Nine things from the Wonder Woman tv show we want to see in the movie

1 view

Ubiquitous

Oct 1, 2015, 8:11:18 PM10/1/15
Wonder Woman is returning to the big screen. First, we'll see Gal Godot suit up
as the superhero in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice this spring. But that
looks to be a side role in showdown between two pop culture mammoths.
Thankfully, Wonder Woman will finally get her own solo film in 2017, forty-two
years after she appeared on a hit television series starring Lynda Carter.
There are sacred elements of the comic book character that must be included in
her live-action iteration — the bullet-deflecting bracelets, the Lasso of
Truth, the traditional costume. From what we've seen in trailers, Warner Bros.
has delivered.

Rumor has it that the upcoming Wonder Woman film takes place in the past,
perhaps during World War I. We like that idea. After all, the 1970s TV show
initially took place during World War II. That's not the only good idea that
can be mined from from the classic action hour. Here are nine more things from
the television show we'd love to see in the movie.

1. Her blue diving suit

This sleek number pops up a few times, notably in "The Bermuda Triangle Crisis"
and "The Deadly Dolphin." If she's going to team up with Aquaman, she should
put it on. Oh, and that reminds us of another thing we want to see. Spinning!

2. Her invisible plane

Anyone who grew up watching the Super Friends cartoon will demand this as well.
The see-through airplane actually dates all the way back to 1942 in the comic
books. It was hardly seen (heh) in the TV show, because of budgets, but it
feels like an essential part of the canon now.

3. Paradise Island

Origin stories are an inevitable part of superhero tales, so we will likely get
a glimpse of Diana's home. But it would be a cool nod to shoot the scenes at
The Arboretum of Los Angeles County, just as the television production did.

4. Her disguise

In that origin story, we stand a good chance of seeing the moment when Diana
sports a disguise to enter a competition to take Steve Trevor home. Hippolyta,
Diana's mother, does not want her daughter taking such a mission. A nod to this
nifty Olympian-like costume would be a nice touch — and a dream for cosplayers.

5. Her motorcycle

While not quite Ghost Rider (or Batgirl for that matter), Wonder Woman
nevertheless has often been astride a two-wheeler often in her seven decade
crime-fighting career. We especially dig the gold helmet and red boots (paired
with the blue suit) from the original series.

6. Her tiara used as a boomerang

She wasn't wearing it for looks.
http://metv.com/assets/images/Wonder_Woman_Using_Her_Tiara_as_a_Boomerang.gif

7. Rover

The IADC (Inter-Agency Defense Command) featured the artificial intelligence
computer the IRAC (Information Retrieval Associative Computer). While both of
those acronyms would be welcome in the movie, we really want to see Rover,
IRAC's little helper. Sure, this little guy was mostly a mail carrier, but look
at what BB-8 has done for Star Wars.

8. Disco

If the 2017 Wonder Woman movie takes place during WWI, and Batman v Superman is
set in the present, it stands to reason that Diana was kicking around for a
century. And that includes the 1970s. At some point, we want to watch the
goddess pass through the disco age. The funky theme song should make a cameo
too, please. Throw in Ed Begley, Jr. and we'll pay for it twice.

9. Lynda Carter, of course

Duh. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is big on heartwarming cameos, sticking Stan
Lee in everything. DC should honor the woman that defined Wonder Woman and give
her a role. Who better to play Hippolyta? Bonus points if they have her sing.
She made a great album, you know.

---
In the War on Women, Hillary fought an entire platoon of sexually
abused females on behalf of Bill.

anim8rfsk

Oct 1, 2015, 10:12:52 PM10/1/15
In article <n00rqs$bf9$2...@dont-email.me>,
Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net> wrote:

> Wonder Woman is returning to the big screen. First, we'll see Gal Godot suit
> up
> as the superhero in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice this spring. But that

What you mean 'we' White Eyes? I wouldn't watch this crapfest with your
pupils.

> looks to be a side role in showdown between two pop culture mammoths.
> Thankfully, Wonder Woman will finally get her own solo film in 2017,
> forty-two
> years after she appeared on a hit television series starring Lynda Carter.

Thankful ain't the word. "Unfortunately" would be beer here.

> There are sacred elements of the comic book character that must be included
> in
> her live-action iteration — the bullet-deflecting bracelets, the Lasso of
> Truth, the traditional costume. From what we've seen in trailers, Warner
> Bros.
> has delivered.

Okay, that's just nonsense.

> Rumor has it that the upcoming Wonder Woman film takes place in the past,
> perhaps during World War I. We like that idea.

Then you're stupid, since WW didn't leave the island until WW2.

After all, the 1970s TV show
> initially took place during World War II. That's not the only good idea that
> can be mined from from the classic action hour. Here are nine more things
> from
> the television show we'd love to see in the movie.
>
> 1. Her blue diving suit
>
> This sleek number pops up a few times, notably in "The Bermuda Triangle
> Crisis"
> and "The Deadly Dolphin." If she's going to team up with Aquaman, she should
> put it on. Oh, and that reminds us of another thing we want to see. Spinning!

Is this supposed to be sarcastic?
--
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu......

Bill Steele

Oct 5, 2015, 5:45:37 PM10/5/15
On 10/1/15 8:05 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> Wonder Woman is returning to the big screen. First, we'll see Gal Godot suit up
> as the superhero in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice this spring. But that
> looks to be a side role in showdown between two pop culture mammoths.
> Thankfully, Wonder Woman will finally get her own solo film in 2017, forty-two
> years after she appeared on a hit television series starring Lynda Carter.
> There are sacred elements of the comic book character that must be included in
> her live-action iteration — the bullet-deflecting bracelets, the Lasso of
> Truth, the traditional costume. From what we've seen in trailers, Warner Bros.
> has delivered.
>
> Rumor has it that the upcoming Wonder Woman film takes place in the past,
> perhaps during World War I. We like that idea. After all, the 1970s TV show
> initially took place during World War II. That's not the only good idea that
> can be mined from from the classic action hour. Here are nine more things from
> the television show we'd love to see in the movie.
>
> 1. Her blue diving suit
>
> This sleek number pops up a few times, notably in "The Bermuda Triangle Crisis"
> and "The Deadly Dolphin." If she's going to team up with Aquaman, she should
> put it on. Oh, and that reminds us of another thing we want to see. Spinning!

The spiinning was something they made up to avoid having her step into a
phone booth. They carried it too far. there was an episode in which, as
Diana Prince, she was captured and chained or something so she couldn't
spin, so she couldn't change and apparently had no powers without doing
that. Nonsense. What is she, Mary Marvel?

> 2. Her invisible plane
>
> Anyone who grew up watching the Super Friends cartoon will demand this as well.
> The see-through airplane actually dates all the way back to 1942 in the comic
> books. It was hardly seen (heh) in the TV show, because of budgets, but it
> feels like an essential part of the canon now.

Every superhero hs to have a wy to get to where the ation is.Since she
can't fly at supersonic speeds like like Superman, yes, we need the
plane. (Why Amazon culture would produce such a mach8ine is left to the
imagination.)

> 3. Paradise Island
>
> Origin stories are an inevitable part of superhero tales, so we will likely get
> a glimpse of Diana's home. But it would be a cool nod to shoot the scenes at
> The Arboretum of Los Angeles County, just as the television production did.
Definitely.

> 4. Her disguise
>
> In that origin story, we stand a good chance of seeing the moment when Diana
> sports a disguise to enter a competition to take Steve Trevor home. Hippolyta,
> Diana's mother, does not want her daughter taking such a mission. A nod to this
> nifty Olympian-like costume would be a nice touch — and a dream for cosplayers.
And very true to the original origin story. Emphasizes her mother's
disapproval -- which was based on dislike for men, and that's an
important part of the legend.

> 5. Her motorcycle
>
> While not quite Ghost Rider (or Batgirl for that matter), Wonder Woman
> nevertheless has often been astride a two-wheeler often in her seven decade
> crime-fighting career. We especially dig the gold helmet and red boots (paired
> with the blue suit) from the original series.

No such in the comics.

> 6. Her tiara used as a boomerang
>
> She wasn't wearing it for looks.
> http://metv.com/assets/images/Wonder_Woman_Using_Her_Tiara_as_a_Boomerang.gif

Another TV invention, IIRC, ans brings up unfortunate thoughts of Sailor
Moon.

> 7. Rover
>
> The IADC (Inter-Agency Defense Command) featured the artificial intelligence
> computer the IRAC (Information Retrieval Associative Computer). While both of
> those acronyms would be welcome in the movie, we really want to see Rover,
> IRAC's little helper. Sure, this little guy was mostly a mail carrier, but look
> at what BB-8 has done for Star Wars.
>
> 8. Disco
>
> If the 2017 Wonder Woman movie takes place during WWI, and Batman v Superman is
> set in the present, it stands to reason that Diana was kicking around for a
> century. And that includes the 1970s. At some point, we want to watch the
> goddess pass through the disco age. The funky theme song should make a cameo
> too, please. Throw in Ed Begley, Jr. and we'll pay for it twice.\

WWI doesn't give us American flyers over the Pacific, or Nazis who have
to be overcome.

> 9. Lynda Carter, of course
>
> Duh. The Marvel Cinematic Universe is big on heartwarming cameos, sticking Stan
> Lee in everything. DC should honor the woman that defined Wonder Woman and give
> her a role. Who better to play Hippolyta? Bonus points if they have her sing.
> She made a great album, you know.

A logical suggestion, with a former Flash playing the current Flash's
father, Adam West voicing Bruce Wayne's father in the animated series,
Noel Neill as Lois Lane's mother, and a few other examples.

anim8rfsk

Oct 5, 2015, 6:44:23 PM10/5/15
In article <jbOdnetTjv4dco_L...@earthlink.com>,
Bill Steele <ws...@cornel.edu> wrote:

> On 10/1/15 8:05 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> > Wonder Woman is returning to the big screen. First, we'll see Gal Godot
> > suit up
> > as the superhero in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice this spring. But
> > that
> > looks to be a side role in showdown between two pop culture mammoths.
> > Thankfully, Wonder Woman will finally get her own solo film in 2017,
> > forty-two
> > years after she appeared on a hit television series starring Lynda Carter.
> > There are sacred elements of the comic book character that must be included
> > in
> > her live-action iteration ã the bullet-deflecting bracelets, the Lasso of
> > Truth, the traditional costume. From what we've seen in trailers, Warner
> > Bros.
> > has delivered.
> >
> > Rumor has it that the upcoming Wonder Woman film takes place in the past,
> > perhaps during World War I. We like that idea. After all, the 1970s TV show
> > initially took place during World War II. That's not the only good idea
> > that
> > can be mined from from the classic action hour. Here are nine more things
> > from
> > the television show we'd love to see in the movie.
> >
> > 1. Her blue diving suit
> >
> > This sleek number pops up a few times, notably in "The Bermuda Triangle
> > Crisis"
> > and "The Deadly Dolphin." If she's going to team up with Aquaman, she
> > should
> > put it on. Oh, and that reminds us of another thing we want to see.
> > Spinning!
>
> The spiinning was something they made up to avoid having her step into a
> phone booth. They carried it too far. there was an episode in which, as
> Diana Prince, she was captured and chained or something so she couldn't
> spin, so she couldn't change and apparently had no powers without doing
> that. Nonsense. What is she, Mary Marvel?

She also can't control it. If you spin her, she changes, whether she
wants to or not. I'd love to see them put her on the teacups at
Disneyland.

--
SUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUZZEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEQUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuu......