Over The Hedge: Watson, the Lame-O IBM Supercomputer Comedian

Lynn McGuire

Nov 18, 2021, 2:31:58 PM11/18/21
Over The Hedge: Watson, the Lame-O IBM Supercomputer Comedian
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2021/11/18

I am beginning to think that he is not going to run in 2024.

Lynn

Paul S Person

Nov 19, 2021, 12:27:13 PM11/19/21
Sadly, I have not seen anything to suggest that.

Well, unless he convinces himself that, having actually won in 2020,
he has had his two terms.

I wonder if he realizes that his lawyers, in disputing Biden's
decision to not allow him to claim Executive Privilege on a set of
documents /admitted/ that Trump was the /former/ President, and Biden
the /current/ President.

I suspect not, as, if he did, he would no doubt fire them. Publicly.
--
"I begin to envy Petronius."
"I have envied him long since."

Dorothy J Heydt

Nov 19, 2021, 3:20:01 PM11/19/21
In article <pdnfpgdp1msrf8mj4...@4ax.com>,
Hope on, hope ever: maybe within two years he'll be a
long-term guest of a different branch of the Federal Government.

Or maybe he'll just ugly himself to death.

--
Dorothy J. Heydt
Vallejo, California

Lynn McGuire

Nov 22, 2021, 4:18:41 PM11/22/21
Putting former presidents in jail for political crimes is a very bad
habit to start. Most people label that country a banana republic then.

Lynn

Scott Lurndal

Nov 23, 2021, 9:34:39 AM11/23/21
Not putting former presidents in jail for criminal crimes is a very
bad precedent. Nobody is above the law. Insurrection is not a political
crime, it's a criminal act.

Alan

Nov 23, 2021, 12:00:21 PM11/23/21
The Trumpists really want to ignore that bit.

There was an election and they lost...

...then some of them tried to overturn that election with violence and
the threat of violence.

Now that that plan has failed they want to claim it was just a
"political" crime.

Paul S Person

Nov 24, 2021, 11:48:13 AM11/24/21
Some of them seem to actually believe that claiming something is
"political" some how makes it A-OK (if they do it) and Utterly Evil
(if anyone else does it).

The question here is, /when/ does something that could be political
slip over into something people can be held accountable for?

And I don't mean at the ballot box. I mean in court, civil or
criminal, or both.

Magewolf

Nov 24, 2021, 3:13:22 PM11/24/21
Well if you look at the number of peaceful protesters and Union
soldiers(at least they seem to think they are with the attacks on any
hint of the Confederacy) who walked away from felonies it all comes down
to which party controls the DA, law be damn.

J. Clarke

Nov 24, 2021, 5:17:53 PM11/24/21
Seems like the people who fought in a war generally have a better
attitude toward the other side than do their descendants.

Paul S Person

Nov 25, 2021, 12:26:39 PM11/25/21
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:13:20 -0000 (UTC), Magewolf
<Mage...@nc.rr.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:48:10 -0800, Paul S Person wrote:

<snippo, reference is certain politicians>>
>> Some of them seem to actually believe that claiming something is
>> "political" some how makes it A-OK (if they do it) and Utterly Evil (if
>> anyone else does it).
>>
>> The question here is, /when/ does something that could be political slip
>> over into something people can be held accountable for?
>>
>> And I don't mean at the ballot box. I mean in court, civil or criminal,
>> or both.
>
>Well if you look at the number of peaceful protesters and Union
>soldiers(at least they seem to think they are with the attacks on any
>hint of the Confederacy) who walked away from felonies it all comes down
>to which party controls the DA, law be damn.

This sounds very much like a Trump Talking Point. It is certainly
incoherent enough to be one.

What constitutes a felony depends on the local law. And bringing
charges requires considering whether or not those charges can be
proved beyond a reasonable doubt. We appear to have recently seen the
result of /not/ taking that into account. Once again.

A lot of 1/6 participants appear to have plead out with relatively
minor penalties. Of course, they didn't do much, if anything, beyond
trespassing.

Paul S Person

Nov 25, 2021, 12:29:03 PM11/25/21
On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 17:17:51 -0500, J. Clarke
<jclarke...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 20:13:20 -0000 (UTC), Magewolf
><Mage...@nc.rr.com> wrote:
>
>>On Wed, 24 Nov 2021 08:48:10 -0800, Paul S Person wrote:

<snippo -- reference is to certain politicians>

>>> Some of them seem to actually believe that claiming something is
>>> "political" some how makes it A-OK (if they do it) and Utterly Evil (if
>>> anyone else does it).
>>>
>>> The question here is, /when/ does something that could be political slip
>>> over into something people can be held accountable for?
>>>
>>> And I don't mean at the ballot box. I mean in court, civil or criminal,
>>> or both.
>>
>>Well if you look at the number of peaceful protesters and Union
>>soldiers(at least they seem to think they are with the attacks on any
>>hint of the Confederacy) who walked away from felonies it all comes down
>>to which party controls the DA, law be damn.
>
>Seems like the people who fought in a war generally have a better
>attitude toward the other side than do their descendants.

The film /The Outlaw Josey Wales/ explores that topic.

Keep in mind that the reconciliation was both necessary to keep things
peaceful and between white people. Times have changed.