DC Universe's Titans Shuts Down Production After Crew Member Killed During Stunt

Ubiquitous

Jul 21, 2019, 4:29:41 AM7/21/19
Tragedy struck on the set of the second season of Titans for DC
Universe. According to a new report from TMZ, special effects
coordinator Warren Appleby passed away after being struck by a heavy
object while filming the series.

According to the report, the incident took place at a test facility
where the crew tests the process for the stunts they plan to enact on
the screen. After they work out how the stunt will be executed and
filmed, they then carry that plan over to the production.

The report states that the stunt included a car flipping over on its
side, but that a piece of shrapnel flew off and struck the crew member
in the head. TMZ states that authorities in Toronto, where Titans is
filmed, indicated that Appleby died en route to the hospital.

Warner Bros. Television issued a statement in the wake of Appleby's
tragic passing.

"We are heartbroken and devastated by the passing of our treasured
colleague, special effects coordinator Warren Appleby, after an
accident which occurred at a special effects facility during the
preparation and testing for an upcoming shoot. Warren is beloved by all
who worked with him during an impressive 25-year career in television
and motion pictures. The executive producers, along with everyone, in
the Titans family, Warner Bros. Television Group and DC UNIVERSE, wish
to express our deepest condolences, and heartfelt love and support, to
Warren's family and friends at this most difficult time."

Production on Season 2 of Titans has been shut down temporarily, and is
reportedly resuming in two days. Canada's Ministry of Labour is now
investigating the incident.

Titans Season 2 does not yet have a release date.

--
Watching Democrats come up with schemes to "catch Trump" is like
watching Wile E. Coyote trying to catch Road Runner.