Power Pack Classic books and curren version of Power Pack

1 view

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

May 28, 2010, 7:01:36 AM5/28/10
What ya think of it? Also should these books include the Franklin
Richards books and such, what ya think? Should they do same to current
version of them and print all the Franklin Richards books, what ya
think?

Time to be evil!!
Let's Rock!!!
Kitty Pryde/ShadowCat is HOT!!!
Badness is cool!!!

Scott Eiler

May 29, 2010, 9:26:38 AM5/29/10
On May 28, 7:01 am, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH RANGER)
wrote:

> What ya think of it?

I know there's a niche for children's comics. But the current set of
Power Pack mini-series doesn't work for me, because:

* Nothing ever changes in them. For instance, Hulk / Power Pack had
its own little version of World War Hulk going at the end of issue #3,
with Power Pack on the Hulk's side. But by the end of #4, everything
was bland and perfect again.

* Not only does nothing ever change, they aggressively ignore what
changed before them. Katie doesn't have glasses, Julie hasn't run
away from home, and Alex isn't an intern. That's especially weird
because the rest of the Power Packiverse seems to be in sync with the
Marvel Universe, right up to keeping the Avengers roster current.

> Also should these books include the Franklin
> Richards books and such, what ya think? Should they do same to current
> version of them and print all the Franklin Richards books, what ya
> think?

The Franklin books definitely stand on their own.

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

May 29, 2010, 12:24:56 PM5/29/10

Re: Power Pack Classic books and curren version of Power Pack

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sat, May 29, 2010, 6:26am
(CDT-2) From: sei...@eilertech.com (Scott Eiler)

You didnt understand, I am asking if they should first take the original
version of Power Pack, an any books connected to them, and reprint them
all into the set, then do same with the current version an repeat!

Scott Eiler

May 30, 2010, 9:56:51 AM5/30/10
On May 29, 12:24 pm, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH RANGER)
wrote:

> You didnt understand, I am asking if they should first take the original
> version of Power Pack, an any books connected to them, and reprint them
> all into the set, then do same with the current version an repeat!

Sure, why not. But don't ask me to buy them, because I have all the
original versions, and way more than I need of the current.

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

May 30, 2010, 8:44:04 PM5/30/10

Re: Power Pack Classic books and curren version of Power Pack

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Sun, May 30, 2010, 6:56am

(CDT-2) From: sei...@eilertech.com (Scott Eiler)

You know this would include the secret wars books, and the whatifs an
such too!

Scott Eiler

May 31, 2010, 9:55:39 PM5/31/10
On May 30, 8:44 pm, SUPREMERAN...@webtv.net (BLACKMYSTECH RANGER)
wrote:

> I am asking if they should first take the original

> version of Power Pack, an any books connected to them, and reprint them
> all into the set, then do same with the current version an repeat!
>

> You know this would include the secret wars books, and the whatifs an
> such too!

That *would* be a unique way to do a reprint series. But that way
lies madness. How can you ever get it all? For instance, do you
include that one New Mutants story where Katie Power is a fat old
woman and the leader of the last non-mutants on Earth? If you do,
where do you put it so as to help tell the story of the Power Pack?

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

May 31, 2010, 10:36:11 PM5/31/10

Re: Power Pack Classic books and curren version of Power Pack

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Mon, May 31, 2010, 6:55pm

(CDT-2) From: sei...@eilertech.com (Scott Eiler)

You put it after one story is done, then print them!

Anim8rFSK

Jun 1, 2010, 1:30:37 AM6/1/10
In article
<119fa55f-e57f-4658...@z17g2000vbd.googlegroups.com>,
Scott Eiler <sei...@eilertech.com> wrote:

At one point early on in the electronic reprint biz, somebody was
putting out Marvels by the month; you got, for instance, all of July
1968 on one CD, as opposed to a run of Spider-Man. I thought that was
the way to do it.

--
As Adam West as Bruce Wayne as Batman said in "Smack in the Middle"
the second half of the 1966 BATMAN series pilot when Jill St. John

BLACKMYSTECH RANGER

Jun 1, 2010, 10:44:04 AM6/1/10

Re: Power Pack Classic books and curren version of Power Pack

Group: rec.arts.comics.marvel.universe Date: Mon, May 31, 2010, 10:30pm
(CDT-2) From: ANIM...@cox.net (Anim8rFSK)

But in this case I am for printing all the books of Power Pack and any
books connecting to of the original an current ones, an that include
mini comics!