Dilbert: Dave Has Pronouns

Lynn McGuire

Jul 25, 2022, 2:48:26 PMJul 25
Dilbert: Dave Has Pronouns
https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-07-25

And here we go …

Lynn

Mark Jackson

Jul 25, 2022, 5:14:13 PMJul 25
The Rochester NY /Democrat and Chronicle/ (Gannett) reran a 2020 Dilbert
today, in their online edition at least. (Our actual paper wasn't
delivered this morning.)

--
Mark Jackson - https://mark-jackson.online/
Optimism is fine, at least until they start

Alan

Jul 25, 2022, 9:18:52 PMJul 25
"And here we go…"…

…what?

And why does it matter?

D.D.Degg

Jul 25, 2022, 11:06:28 PMJul 25

Dimensional Traveler

Jul 26, 2022, 12:16:31 AMJul 26
Extreme left politics versus extreme right politics.

dirty old man.

Darryl H

Jul 26, 2022, 6:27:36 AMJul 26
"Cause saying those nouns over and over can really wear you down" - All thanks to a Schoolhouse Rock character dealing with pronouns named Rufus Xavier Sasparilla.

Darryl H

Jul 26, 2022, 8:01:26 AMJul 26
This is the pronoun song I am talking about: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koZFca8AkT0

Dave Van Domelen

Jul 26, 2022, 1:01:00 PMJul 26
In article <tbnpqt$1nv7d$1...@dont-email.me>,
Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:
>On 7/25/2022 6:18 PM, Alan wrote:
>> On 2022-07-25 11:48, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>>> Dilbert: Dave Has Pronouns
>>>     https://dilbert.com/strip/2022-07-25
>>>
>>> And here we go …
>>>
>>> Lynn
>>>

>> "And here we go…"…
>>
>> …what?
>>
>> And why does it matter?
>
>Extreme left politics versus extreme right politics.

Well, extreme right politics versus what the extreme right THINKS is
extreme left politics.

Dave Van Domelen, not gonna read the strip, Adams has proven repeatedly
that he adds nothing of value to the world anymore, and is a net harm.

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Jul 26, 2022, 1:15:52 PMJul 26
dva...@eyrie.org (Dave Van Domelen) wrote in

> In article <tbnpqt$1nv7d$1...@dont-email.me>,
> Dimensional Traveler <dtr...@sonic.net> wrote:

>>> "And here we go…"…
>>>
>>> …what?
>>>
>>> And why does it matter?
>>
>>Extreme left politics versus extreme right politics.
>
> Well, extreme right politics versus what the extreme right
> THINKS is
> extreme left politics.

Or what you THINK is extreme right politics versus what you THINK
the right THINKS is extreme left politics.

Except, of course, applying the word THINK to what happens inside
your head ia crime against the English language.

> Dave Van Domelen, not gonna read the strip, Adams has
> proven repeatedly
> that he adds nothing of value to the world anymore, and is a net
> harm.

You are, of coruse, exactly what Adams is making fun of. And
rightly so.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Jul 26, 2022, 10:30:47 PMJul 26
In article <tbp6kb$nfr$1...@hope.eyrie.org>,
I'm liking the "Dave" character who is subversive in a different
way than Wally.
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Lynn McGuire

Jul 26, 2022, 10:37:03 PMJul 26
Wally is dead weight. Dave gets things done.

Both are very subversive.

Lynn

J. Clarke

Aug 13, 2022, 2:05:17 PMAug 13
I have been asked to provide pronouns at work. I haven't been able to
come up with any good ones. Anybody have suggestions?

Dorothy J Heydt

Aug 13, 2022, 2:35:52 PMAug 13
In article <ftpffhd1nh5k8nq3m...@4ax.com>,
J. Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> wrote:
>I have been asked to provide pronouns at work. I haven't been able to
>come up with any good ones. Anybody have suggestions?

(Hal Heydt)
It/that?

Dorothy worked on a story (never got finished, or--at least--not
to her satisfaction; whe was her own harshest critic) that
involved 4 genders. The pronouns were he, she, it and that.
This was *years* before people started picking the pronouns they
wanted applied to themselves. It was nearly as far back as when
she insisted that "Ms." was "Manuscript".

John W Kennedy

Aug 13, 2022, 6:02:29 PMAug 13
Back in the 60s, I read “A Voyage to Arcturus”. I had a severe problem
with the section in which the hero has an encounter with a person of
alien gender, because my language center simply refused to recognize
“ae”/“aer”/[objective absent] as a pronoun. I found that the best I
could do was pretend that it was the character's name.

--
John W. Kennedy
Algernon Burbage, Lord Roderick, Father Martin, Bishop Baldwin,

BCFD36

Aug 15, 2022, 6:50:54 PMAug 15
On 8/13/22 11:05, J. Clarke wrote:
[stuff deleted]

> I have been asked to provide pronouns at work.

I am finding this hard to believe.

--
Dave Scruggs
Captain, Boulder Creek Fire (Retired)

Lynn McGuire

Aug 15, 2022, 7:45:22 PMAug 15
On 8/15/2022 5:50 PM, BCFD36 wrote:
> On 8/13/22 11:05, J. Clarke wrote:
> [stuff deleted]
>>
>> I have been asked to provide pronouns at work.
>
> I am finding this hard to believe.

I do not. Especially a California firm in the Mountain View area.

Lynn

Titus G

Aug 16, 2022, 12:08:08 AMAug 16
On 16/08/22 10:50, BCFD36 wrote:
> On 8/13/22 11:05, J. Clarke wrote:
> [stuff deleted]
>>
>> I have been asked to provide pronouns at work.
>
> I am finding this hard to believe.

Do you believe that pronouns are lazy?

Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Aug 16, 2022, 5:38:34 PMAug 16
J. Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> wrote in

> I have been asked to provide pronouns at work. I haven't been
> able to come up with any good ones. Anybody have suggestions?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/I_Sexually_Identify_as_an_Attack_Helico
pter

https://tinyurl.com/2xubnuh7

BCFD36

Aug 16, 2022, 9:02:32 PMAug 16
Ok, I had no idea. I looked it up and OMG!!! My apologies for doubting
you. My mind is boggled.

Just for reference, mine are the standard pronouns for someone with XY
chromosomes.

Lynn McGuire

Aug 17, 2022, 2:05:48 PMAug 17
On 8/16/2022 8:02 PM, BCFD36 wrote:
> On 8/15/22 16:45, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> On 8/15/2022 5:50 PM, BCFD36 wrote:
>>> On 8/13/22 11:05, J. Clarke wrote:
>>> [stuff deleted]

>>> I am finding this hard to believe.
>>
>> I do not.  Especially a California firm in the Mountain View area.
>>
>> Lynn
>>

> Ok, I had no idea. I looked it up and OMG!!! My apologies for doubting
> you. My mind is boggled.
>
> Just for reference, mine are the standard pronouns for someone with XY
> chromosomes.

Dorothy maintained that we are heading towards they / them as universal
pronouns in the next 100 years or so. I suspect that she is correct.

Lynn

Dorothy J Heydt

Aug 17, 2022, 2:25:57 PMAug 17
In article <tdjalq$gmm3$2...@dont-email.me>,
(Hal Heydt)
Sounds plausible to me. Both as something she would have
predicted as well as the prediction itself.

In Graydon Saunders' _Commonweal_ books (which I recommend),
they/them is standard for non-intimate conversations.

Quinn C

Aug 17, 2022, 11:22:38 PMAug 17
* BCFD36:

> On 8/15/22 16:45, Lynn McGuire wrote:
>> On 8/15/2022 5:50 PM, BCFD36 wrote:
>>> On 8/13/22 11:05, J. Clarke wrote:
>>> [stuff deleted]

>>> I am finding this hard to believe.
>>
>> I do not.  Especially a California firm in the Mountain View area.
>>
>> Lynn
>>
> Ok, I had no idea. I looked it up and OMG!!! My apologies for doubting
> you. My mind is boggled.
>
> Just for reference, mine are the standard pronouns for someone with XY
> chromosomes.

How would I know your chromosomes? I don't even know mine. It's not a
standard test.

I do know my blood type now, but didn't up to about age 30.

.sig chosen manually, exceptionally
--
If someone has a penis (or we think they have a penis) we use
he/him/his pronouns and treat them like a boy/man. If someone

Thomas Koenig

Aug 29, 2022, 2:11:17 AMAug 29
J Clarke <jclarke...@gmail.com> schrieb:

> I have been asked to provide pronouns at work. I haven't been able to
> come up with any good ones. Anybody have suggestions?

Just read this (translated).

"Although I was born visible, I identify as trans-parent.
My personal pronouns are who/where".