Which two X-People Would you like to see together

Daniel McEwen

May 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/27/96

Alleigh wrote:

> Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda
> of like Bobby and Emma. They seem to need each other. I liked the
> scene when Emma helped Bobby after he transformed back when he had a
> whole in his chest.
> Hmm...a clear opening? Can in be? OK, you asked for it! Bobby and
Gambit!

<Ducks and runs away>

Hey, _someone_ had to say it! :)

--
Daniel
djmc...@earthlink.net

Alleigh

May 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/28/96

Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda
of like Bobby and Emma. They seem to need each other. I liked the
scene when Emma helped Bobby after he transformed back when he had a
whole in his chest.

Jennifer

Rogue : Boomer, gal, Hate at tell you sugah --
Boomer : C'mon -- c'mon -- feel it Rogue --
Rogue : -- your Plasma Bombs don't do diddly 'gainst me!
* from X-Force #16

Krista Schneidereit

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

In <4odtsf$f...@news-f.iadfw.net> rudi...@airmail.net (Alleigh) writes:

>Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda
>of like Bobby and Emma. They seem to need each other. I liked the
>scene when Emma helped Bobby after he transformed back when he had a
>whole in his chest.

*sigh* Boo if you want to, but no matter what, I will always be a
loyal Rogue & Remy fan.

B. R. Gibbons

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96
>*grin* Too right! At least there was some sort of interesting factor here...I really want them in a comic again ( can't wait for xmen 55! )

Alleigh

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

kjs...@ix.netcom.com(Krista Schneidereit) wrote:

>In <4odtsf$f...@news-f.iadfw.net> rudi...@airmail.net (Alleigh) writes:

>>Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda
>>of like Bobby and Emma. They seem to need each other. I liked the
>>scene when Emma helped Bobby after he transformed back when he had a
>>whole in his chest.
>>
>*sigh* Boo if you want to, but no matter what, I will always be a
>loyal Rogue & Remy fan.

I too, will always want Rogue and Gambit together.

Anybody else think it is interesting that Jean and Scott are the only
couple that is always together. Even in What If.. stories they end up
together even if they didn't start out that way. It made me mad when
they had Jean and Scott end up together (sort of) in AOA.

The rest of the X-People fall in love break up and then hate the other
for all eternity but not Jean and Scott.

Jennifer

Yeah, that's right, it's me! Five monthly titles of my own aren't
enough, so now I'm taking over THIS one! You got a PROBLEM with
that? - Spider-Man Excalibur #53

Roberta G.

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

B. R. Gibbons wrote:

> kjs...@ix.netcom.com(Krista Schneidereit) wrote:
> >In <4odtsf$f...@news-f.iadfw.net> rudi...@airmail.net (Alleigh) writes:
> >

> >>Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda
> >>of like Bobby and Emma. They seem to need each other. I liked the
> >>scene when Emma helped Bobby after he transformed back when he had a
> >>whole in his chest.
> >>
> >*sigh* Boo if you want to, but no matter what, I will always be a
> >loyal Rogue & Remy fan.
> >>
> >*grin* Too right! At least there was some sort of interesting factor here...I really want them in a comic again ( can't wait for xmen 55! )
>
> >I've got two choices. Sean and Emma. This has been itching to happen
since the very beginning (Generation Next crossover), but especially
since the issue with the infamous Emma-sans-sheet episode. Since they
both have hot tempers (and passions?) it could be quite interesting.

My second choice is Erik and Rogue, ever since AOA. I was a dyed in the
wool Remy and Rogue fan, but since their break-up, well...At least some
action seems to be happening on this front. Will this timeline's Erik be
able to touch her too? I guess we'll see.

-Roberta-

HaloInfini

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

Someone posted a questionnaire here on RACMX last week asking assorted
stuff.
One of them was "Who are the best looking mutants?" My friends (of both
sexes) finally decided on Havok (Alex Summers)of X-factor & Domino
(Beatrice ???]) of X-Force. Kinda interesting couple since Havok &
Polaris aren't really seeing each other anymore & Cable has been too busy
to give Dom a second glance (& it looks like Domino doesn't like how close
Storm & Cable are of late). You could have X-force try & break out Havok
(ala XF #55 with Cyclops) & it's a rebound-relationship at first
site...But then, I'm sure someone of you will be nauseated at the very
thought of these two together...

"Caliban likes you, Patch-Eye. Thinks you're funny."
"Swell."

Heng Miang Hui

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

: > >>Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda

: > >>of like Bobby and Emma. They seem to need each other. I liked the
: > >>scene when Emma helped Bobby after he transformed back when he had a
: > >>whole in his chest.

(snip)

: > >I've got two choices. Sean and Emma. This has been itching to happen

: since the very beginning (Generation Next crossover), but especially
: since the issue with the infamous Emma-sans-sheet episode. Since they
: both have hot tempers (and passions?) it could be quite interesting.

DAMN! Thats two good choices. Which do I want??? Personally, I'd say
Bobby & Emma (that would be the most interesting relationship since the
Rogue-Gambit thing) but Sean & Emma is much more possible. AND it has been
itching to happen, just wonder when can we scratch it?

: My second choice is Erik and Rogue, ever since AOA. I was a dyed in the

: wool Remy and Rogue fan, but since their break-up, well...At least some
: action seems to be happening on this front. Will this timeline's Erik be
: able to touch her too? I guess we'll see.

: -Roberta-

It has been promised to be a three-pointer.

Marissa

Ryan Jones

May 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/29/96

Personally, I would like to see Beast and Threnody get together.
There was a hint of flirtation back in the issue of X-Men where he Gambit
and Rogue infiltrated Sinister's base. Besides Hank could use some romance!
Other interesting combos.......Wolverine and Storm!
Douglock and Rahne
Quicksilver and Val Cooper
Polaris and Collosus
Cool love triangles..............Val/Pietro/Crystal
Storm/Wolvie/Elektra
Iceman/Firestar/Justice
Gambit/Rogue/Magneto
Douglock/Rahne/Alastair???

Just some ideas.....................................Tylendel

Don Jarvis

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

I would like to see two X-people together, as the result of a
failed, altered, or messed up teleport (like the tuvix episode
of voyager)

Jessica Murray

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

In article <4odtsf$f...@news-f.iadfw.net>, rudi...@airmail.net says...

>Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda

I'd like to see Storm and Logan together. I mean, they've already raised
a teenager together.

--Jessica Murray
Coming soon: the AnimaniX-Men
"Are you pondering what I'm pondering, IceMouse?"
"I think so, White Brain, but Vicks VapoRub enrages muskrats so."

Ian Foster

May 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/30/96

someone who I've lost track of wrote:

: : > >I've got two choices. Sean and Emma. This has been itching to happen

: : since the very beginning (Generation Next crossover), but especially
: : since the issue with the infamous Emma-sans-sheet episode. Since they
: : both have hot tempers (and passions?) it could be quite interesting.

Yup, this could be quite a good one to see, with two minor points to make

1) It would be a _little_ too obvious even for Lobdell, and would take
some good writing to pull off.

2) I think it would work better if both Sean and Emma were written at
their correct ages, as Lobdell seems to have forgotten that Sean is currently
barking around the fifty mark, and Emma's got that hill looming on the near
horizon.

Of course, the way things are going we'd probably get a three-way thing
including Paige, for the simple reason that Sean, like us readers, would have
difficulty telling them apart. <sigh>

Phil - who preferred Sean when he was powerless, anyway...

--

// Ian Phillip Foster \\
\\ ia...@cogs.susx.ac.uk //

John B 821

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

In article <4oko8s$i...@news.monad.net>, Don Jarvis <ma...@top.monad.net>
writes:

>I would like to see two X-people together, as the result of a
>failed, altered, or messed up teleport (like the tuvix episode
>of voyager)

How about if they do it to Doug and Warlock?

Been there, done that.

Also:

Rogue/Carol
Cable/Stryfe

Magneto/ProfX (maybe)

etc.

-
"If I wanted to hear from a nostril, I would have sneezed."

Roland X

May 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/31/96

In article <4odtsf$f...@news-f.iadfw.net>, Alle...@aol.com wrote:

> Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda

> of like Bobby and Emma. They seem to need each other. I liked the
> scene when Emma helped Bobby after he transformed back when he had a
> whole in his chest.

You may all think I'm nuts, but...Magneto (the REAL Mags, not the
enjoyable-but-boring podboy in XMU #10 ) and Mystique. This thought
first came to me after seeing them in action together in the cartoon
series, specifically the 'Beyond Good and Evil' storyline. Yes, it's a
completely different timeline, but they would make an awesome pair,
both as warriors and lovers. This would also appease the Remy/Rogue
fans (personally, I don't see it) while keeping EVERYONE on edge...would
YOU sleep easy at night knowing that this deadly duo was an item? Sure,
they're supposedly reformed, but they were both leaders of Brotherhoods
of Evil Mutants, one flick of Maggie's wrist and no more implant, and
both believe in mutant rights with the closed fist, not the open hand...
...on the other hand, maybe they could reach the tenderness in one
another. Who knows?
--
Roland X, Freelance Immortal
"Do not become your enemy to defeat your enemy."

Elizabeth Celeste

Jun 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/1/96

On 29 May 1996, Ryan Jones wrote:

> Cool love triangles..............Val/Pietro/Crystal
(Maybe not on this one. It's pretty clear that Pietro and Crystal love
each other, they just can't stand spending time together. And thanks to
Val's most recent lobotomy.....

> Storm/Wolvie/Elektra

Nah. Electra would never date Wolvie. Too much hair. She's just using him
to get ehr own series launched.

> Iceman/Firestar/Justice
This one fascinates me. Would it be Iceman and Justice fighting over
Firestar, or, as I would prefer to see it, Firestar and Iceman fighting
over Justice?

> Gambit/Rogue/Magneto

Arrghhhhhhh!!!! Not again. I do not have the strenght of will to deal
with this agian. What should happen, is Mags prompltly turns 60 again,
gets his memories back, and ditches Rogue for someone his own age.

Then Gambit jumps off a cliff and dies.

Rogue gets her brain back and ditches all of them

> Douglock/Rahne/Alastair???
Nah. It would be like the triangle of the damned, as nobaody would ever
figure out what the others were thinking, or get it all to make sense.

It would feature a lot of crying.

Eliz
Keeper of the Dead ENw Mutants Flame
Warrior Princess, U of F
Off to make breakfast

Robert J. Brimeyer

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

Alleigh (rudi...@airmail.net) wrote:
: Which two characters would you like to see as a couple? I would kinda
: of like Bobby and Emma. They seem to need each other. I liked the
: scene when Emma helped Bobby after he transformed back when he had a
: whole in his chest.

: Jennifer

: Rogue : Boomer, gal, Hate at tell you sugah --
: Boomer : C'mon -- c'mon -- feel it Rogue --
: Rogue : -- your Plasma Bombs don't do diddly 'gainst me!
: * from X-Force #16

I agree on the Emma and Bobby thing. They look like they would
work, but having a girlfriend who can read your mind would suck. Oh well,
it's iceman's call. I would also like to see Storm and Breast together.
Now don't jump to conclusions, but Hank is a great guy. Sure he may have
some problems (covered in all that fur), but Storm is just the person who
would look past the physical appearance and more into whats inside. Plus,
it would be an interesting relationship. Or have Storm get together with
the Dark beast, and then when he is finally killed off (please let it be
soon) it would create a wierd position for Storm and the regular Beast.

Elizabeth Celeste

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

On Fri, 31 May 1996, Roland X wrote:

> You may all think I'm nuts, but...Magneto (the REAL Mags, not the
> enjoyable-but-boring podboy in XMU #10 ) and Mystique. This thought

Enjoyable is being charitable to the man.

I like this idea my self- but the commentary is below.

> first came to me after seeing them in action together in the cartoon
> series, specifically the 'Beyond Good and Evil' storyline. Yes, it's a
> completely different timeline, but they would make an awesome pair,
> both as warriors and lovers. This would also appease the Remy/Rogue
> fans (personally, I don't see it) while keeping EVERYONE on edge...would

How would this appease the Remy Rogue fans? It would just get mroe
confusing, as Rogue's husband froma n alterate timeline, is not sleeping
with her mother, and essentially her step father.

Not that I am arguing for Rogue and Gambit or Rogue and Mags actually.

> YOU sleep easy at night knowing that this deadly duo was an item? Sure,
> they're supposedly reformed, but they were both leaders of Brotherhoods
> of Evil Mutants, one flick of Maggie's wrist and no more implant, and
> both believe in mutant rights with the closed fist, not the open hand...
> ...on the other hand, maybe they could reach the tenderness in one
> another. Who knows?

Well, there are two basic problems with this.

1. Magneto and Mystique don't like each other. At all. Mystique has been
fighting against Mags at almost every turn.

2. They are both currently pod people.

3. If Magneto and Mystiwue truely put their minds to it, ans worked
together, they could easily rule the world. And it would be a good rule.
But, because of that they are far to dangerous to be an item.

Eliz
Keeping the Dead NEw Mutants
Crowded House has ceased to be.
I am very upset.

Lord of deXness

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

In article <4p04c2$k...@huron.eel.ufl.edu> afn3...@afn.org (Robert J. Brimeyer) writes:

>I would also like to see Storm and Breast together.
>Now don't jump to conclusions, [...]

Kinda hard not to. ;)

deX!

John B 821

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

Brimeyer) writes:

>Oh well,
>it's iceman's call. I would also like to see Storm and Breast together.

Is that an Image character?

Katharine Weizel

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

In article <4p1qs1$2...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>,

John B 821 <john...@aol.com> wrote:
>In article <4p04c2$k...@huron.eel.ufl.edu>, afn3...@afn.org (Robert J.
>Brimeyer) writes:
>
>>Oh well,
>>it's iceman's call. I would also like to see Storm and Breast together.
>
>Is that an Image character?

Nah, it's Yukio's new codename after getting Liefeld / BadGirl
treatment.

kate.
-snicker- >laugh<

Daniel McEwen

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

ROTFLOL! Oh, Kate, that's a good one! Hmm...and this works with
Claremont's original thoughts on Storm, too!

--
Daniel
djmc...@earthlink.net

Sharpn

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

Robert J. Brimeyer wrote:

> I meant Beast if you could not tell. I sorry. Sheesh.

We could tell. It was just so much more fun to pretend we didn't.
Spoilsport!

> Robert
> "who wants the mutant power to give people icecream headaches"

And we're willing to let you have it.

Robert J. Brimeyer

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

Daniel McEwen (djmc...@earthlink.net) wrote:

: --
: Daniel
: djmc...@earthlink.net

I meant Beast if you could not tell. I sorry. Sheesh.

Robert

Elizabeth Celeste

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

On 30 May 1996, Ian Foster wrote:

(On the subject of Banshee and Emma)

> Yup, this could be quite a good one to see, with two minor points to make
>
> 1) It would be a _little_ too obvious even for Lobdell, and would take
> some good writing to pull off.

This is Xbooks. There is no such thing as too obvious. Ever. And why let
a little thing like writing quality stand in the way of a good time?

> 2) I think it would work better if both Sean and Emma were written at
> their correct ages, as Lobdell seems to have forgotten that Sean is currently
> barking around the fifty mark, and Emma's got that hill looming on the near
> horizon.

Yeppers. No matter how much they try, Sean can't be retconned any younger
then his late 40's. More realisticly he's in his early 50's. But that's
beside the point. Terry is useful for somthing- in this case keeping her
father old.

> Of course, the way things are going we'd probably get a three-way thing
> including Paige, for the simple reason that Sean, like us readers, would have
> difficulty telling them apart. <sigh>

Sigh. I think this was a fanfic somewhere. What if Val Cooper visited?
Hours of fun, games, and face slapping.

> Phil - who preferred Sean when he was powerless, anyway...

You, me, and Moira McTaggart.

Actully after all that time put in as Moira's live in love, Sean is
probably the best prepared in the xbooks for dating Emma.

I mean, except for the telepathy, Emma and Moira have remarkably similar
personalities. Moira spent 50 issues possessed by the Shadow King. Did
Sean notice?

Eliz
Keeper of the Dead NEw Mutants Flame

Warrior Princess, U of F

Jeffrey D Picka

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

Elizabeth Celeste <jub...@grove.ufl.edu> writes:

: I mean, except for the telepathy, Emma and Moira have remarkably similar

: personalities. Moira spent 50 issues possessed by the Shadow King. Did
: Sean notice?

Yes, he did eventually. IIRC, there was a scene with Forge and Sean
looking at a monitor and discussing her change in temprement, just
before Masque went and changed Jean into an octopus. Sean referred to
his beloved at that point using Claremont's alleged Celtic term for a
beloved that sounded like the name of a Albanian politician.

JDP
Jeff Picka pi...@galton.uchicago.edu
There are times when reality becomes too complex for Oral Communication.
But legend gives it a form by which it pervades the entire world. (Alpha 60)

Daniel McEwen

Jun 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/5/96

Elizabeth Celeste wrote:

> On 30 May 1996, Ian Foster wrote:

> > Phil - who preferred Sean when he was powerless, anyway...
>
> You, me, and Moira McTaggart.

> No kidding. I was just re-reading the beginning of the Dark Phoenix Saga
TPB. It talks about how Moira's recovering from the loss of her husband
and son. Sean says he can't possibly leave Moira in this state. But
when Moira's dying? Ah, screw 'er, she can take care of herself!

--
Daniel
djmc...@earthlink.net

Mike zimbouski

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

Ian Foster (ia...@cogs.susx.ac.uk) wrote:
: 1) It would be a _little_ too obvious even for Lobdell, and would take

: some good writing to pull off.

: 2) I think it would work better if both Sean and Emma were written at

: their correct ages, as Lobdell seems to have forgotten that Sean is currently
: barking around the fifty mark, and Emma's got that hill looming on the near
: horizon.

3) It would make Sean as big a scumbag as Scott. Throwing over your longtime
terminally ill lover for someone younger, prettier and meaner is the kind of
reprehensible act best left for Speakers of the House.

Mike Z
--
Whatever.

Alleigh

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

tr...@bu.edu (Mike zimbouski) wrote:

Not as big as a scumbag as Scott. Remember not only did Scott leave
his wife, but he left his child also. Moira and Sean aren't married
with a infant son.So Sean would only be half the scumbag Scott is,
besides the current writers probably forgot that Sean and Moira are
lovers. I was thinking Moira and Sean were not such a hot item
anymore, I could be wrong.

Jennifer

Lila Cheney, RIGHT? Half a century worth of defendin' this stupid
planet -- an I'm fightin' the satanic spandex equivalent of the
OSMOND FAMILY and Madonna REED as their Mother Hen.
Nick Fury - X-Force #28

Kristina Sennvik

Jun 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/6/96

>Elizabeth Celeste <jub...@grove.ufl.edu> writes:

>: I mean, except for the telepathy, Emma and Moira have remarkably similar
>: personalities. Moira spent 50 issues possessed by the Shadow King. Did
>: Sean notice?

As I recall, Sean was flattered at first. He thought he had brought
out her wild side, by being a better lover than Prof X. Puh-leeze!

tina <hey, Moira, take a walk on the wild side>

Kristina Sennvik

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

rudi...@airmail.net (Alleigh) wrote:

>tr...@bu.edu (Mike zimbouski) wrote:

>>Ian Foster (ia...@cogs.susx.ac.uk) wrote:
>>: 1) It would be a _little_ too obvious even for Lobdell, and would take
>>: some good writing to pull off.

It would and it would. Still, I think those two "woulds" will be
disregarded. Money, you know...

>>: 2) I think it would work better if both Sean and Emma were written at
>>: their correct ages, as Lobdell seems to have forgotten that Sean is currently
>>: barking around the fifty mark, and Emma's got that hill looming on the near
>>: horizon.

She's that old? Maybe it's time she got a new body.

>>3) It would make Sean as big a scumbag as Scott. Throwing over your longtime
>>terminally ill lover for someone younger, prettier and meaner is the kind of
>>reprehensible act best left for Speakers of the House.

In my book, no one can compete for scumbagginess with Scott.

And don't forget, Moira *might* die and Emma could <ahem> comfort
Sean. 'Sides, throwing over someone bc he/she is terminally ill, is a
lot more common than one would wish.

tina <there's some magic in everything and then some loss to even
things out>

Daniel McEwen

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

Katharine Martin wrote:

> afn3...@afn.org wrote:
> Daniel McEwen (djmc...@earthlink.net) wrote:
> : Katharine Weizel wrote, on "Storm and Breast":

> >: > Nah, it's Yukio's new codename after getting Liefeld / BadGirl
> >: > treatment.
>
> >: ROTFLOL! Oh, Kate, that's a good one! Hmm...and this works with
> >: Claremont's original thoughts on Storm, too!
>
> What were those thoughts, do tell? Is this, like, something he said in
> an _interview_?

Dunno. It's something I heard around here somewhere. Supposedly
Claremont intended for Storm to be bisexual or a lesbian. Of course,
given what became of Kurt's parentage, need we even wonder why she's
neither of those?

> > I meant Beast if you could not tell. I sorry. Sheesh.
>

> I could tell. Did a little gentle teasing ever hurt anyone?
>
> By the way - why do you think they'd work together? I can't see it, myself.
> Nor I. Yukio's much better, IMO. In fact, even Cable's better. None of
the original X-Men work with Storm. Thanks to Amethyst, I think she
might work with Wolverine!

--
Daniel
djmc...@earthlink.net

Katharine Martin

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

afn3...@afn.org wrote:
Daniel McEwen (djmc...@earthlink.net) wrote:
: Katharine Weizel wrote, on "Storm and Breast":

>: > Nah, it's Yukio's new codename after getting Liefeld / BadGirl
>: > treatment.

>: ROTFLOL! Oh, Kate, that's a good one! Hmm...and this works with
>: Claremont's original thoughts on Storm, too!

What were those thoughts, do tell? Is this, like, something he said in
an _interview_?

> I meant Beast if you could not tell. I sorry. Sheesh.

I could tell. Did a little gentle teasing ever hurt anyone?

By the way - why do you think they'd work together? I can't see it, myself.

--
Kate Martin jul...@haven.boston.ma.us k...@gnu.ai.mit.edu
"The house of delusions is cheap to build, but drafty to live in." -- Houseman

Katharine Weizel

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

In article <4p9fv5$n...@news-f.iadfw.net>, Alleigh <Alle...@aol.com> wrote:
>Daniel McEwen <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>>Katharine Martin wrote:
>>Claremont intended for Storm to be bisexual or a lesbian. Of course,
>>given what became of Kurt's parentage, need we even wonder why she's
>>neither of those?
>
>What do you mean about Kurt's parentage? I thought is was a given that
>Mystique was his mother all along.

Erm, parent, yes. Mother? Well, there's been rumors that Mystique was
Kurt's FATHER, with his mother being Destiny. OF course, he doesn't
have any of Destiny's powers. Much more likely IMHO that he'd be
Sabes's son, with his fuzz/fur, but not, he isn't. Thank God.

:)

kate.

| Kate the Short - (ka...@cicero.spc.uchicago.edu) - at the U of Chicago |
| I have a web page! (at http://student-www.uchicago.edu/users/keweizel) |
| Keeper of the RAC.MX Read Before Posting and Where Can I Find It? FAQs |
| Patron Saint of rec.arts.comics.marvel.xbooks, and Really Short Person |

Alleigh

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

Daniel McEwen <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:

>Katharine Martin wrote:
>>
>> afn3...@afn.org wrote:
>> Daniel McEwen (djmc...@earthlink.net) wrote:
>> : Katharine Weizel wrote, on "Storm and Breast":
>>
>> >: > Nah, it's Yukio's new codename after getting Liefeld / BadGirl
>> >: > treatment.
>>
>> >: ROTFLOL! Oh, Kate, that's a good one! Hmm...and this works with
>> >: Claremont's original thoughts on Storm, too!
>>
>> What were those thoughts, do tell? Is this, like, something he said in
>> an _interview_?

>Dunno. It's something I heard around here somewhere. Supposedly

>Claremont intended for Storm to be bisexual or a lesbian. Of course,
>given what became of Kurt's parentage, need we even wonder why she's
>neither of those?

What do you mean about Kurt's parentage? I thought is was a given that
Mystique was his mother all along.

Jennifer

Jeffryes Joshua M

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

rudi...@airmail.net said something like:
:@tr...@bu.edu (Mike zimbouski) wrote:

:@>3) It would make Sean as big a scumbag as Scott. Throwing over your longtime
:@>terminally ill lover for someone younger, prettier and meaner is the kind of
:@>reprehensible act best left for Speakers of the House.

I threw over a lover who was mentally ill (diagnosis of the doctor: Manic
Depression. Diagnosis of the Spectre: Just Plain Nuts) for someone older,
prettier, and nicer. Does that mean I should start a career in politics?

:@Not as big as a scumbag as Scott. Remember not only did Scott leave
:@his wife, but he left his child also. Moira and Sean aren't married
:@with a infant son.So Sean would only be half the scumbag Scott is,
:@besides the current writers probably forgot that Sean and Moira are
:@lovers. I was thinking Moira and Sean were not such a hot item
:@anymore, I could be wrong.

If anything vaguely realistic happened, Sean would succumb to the massive
amounts of sexual tension he's had to have been fighting back (how long
has it been since he's seen Moira? A long dry spell compounded by
frollicking nubile students in spandex and a half naked Emma has got to
require Herculean willpower to handle) and have a one-night-stand with
Emma, with both of them feeling guilty later and swearing it will never
happen again.

Of course, after being uncomfortable around each other for about 5
issues, they'd get stuck in an elevator, mine shaft, or exploding star
ship and end up doing it (or something) all over again. All this while
Sean watches Moira get sicker and more bitter across the ocean, with a
healthy and beautiful Emma right there.

Now, that would be something worth reading, which means we won't see it.

Later,

"Some people lose their faith because Heaven shows them too little. But
how many lose their faith because Heaven shows them too much?" -The Prophecy
"Blessed be the meek, for they shall be slaughtered." -Black Adder
"Silly Christian, hope is for kids." -Chris Page
*J. Michael Spectre. Evil is as evil does*

delirium

Jun 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/7/96

On Fri, 7 Jun 1996, Katharine Weizel wrote:

> In article <4p9fv5$n...@news-f.iadfw.net>, Alleigh <Alle...@aol.com> wrote:

> >Daniel McEwen <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> >>Katharine Martin wrote:
> >>Claremont intended for Storm to be bisexual or a lesbian. Of course,
> >>given what became of Kurt's parentage, need we even wonder why she's
> >>neither of those?
> >
> >What do you mean about Kurt's parentage? I thought is was a given that
> >Mystique was his mother all along.
> >

> Erm, parent, yes. Mother? Well, there's been rumors that Mystique was
> Kurt's FATHER, with his mother being Destiny. OF course, he doesn't
> have any of Destiny's powers. Much more likely IMHO that he'd be
> Sabes's son, with his fuzz/fur, but not, he isn't. Thank God.

indeed. but i would think it much more probable that mystique's
relationships with kurt's other parent and with Irene/Destiny were totally
different beasts. one of the interesting things about Mysty is her
ability to change gender, and so things like straight/lesbian/gay/bi
wouldn't really apply... i must say, tho, that after Destiny's 'orrible
costume was changed for the neat blue cloak, their relationship was one of
the neatest the X-Books have seen. i have yet to read a comic that has
made me cry to the extent that the Destiny Tribute (and the Phoenix
Tribute, the one about the Holocaust) did. this from a person who was
terribly upset when Ororo didn't come out with the ballet dancer after
all...

and i think shatty's a pretty neat idea too, even i refuse to read X-Force
because i loved NM too much...

jacob

delirium - jac7...@bayou.uh.edu - http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/1337/
i am trying to put the atom back together dar williams

Katharine Martin

Jun 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/8/96

Elizabeth wrote:
On 29 May 1996, Ryan Jones wrote:

>> Cool love triangles..............Val/Pietro/Crystal

>(Maybe not on this one. It's pretty clear that Pietro and Crystal love
>each other, they just can't stand spending time together. And thanks to
>Val's most recent lobotomy.....

What, is she in love with Sabes now or something?

(wow, scary thoughts 'r us.)

>> Storm/Wolvie/Elektra

>Nah. Electra would never date Wolvie. Too much hair. She's just using him
>to get ehr own series launched.

FOr that matter, neither would Storm. Good Friends.

>> Iceman/Firestar/Justice

>This one fascinates me. Would it be Iceman and Justice fighting over
>Firestar, or, as I would prefer to see it, Firestar and Iceman fighting
>over Justice?

Who is, after all, straight, but is quite accepting of homosexuals (witness
how he dealt with his dad).

>> Gambit/Rogue/Magneto

>Arrghhhhhhh!!!! Not again. I do not have the strenght of will to deal
>with this agian. What should happen, is Mags prompltly turns 60 again,
>gets his memories back, and ditches Rogue for someone his own age.

>Then Gambit jumps off a cliff and dies.

>Rogue gets her brain back and ditches all of them

And goes and finds Mystique and frees her from the evil influence of
Mackslaught.

(To be honest, I like Rogue/Mags, but not when Mags is young and named
Joseph.)

>> Douglock/Rahne/Alastair???

>Nah. It would be like the triangle of the damned, as nobaody would ever
>figure out what the others were thinking, or get it all to make sense.

Douglock doesn't deserve anyone, anyway, so that's ok.

--
Kate Martin jul...@haven.boston.ma.us k...@gnu.ai.mit.edu
"The house of delusions is cheap to build, but drafty to live in." -- Houseman

"You don't get to choose how you're going to die, or when. You can
only decide how you're going to live now." -- Joan Baez

R. Lewis

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

My choice would be:
Gambit/Storm/Bishop

Katharine Martin

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

Jennifer Rudiger wrote:
Daniel McEwen <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>Katharine Martin wrote:

>>Claremont intended for Storm to be bisexual or a lesbian. Of course,
>>given what became of Kurt's parentage, need we even wonder why she's
>>neither of those?

>What do you mean about Kurt's parentage? I thought is was a given that
>Mystique was his mother all along.

claremont planned for (but never wrote) Mystique to be his dad and Destiny
to be his mother.

Elizabeth Celeste

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

On 8 Jun 1996, Katharine Martin wrote:

> Elizabeth wrote:
> On 29 May 1996, Ryan Jones wrote:
>
> >> Cool love triangles..............Val/Pietro/Crystal
>
> >(Maybe not on this one. It's pretty clear that Pietro and Crystal love
> >each other, they just can't stand spending time together. And thanks to
> >Val's most recent lobotomy.....
>
> What, is she in love with Sabes now or something?

Nope. She is apparently the one to whom Cable's BFG was bequeathed. She
did narrowly miss having to accept the penis and X-Force while he was at
it.

Val is just being extrodinarily stupid, and not acting like somebody _I_
would give security clearence to.

> (wow, scary thoughts 'r us.)

Not quite that bad yet. But if Mystique doesn't start trying to kill
Sabertooth soon, I am going to have to call in the Pod-of-a-pod patrol on
her.

> >> Storm/Wolvie/Elektra
>
> >Nah. Electra would never date Wolvie. Too much hair. She's just using him
> >to get ehr own series launched.
>
> FOr that matter, neither would Storm. Good Friends.

Yep. ANd at the good friends type of stage that the issue of sex is
irrelevent. I would rather see Storm get her own series then Electra
though. That would be much coolness.

> >> Iceman/Firestar/Justice
>
> >This one fascinates me. Would it be Iceman and Justice fighting over
> >Firestar, or, as I would prefer to see it, Firestar and Iceman fighting
> >over Justice?
>
> Who is, after all, straight, but is quite accepting of homosexuals (witness
> how he dealt with his dad).

Yep. I didn't say that Bobby would be in a succesful fight, but that is
really the only way I can see a triangle with those three. Especially
since Firestar and Iceman have _no_ relationship in the books.

On the TV show however......

I miss the New Warriors. Sniff.

> >> Gambit/Rogue/Magneto
>
> >Arrghhhhhhh!!!! Not again. I do not have the strenght of will to deal
> >with this agian. What should happen, is Mags prompltly turns 60 again,
> >gets his memories back, and ditches Rogue for someone his own age.
>
> >Then Gambit jumps off a cliff and dies.
>
> >Rogue gets her brain back and ditches all of them
>
> And goes and finds Mystique and frees her from the evil influence of
> Mackslaught.

One can hope. I would think that Mystique might actually be a good person
for Rogue to talk to. I mean sometimes you just have to talk to you're
Mother, and in this case, i think Mystique might actually understand. And
be sympathic, after she gave the "Never sleep with men with fake accents
who pinch your butt in public. It's bad form".

> (To be honest, I like Rogue/Mags, but not when Mags is young and named
> Joseph.)

That's kind of how I feel. I could see it in AOA. I could see it in the
Savage land. But with Joesph, the chemistry isn't there.

Magneto was fascinaiton personified because of his history and his
experience. This Joesph has not got the personality or the past that made
Mag's one of the best characters in the bookss.

(Yes, I was reading my NM18-40 this weekend. Why do you ask? Is it the
twitch? The decision that my firstborn daughter (when/if such a thing
happens) will be named Illyana. What?)

> >> Douglock/Rahne/Alastair???
>
> >Nah. It would be like the triangle of the damned, as nobaody would ever
> >figure out what the others were thinking, or get it all to make sense.
>
> Douglock doesn't deserve anyone, anyway, so that's ok.

No he doesn't. He's a shaoeshifting construct. I doubt he needs a partner
anyway.

However Rhane and Alistair is still a nightmare relationship. It could
work if it ever got started. However, it will never ever get started,
because they happen to be the most unadept at romance characters in the
MU. I think it has something to do with the "Curse of the New Mutnats"

Eliz
Keeper of the Dead NEw Mutants Flame
Warrior Princess, U of F

Jewel is good.

Ladioss Sopp

Jun 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/11/96

In article <31B7DD...@earthlink.net>, Daniel McEwen
<djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:

Holy smokes! I knew Storm had more than parental feelings for Kitty
Pryde! "Prodigal daughter" my ass! Who knows what she thought when she
looked after the New Mutants before the Asgardian Wars!

delirium

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, it was written:

again, i have to mention my disappointment when Ororo got hooked up with
Forge instead of coming out with that ballet dancer... and hey...

oh wait: for all those who have trouble with this topic ("The Subject"),
i want to say something: it's not that we think all X-members should be
gay, or anything of the sort. it's just that to see so many *almost/
maybes* die in flames (STS=) is kind of depressing. so we name as many of
them as we can and hope that *this* time marvel will get the b*lls to
actually go through with it.

anyway, although kitty is canonically straight (and i wouldn't even dare
to dream of marvel having the light touch necessary to actually address
the subtle ambiguity of all this), did anyone see a little bit of
not-quiteness about her relationship with Rachel? i'm talking
specifically about some writers' treatment of the DOFP flashback we get so
many memories of, the one where kitty sends rachel back from the camp when
they're sneaking into something or another.

some of the lines they are given in this scene (again, depending on the
writer--or maybe some of that retcon bull about how the future isn't set
yet and that's why we always get a different script for that scene) seem a
little, i don't know, intimate. and i remember the first x-men i ever
picked up, years ago, when storm had the mohawk (shudder) and having the
same thoughts the poster above had:

(i don't remember too much of the issue, although kitty may have just come
back from Somewhere and ororo flew her through the halls of Somewhere so
they could go talk somewhere. this may have been the one with the cover
of kitty on the plane, and the white queen is standing there being
menacing, or maybe that's one of the main pages, or maybe it has nothing
to do with this issue. maybe also ororo walking through a greenhouse at
one point. is anyone remembering the issue? because this was Ever So
Long Ago and i really don't trust my memories.)

and the first ish of Excalibur i picked up (which i remember even less,
but i am pretty sure it was before the Xtime Caper--i think Rachel showed
up at the lighthouse after being Somewhere=) had me very confused, because
i had never seen rachel before (not really reading comics much in those
days; actually, hadn't been *reading* very long in those days...god i feel
old) and i got that feeling about their relationship then, too. if you
want to be un-PC, maybe it's just because ororo and rachel both had a bit
of the "look" about them. anyway, maybe these early impressions have cast
a shadow over everything i've read since then...

or maybe writing mutants gives one an easier in on writing on The Subject.

(okay, *you* name me another minority that a) isn't readily visible,
doesn't usually have noticable physical characteristics, b) usually shows
up around puberty, and c) inspires Amazing Amounts of hatred for no
rational reason--and read that issue of New Mutants where the kid makes
all the mutie jokes and pisses off all the NM and then kills himself
because he thinks X-Factor is going to come kill him, and kitty finds out
that *he* was a mutant after all, while you're at it. and get back to
me).

love, jacob--who thought the Destiny Tribute should have been the measure
by which all other explications of this sort were compared--and who says
Go Star Go--as soon as Ric gets a haircut.

Katharine Martin

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

Tina wrote:
rudi...@airmail.net (Alleigh) wrote:

>And don't forget, Moira *might* die and Emma could <ahem> comfort
>Sean.

Y'know, I wouldn't MIND that.

>'Sides, throwing over someone bc he/she is terminally ill, is a
>lot more common than one would wish.

Fine and dandy (see Newt Gingrich). Just... maybe SHOW the damn BREAKUP?
I mean, really. They -were- still an item, 'far as we know, and then Sean
wanders off to America with no explanation. All I want is a little
explanation, it's not that I'm completely anti Sean/Emma.

"The simple rights, the civil liberties from generations of struggle must
not be just fine words for patriotic holidays, words we subvert on weekdays,
but living, honored rules of conduct amongst us...I'm glad the American Civil
Liberties Union gets indignant, and I hope this will always be so." -- A.S.

Lord of deXness

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

In article <Pine.ULT.3.93.960611193705.18031B-100000@willow> Elizabeth Celeste <jub...@grove.ufl.edu> writes:

>On 8 Jun 1996, Katharine Martin wrote:

>> >(Maybe not on this one. It's pretty clear that Pietro and Crystal love
>> >each other, they just can't stand spending time together. And thanks to
>> >Val's most recent lobotomy.....
>>
>> What, is she in love with Sabes now or something?
>
>Nope. She is apparently the one to whom Cable's BFG was bequeathed. She
>did narrowly miss having to accept the penis and X-Force while he was at
>it.

Every now and then I run across a quote which is just beyond priceless.

Thank you, Eliz, for giving me another one.

deX!

Daniel McEwen

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

Ladioss Sopp wrote:

> In article <31B7DD...@earthlink.net>, Daniel McEwen
> <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>
> Holy smokes! I knew Storm had more than parental feelings for Kitty
> Pryde! "Prodigal daughter" my ass! Who knows what she thought when she
> looked after the New Mutants before the Asgardian Wars!

I disagree rather vehemently! Whatever Storm's sexuality, that has
nothing to do with her intentions! Storm looked upon Kitty like a
daughter (note that Storm barely remembers her existence these days).
When Storm looked after the New Mutants, she thought she'd be taking care
of a team of teenage mutants. Period. Keep your twisted thoughts away
from Storm! They don't fit her at all. Bisexual/lesbian does not mean
pedophile or "sexual addict."

--
Daniel
djmc...@earthlink.net

Blast

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

Hey!

It whould have to be Synch and Jubilee! They are so made for each other! I also think that Bobby needs a
girl and fast. Rogue should find somebody and stay whit i'm. Cable and Ororo is a very ugly site and plus
their not made for each other! Havok should never see Polaris again. Kitty and Colossus should be together
and this other guy should die! Sorry for the other guy! Angel and Betsy, now that is not going to last long.
:-) Husk and Chamber looked good as a couple in AOA but in this reality, i'm not so sure! Jean and Scoot,
i'm sorry to say that, is a great couple a should stay together till the end. And the reason why Xavier
became Onslaught, he did not have a women to provide him daily sex!!!

Blast!!!

Elizabeth Celeste

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

On Thu, 6 Jun 1996, Kristina Sennvik wrote:

> >Elizabeth Celeste <jub...@grove.ufl.edu> writes:
>
> >: I mean, except for the telepathy, Emma and Moira have remarkably similar
> >: personalities. Moira spent 50 issues possessed by the Shadow King. Did
> >: Sean notice?
>
> As I recall, Sean was flattered at first. He thought he had brought
> out her wild side, by being a better lover than Prof X. Puh-leeze!

Yep. It's really pretty silly when you think about it. But then Sean had
to be pretty good in bed, or he would never have gotten all those years of
free room and board.

My current personal theory is that everyone just thought that Moira was
making her own recreational pharmecuticals again.

Actually, what I find interesting is that unlike all of his previous
hosts, Moira didn't bulk up. Unlike poor Karma.

> tina <hey, Moira, take a walk on the wild side>

The truely scarry thing is that Moira and Sean bear a great resemblence,
personality and physically to my parents.

Eliz
Keeper of the Dead New Mutatants Flame

Warrior Princess, U of F

There are multiple couches.

Kristina Sennvik

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

jul...@flash-gordon.haven.boston.ma.us (Katharine Martin) wrote:

<snipped for brevity>

>Just... maybe SHOW the damn BREAKUP?
> I mean, really. They -were- still an item, 'far as we know, and then Sean
> wanders off to America with no explanation. All I want is a little
> explanation, it's not that I'm completely anti Sean/Emma.

I have forgotten, did Moira tell Sean she had Legacy or did he hear
that on the news? (GenX #3 or 4, I think).
They seem so...estranged. As if they had broken up already.

Oh well. Writer's rule at Marvel: If you can't write it, ignore it. Or
write it anyway.

tina

Dandelion

Jun 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/13/96

> >: I mean, except for the telepathy, Emma and Moira have remarkably
similar
> >: personalities. Moira spent 50 issues possessed by the Shadow King.
Did
> >: Sean notice?
>
> As I recall, Sean was flattered at first. He thought he had brought
> out her wild side, by being a better lover than Prof X. Puh-leeze!

>Yep. It's really pretty silly when you think about it. But then Sean had
>to be pretty good in bed, or he would never have gotten all those years
of
>free room and board.

>My current personal theory is that everyone just thought that Moira was
>making her own recreational pharmecuticals again.

>Actually, what I find interesting is that unlike all of his previous
>hosts, Moira didn't bulk up. Unlike poor Karma.

Moira wasn't a host for the Shadow King, Legion was, with
Lorna as the nexus. It was the Sahdow King's influence that
caused Moira to go wacky, not possession.

Dande
Keeper of Remy & Magnus' Friendship

"Wow, how existential can you get?" - Hobbes

Katharine Martin

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

delirium or jacob or someone like that wrote:
On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, it was written:
> In article <31B7DD...@earthlink.net>, Daniel McEwen
> <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:

someone other than Daniel wrote the bit below.

>> Holy smokes! I knew Storm had more than parental feelings for Kitty
>> Pryde! "Prodigal daughter" my ass! Who knows what she thought when she
>> looked after the New Mutants before the Asgardian Wars!

Puh-lease. Storm being bi doesn't mean she'd be attracted to everything
that moves.

>again, i have to mention my disappointment when Ororo got hooked up with
>Forge instead of coming out with that ballet dancer... and hey...

Stevie Hunter? Nono. Yukio.

>oh wait: for all those who have trouble with this topic ("The Subject"),
>i want to say something: it's not that we think all X-members should be
>gay, or anything of the sort. it's just that to see so many *almost/
>maybes* die in flames (STS=) is kind of depressing. so we name as many of
>them as we can and hope that *this* time marvel will get the b*lls to
>actually go through with it.

What he said.

>anyway, although kitty is canonically straight (and i wouldn't even dare
>to dream of marvel having the light touch necessary to actually address
>the subtle ambiguity of all this), did anyone see a little bit of
>not-quiteness about her relationship with Rachel? i'm talking
>specifically about some writers' treatment of the DOFP flashback we get so
>many memories of, the one where kitty sends rachel back from the camp when
>they're sneaking into something or another.

Um, yes, rather. And other scenes as well, notably in Excalibur.

>some of the lines they are given in this scene (again, depending on the
>writer--or maybe some of that retcon bull about how the future isn't set
>yet and that's why we always get a different script for that scene) seem a
>little, i don't know, intimate.

What, like Rachel calling Kate "my love"? A _tad_, yes.

>and the first ish of Excalibur i picked up (which i remember even less,
>but i am pretty sure it was before the Xtime Caper--i think Rachel showed
>up at the lighthouse after being Somewhere=) had me very confused, because
>i had never seen rachel before (not really reading comics much in those
>days; actually, hadn't been *reading* very long in those days...god i feel
>old) and i got that feeling about their relationship then, too. if you

's funny, I never get that feeling with Rachel and Kitty. Rachel and
_Kate_, yes. But not once in Excalibur did I see anything between Kitty
and Rachel. In DOFsomethingorother (#67), there's another moment of
angstful love between Kate(well, Widget) and Rachel, though, so I rather
agree with your point.

>want to be un-PC, maybe it's just because ororo and rachel both had a bit
>of the "look" about them.

A bit? Rachel just _screamed_ "I am butch!" for her entire UXM run, and
stayed that way in Excal til she came back from having her brain fried in
#61 or so. Storm was just punk. *grin*

>(okay, *you* name me another minority that a) isn't readily visible,
>doesn't usually have noticable physical characteristics, b) usually shows
>up around puberty, and c) inspires Amazing Amounts of hatred for no
>rational reason--and read that issue of New Mutants where the kid makes
>all the mutie jokes and pisses off all the NM and then kills himself
>because he thinks X-Factor is going to come kill him, and kitty finds out
>that *he* was a mutant after all, while you're at it. and get back to
>me).

Well, except for puberty, Judaism comes to mind. And I adore/despise,
depending on my mood, Kitty's final speech in that issue, about whether
labeling is necessary at all.

"Once in a while it really hits people that they don't have to experience
the world in the way they have been told to." -- Alan Keightley
"It is a miracle that curiosity survives formal education." -- Albert Einstein

Rachel K. Warren

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96

delirium (jac7...@Bayou.UH.EDU) wrote:
> On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, it was written:

Lordy. Here we go again.

> > In article <31B7DD...@earthlink.net>, Daniel McEwen
> > <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> >
> > Holy smokes! I knew Storm had more than parental feelings for Kitty
> > Pryde! "Prodigal daughter" my ass! Who knows what she thought when she
> > looked after the New Mutants before the Asgardian Wars!

> again, i have to mention my disappointment when Ororo got hooked up with

> Forge instead of coming out with that ballet dancer... and hey...

No no. It should have been like Kid Dynamo. Stevie and Magneto would
have been better. :)

> gay, or anything of the sort. it's just that to see so many *almost/
> maybes* die in flames (STS=) is kind of depressing. so we name as many of
> them as we can and hope that *this* time marvel will get the b*lls to
> actually go through with it.

Y'know, Claremont pretty much did that throughout his whole run with the
X-men. It was like he was playing around with the idea, and then would
drop it. There have been hints scattered everywhere. Frankly, Claremont
could most likely make *any* of the characters homosexual, and we would
have mostly believed it. I think that's why this subject continually
comes up.

That brings me to another question. Is Claremont married? Children?
I have never heard much of anything about his personal life. When I
ask this, I am not wondering about his sexual indentity, or how that
could relate to the X-men. I've just always been curious about whether
he has/had children or not.

> anyway, although kitty is canonically straight (and i wouldn't even dare
> to dream of marvel having the light touch necessary to actually address
> the subtle ambiguity of all this), did anyone see a little bit of
> not-quiteness about her relationship with Rachel? i'm talking

Depends on the writer. Depends on how Claremont wanted to write Rachel at
that time. But yes, I have sometimes thought their was something strange
about Rachel and Kate (not Kitty). BUT, I also think by the time DOFP
was happening, the x-men that were left were *REALLY* close. But that
might have been their only way of surviving, because it was the only way
they knew how. I don't know.

> specifically about some writers' treatment of the DOFP flashback we get so
> many memories of, the one where kitty sends rachel back from the camp when
> they're sneaking into something or another.

Well, I know Alan Davis wrote about that at one point. I don't remember
if Claremont did. Heck, Rachel Phoenix is just about the most messed up
person in Marvel comics, other than her mother. Frankly, I don't know
what Alan Davis was trying to say. Alan Davis did seem to have a huge
fascination with her though. =)

Also, we know that Rachel does/did have a very close relationship with the
Franklin Richards of her time. During DOFPres, it was heartbreaking to
see how much she really did love him, only to lose him for a second time.
*Sniff* I wish I had a boyfriend that would come back from the dead just
to see me again. =)

> and the first ish of Excalibur i picked up (which i remember even less,
> but i am pretty sure it was before the Xtime Caper--i think Rachel showed
> up at the lighthouse after being Somewhere=) had me very confused, because
> i had never seen rachel before (not really reading comics much in those
> days; actually, hadn't been *reading* very long in those days...god i feel
> old) and i got that feeling about their relationship then, too. if you

Ah. You missed out on the Kitty-Alistaire-Rachel triangle then. Kitty
got a major crush on a geek named Alistaire. Alistaire lusted after
Rachel. I have no idea what was going on in Rachel's head, but she didn't
seem to see how much wrath Kitty started having against her. That whole
love triangle, to me, is one big dangler that probably will never be
solved. The whole thing was just *wierd*.

> want to be un-PC, maybe it's just because ororo and rachel both had a bit

> of the "look" about them. anyway, maybe these early impressions have cast
> a shadow over everything i've read since then...

To be un-PC, you mean the "butch" haircuts? I really do wish Rachel had
grown her hair out, but it was symbolism of how she could never be the
girl she wanted to be. I can't remember what issue it was, but I think it
was the issue where Wolverine skinted her in the heart.

> or maybe writing mutants gives one an easier in on writing on The Subject.

Doubtful. The X-books are the most popular comic books in the US.
Americans are touchy about The Subject.

> (okay, *you* name me another minority that a) isn't readily visible,
> doesn't usually have noticable physical characteristics, b) usually shows
> up around puberty, and c) inspires Amazing Amounts of hatred for no
> rational reason--and read that issue of New Mutants where the kid makes
> all the mutie jokes and pisses off all the NM and then kills himself
> because he thinks X-Factor is going to come kill him, and kitty finds out
> that *he* was a mutant after all, while you're at it. and get back to
> me).

I still like what Kitty says at the very end. It made the whole comic
book. To paraphrase: "I am Kitty Pryde. Everything else is just a
label."

warr...@jmu.edu ! Rachel Warren / Paul Smith and Alan Davis Groupie
warr...@cs.jmu.edu ! http://sys12.cs.jmu.edu/homes/warrenrk/index.html
rkwa...@pen.k12.va.us ! IRS: They got what it takes to take what you got.

Daniel McEwen

Jun 15, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/15/96
to Rachel K. Warren

Rachel K. Warren wrote:

> delirium (jac7...@Bayou.UH.EDU) wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, it was written:
>
> Lordy. Here we go again.
>
> > > In article <31B7DD...@earthlink.net>, Daniel McEwen
> > > <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> > ><mucho snippo>

Nothing particularly terrible was said in this thread, but I should point
out that nothing herein <formerly here, anyway> was actually anything I
wrote. I actually don't believe you (Rachel that is) snipped me out, but
I'm not here! OK?

--
Daniel
djmc...@earthlink.net

delirium

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

On 15 Jun 1996, Katharine Martin wrote:

>>some of the lines they are given in this scene (again, depending on the
>>writer--or maybe some of that retcon bull about how the future isn't set
>>yet and that's why we always get a different script for that scene) seem a
>>little, i don't know, intimate.
>
> What, like Rachel calling Kate "my love"? A _tad_, yes.

sarcasm? i feel baptized! (i love you, ms. martin, after all i followed
you here from vertigo...) okay, yes, you caught me. but you know what i
mean...

> 's funny, I never get that feeling with Rachel and Kitty. Rachel and
> _Kate_, yes. But not once in Excalibur did I see anything between Kitty

eh, i dunno, i would have to go back and read that issue before the Xtime
when rachel comes back to the lighthouse, because i remember at least
feeling that it was strange... but that could have been me reading into
it.

> and Rachel. In DOFsomethingorother (#67), there's another moment of

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
no joke! could there be more overkill, when i think the first go-round
(and related work in Excalibur--especially the earlier stuff) was the
best, and DOFPresent wasn't even all that concerned with the events in
DOFP except in a very tenuous and "this is not really happening" (you bet)
way.

> angstful love between Kate(well, Widget) and Rachel, though, so I rather
> agree with your point.

okay, i'm glad you've made that distinction. everything i said in the
original post, with kitty=kate.

> A bit? Rachel just _screamed_ "I am butch!" for her entire UXM run, and
> stayed that way in Excal til she came back from having her brain fried in
> #61 or so. Storm was just punk. *grin*

i was *trying* to be subtle ;).

delirium

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

On 15 Jun 1996, Rachel K. Warren wrote:

> delirium (jac7...@Bayou.UH.EDU) wrote:
> > On Tue, 11 Jun 1996, it was written:
>
> Lordy. Here we go again.

yeah, i know...

> > > In article <31B7DD...@earthlink.net>, Daniel McEwen
> > > <djmc...@earthlink.net> wrote:

well no, he didn't. like the man said, he has nothing to do with this
thread.

> Y'know, Claremont pretty much did that throughout his whole run with the
> X-men. It was like he was playing around with the idea, and then would
> drop it. There have been hints scattered everywhere. Frankly, Claremont
> could most likely make *any* of the characters homosexual, and we would
> have mostly believed it. I think that's why this subject continually
> comes up.

as cynical as this is, i think you are right.

> That brings me to another question. Is Claremont married? Children?
> I have never heard much of anything about his personal life. When I
> ask this, I am not wondering about his sexual indentity, or how that
> could relate to the X-men. I've just always been curious about whether
> he has/had children or not.

hell, i'm wondering. very big on writing emotion, he is (well, when you
compare with the Jane Austen work that is, say, Bob Mackie's writing, what
isn't?), and i must say i had a bit of a crush on him a long time ago,
just because of the writing, and this whole thing started with Milligan
anyway...and for the same reasons.

> Depends on the writer. Depends on how Claremont wanted to write Rachel at
> that time. But yes, I have sometimes thought their was something strange
> about Rachel and Kate (not Kitty). BUT, I also think by the time DOFP

okay, i am now technically Sheepish. Kate, not Kitty. Kate, not Kitty.
you all knew what i meant but i will write that on the blackboard
anyway;).

> was happening, the x-men that were left were *REALLY* close. But that
> might have been their only way of surviving, because it was the only way
> they knew how. I don't know.

well, we *do* have faith in the ambiguity of x-authors, don't we?

> Also, we know that Rachel does/did have a very close relationship with the
> Franklin Richards of her time. During DOFPres, it was heartbreaking to

ahHA, the wrench in my plan. i think, tho, that it is a retcon, and so i
can ignore it if i wish. (plus the fact that my Doug-Thing--ask Eliz--got
transferred to Franklin in DOFPres--well, at least it's not a felony--and
so i don't particularly want to believe in it).

> see how much she really did love him, only to lose him for a second time.
> *Sniff* I wish I had a boyfriend that would come back from the dead just
> to see me again. =)

yeah, it was pretty sweet, just messed around with something that i had
just assumed since i was Very Little.

> Ah. You missed out on the Kitty-Alistaire-Rachel triangle then. Kitty
> got a major crush on a geek named Alistaire. Alistaire lusted after
> Rachel. I have no idea what was going on in Rachel's head, but she didn't
> seem to see how much wrath Kitty started having against her. That whole
> love triangle, to me, is one big dangler that probably will never be
> solved. The whole thing was just *wierd*.

heh. you're cool. but for the record i did *not* think that Alistaire
was a geek. from what i saw of him (altho you're right, i missed this
stuff), i thought he was pretty neat. maybe i just like Geek.

> To be un-PC, you mean the "butch" haircuts? I really do wish Rachel had
> grown her hair out, but it was symbolism of how she could never be the
> girl she wanted to be.

thank you for this, it's very interesting and a bit sad.

> > or maybe writing mutants gives one an easier in on writing on The Subject.
>
> Doubtful. The X-books are the most popular comic books in the US.
> Americans are touchy about The Subject.

no shit. but i was meaning more about--have you read anything by Rachel
Pollack? a lot of her work--Doom Patrol, really--is all about the
connections between deviant superheroes and other sorts of deviants. and
so i guess i meant that to draw those connections is a lot easier in the
scenario we've gotten in the X-Universe for a variety of societal and
psychiological reasons.

> I still like what Kitty says at the very end. It made the whole comic
> book. To paraphrase: "I am Kitty Pryde. Everything else is just a
> label."

yeah. to be fair, because one person has said they hated it and one has
said they loved it, i should say that my personal belief is that once you
try to prove who you are, you've already lost. and i can't figure out how
i feel about Kitty's Speech. but in regards to the Subject, i think that
it was a sweet-natured thing to write. remember the audience.

jacob

Andrew D. Devenney

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

In article <Pine.OSF.3.93.960618...@Bayou.UH.EDU>, delirium

<jac7...@Bayou.UH.EDU> says:
>On 15 Jun 1996, Rachel K. Warren wrote:
>>That brings me to another question. Is Claremont married? Children?
>>I have never heard much of anything about his personal life. When I
>>ask this, I am not wondering about his sexual identity, or how that
>>could relate to the X-Men. I've just always been curious about whether
>>he has?had children or not.

Claremont is married, but I can't remember the name of his wife. Well, let me
clarify: last time i knew, he was married. Read it in a Bullpens Bulletins
page in one of my old UXM last week. How fortuitous!!! Whether they still
are is anybody's guess, since I don't know the man or anything.

Um, as for kids. . .I haven't a clue, but I wouldn't be surprised.

Hochachtungsvoll,

---ADD, who isn't married and has no kids he knows about

The Hudsons

Jun 18, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/18/96

Andrew D. Devenney wrote:

> > ---ADD, who isn't married and has no kids he knows about

But Andrew . . . I thought you knew, Dad. Didn't my mother
ever tell you? And you never even sent me a birthday card!
-sniff!-

--Brian P. Devenney :)

Andrew D. Devenney

Jun 20, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/20/96

Hudson,

Don't even scare me like that.

Never. Ever.

Hochachtungsvoll,

---ADD, who'll file a paternity suit to let the truth be known

Katharine Martin

Jun 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/21/96

delirium or jacob wrote:
On 15 Jun 1996, Rachel K. Warren wrote:

>> Y'know, Claremont pretty much did that throughout his whole run with the
>> X-men. It was like he was playing around with the idea, and then would
>> drop it. There have been hints scattered everywhere. Frankly, Claremont
>> could most likely make *any* of the characters homosexual, and we would
>> have mostly believed it. I think that's why this subject continually
>> comes up.

Um. I wouldn't've. While Claremont was rather repetative with dialogue
occasionally, he was also amazingly subtle at times. Both he and the
various artists were quite good at differentiating between friendship
and something more. DOF* is somewhat hard to judge because there's so
_little_ of it, but the signals are there.

>> That brings me to another question. Is Claremont married? Children?
>> I have never heard much of anything about his personal life. When I

>> ask this, I am not wondering about his sexual indentity, or how that
>> could relate to the X-men. I've just always been curious about whether
>> he has/had children or not.

Y'know, that never even occurred to me?

>hell, i'm wondering. very big on writing emotion, he is (well, when you
>compare with the Jane Austen work that is, say, Bob Mackie's writing, what
>isn't?),

Whinge. Howard Mackie, and don't you dare stick Austen in with him. I
_like_ Austen, even if she is a bit heavy handed sometimes.

>>Depends on the writer. Depends on how Claremont wanted to write Rachel at
>>that time. But yes, I have sometimes thought their was something strange
>>about Rachel and Kate (not Kitty). BUT, I also think by the time DOFP

>okay, i am now technically Sheepish. Kate, not Kitty. Kate, not Kitty.
>you all knew what i meant but i will write that on the blackboard
>anyway;).

Oh, that's ok. We forgive you. We're great-hearted and such.

>> was happening, the x-men that were left were *REALLY* close. But that
>> might have been their only way of surviving, because it was the only way
>> they knew how. I don't know.

>well, we *do* have faith in the ambiguity of x-authors, don't we?

Most comic book writers, really.

>>Also, we know that Rachel does/did have a very close relationship with the
>>Franklin Richards of her time. During DOFPres, it was heartbreaking to

>ahHA, the wrench in my plan. i think, tho, that it is a retcon, and so i
>can ignore it if i wish. (plus the fact that my Doug-Thing--ask Eliz--got
>transferred to Franklin in DOFPres--well, at least it's not a felony--and
>so i don't particularly want to believe in it).

Hey now. That's in continuity, and very touchingly so, too.

(Doug rocks. Good taste, sir.)

Pardon me while I get even further off the beam, but there's nothing
stopping Rachel from loving more than one person. And in 141-142, wasn't
Franklin already dead anyway?

>> see how much she really did love him, only to lose him for a second time.
>> *Sniff* I wish I had a boyfriend that would come back from the dead just
>> to see me again. =)

*grin* That was one of my favorite bits, back at college.

>>Ah. You missed out on the Kitty-Alistaire-Rachel triangle then. Kitty
>>got a major crush on a geek named Alistaire. Alistaire lusted after
>>Rachel. I have no idea what was going on in Rachel's head, but she didn't
>>seem to see how much wrath Kitty started having against her. That whole
>>love triangle, to me, is one big dangler that probably will never be
>>solved. The whole thing was just *wierd*.

Rachel knew about all of this, of course, and was politely ignoring it,
so's not to hurt anyone's feelings. If she'd confronted Alistaire about it,
it would have hurt him, her, *and* Kitty. The way it played out, the only
person really hurt by it was Kitty, and that was mostly frustration.

That's my explanation, anyway.

>heh. you're cool. but for the record i did *not* think that Alistaire
>was a geek. from what i saw of him (altho you're right, i missed this
>stuff), i thought he was pretty neat. maybe i just like Geek.

Alistaire was uber-geek, jacob. Obsessed with mechanical stuff, and
not all that handsome, though with Davis doing the art, you couldn't
really tell. Geeks are, however, not bad people to be interested in.

>> To be un-PC, you mean the "butch" haircuts? I really do wish Rachel had
>> grown her hair out, but it was symbolism of how she could never be the
>> girl she wanted to be.

*blink* Now there's a perspective that had never occurred to me.

>> Doubtful. The X-books are the most popular comic books in the US.
>> Americans are touchy about The Subject.

>no shit. but i was meaning more about--have you read anything by Rachel
>Pollack? a lot of her work--Doom Patrol, really--is all about the
>connections between deviant superheroes and other sorts of deviants. and

Goodness. I haven't gotten there yet, I'm still buying Grant's work on
that. Guess I should hurry it up?

>so i guess i meant that to draw those connections is a lot easier in the
>scenario we've gotten in the X-Universe for a variety of societal and
>psychiological reasons.

Yes, I would agree. You sort of have the metaphor half created already.

>> I still like what Kitty says at the very end. It made the whole comic
>> book. To paraphrase: "I am Kitty Pryde. Everything else is just a
>> label."

>yeah. to be fair, because one person has said they hated it and one has
>said they loved it, i should say that my personal belief is that once you
>try to prove who you are, you've already lost.

Hrm. I dunno about that, because you're _always_ proving who you are,
every day. I mean, sure, a speech like that is a bit more obvious, but
you can't _stop_ proving who you are... Can you?

-kate, who would just like to note that
Diane Duane should write more books.

"I moved to New York City for my health. I'm paranoid and New York was the
only place where my fears were justified." -- Anita Weiss
"Ignorance is the night of the mind, a night without moon or star."-- Confucius

Elizabeth Celeste

Jun 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/21/96

I never got Kate's post. Evil Newsreader. No Biscuit.
On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, delirium wrote:
> On 15 Jun 1996, Katharine Martin wrote:

Re the ever popular topic "the questionable sexuality of Rachel Summers"

> > A bit? Rachel just _screamed_ "I am butch!" for her entire UXM run, and
> > stayed that way in Excal til she came back from having her brain fried in
> > #61 or so. Storm was just punk. *grin*
>
> i was *trying* to be subtle ;).

Rachel wasn't. She had this incredible Butch Charm thing going. It's why
when Davis would dress her up in those bizarre little outfits, and claim
they were high fashion, I would just laugh.

My favorite Rachel is still the one who fist appeared on the Mansion's
doorstep, in NM 18. It's the essence of the character.

Personally, I just want her back.

Eliz (who thinks Rachel and Xena would be a great couple, if they didn't
kill each other).

Keeper of the Dead New Mutatns Flame

Warrior Princess, U of F

Cascade Queen, soon to be offline for a week. :(

delirium

Jun 21, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/21/96

On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Elizabeth Celeste wrote:

> My favorite Rachel is still the one who fist appeared on the Mansion's
> doorstep, in NM 18. It's the essence of the character.

i agree. it pulled in all the angst of seeing your dead friends alive
again (which was to be redone many times after), showed us the grimness of
what her story was all about (which nobody else has done with any power at
all), and the girl was *young,* which made what was done to her even more
awful. definitely the best Rachel scene. the art, with chuck falling
back...oh, you know.

here's to Rachel, my favorite Marvel Character.

delirium

Jun 22, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/22/96

On 21 Jun 1996, Katharine Martin wrote:

> delirium:

> >hell, i'm wondering. very big on writing emotion, he is (well, when you
> >compare with the Jane Austen work that is, say, Bob Mackie's writing, what
> >isn't?),
>
> Whinge. Howard Mackie, and don't you dare stick Austen in with him. I
> _like_ Austen, even if she is a bit heavy handed sometimes.

me too. that's why it's *sarcasm.* and bob mackie is a designer. i just
didn't want to summon the spirit of h*w*rd m*ck** by typing his name
aloud. in any case, read carefully.

> >>Also, we know that Rachel does/did have a very close relationship with the
> >>Franklin Richards of her time. During DOFPres, it was heartbreaking to
>
> >ahHA, the wrench in my plan. i think, tho, that it is a retcon, and so i
> >can ignore it if i wish. (plus the fact that my Doug-Thing--ask Eliz--got
> >transferred to Franklin in DOFPres--well, at least it's not a felony--and
> >so i don't particularly want to believe in it).
>
> Hey now. That's in continuity, and very touchingly so, too.

yeah, i know, and it's a great story, but it screws up my plan...

> (Doug rocks. Good taste, sir.)

thanks. we've got to stick together.

> Pardon me while I get even further off the beam, but there's nothing
> stopping Rachel from loving more than one person. And in 141-142, wasn't
> Franklin already dead anyway?

actually, that's a good point, so maybe it doesn't screw up my plan, but
it kind of bothers me, again for the reason that it's so ambiguous:
one-or-the-other is so difficult for x-writers to handle i can't imagine
*both!* but also, it's like the kathy/lenny situation: her relationship
with Franklin was important, real, valid, but then he died, so she and
Kate (got it this time=) became lovers (or whatever...) but it didn't
really matter because they both just needed each other. like prison sex
or something, and not at all what motss relationships are about.

> Alistaire was uber-geek, jacob. Obsessed with mechanical stuff, and
> not all that handsome, though with Davis doing the art, you couldn't
> really tell. Geeks are, however, not bad people to be interested in.

yeah, i think it was Alan Davis Draws Beautiful People Syndrome that threw
me off... but uber-Geek is okay by me.

> >no shit. but i was meaning more about--have you read anything by Rachel
> >Pollack? a lot of her work--Doom Patrol, really--is all about the
> >connections between deviant superheroes and other sorts of deviants. and
>
> Goodness. I haven't gotten there yet, I'm still buying Grant's work on
> that. Guess I should hurry it up?

run, do not walk...

> >yeah. to be fair, because one person has said they hated it and one has
> >said they loved it, i should say that my personal belief is that once you
> >try to prove who you are, you've already lost.
>
> Hrm. I dunno about that, because you're _always_ proving who you are,
> every day. I mean, sure, a speech like that is a bit more obvious, but
> you can't _stop_ proving who you are... Can you?

it's simpler to just *live,* without worrying about how other people view
you, or even if they notice your existence at all. once you try to prove
yourself, you're living outside of your body, trying to live in sombody
else's head, and that represents a jump straight out of just living.
living through the eyes of other people is living at one remove, and
that's just a bit different from dying. so you've already lost. there's
no power in doing that. there is power in being happy, completely in and
of yourself, and only *then* trying to help other people. that's what i
think.

> -kate, who would just like to note that
> Diane Duane should write more books.

AND NOW!

jacob, who loves anita wiess so your signoff and .sig taken together just
rocked me...

Katharine Martin

Jun 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/24/96

Elizabeth wrote:
On Tue, 18 Jun 1996, delirium wrote:
On 15 Jun 1996, Katharine Martin wrote:

>>>A bit? Rachel just _screamed_ "I am butch!" for her entire UXM run, and
>>>stayed that way in Excal til she came back from having her brain fried
>>>in #61 or so. Storm was just punk. *grin*
>
>> i was *trying* to be subtle ;).

I'm occasionally not very good at that.

>Rachel wasn't. She had this incredible Butch Charm thing going. It's why
>when Davis would dress her up in those bizarre little outfits, and claim
>they were high fashion, I would just laugh.

Did he ever say they were high fashion, or just that they looked good
*on her*? (Which wouldn't be hard, the kitchen sink would look good on
Rachel.)

>Eliz (who thinks Rachel and Xena would be a great couple, if they didn't
>kill each other).

Actually, says she from her lofty knowledge of Xena's character, I don't
think they'd like each other that much. I dunno why, though, just a feeling
I have.

-kate, now seen it 3 times.

"Every five years or so I look back on my life and I have a good laugh." - I.G.
"Oh, life is a glorious cycle of song,/ A medley of extemporanea;/ And love
is thing that can never go wrong;/ And I am Marie of Roumania." -- Parker

Katharine Martin

Jun 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/27/96
delerium wrote:
On 21 Jun 1996, Katharine Martin wrote:
> delirium:
>
>>>hell, i'm wondering. very big on writing emotion, he is (well, when you
>>>compare with the Jane Austen work that is, say, Bob Mackie's writing, what
>>>isn't?),
>
>> Whinge. Howard Mackie, and don't you dare stick Austen in with him. I
>> _like_ Austen, even if she is a bit heavy handed sometimes.

>me too. that's why it's *sarcasm.* and bob mackie is a designer. i just

Y'know, I was wondering if you did that on purpose, but then I was like,
"no, I'm the only person insane enough to know who Bab Mackie is around
here." Just goes to show you what assumptions'll do to you.

>didn't want to summon the spirit of h*w*rd m*ck** by typing his name
>aloud. in any case, read carefully.

Yessir. (*grin*)

>> (Doug rocks. Good taste, sir.)

>thanks. we've got to stick together.

It'sa true. And agree that he's Still Dead, right?

>>Pardon me while I get even further off the beam, but there's nothing
>>stopping Rachel from loving more than one person. And in 141-142, wasn't
>>Franklin already dead anyway?

>actually, that's a good point, so maybe it doesn't screw up my plan, but
>it kind of bothers me, again for the reason that it's so ambiguous:
>one-or-the-other is so difficult for x-writers to handle i can't imagine
>*both!*

Oh, gawd, imagine x-writers trying to do realistic poly relationships.
They'd plotz. (Why am I spritzing Yiddish?)

>but also, it's like the kathy/lenny situation: her relationship
>with Franklin was important, real, valid, but then he died, so she and
>Kate (got it this time=) became lovers (or whatever...) but it didn't
>really matter because they both just needed each other. like prison sex
>or something, and not at all what motss relationships are about.

*blink* Er. well, that wasn't at all the idea *I* got. Franklin dies,
Rachel and Kate discover their love for each other, the problem with
this is I assume they have *time* to disover said love, and I dunno the
time frame here.

>> Alistaire was uber-geek, jacob. Obsessed with mechanical stuff, and
>> not all that handsome, though with Davis doing the art, you couldn't
>> really tell. Geeks are, however, not bad people to be interested in.

>yeah, i think it was Alan Davis Draws Beautiful People Syndrome that threw
>me off... but uber-Geek is okay by me.

Well, most of comicdom draws Beautiful People. Though Davis better than
most, as not all the breasts are beachballs. But yes, uber-geek is
definitely... ok. More than ok. Um. Anyway.

>>>no shit. but i was meaning more about--have you read anything by Rachel
>>>Pollack? a lot of her work--Doom Patrol, really--is all about the
>>>connections between deviant superheroes and other sorts of deviants. and
>
>> Goodness. I haven't gotten there yet, I'm still buying Grant's work on
>> that. Guess I should hurry it up?

>run, do not walk...

Money. Annoying thing, that.

>>>yeah. to be fair, because one person has said they hated it and one has
>>>said they loved it, i should say that my personal belief is that once you
>>>try to prove who you are, you've already lost.
>
>> Hrm. I dunno about that, because you're _always_ proving who you are,
>> every day. I mean, sure, a speech like that is a bit more obvious, but
>> you can't _stop_ proving who you are... Can you?

>it's simpler to just *live,* without worrying about how other people view
>you, or even if they notice your existence at all. once you try to prove
>yourself, you're living outside of your body, trying to live in sombody
>else's head, and that represents a jump straight out of just living.
>living through the eyes of other people is living at one remove, and
>that's just a bit different from dying. so you've already lost. there's
>no power in doing that. there is power in being happy, completely in and
>of yourself, and only *then* trying to help other people. that's what i
>think.

Well, we have no argument, then, as I *think* I was trying to say that
you "prove" yourself by *being* who you are and *living* as who you are.
No other way to do it, because y'can't live by constantly assuming other
people's thoughts.

>> -kate, who would just like to note that
>> Diane Duane should write more books.

>AND NOW!

Well, she is. It just TAKES a LONG TIME. Er.

>jacob, who loves anita wiess so your signoff and .sig taken together just
>rocked me...

-kate, learning more of anita
weiss day by day. Yay.

Online Best

Oct 13, 2020, 8:28:15 PM10/13/20
Buy real driving license Whatsapp:..(+4915215387133) ID cards, residence permit, visa, work permit, citizenship

BUY 100% UNDETECTABLE BANK NOTES
GRADE A++ COUNTERFEIT MONEY FOR SALE AND WE DO PRODUCE HIGH QUALITY OF REAL AND FAKE DOCUMENTS. FOR

$$ YOU HAVE DOLLAR, POUNDS, EUROS AND OTHER CURRENCIES AVAILABLE WE HAVE PARTNERS IN ALMOST EVERY

COUNTRY SO IF IN CASE YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A FACE TO FACE BUSINESS THEN JUST CONTACT AND STATE YOUR

LOCATION AND YOU SHALL HAVE YOUR BILLS

At we produce original passport, driver's license, identity cards, visa, green cards, stamps and other documents for the following countries: Australia, Belgium, Brazil, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Netherlands, Norway, Austria, Sweden, Switzerland, Spain, Great Britain, USA and many more. At we offer you one of the best services in the world, most customers have experienced our true and excellent service.
Please note that the current document is registered in the country database so you can travel in a country of your choice.
-IDs scan
-HOLOGRAMS
-BAR-CODES: SCAN IDS
-UV: YES
- FREE SHIPPING - EMAIL SUPPORT

To order, visit our website or send your questions to our email or whatsapp

Support: ...........https://onlinebestplug.com/product-category/buy-counterfeit-money/

Whats apps --------- --- (+4915215387133)

Skype Name:..................Ranko322
Wickr:.................... Ranko322

Please contact us for documents from the following countries
USA (ALL COUNTRIES)
GERMANY
United Kingdom
CANADA