Buckles to end March 21

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2021, 7:23:02 PM3/12/21
Looks like David Gilbert is ending Buckles per this release...

Attention Buckles clients:

Buckles is ending publication. The Sunday strip for March 21 will be the last Buckles. If you are using it in your pages, please contact your King Features Syndicate sales representative to choose an alternative.

The Tampa Bay Times dropped Buckles in 2019 after inheriting it from the Tampa Tribune in 2016.

Darryl H

Mar 13, 2021, 7:20:38 AM3/13/21
I guess Buckles is the first newspaper comic strip to officially end in 2021. Hope the next one is Gasoline Alley in Summer 2021. But I give off and on a few times a week rerun strip mixed in with first run strips Pickles and Candorville at least one more year. And what is taking so long for Andrews-McMeel to pull the plug permantly on Get Fuzzy to all the papers still carrying the strip since it is about to be 2 years in 100% daily/Sunday rerun mode since April 2019???