Norm Feuti's "Gil" returns

D.D.Degg

May 11, 2014, 9:46:58 AM5/11/14
Norm Feuti is bringing back his "Gil" comic strip.

But -
only as a Sunday strip
and -
exclusive to readers of The Providence Journal.
http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/20140511-gil-returns-to-our-readers-surprising-his-mother-on-her-day.ece

Happy Mother's Day Rhode Island!

D.D.Degg

Jimmy Delach

May 11, 2014, 1:49:42 PM5/11/14
And they're dropping "Get Fuzzy" to make room for Gil's return (Ironically, the Sunday "Fuzzy" strips are new; the dailies are not).

Jimmy Delach

May 11, 2014, 2:06:46 PM5/11/14

D Heine

May 11, 2014, 6:20:29 PM5/11/14
Are these reruns of the pre distributed by King Features strips?

John W Kennedy

May 11, 2014, 7:10:59 PM5/11/14
There's only been the one so far. I do not /think/ it is a rerun.

By the way, you can see it at retailcomics.com

--
John W Kennedy
"The blind rulers of Logres

Jimmy Delach

May 11, 2014, 9:55:35 PM5/11/14
Gil from Mother's Day 2012 (no theme):

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VFBKLzIwMTIvMDUvMTMjQXIwNzkwMg%3D%3D&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

Mother's Day 2013

http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VFBKLzIwMTMvMDUvMTIjQXIwNzMwNA%3D%3D&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

2014 is definitely not a rerun. Assuming Feuti will draw new strips for Providence readers. At least it's good to know Gil is appreciated somewhere.

BTW When you click on "Back" or "Continuation" in the links, it directs you to other strips.

Jimmy Delach

May 12, 2014, 4:45:01 PM5/12/14
More from the Providence Journal:

"Frazz" has been added as a replacement for "Get Fuzzy" Monday through Saturday.

Jimmy Delach

May 18, 2014, 10:09:12 AM5/18/14

Mark Jackson

May 18, 2014, 5:27:39 PM5/18/14
On 5/18/2014 10:09 AM, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> This Sunday's installment of "Gil" (5/18/2014)
>
> http://digital.olivesoftware.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VFBKLzIwMTQvMDUvMTgjQXIwNzcwMQ%3D%3D&Mode=Gif&Locale=english-skin-custom

Looks like this URL:

http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/

will get you one click away from the new strip each Sunday.

One way in which CEOs justify their power is by claiming
the status of heroes, of brave, risk-taking leaders
rather than rent-seeking apparatchiks. - Chris Dillow

Geoff Warren

May 18, 2014, 8:19:09 PM5/18/14
Mark Jackson <mjac...@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote in

> Looks like this URL:
>
> http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/
>
> will get you one click away from the new strip each Sunday.

Norm will also be posting each comic at the following link:

http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/

Jimmy Delach

May 25, 2014, 10:19:12 AM5/25/14

Jimmy Delach

Jun 1, 2014, 2:13:24 PM6/1/14

Jimmy Delach

Jun 8, 2014, 3:59:57 PM6/8/14

Mark Jackson

Jun 15, 2014, 10:55:28 PM6/15/14
For some reason today's Gil hasn't been posted on Feuti's blog
(http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/) as usual, but it can be seen here:

http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/20140615-gil-s-last-day-of-school.ece
John Beresford Tipton was a little like the Koch brothers,
except his checks were smaller and the recipients were not
required to plot against solar energy. - Gail Collins

Jimmy Delach

Jun 16, 2014, 2:48:23 PM6/16/14
Thanks for the update. I forgot about yesterday. Was too preoccupied with other things yesterday.

Jimmy Delach

Jun 22, 2014, 1:02:41 PM6/22/14
Norm has this week's cartoon on the blog

6/22: Surprise Plans

http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/blog/gil-622-surprise-plans/

Jimmy Delach

Jun 29, 2014, 12:50:36 PM6/29/14

Jimmy Delach

Jul 6, 2014, 3:41:38 PM7/6/14

Jimmy Delach

Jul 13, 2014, 12:36:36 PM7/13/14

Jimmy Delach

Jul 20, 2014, 9:17:35 AM7/20/14

Jimmy Delach

Jul 27, 2014, 8:42:20 AM7/27/14

D.D.Degg

Jul 27, 2014, 5:35:57 PM7/27/14
"Listen earnestly to anything [your children] want to tell you,
no matter what.
If you don't listen eagerly to the little stuff when they are little,
they won't tell you the big stuff when they are big,
because to them all of it has always been big stuff."
-- Catherine M. Wallace

Jimmy Delach

Aug 3, 2014, 11:04:39 AM8/3/14

Jimmy Delach

Aug 10, 2014, 1:25:40 PM8/10/14

Jimmy Delach

Aug 17, 2014, 3:32:59 PM8/17/14

Jimmy Delach

Aug 24, 2014, 2:02:01 PM8/24/14

Jimmy Delach

Aug 31, 2014, 1:46:17 PM8/31/14

Jimmy Delach

Sep 7, 2014, 7:03:14 PM9/7/14

Jimmy Delach

Sep 14, 2014, 2:20:16 PM9/14/14
9/14: Morgan is still Morgan (and apparently spent a lot of vacation time in Orlando)

http://www.providencejournal.com/incoming/20140722-gil0914.jpg.ece/BINARY/original/gil0914.jpg

Geoff Warren

Sep 14, 2014, 2:31:01 PM9/14/14
Jimmy Delach <jdelac...@gmail.com> wrote in
Looks like he accidentally posted next week's at his blog:

http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/blog/gil-914-messy-room/

Jimmy Delach

Sep 14, 2014, 3:48:09 PM9/14/14

> Looks like he accidentally posted next week's at his blog:
>

> http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/blog/gil-914-messy-room/

Found them all. :)

Jimmy Delach

Sep 21, 2014, 8:08:10 PM9/21/14
Norm corrected the link to last week's strip on his blog.

Once again the Messy Room strip for Today.

http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/gil38.jpg

Jimmy Delach

Sep 28, 2014, 9:47:17 AM9/28/14

Charles Bishop

Sep 28, 2014, 12:41:10 PM9/28/14
In article <326e6c24-c830-42a8...@googlegroups.com>,
Jimmy Delach <jdelac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/gil39.jpg

He maybe in trouble with the recycling police as well, if he keeps
taking them from the bins.

--
charles

Geoff Warren

Oct 5, 2014, 1:38:16 PM10/5/14

Jimmy Delach

Oct 12, 2014, 11:21:19 AM10/12/14

Jimmy Delach

Oct 19, 2014, 10:14:28 AM10/19/14

D.D.Degg

Oct 20, 2014, 4:09:27 AM10/20/14
Jimmy Delach wrote:
> 10/19: My costume came out AWESOME!
>
> http://www.providencejournal.com/incoming/20140901-gil1019.jpg.ece/BINARY/original/gil1019.jpg

I read that hazmat suits will be a
popular costume this Halloween.
But then again:
http://www.ibtimes.com/ebola-halloween-costumes-hazmat-suits-not-very-popular-stores-say-1707040

D.D.Degg

Jimmy Delach

Oct 26, 2014, 4:02:57 PM10/26/14

Geoff Warren

Nov 2, 2014, 10:19:29 AM11/2/14
11/2: Gil negotiates for Halloween candy

http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/201411
02-gil-negotiates-for-halloween-candy.ece

Jimmy Delach

Nov 9, 2014, 8:30:21 PM11/9/14

Geoff Warren

Nov 16, 2014, 1:36:36 PM11/16/14

Geoff Warren

Nov 23, 2014, 10:24:09 AM11/23/14

Jimmy Delach

Nov 30, 2014, 9:20:44 AM11/30/14

Geoff Warren

Dec 7, 2014, 5:01:25 PM12/7/14

Jimmy Delach

Dec 14, 2014, 1:52:32 PM12/14/14

Geoff Warren

Dec 21, 2014, 9:23:53 AM12/21/14

Jimmy Delach

Dec 28, 2014, 2:33:22 PM12/28/14

Geoff Warren

Jan 4, 2015, 11:25:20 AM1/4/15

Jimmy Delach

Jan 11, 2015, 8:35:19 AM1/11/15

Jimmy Delach

Jan 18, 2015, 9:28:41 AM1/18/15

Jimmy Delach

Jan 25, 2015, 10:45:31 AM1/25/15

Jimmy Delach

Feb 1, 2015, 10:30:24 AM2/1/15

Charles Bishop

Feb 2, 2015, 3:32:45 PM2/2/15
In article <63c936ed-3b18-489b...@googlegroups.com>,
Jimmy Delach <jdelac...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://www.providencejournal.com/incoming/20141211-gil0201.jpg.ece/BINARY/orig
> inal/gil0201.jpg

BTW, Thanks for posting these each week; I don't know how to get to the
strips on my own (I assume they're Sunday only) and it's nice when they
show up here. Gil is an engaging kid in his mini-stories.

--
charles

Jimmy Delach

Feb 2, 2015, 4:47:03 PM2/2/15
Correct. Gil is Sunday-only since returning in strip form back in May and is only available in the Providence Journal (the strip was very popular with its' readers in its' previous syndication run).

Mark Jackson

Feb 2, 2015, 5:15:28 PM2/2/15
http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/ is
the archive, and a new link appears there ca. 1 AM every Sunday. From
there it's five clicks - one to the current page, one to enlarge the
JPEG, and three to get rid of the two windows you've created and the
annoying popunder the Journal serves up free of charge.

I am impressed by the unreliability of
casual empiricism conducted by idealogues.
- Robert Waldmann

Geoff Warren

Feb 3, 2015, 9:28:16 PM2/3/15

> http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/
> is the archive, and a new link appears there ca. 1 AM every Sunday.
> From there it's five clicks - one to the current page, one to enlarge
> the JPEG, and three to get rid of the two windows you've created and
> the annoying popunder the Journal serves up free of charge.

The're also available at: http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/

I've never gotten any popups at this site, though they may not be posted as
early.

Mark Jackson

Feb 3, 2015, 9:59:49 PM2/3/15
On 2/3/2015 9:27 PM, Geoff Warren wrote:
> The're also available at:http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/
>
> I've never gotten any popups at this site, though they may not be
> posted as early.

I used to get them there but indeed found the posting time annoyingly
variable. YMMV.

Geoff Warren

Feb 8, 2015, 11:09:07 AM2/8/15

D Heine

Feb 8, 2015, 2:07:02 PM2/8/15
That 2/8/2015 Gil strip sure would tie in to the recent New England/Northeast states wrath of snowy weather.

Mark Jackson

Feb 15, 2015, 8:46:33 AM2/15/15
On 2/3/2015 9:27 PM, Geoff Warren wrote:
The /Journal/ has reorganized their website. Using search I was able to
find today's Gil
(http://www.providencejournal.com/storyimage/PJ/20150215/NEWS/150219573/AR/0/AR-150219573.jpg)
but not a reusable link. The comic is already up (and larger) at
http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/, which seems to be the location of choice.

Charles Bishop

Feb 15, 2015, 7:07:04 PM2/15/15
In article <ckbm9m...@mid.individual.net>,
Mark Jackson <mjac...@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

> On 2/3/2015 9:27 PM, Geoff Warren wrote:
> > Mark Jackson <mjac...@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote in
> >
> >> http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/
> >> is the archive, and a new link appears there ca. 1 AM every Sunday.
> >> From there it's five clicks - one to the current page, one to enlarge
> >> the JPEG, and three to get rid of the two windows you've created and
> >> the annoying popunder the Journal serves up free of charge.
> >
> > The're also available at: http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/
> >
> > I've never gotten any popups at this site, though they may not be posted as
> > early.
>
> The /Journal/ has reorganized their website. Using search I was able to
> find today's Gil
> (http://www.providencejournal.com/storyimage/PJ/20150215/NEWS/150219573/AR/0/A
> R-150219573.jpg)
> but not a reusable link. The comic is already up (and larger) at
> http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/, which seems to be the location of choice.

Are there school systems where there is a vacation in February? In my
day, there was 2 weeks around Christmas, and then Easter break in March
or April, depending. Is this new for a year round schedule, some other
configuration?

--
Charles

Mark Jackson

Feb 15, 2015, 7:36:00 PM2/15/15
On 2/15/2015 7:07 PM, Charles Bishop wrote:
> Are there school systems where there is a vacation in February? In my
> day, there was 2 weeks around Christmas, and then Easter break in March
> or April, depending. Is this new for a year round schedule, some other
> configuration?

A week off in February was added by many cold-climate school districts
during the energy crisis of the 1970s. Some have since eliminated it,
some not. Schools here in the Rochester NY area, for example, will be
closed this week.

Jimmy Delach

Feb 22, 2015, 12:35:16 PM2/22/15

Jimmy Delach

Mar 1, 2015, 2:03:15 PM3/1/15
Hi all,

Does anybody have a link for the 3/1 Gil strip from the Providence Journal's web site? Norm hasn't updated his blog yet.

Mark Jackson

Mar 1, 2015, 6:35:38 PM3/1/15
On 3/1/2015 2:03 PM, Jimmy Delach wrote:

> Does anybody have a link for the 3/1 Gil strip from the Providence
> Journal's web site? Norm hasn't updated his blog yet.

So the URL I've used in the past:

http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/

still goes to the archive index, and there's a link to today's strip page:

http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/20150107-gil-learns-something-about-rhode-island-winters.ece

but I don't see an image. Perhaps one now needs an account?
Conspiracy theories are an irresistible labor-saving
device in the face of complexity. - Henry Louis Gates

Jimmy Delach

Mar 2, 2015, 9:24:30 AM3/2/15

Mark Jackson

Mar 2, 2015, 11:42:07 AM3/2/15
On 3/2/2015 9:24 AM, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> Well, hopefully this link works.

Worked for me. How did you track it down?

Charles Bishop

Mar 2, 2015, 12:23:54 PM3/2/15
In article <clhm27...@mid.individual.net>,
Mark Jackson <mjac...@alumni.caltech.edu> wrote:

> On 3/1/2015 2:03 PM, Jimmy Delach wrote:
>
> > Does anybody have a link for the 3/1 Gil strip from the Providence
> > Journal's web site? Norm hasn't updated his blog yet.
>
> So the URL I've used in the past:
>
> http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/
>
> still goes to the archive index, and there's a link to today's strip page:
>
> http://www.providencejournal.com/features/entertainment/cartoons/gil/20150107-
> gil-learns-something-about-rhode-island-winters.ece
>
> but I don't see an image. Perhaps one now needs an account?

It works for me now (9:30 PST)

--
charles

Jimmy Delach

Mar 8, 2015, 3:50:30 PM3/8/15
Norm has Today's strip on his blog this time.

3/8: PBW

http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/gil10.jpg

Jimmy Delach

Mar 15, 2015, 11:25:46 PM3/15/15

Jimmy Delach

Mar 22, 2015, 2:07:52 PM3/22/15

Mark Jackson

Mar 22, 2015, 2:56:04 PM3/22/15
On 3/22/2015 2:07 PM, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> 3/22/2015: Personal Connection
>
> http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/gil12.jpg

"As part of [Harvard Business School dean John] McArthur's effort to
weed out people interested only in lucre, the admissions process now
includes thirteen questions and nine essays, rather than a standardized
test, and takes hours to complete. To make the cut, students must
answer a few questions about ethics.

"For example, they are asked to explain, in the application, how they
managed an ethical dilemma they have experienced. But according to
Laura Gordon Fisher, the school's admissions director, many students
say they have never encountered an ethical dilemma.

"'It's amazing how many people admit they've never experienced a moral
dilemma,' said Fisher. 'Some applicants want to know if they should
fabricate one.'"

- Molly Ivins, writing in the December, 1989, issue
of /The Progressive/.

Jimmy Delach

Mar 29, 2015, 5:37:39 PM3/29/15

Jimmy Delach

Apr 5, 2015, 6:35:18 PM4/5/15

Geoff Warren

Apr 12, 2015, 12:53:40 PM4/12/15

Jimmy Delach

Apr 19, 2015, 5:04:07 PM4/19/15

D Heine

Apr 19, 2015, 10:28:46 PM4/19/15
On Sunday, April 19, 2015 at 4:04:07 PM UTC-5, Jimmy Delach wrote:
> 4/19: Treasure Hunt

That April 19, 2015 Treasure Hunt Gil strip reminds me of Highlights for Children magazine's HIDDEN PICTURES puzzle page.

Geoff Warren

Apr 26, 2015, 12:04:14 PM4/26/15

Jimmy Delach

May 3, 2015, 4:49:31 PM5/3/15
Gil 5/3: Gil comes face-to-face with a deep truth.

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150503/NEWS/150509921/13829/TOPIC

Geoff Warren

May 10, 2015, 11:03:38 AM5/10/15
Message has been deleted

Geoff Warren

May 17, 2015, 1:47:02 PM5/17/15

Mark Jackson

May 17, 2015, 2:42:25 PM5/17/15
On 5/17/2015 1:45 PM, Geoff Warren wrote:
> 5/17 “Worms”
>
> http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/blog/gil-517-worms/

"Dear Ms. Teacher:

Please excuse Gil for being late today because of his worms."
When bank profits are high, that’s a sign that the
bank in question is extracting rents from the
economy, rather than helping it to grow.
- Brad DeLong

Jimmy Delach

May 24, 2015, 7:54:32 PM5/24/15
Out of curiosity, does anybody happen to have the "Gil" strip for 5/24 Today? It's late Sunday and Norm hasn't updated his blog.

Jimmy Delach

May 25, 2015, 5:09:03 PM5/25/15
Gil 5/24 (via Providence Journal's website): Gil talks about Military service with Mr. Klopec

http://www.providencejournal.com/article/20150524/NEWS/150519235/0/SEARCH

Geoff Warren

May 31, 2015, 9:54:13 AM5/31/15

Geoff Warren

Jun 7, 2015, 3:20:09 PM6/7/15

Geoff Warren

Jun 14, 2015, 8:14:08 AM6/14/15

Geoff Warren

Jun 21, 2015, 8:02:19 AM6/21/15

Jimmy Delach

Jun 28, 2015, 11:56:22 AM6/28/15

Geoff Warren

Jul 5, 2015, 8:59:20 AM7/5/15

Jimmy Delach

Jul 12, 2015, 10:52:05 AM7/12/15

Jimmy Delach

Jul 19, 2015, 10:26:34 AM7/19/15

Geoff Warren

Jul 26, 2015, 8:38:02 AM7/26/15

Jimmy Delach

Aug 2, 2015, 10:44:44 AM8/2/15

Geoff Warren

Aug 9, 2015, 10:55:35 AM8/9/15

Geoff Warren

Aug 16, 2015, 9:37:43 AM8/16/15

Geoff Warren

Aug 23, 2015, 8:20:32 AM8/23/15
8/23 “eReader”

http://www.normfeuticartoons.com/blog/gil-823-ereader/

Just to check, is anyone other than Jimmy Delach and me reading these?
(That is, should we keep this going?)

--Geoff

Mark Jackson

Aug 23, 2015, 8:43:10 AM8/23/15
On 8/23/2015 8:18 AM, Geoff Warren wrote:
> Just to check, is anyone other than Jimmy Delach and me reading
> these? (That is, should we keep this going?)

I read it, but don't need the weekly links to remind me.
Engineering is the art of doing that well with
one dollar, which any bungler can do with two
after a fashion. - Arthur Wellington
It is loading more messages.