Freefall: AI Programming

Lynn McGuire

Jan 7, 2022, 3:21:06 PM1/7/22
Freefall: AI Programming
http://freefall.purrsia.com/ff3700/fc03694.htm

Note to self: Should I ever have to program an AI, be sure to program in
a module for handling awkward human situations.

Lynn

Freezer

Jan 8, 2022, 12:46:15 AM1/8/22
If I don't reply to this Lynn McGuire post, the terroists win.
I like Winston's mom more every time she shows up.

Lynn McGuire

Jan 8, 2022, 2:16:46 AM1/8/22
Me too. Her mustache freaks me out. Reminds me of one of my
great-aunts, her mustache was thicker than mine.

Lynn

Dorothy J Heydt

Jan 8, 2022, 11:55:15 AM1/8/22
In article <srbdos$iu5$1...@dont-email.me>,
She gives me the (rather mild) creeps. I think it's the uncanny
valley effect: she's *just not quite* the same kind of human I am.

Note that I don't get that reaction from any human on this
planet; they *are* the same kind of human I am.

Nor do I get that reaction from Florence. Nor from all the
robots. They've all been programmed to think like a sufficiently
close approximation of humans, as Tess points out.

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California