Comic strip rerun weeks 2022 thread

Darryl H

Dec 31, 2021, 6:57:14 AM12/31/21
This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Dec 31, 2021, 9:44:32 AM12/31/21
Upcoming rerun weeks for King Features...

Attention Baby Blues clients:

Rick Kirkman and Jerry Scott are taking a two-week vacation. Two weeks of dailies for January 3-8, 2022, and January 10-15, 2022, and two Sunday pages for January 16, 2022, and January 23, 2022, are reader favorites from 2018 that have been personally selected by Rick and Jerry.

Thank you,
King Features Editorial

Attention ZITS Clients:

Jim Borgman and Jerry Scott are taking a two-week vacation. Two Sunday pages for January 30, 2022, and February 6, 2022, and two weeks of dailies for January 31-Feburary 5, 2022, and February 7-12, 2022, are reader favorites from 2018 that have been personally selected by Jim and Jerry.

Thank you,
King Features Editorial

At least Mutts will finally be back to new strips next week so they will be reinstated in the New York Daily News and maybe the Cincinnati E------r.

Darryl H

Jan 1, 2022, 9:36:51 AM1/1/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

This past week (December 27, 2021 - January 1, 2022) Candorville was in week #2 of 2019 rerun mode for daily strips.

Darryl H

Jan 1, 2022, 11:00:28 AM1/1/22
Also this December 27, 2021-January 1, 2022 week: Arlo and Janis was in reruns this week.

Darryl H

Jan 2, 2022, 2:34:14 PM1/2/22
Also for the December 27, 2021-January 1, 2022 week: Lio was in reruns.

And today on Janaury 2, 2022 the Sunday Grand Avenue comic strip is a rerun from January 2018.

Darryl H

Jan 3, 2022, 7:52:33 AM1/3/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

And after a 6 month hiatus, as of January 3, 2022 Mutts, now in new strips, returned to the daily New York Daily News comics pages.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 4, 2022, 12:17:57 AM1/4/22

> And after a 6 month hiatus, as of January 3, 2022 Mutts, now in new strips, returned to the daily New York Daily News comics pages.

Brian, any word if the Cincinnati E------r brought back Mutts or are they still running Ziggy?

Darryl H

Jan 8, 2022, 6:54:47 AM1/8/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

For the week of January 3-8, 2022: Candorville has completed its 3rd. week in rerun mode.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 9, 2022, 10:23:33 AM1/9/22
For Today's strips (1/9):

Baldo is a rerun from 2017

Red & Rover is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Jan 13, 2022, 8:14:43 AM1/13/22
Belated from the week of January 10-25, 2022: Over the Hedge is in 2020 reruns this week.

Darryl H

Jan 14, 2022, 10:08:08 AM1/14/22
Another strip in reruns for January 10-15, 2022: Betty with 2015 daily reruns.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 16, 2022, 10:12:41 AM1/16/22
This Sunday's installment of "Curtis" (1/16) is a rerun from 2011 although the copyright date says 2022. I know it's a rerun because it has Curtis wearing his original hat. I really really hope Ray is not taking lessons from lazy Jeffy Keane on recycling gags minus the updates. :P

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 21, 2022, 8:07:57 PM1/21/22
Upcoming news:

Per Georgia Dunn's Facebook page, "Breaking Cat News" will be in reruns for the first time due to the recent death of the real-life Lupin cat. Selected Lupin strips will run the week of January 31st and a Sunday rerun will run on February 27th.

Darryl H

Jan 24, 2022, 7:46:32 AM1/24/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

For this week - January 24-29, 2022: Argyle Sweater is in reruns reunning the January 23-28, 2017 week. And the New York Daily News has the "Argyle Sweater is on vacation" blurb not carrying this Argyle Sweater rerun week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2022, 9:13:37 AM1/30/22
This Sunday's installment of Rubes (1/30) is a rerun from 2014. First Sunday Rubes rerun of 2022.

Darryl H

Jan 31, 2022, 6:59:35 AM1/31/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

For the January 31-Feb. 5, 2022 week: Pooch Cafe is in reruns from 2016 this week (And along with Zits, the New York Daily News not carrying the rerun weeks have the "Zits/Pooch Cafe is on vacation" blurb).

Darryl H

Feb 3, 2022, 7:39:57 PM2/3/22
Another strip in reruns this January 31-Feb. 5, 2022 week: Grand Avenue (A week of reruns from 2019).

Darryl H

Feb 6, 2022, 7:05:34 AM2/6/22
And today's Grand Avenue Sunday strip is also a 2019 rerun on Feb. 6, 2022.

Also on Feb. 6, 2022: The Betty Sunday comic strip is a rerun from Feb. 15, 2015.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 6, 2022, 9:21:10 AM2/6/22
Also the 2/6 installment of Curtis is a rerun from 2010 even though for the second time this year, it has the 2022 copyright date instead of the original year but I knew it was a rerun because it had Curtis wearing his original hat.

I really hate to think Curtis is going the Family Circus route of going into rerun mode with the current year instead of the past year.

Darryl H

Feb 8, 2022, 7:47:36 AM2/8/22
On Sunday, February 6, 2022 at 8:21:10 AM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> Also the 2/6 installment of Curtis is a rerun from 2010 even though for the second time this year, it has the 2022 copyright date instead of the original year but I knew it was a rerun because it had Curtis wearing his original hat.
>
> I really hate to think Curtis is going the Family Circus route of going into rerun mode with the current year instead of the past year.

Also on 2/6/2022: The Sunday Over the Hedge comic strip was a rerun from Feb. 9, 2020.

Darryl H

Feb 19, 2022, 7:41:38 AM2/19/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

This Feb. 14-19, 2022 week Candorville was all 2020 daily reruns.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Feb 20, 2022, 8:05:26 AM2/20/22
Today's (2/20) installment of The Argyle Sweater is a rerun from 2017.

Darryl H

Mar 5, 2022, 7:02:14 AM3/5/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

Belated for the week of Feb. 28-March 5, 2022: Arlo and Janis was in 2019 reruns this week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2022, 12:23:20 AM3/7/22
Just letting you know Curtis is in reruns this week. Although they still have the 2022 copyright date, I know they're reruns because Curtis is wearing his original hat.

I'm too busy to look up the exact strip right now (I only got as far as April 2006 in my Curtis database) but if anybody can find the original strip where he says "I should have snowed her (Miss Nelson) with a dirty lie", it would be much appreciated.

Maybe Brian can look it up since Curtis is a former Cincinnati Post strip?

Darryl H

Mar 7, 2022, 9:21:01 AM3/7/22
Speaking of Miss Nelson in Curtis, did she ever recover from COVID after being positive for it 2 years ago?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2022, 12:02:32 PM3/7/22
On Monday, March 7, 2022 at 9:21:01 AM UTC-5, heine...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Sunday, March 6, 2022 at 11:23:20 PM UTC-6, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> > Just letting you know Curtis is in reruns this week. Although they still have the 2022 copyright date, I know they're reruns because Curtis is wearing his original hat.

Mystery solved. Monday's Curtis rerun is from April 12, 2011. This is going to be a long week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2022, 2:35:17 PM3/8/22

> > > Just letting you know Curtis is in reruns this week. Although they still have the 2022 copyright date, I know they're reruns because Curtis is wearing his original hat.
> Mystery solved. Monday's Curtis rerun is from April 12, 2011. This is going to be a long week.

Tuesday's Curtis repeat originally ran on April 14, 2011. I really, really hope King Features doesn't make copyrights of reruns be from the current year instead of the original one a regular occurrence (like Zits and Mutts for instance).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 9, 2022, 7:53:38 AM3/9/22
Wednesday's Curtis repeat was originally from May 7, 2011.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 10, 2022, 1:22:59 AM3/10/22
Thursday's Curtis repeat was originally from May 9, 2011.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 11, 2022, 12:26:52 AM3/11/22
> > > Tuesday's Curtis repeat originally ran on April 14, 2011. I really, really hope King Features doesn't make copyrights of reruns be from the current year instead of the original one a regular occurrence (like Zits and Mutts for instance).
> > Wednesday's Curtis repeat was originally from May 7, 2011.
> Thursday's Curtis repeat was originally from May 9, 2011.

Friday's Curtis repeat was originally from May 10, 2011.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 12, 2022, 12:17:30 AM3/12/22
And Saturday's Curtis repeat was from May 23, 2011.

Hopefully next week's dailies will be back to new strips.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 20, 2022, 12:30:41 AM3/20/22
This Sunday's (3/20) installment of Curtis is a repeat even though it still has 2022 as the copyright date. Normally I can tell when it's a rerun when Curtis is wearing his original hat but in this repeat he wasn't even wearing a hat (as it was a church strip) but the original hat was shown on the logo in the opening panel.

This strip was originally from January 10, 2010.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/97987023/the-commercial-appeal/

I really need to get at it on that Curtis database I was talking about.

Darryl H

Mar 21, 2022, 8:04:03 AM3/21/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

For the week of March 21-26, 2022: Pooch Cafe is in reruns, and the New York Daily News has the "Pooch Cafe is on vacation" blurb.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2022, 12:43:06 AM3/27/22
For the second straight Sunday, Curtis is a repeat despite the copyright date being from 2022. I know it's a repeat because it has Curtis wearing his original hat.

WTF KING FEATURES?!?!? TWO SUNDAYS IN A ROW OF THIS CRAP?!?!? Ray Billingsley should never be confused for lazy Jeffy Keane because even at nearly 65 years old, Billingsley can at least still come up with new ideas unlike lazy Jeffy who keeps recycling Daddy's old material with some updating (Thel's pre-1996 hairstyle being the most frequent) and trying to pass off his work as "new". Hell, Jeffy has yet to come up with an original idea THIS YEAR!!!!! Bad enough that KFS uses the current year copyright on long retired strips (Tiger, Archie, etc.) but a still fairly active strip like Curtis?!?!? This clearly makes me gag.

BTW Today's Curtis repeat was originally from February 15, 2009.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/98476703/the-commercial-appeal/

Darryl H

Mar 27, 2022, 4:42:29 PM3/27/22
King Features doesn't have the rights to Archie comic strip reruns, Creators.com does.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Mar 28, 2022, 12:37:31 AM3/28/22
BTW Sunday's (3/27) installment of "Flo & Friends" was a rerun from 2014. It's relatively new to the Tampa Bay Times (added some two years ago) so I was unaware they did reruns.

BTW who worked with Jenny Campbell on the "Flo" strips? I saw somebody else's signature alongside hers.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2022, 12:41:04 AM4/4/22
For the second time this year, this week's Curtis dailies are in reruns even though they still have the 2022 copyright date. I know they're reruns because they have Curtis wearing his original hat.

Seriously. Between Curtis and Lazy Jeffy's Recycled Family Circus this week (the last time Curtis dailies were in reruns fell mainly during FC's Billy and Jeffy visit Grandma storyline last month), I'm going to have to pull all-nighters all week. I have no idea the original date of Today's Curtis strip ("Here's the mail, Dad! Nothing but bills!" "And now my day is COMPLETE!") so if anybody can help me out on this, it would be appreciated.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2022, 12:46:28 AM4/4/22
On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 12:41:04 AM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> For the second time this year, this week's Curtis dailies are in reruns even though they still have the 2022 copyright date. I know they're reruns because they have Curtis wearing his original hat.
>
> Seriously. Between Curtis and Lazy Jeffy's Recycled Family Circus this week (the last time Curtis dailies were in reruns fell mainly during FC's Billy and Jeffy visit Grandma storyline last month), I'm going to have to pull all-nighters all week. I have no idea the original date of Today's Curtis strip ("Here's the mail, Dad! Nothing but bills!" "And now my day is COMPLETE!") so if anybody can help me out on this, it would be appreciated.

Never mind. I found the date. It was from November 5, 2007 (Brian! They went back to the Cincinnati Post era!)

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2022, 12:50:47 AM4/4/22
And, upon looking further, it's the Curtis reruns going through the storyline with dad Greg hospitalized with gallstones. That ran for two weeks.

Two weeks of Daily Curtis reruns with the 2022 copyright date instead of 2007? I hate this!

Darryl H

Apr 4, 2022, 7:54:59 AM4/4/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

This week for April 4-9, 2022 Jump Start is in reruns (And the New York Daily News is not carrying the rerun week of Jump Start strips with the "Jump Start is on vacation" blurb).

Also, yesterday on April 3, 2022 the Sunday Over the Hedge strip was a rerun originally from March 29, 2020.

Darryl H

Apr 4, 2022, 10:08:31 AM4/4/22
Correction: The March 29, 2020 Sunday strip of Over the Hedge was rerun on March 27, 2022, not April 3, 2022.

Darryl H

Apr 9, 2022, 8:56:02 AM4/9/22
On Monday, April 4, 2022 at 6:54:59 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
Another strip in reruns this April 4-9, 2022 week: Candorville (2019 strips).

Darryl H

Apr 12, 2022, 10:35:25 PM4/12/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

This week for the week of April 11-16, 2022: Over the Hedge is in reruns and rerunning a week of April 2020 strips from the time of the launch of the COVID quarentine situations.

Darryl H

Apr 16, 2022, 9:17:07 AM4/16/22
And also for April 11-16, 2022: Candorville has completed week #2 in 2019 rerun mode for daily strips.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 17, 2022, 7:03:57 AM4/17/22
Following two straight weeks of Daily curtis reruns repeating the Greg in the hospital storyline from November 2007, the Sunday (4/17) Curtis is also a rerun and in all cases, they have the 2022 copyright date instead of the original year. Usually I know it's a rerun when Curtis is wearing his original hat but Curtis wasn't even wearing a hat (it was a church strip just like the 3/20 rerun) but the original hat was on the logo.

Today's Curtis rerun originally ran April 8, 2012.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/99908956/tampa-bay-times/

I really hope Ray Billingsley isn't too sick like he was in 2013 when we had months of Curtis reruns (at least they didn't have the current year copyright back then). I really don't want to spend every day tracking down Curtis reruns.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 18, 2022, 12:31:35 AM4/18/22
And as of 4/18, we are back to new Curtis Dailies. How long will that last?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Apr 24, 2022, 12:33:07 AM4/24/22
The Sunday 4/24 installment of Curtis is yet another repeat despite the 2022 copyright date. I can tell it's a rerun because it has Curtis wearing his original hat.

After research, the Sunday Curtis repeat was originally from May 6, 2007.

BTW I assume the last two Sunday Curtis repeats were more or less in line with the two weeks of Daily Curtis reruns (4/4 through 4/16).

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/100354569/tampa-bay-times/

I'm really sick and tired of this practice by King Features trying to pass off rerun strips as new when it's clearly not new. It's one thing for the Family Circus (at least lazy Jeffy kinda updates the reruns - i.e. changing Thel's hairstyle, etc) but Ray Billingsley is not Jeffy Keane and he shouldn't have to be.

Darryl H

Apr 24, 2022, 11:22:27 AM4/24/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

The April 24, 2022 Sunday Daddy's Home strip is a rerun from 2018.

Darryl H

Apr 30, 2022, 7:05:33 AM4/30/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

The week of April 25-30, 2022: Candorville was a week of 2019 reruns.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 1, 2022, 12:34:19 AM5/1/22
For an unprecedented third straight Sunday (and fifth of the last seven Sundays) the Sunday (5/1) Curtis is another rerun despite the fact it still has the 2022 copyright date. As always, I can tell it's a rerun because it has Curtis wearing his original hat.

This is worse than Daryl Heine working himself into a lather over how the Sunday Family Circus is signed.

Anyway, the Curtis rerun was originally from March 4, 2007.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/100804263/tampa-bay-times/

Darryl H

May 8, 2022, 6:41:17 PM5/8/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

The Sunday, May 8, 2022 Over The Hedge Sunday strip is a rerun from May 24, 2020.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 16, 2022, 1:19:00 AM5/16/22
This week's installment of Curtis dailies (5/16 - 5/21) are reruns even though they still have the 2022 copyright date. I can tell they're reruns because they have Curtis wearing his original hat.

And it looks like I'm going to be up late tracking Curtis repeats this week (Thank you, Billy cartoons on FC).

Today's Curtis rerun was originally from May 4, 2010.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 17, 2022, 12:32:12 AM5/17/22
Today's (5/17) Curtis rerun (one that doesn't feature Curtis at all) was originally from May 8, 2010.

Imagine if that Curtis-less rerun strip ran on Monday instead of Tuesday?

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 18, 2022, 1:12:44 AM5/18/22
Today's (5/18) Curtis rerun was originally from May 10, 2010.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 19, 2022, 12:38:38 AM5/19/22
Today's (5/19) Curtis rerun was originally from May 11, 2010.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 20, 2022, 1:01:18 AM5/20/22
Today's (5/20) Curtis rerun was originally from May 12, 2010.

jdelac...@gmail.com

May 21, 2022, 12:32:12 AM5/21/22
And on the final day of Curtis reruns with the 2022 copyright date this week (please go back to new strips next week!), the 5/21 Curtis rerun was originally from May 13, 2010.

Darryl H

May 22, 2022, 10:25:08 AM5/22/22
On Friday, May 20, 2022 at 11:32:12 PM UTC-5, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> And on the final day of Curtis reruns with the 2022 copyright date this week (please go back to new strips next week!), the 5/21 Curtis rerun was originally from May 13, 2010.

This past week May 16-21, 2022 Candorville was a week of 2019 reruns while the Sunday May 22, 2022 Candorville rerun had 2020/2022 copyrights.

Darryl H

May 28, 2022, 8:50:06 AM5/28/22
And this May 23-28, 2022 week Candorville was in week #2 in 2019 rerun daily mode.
Message has been deleted

Darryl H

May 29, 2022, 5:30:21 PM5/29/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

Today's May 29, 2022 Arlo and Janis Sunday strip is a rerun from 2015.

Darryl H

May 31, 2022, 4:17:15 PM5/31/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

Week of May 30-June 4, 2022: Prickily City is in 2018 reruns this week.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 6, 2022, 10:32:49 AM6/6/22
Dog Eat Doug is in 2017 reruns this week.

Also I'm not sure if Red & Rover is in reruns this week but Today's strip is from 2019 commemmorating D-Day. Did the New York Daily News run Red & Rover Today?

Darryl H

Jun 6, 2022, 10:48:02 AM6/6/22
On Monday, June 6, 2022 at 9:32:49 AM UTC-5, wrote:
> Dog Eat Doug is in 2017 reruns this week.
>
> Also I'm not sure if Red & Rover is in reruns this week but Today's strip is from 2019 commemmorating D-Day. Did the New York Daily News run Red & Rover Today?

Yes, the New York Daily News did run that 2019 D-Day related Red and Rover rerun.

Darryl H

Jun 7, 2022, 6:26:31 AM6/7/22
And with Red and Rover in 2019 reruns this week, the New York Daily News is carrying that week of reruns when they mostly never carry rerun weeks - must be overlooked by the paper.

Darryl H

Jun 13, 2022, 7:08:23 AM6/13/22
For the week of June 13-18, 2022: Red and Rover enters week #2 in rerun mode, and the New York Daily News is once again carrying a rerun week of Red and Rover strips.

Darryl H

Jun 14, 2022, 7:20:51 PM6/14/22
Also this June 18-22, 2022 week: Daddy's Home is in 2019 reruns.

Darryl H

Jun 17, 2022, 7:54:09 AM6/17/22
Another strip in reruns this June 13-18, 2022 week: Grand Avenue (2019 reruns)

And a correction: This week's Daddy's Home reruns take place June 13-18, 2022 week, not June 18-22, 2022.

Darryl H

Jun 18, 2022, 7:25:59 AM6/18/22
Besides Red and Rover, Daddy's Home, and Grand Avenue, Candorville was also a full week of reruns (2019) this June 13-18, 2022 week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2022, 8:33:53 AM6/19/22
This Sunday's (6/19) Red And Rover is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Jun 20, 2022, 7:15:03 AM6/20/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

For the week of June 20-25, 2022:
* Jump Start is in reruns this week - The New York Daily News isn't carrying the week of Jump Start rerun week and has the "Jump Start is on vacation" blurb.
* Red and Rover enters week #3 in rerun mode - The New York Daily News is carrying that week of Red and Rover reruns! (I hope Brian Bassett isn't recovering from COVID or something or the New York Daily News isn't about to replace the strip with the new "Crabgrass" strip which starts next week).

Darryl H

Jun 22, 2022, 8:42:05 AM6/22/22
Actually, Red and Rover has been in reruns for the past 5 weeks, not 3. Wonder why?

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 22, 2022, 6:46:16 PM6/22/22

> Actually, Red and Rover has been in reruns for the past 5 weeks, not 3. Wonder why?

And the New York Daily News still runs this strip? And they won't run Jump Start this week because they're in reruns?

Whoever runs features is really screwing this up.

Darryl H

Jun 22, 2022, 7:24:38 PM6/22/22
According to Brian Bassett: "I had cancer surgery to remove tumors from my pancreas and spleen. I will be recovering for the next two months at least." - That's the reason for the reruns of Red and Rover that may be all Summer 2022 long. Won't be longer than the 6 month 2018 Big Nate hiatus nor the 6 month 2021 Mutts hiatus nor the several month Gasoline Alley rerun arc situation in 2017-2018.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2022, 12:58:25 AM6/26/22
The Sunday installment of Curtis (6/26) is a rerun even though it still has the 2022 copyright date. Of course I can tell it's a rerun because it has Curtis wearing his original hat (even though he is only shown in one panel).

Today's Curtis rerun originally ran July 1, 2012.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/104438834/the-commercial-appeal/

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jun 26, 2022, 7:10:06 AM6/26/22
Also once again this Sunday's (6/26) Red & Rover is a rerun from 2019.

Darryl H

Jun 28, 2022, 4:18:42 PM6/28/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

Week of June 27-July 2, 2022: Arlo and Janis is in 2019 reruns this week.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2022, 9:42:32 AM7/3/22
This Sunday's (7/3) Red & Rover is a rerun from 2019.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 10, 2022, 7:18:55 AM7/10/22
This Sunday's (7/10) Red & Rover is yet another rerun from 2019.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 15, 2022, 5:44:49 PM7/15/22
This week, Breaking Cat News has been rerunning 2019 strips.

I believe this had to be the first time Georgia Dunn went to reruns (excluding the rerun weeks used after the real Lupin died).

Darryl H

Jul 18, 2022, 7:58:41 AM7/18/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

This week for July 18-23, 2022: Red and Rover is in daily rerun mode again with 2018 strips, and the New York Daily News isn't carrying the Red and Rover rerun week this time and moved Jump Start to the bottom.

Darryl H

Jul 19, 2022, 7:37:54 AM7/19/22
'
More about this in a clarification: The New York Daily News has instead of the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb the "Jump Start is on vacation" blurb but Jump Start (new 2022 strips and not reruns) is on its 2 pages of Daily News daily comics!).

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2022, 6:14:15 AM7/20/22
On Friday, July 15, 2022 at 5:44:49 PM UTC-4, jdelac...@gmail.com wrote:
> This week, Breaking Cat News has been rerunning 2019 strips.
>
> I believe this had to be the first time Georgia Dunn went to reruns (excluding the rerun weeks used after the real Lupin died).

Update: Breaking Cat News will be in reruns the week of August 1 and also Sunday, August 28 because the real-life Tommy had recently died (that and Georgia Dunn recently recovered from Covid).

Darryl H

Jul 22, 2022, 3:01:04 PM7/22/22
On Monday, July 18, 2022 at 6:58:41 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
Also for July 18-23, 2022: Candorville has been in 2018 daily reruns for this week since 7/16/2022.

Darryl H

Jul 25, 2022, 7:07:52 AM7/25/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

Week of July 25-30, 2022: Red and Rover enters week #2 in a current rerun mode. Could it be Brian Basett's surgery concerns? Also: Did the New York Daily News just drop Red and Rover from its daily comics since it has no "on vacation" blurb for it?

Hopefully the New York Daily News may find a replacement for Red and Rover in the daily comics. Some contenders could be the new Crabgrass or maybe Garfield or a Tribune owned strip like Prickily City.

Darryl H

Jul 26, 2022, 7:57:25 AM7/26/22
Actually, the "Jump Start is on vacation" blurb is back while Jump Start takes Red and Rover's place as of 7/26/2022.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 27, 2022, 6:27:40 AM7/27/22
I was wondering after the recent run of "Curtis" reruns with the 2022 copyright date instead of the original year if any KFS strips will publicly be in reruns. We finally have one such announcement.

Attention ZITS Clients:

Jerry Scott and Jim Borgman are taking a two-week vacation. The dailies for the weeks of September 5-10 and September 12-17, 2022, and the Sundays for September 11 and September 18, 2022, are reader favorites that have been personally selected by Jerry and Jim.

Thank you,
King Features Editorial

Of course, I wouldn't expect the New York Daily News to run "Zits" those two weeks.

jdelac...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2022, 12:53:03 AM7/31/22
This Sunday's installment of Curtis (7/31/2022) is a rerun even though it still has the 2022 copyright date. I can tell it was a rerun because it has Curtis wearing his original hat (Seriously, King Features is okay with running Zits reruns - with presumably the original copyright year instead of the current one - but not Curtis reruns?!?!?)

Anyway, from looking it up in the Archives, the Sunday Curtis rerun originally ran on March 23, 2008.

https://www.newspapers.com/clip/106651632/tampa-bay-times/

Darryl H

Jul 31, 2022, 11:03:46 AM7/31/22
On Monday, July 25, 2022 at 6:07:52 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
Actually, as of Wednesday, July 27, 2022 the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb finally has shown in the 2 page NY Daily News daily comics!

And today's Red and Rover Sunday, July 31, 2022 strip is a 2019 rerun no matter what according to gocomics.

Darryl H

Jul 31, 2022, 11:10:48 AM7/31/22
On Monday, July 25, 2022 at 6:07:52 AM UTC-5, Darryl H wrote:
Another strip was in reruns the July 25-30, 2022 week: Mike Du Jour rerunning the July 27-August 2, 2020 "Fired by Limerick Week" strips - even when on August 1, 2022 Mike Du Jour leaves Washington Post Writers Group for Andrews-McMeel.

Darryl H

Jul 31, 2022, 11:13:40 AM7/31/22
The July 24, 2022 Sunday Mike Du Jour strip was also a rerun - from 2016.

Darryl H

Aug 1, 2022, 7:12:40 AM8/1/22
Week of August 1-6, 2022: Red and Rover enters week #3 in daily rerun mode of 2019 strips as Brian Bassett recovers from surgery 2.0 with the New York Daily News not carrying the rerun strips (and carries the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb).

Darryl H

Aug 8, 2022, 7:05:50 AM8/8/22
Week of August 8-13, 2022: Red and Rover enters week #4 in daily rerun mode of 2019 strips as Brian Bassett continues to recover from surgery 2.0 and once again the New York Daily News not carrying the rerun strips and even carrying the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb.

Darryl H

Aug 15, 2022, 7:11:32 AM8/15/22
Week of August 15-20, 2022:
* Red and Rover enters week #5 in daily rerun mode as Brian Bassett continues to recover from surgery 2.0 and once again the New York Daily News is not carrying the rerun week as it still has the "Red and Rover is on vacation" blurb.
* Argyle Sweater is in reruns from 2017 this week, but the New York Daily News is carrying the Argyle Sweater rerun week.

Darryl H

Aug 22, 2022, 7:06:13 AM8/22/22
As "Red and Rover" continues its rerun mode until September 12, 2022, Baldo is in a week of August 2019 reruns this week for August 22-28, 2022. And the New York Daily News is not carrying the rerun strips for "Red and Rover" and "Baldo" this week since they both have the on vacation blurb, and Mutts temporary moved up to Baldo's space in the New York Daily News comics for this week only.

Darryl H

Sep 4, 2022, 7:26:53 AM9/4/22
On Friday, December 31, 2021 at 5:57:14 AM UTC-6, Darryl H wrote:
> This is a placeholder for comic strips that have 2022 rerun weeks (Excludes 100% rerun 7 days a week Peanuts, For Better or For Worse, and I wish Andrews-McMeel withdrew the strip in 2022 from all newspapers Get Fuzzy. As well as daily Doonesbury now currently in 1996. Pickles may be an exception with off and on a few times a week rerun strips mixed in with new strips).

The Sunday, September 4, 2022 Brevity strip is a rerun from August 30, 2022.

Darryl H

Sep 4, 2022, 10:57:12 AM9/4/22
Also: The Sunday, September 4, 2022 Grand Avenue strip is a rerun from 2019.

Correction: The Sunday, September 4, 2022 Brevity strip is a rerun from August 30, 2020, not August 30, 2022.

Darryl H

Sep 5, 2022, 7:06:35 AM9/5/22
I know for the week of September 5-11, 2022 Zits starts its 2 week current rerun mode, and the New York Daily News has the "Zits is on vacation" blurb, same for "Red and Rover" (And "Red and Rover" resumes new episodes next week).
It is loading more messages.