What ever happened to Dhampire ?

Roarick

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

A while back DC had plans to do a series called
"Dhampire". As far as I know there was only one
issue of it. Does anyone know what happened to
plans for the series ?

Thanks,

Roarick

JamPM

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Roarick wrote in article <3414A3A6...@halcyon.com>...

>A while back DC had plans to do a series called
>"Dhampire". As far as I know there was only one
>issue of it. Does anyone know what happened to
>plans for the series ?

SO, I wasn't the only one to buy/read it.
Thanks, I was begining to think I was living in some kind of parallel
universe.

Nancy Collins owns it(I think Ted Naifeh[who was supposed to draw the
series.] owns part of it.) so it might come out somewhere else.

The GN was really good. Collins is the only writer who can write Vampires
that I can get into.(Check out her Sonja Blue books, collected by White Wolf
as Midnight Blue. Great stuff.)

POLYWEN

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

>>>Nancy Collins owns it(I think Ted Naifeh[who was supposed to draw the

series.owns part of it.)<<<

Ted Naifeh doesn't own any of it. Nancy owns all of it. Paul Lee, the
artist who did the GN, gets a partial creator credit.
POLY
n. 1. one who illustrate (ie. figuratively)
2. one who paints

Bradly E. Peterson

Sep 10, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/10/97

Roarick <roa...@halcyon.com> done said this here deal:

>A while back DC had plans to do a series called
>"Dhampire". As far as I know there was only one
>issue of it. Does anyone know what happened to
>plans for the series ?

Ok. That was a prestige one-shot, with an ongoing series to
follow. The editor who had taken the regular series under his
wing was the late Lou Stathis. (I've been re-reading his columns
in "Heavy Metal" from the 80's. cool.) His illness and finally
his passing initially delayed the series.

The next blow to the ongoing series, word is that a couple of
guys had sent a home-made comic to DC with a character named
"Nicholas Gaunt" which is the name of the main character in
Dhampire.

DC is apparently working out those little "details" and
hopefully, we'll get to see the regular series.

Hope that helps...

Bradly E. Peterson, Psychodrama Press
"I stared long and hard into the abyss...
... and saw myself staring back"

"Great spirits have always encountered
violent opposition from mediocre minds"
(Albert Einstein)

"Liefeld's art made my eyes bleed..."
(Elayne Wechsler Chaput)

(Remove SPAMBLOCK from address to reply)

syl...@concentric.net

Sep 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/11/97

Todd VerBeek, gwm wrote:

> My pal Roarick said:
> >A while back DC had plans to do a series called
> >"Dhampire". As far as I know there was only one
> >issue of it. Does anyone know what happened to
> >plans for the series ?
>
> The main thing that happened was that Lou Stathis, the editor behind the
> series, developed brain cancer and subsequently died. Without his active
> involvment, the project stalled. I've also heard of some legal issues
> holding it up, but I don't know anything definite about that.

The logistical problems created by Lou's illness & eventual death &
a nuisance lawsuit essentially sumsupthe ills of DHAMPIRE. However, if
readers truly are intersted in trying to put the series back on track,
you can write either Axel Alonso or Karen Berger at DC/Vertigo and
make your interest in the character & series known.

Sincerely,
Nancy A.Collins

S.F.W.

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

In article <3418A9...@concentric.net>, syl...@concentric.net writes

>The logistical problems created by Lou's illness & eventual death &
>a nuisance lawsuit essentially sumsupthe ills of DHAMPIRE. However, if
>readers truly are intersted in trying to put the series back on track,
>you can write either Axel Alonso or Karen Berger at DC/Vertigo and
>make your interest in the character & series known.
>
>Sincerely,
>Nancy A.Collins

What's the address?
--
Simon West

Currently reading :- Demon Seed - Dean Koontz

Todd VerBeek, gwm

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

My pal S.F.W. said:
>What's the address?

Um, it's in every comic book DC publishes, usually on page 1.

Cheers, Todd
"The cautious seldom make mistakes (in bed)."
- my fortune cookie at the 1996 r.a.c.* Comicon dinner

Kevin J. Maroney

Sep 12, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/12/97

"S.F.W." <sim...@demon.net> wrote:

>What's the address?

The address is in every single DC comic. Or you could go to the DC Web
site and find it there.

(I know; I'm just adding to the bandwidth waste.)

--
Kevin J. Maroney | Crossover Technologies | kmar...@crossover.com
"I'll be right here if you need me."--Flex Mentallo