Re: Marvel Studios Promotes Executive Who Believes The X-Men are "Outdated"

1 view

Ubiquitous

Sep 22, 2021, 7:41:49 AM9/22/21
In article <sidp2o$e1i$1...@dont-email.me>, davidjo...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On 2021-09-21 4:31 p.m., RichA wrote:
>> On Tuesday, 21 September 2021 at 04:57:31 UTC-4, BTR1701 wrote:

>>> She wants to rename the X-Men.
>>
>> Yes, "X-Persons" has such a ring to it...
>>
>> "You're just...to fat and ugly." - Teenage Head.
>> And stupid.
>
>The actual alternatives used in the comics are X-Force and X-Factor.

Those are different teams altogther.

--
Trump won.

Winston

Sep 22, 2021, 12:16:11 PM9/22/21
I think the point being made was that there are lots of potential
X-{name}s where, unlike "Men", {name} has no gender. "X-Mostly Men and
a token Woman or two" doesn't have the same ring to it. :)
-WBE

David Johnston

Sep 22, 2021, 1:29:17 PM9/22/21
I wouldn't say that. The original X-Factor team was in fact the
original X-Men team