Grupos de Google ya no admite nuevas publicaciones ni suscripciones de Usenet. El contenido anterior sigue siendo visible.

MISC: Lee Tennant bankrupt

Visto 17 veces
Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

SCED...@news.delphi.com

no leída,
13 ene 1995, 1:30:2913/1/95
mor...@fnalv.fnal.gov (Cruelmo de Ville) writes:

>I'm probably the last person to know about this, but I learned yesterday
>that Lee Tennant, Chicago area retailer and owner of the subscription
>service Lee Tennant Enterprises, is declaring personal and professional
>bankruptcy effective immediately. Existing preorders will go unfilled

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the second time in the last ten
years thahat Tennant has filed for bankruptcy? I remember him doing it
before he opened Heroland on 111th. street. Does Lee still own the
shop? If so, what effect will this have on the shop?

scott c.

Cruelmo de Ville

no leída,
13 ene 1995, 14:06:3013/1/95

Last I was in Heroland, Lee still owned it, but that was at least two years
ago.

As I understand it, Lee came very very close to declaring bankruptcy around
the summer of '88 when one of his assistants ripped him off for something
like a quarter of a million bucks. This was a time when Lee's customers
were complaining about no response to their complaints, packages were
getting "lost", etc.
--
"In spite of the cost of living, it's still popular."
--Kathleen Norris

elmo (mor...@physics.rice.edu,mor...@fnal.fnal.gov)

pho...@worf.infonet.net

no leída,
13 ene 1995, 11:37:0013/1/95
SC>mor...@fnalv.fnal.gov (Cruelmo de Ville) writes:

SC>>I'm probably the last person to know about this, but I learned yesterday
SC>>that Lee Tennant, Chicago area retailer and owner of the subscription
SC>>service Lee Tennant Enterprises, is declaring personal and professional
SC>>bankruptcy effective immediately. Existing preorders will go unfilled

I placed a couple of orders with Lee Tennant. Over the course of a year and
a half I argued and feuded with them to get everything I ordered. I don't
recall now if I ever got it *all*. After all that time, one day I was
sitting there and got three copies of the Perez gold-signed Infinity Gauntlet
#1 issue.

I can see why they went bankrupt.

On a related note, has anyone noticed how the lousy ETM/American Entertainment
service has really improved on making their shipments? I would have thought
they would go under by now, but instead they fixed (from what I've seen around
here) their horrendous shipping problems. That's one big point for them.
Now if only their prices were reasonable...

Brian

0 mensajes nuevos