Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking

Lynn McGuire

Jul 28, 2022, 1:30:33 PMJul 28
Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2022/07/28

We should be done soon.

Lynn

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Jul 28, 2022, 4:44:19 PMJul 28
In article <tbuh3g$3746o$2...@dont-email.me>,
http://columbiaclosings.com/wordpress/?p=6136
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Paul S Person

Jul 29, 2022, 11:56:29 AMJul 29
We were /supposed/ to be done this evening, but now we get at least
two more days.

Nothing like last year, though -- so far.

The weather app projects a /14 degree drop/ from a high of 90 on
Sunday to a high of 76 on Monday. We shall see. It will, of course,
drop eventually. By October it should be quite pleasant, if not cold
and wet.
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian

Robert Woodward

Jul 29, 2022, 12:59:27 PMJul 29
In article <1i08eh13buev0ue2r...@4ax.com>,
Paul S Person <pspe...@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:30:17 -0500, Lynn McGuire
> <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
> > https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2022/07/28
> >
> >We should be done soon.
>
> We were /supposed/ to be done this evening, but now we get at least
> two more days.
>
> Nothing like last year, though -- so far.
>
> The weather app projects a /14 degree drop/ from a high of 90 on
> Sunday to a high of 76 on Monday. We shall see. It will, of course,
> drop eventually. By October it should be quite pleasant, if not cold
> and wet.

This morning the Weather App (for Sea-Tac) projects 77F for Tuesday
(Monday in the low 80s). I suspect that by Sunday, the projection of
normal temperatures will slide to at least Wednesday.

Robert Woodward robe...@drizzle.com

Paul S Person

Jul 30, 2022, 12:15:44 PMJul 30
On Fri, 29 Jul 2022 09:59:23 -0700, Robert Woodward
<robe...@drizzle.com> wrote:

>In article <1i08eh13buev0ue2r...@4ax.com>,
> Paul S Person <pspe...@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 28 Jul 2022 12:30:17 -0500, Lynn McGuire
>> <lynnmc...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> >Over The Hedge: Heat Wave Cooking
>> > https://www.gocomics.com/overthehedge/2022/07/28
>> >
>> >We should be done soon.
>>
>> We were /supposed/ to be done this evening, but now we get at least
>> two more days.
>>
>> Nothing like last year, though -- so far.
>>
>> The weather app projects a /14 degree drop/ from a high of 90 on
>> Sunday to a high of 76 on Monday. We shall see. It will, of course,
>> drop eventually. By October it should be quite pleasant, if not cold
>> and wet.
>
>This morning the Weather App (for Sea-Tac) projects 77F for Tuesday
>(Monday in the low 80s). I suspect that by Sunday, the projection of
>normal temperatures will slide to at least Wednesday.

This ended a few years back, but for 5-10 years I experienced a
regular pattern in mid-May:

1, The temp would go up!
2. After a week of this I would convert from "cool" to "warm" [1]:
turn off the furnace, go to short-sleeve shirts, open a window and
install a folding screen.
3. We would then have two weeks of 60 degree weather, complete with
gray skies and drizzle (when not actually raining).

Well, I haven't opened that window or installed that screen. So I
wouldn't be surprised if it stayed at 90 all the way through
September, out of spite.

Speaking of which, we had a year where August lasted two weeks into
September -- and September lasted two weeks into October, weather-wise
anyway.

[1] Having lived in Northern Virginia and Germany for over a few years
while in the Army, I am well-aware of what having four seasons
actually looks like. Seattle has nothing of the sort. We have two
seasons, "cool" and "warm". The cool season does get cold from time to
time, and the warm season does get hot from time to time. But those
are transitory.