE SPOON?" word balloons rather than reducing to just one.

Brian Henke

Jan 24, 2021, 5:18:21 PMJan 24
January 17, 1971 was Super Bowl V. The Baltimore Colts won on a last-second field goal by former Cincinnati kicker Jim O'Brien. As for the Cincinnati Post and Times-Star, it didn't publish that day (it was Sunday of course).

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2021, 12:14:40 AMJan 25
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 23, 1974.

The caption is similar except Dolly says "window" rather than "windows" and for some reason, her eyes were tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68465365/the-tampa-times/

Darryl H

Jan 25, 2021, 9:44:27 AMJan 25
By the way, who is JACK FROSTING? Jack Frost's long lost twin brother?

Brian Henke

Jan 25, 2021, 12:46:18 PMJan 25
The Cincinnati Post (15 cents) said in its Weekender edition told us how people like Henry Kissinger lived an extravagant lifestyle in Washington. The #1 song was The Way We Were by Barbra Streisand. The previous week's #1 had been Sixteen (incorrect title) by Ringo Starr. Pat Harmon wrote about the Super Star contest (it was The Superstars). He thought that soccer's Kyle Rote Jr. would win, and he was depicted with Reggie Jackson and get this...Pete Rose and O.J. Simpson. Jackson had signed a contract with the Oakland A's for the 1974 season worth...$135,000! For the kids out there, The Superstars featured athletes who couldn't play their sports (eg, Rose was unable to do the baseball hitting contest). Ah, the Obstacle Course!. Athletes today can't do the Superstars due to contracts prohibiting them to do anything in the off season. (A clip of O.J.'s appearance is in the Oscar-winning O.J.: Made in America documentary.) One of Entertainment Weekly's 100 greatest movies of all time - Mean Streets - was playing its final weeks at the Skywalk Cinemas. (The Scorsese movie that should have been on that list - Raging Bull.)

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2021, 12:16:42 AMJan 26
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 26, 1971 (exactly 50 years ago Today!)

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68549889/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 26, 2021, 7:24:01 AMJan 26
The Cincinnati Post and Times-Star (15 cents) featured a story on the Xavier Musketeers losing at home to the Miami Redskins in college basketball. The "Papooses" freshmen team beat the Muskies as well. In the comics, Li'l Abner met Peter and Jane Fonda and Snoopy got a letter from Woodstock, who was at worm school. Columnist Si Cornell reported on a hospital that would no longer sell "cigarets".

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2021, 12:06:31 AMJan 27
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 3, 1982.

The original caption was...

Billy:
"Are we out of 'lectricity?"

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68634201/the-tampa-times/

Darryl H

Jan 28, 2021, 7:14:36 AMJan 28
On Thursday, December 31, 2020 at 6:29:27 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for recycled Family Circus art strips for the 2021 year.

Beating Brian and Jimmy to this, but today's January 28, 2021 Family Circus may or may not feature recycled art with a Thel hair tweak but a remade caption from late 1970's or early to mid 1980's: "Jack Sprat was on the Pritikin diet." (Caption tweaked in January 2021 to mention "Keto diet").

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2021, 12:07:41 AMJan 29
Pritikin?!? I didn't even know that was a thing.

Anyway, Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 19, 1982.

Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68803409/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Jan 29, 2021, 12:45:56 AMJan 29
The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) featured four pages on the Bengals being at Super Bowl XVI, which was five days away, in Super Tuesday. Future comic strip writer (and Bengals coach at Super Bowl XXIII) Sam Wyche was depicted in those four pages as being a San Francisco 49ers assistant coach. In the Post comics, Marcie had fallen asleep and Peppermint Patty called her "The Mayor of Zonk City!"

Cincy...@yahoo.com

--------

Darryl H

Jan 29, 2021, 3:57:30 PMJan 29
On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 11:45:56 PM UTC-6, Brian Henke wrote:
> On Friday, January 29, 2021 at 12:07:41 AM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Pritikin?!? I didn't even know that was a thing.
> >
> > Anyway, Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 19, 1982.
> > Thel's hair was tweaked. The caption was exactly the same.
> > https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68803409/the-tampa-times/
>
> The Cincinnati Post (25 cents) featured four pages on the Bengals being at Super Bowl XVI, which was five days away, in Super Tuesday. Future comic strip writer (and Bengals coach at Super Bowl XXIII) Sam Wyche was depicted in those four pages as being a San Francisco 49ers assistant coach. In the Post comics, Marcie had fallen asleep and Peppermint Patty called her "The Mayor of Zonk City!"
>

> --------
>
> Judge Parker, One Big Happy, comics you can read
>
> - Name three things that used to be in Cincinnati you can now find in Atlanta

What comic strip did Sam Wyche write for?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2021, 6:58:13 PMJan 29

> What comic strip did Sam Wyche write for?

"No Huddle". It ran from 1998 until 2000 I think.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2021, 12:28:27 AMJan 30
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 6, 1999. Ah, the Clinton years.

The big difference is everybody is wearing masks (and the word "No" was added in the caption).

This is the first Recycled FC daily with any of the Keanes wearing masks since July 22nd.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68884826/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 31, 2021, 12:48:33 AMJan 31
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 10, 1971. Thel's hair of course was tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/68975996/tampa-bay-times/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2021, 12:11:22 AMFeb 1
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 21, 1982.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/69068272/the-tampa-times/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 3, 2021, 12:07:24 AMFeb 3
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 5, 1993.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/69241538/the-tampa-tribune/

Brian Henke

Feb 3, 2021, 12:48:09 AMFeb 3
The Cincinnati Post (35 cents) told us that unpaid leave for family reasons was William Jefferson Clinton's first major win as President, as the Senate approved it 71-27. The number one movie was the Disney animated version of Aladdin. In the comics Calvin was trying to trade a squid sandwich with Susie, who walked out.

CIncy...@yahoo.com

======

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2021, 1:19:08 AMFeb 4
Today's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to January 27, 1982.

The art and caption are exactly the same.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/69328173/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Feb 4, 2021, 6:43:59 AMFeb 4
I can't do the Cincinnati Post recap, because for the several days it ends in 1969. I notified NewsBank about it.

Here's what happened in Peanuts that day:

https://www.gocomics.com/1982/01/27

Cincy...@yahoo.com

------

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2021, 12:28:39 AMFeb 5
Brian, I believe this is the correct link for Peanuts

https://www.gocomics.com/peanuts/1982/01/27

BTW I wish Newsbank would make the Cincinnati Post archives available to their America's Historical Newspapers archives so I can get a chance to look at them.

Anyway, back to Recycled FC and this time it's from January 14, 1971.

The art is similar and the caption is nearly similar (the original had "tryin'" instead of "trying" in the caption)

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/69404227/the-tampa-times/

Brian Henke

Feb 5, 2021, 4:15:09 AMFeb 5
The Post archives are back at the Public Library's website, so here it goes...

The Cincinnati Post and Times-Star (15 cents) told us that 1970 was a deadly year on Hamilton County roads. 165 people were killed that year. The Cincinnati Royals of the NBA were going to play the LA Lakers in...Toronto. Yes, Toronto. The game wasn't seen back here because Channel 5 aired the Bob Hope Christmas Special, which drew big ratings. In the Post and Times-Star comics, Li'l Abner talked about an offer for "ONE MILLYUN DOLLARS." Jed Clampett - aka Buddy Ebsen - was coming to town to star in a play called Apple of My Eye at the old Shubert Theater.

Cincy...@yahoo.com

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 5, 2021, 9:57:53 AMFeb 5
The Cincinnati Royals of the NBA were going to play the LA Lakers in...Toronto. Yes, Toronto. The game wasn't seen back here because Channel 5 aired the Bob Hope Christmas Special, which drew big ratings.

NBC airing a Bob Hope Christmas special in January? That's more absurd than an NBA game in Toronto. Actually, Today the Toronto Raptors are playing their home games in Tampa due to the coronavirus.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 7, 2021, 12:25:19 AMFeb 7
This Sunday's installment of Recycled FC takes us back to February 7, 1993 (exactly 28 years ago Today!). Thel's hair was tweaked.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/69384661/the-tampa-tribune/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2021, 12:09:16 AMFeb 8