You Don't Know Jack! (Flash spoilers)

Dare

Feb 2, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/2/00
*spoilers for the latest Flash issue*

Who the hell is Jack?

When all the plot threads have been neatly tied and everything makes sense,
Waid had to leave me hanging with this Jack reference...

Ok so Wally has defeated Kadabra and he is regaling the gang with his
hypertime travels with Linda... and when they reach their original
hypertime, Wally says that he seeked out Jack... Walter corrects him, "You
mean Jay". Wally says that that's what he said - Jay. Angela tells him: "No
you said Jack". Wally says wonders why he said Jack...

Sorry, I don't have the actual issue with me... So I can't tell you on what
page this happens... But it's near the end of the book...

So who or what is this Jack reference about? Is this some other (no not
again!)hypertime version of Wally?

Dare

Drew Melbourne

Feb 3, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/3/00
Enoryt666 (enor...@aol.com) wrote:
: >a, even Adam West. In
: >LSH, an aged Brainiac explains to the Legion what is going on
: >(incorrectly; he thinks Glorith is behind it all.) As he
: >explains, the background changes from panel to panel.

: What are you talking about? That never happened. Oh, wait actually now that I
: think about it, it did. No, no it didn't.

: I have to throw up. No wait, no I don't.

Heh. "That way leads to madness."

--
NOTE TO SELF: Need to create a less self-referential .sig file.

Kelson Vibber

Feb 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/6/00
Dare wrote:

> *spoilers for the latest Flash issue*

> So who or what is this Jack reference about? Is this some other (no not
> again!)hypertime version of Wally?

Hope not... things are complicated enough as it is. However, perception is
built into the Hypertime concept - i.e. you can find yourself remembering an
alternate timeline that you didn't live (this would explain things like
finding your shoes next to the couch when you're absolutely certain you left
them under the bed - one of your hypertime duplicates did in an alternate
timeline, but you remember it anyway). Since Wally's crossed zillions of
possible timelines, it's easy for his memory to have picked up bits from
another one, just as in the past his eyes have appeared blue (like Walter's)
in other series.

Somehow, I have this feeling that they won't be willing to keep it that
simple.

--
Kelson Vibber
kel...@pobox.com

Kal-El

Feb 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/6/00
>Hope not... things are complicated enough as it is. However, perception is
>built into the Hypertime concept - i.e. you can find yourself remembering an
>alternate timeline that you didn't live (this would explain things like
>finding your shoes next to the couch when you're absolutely certain you left
>them under the bed - one of your hypertime duplicates did in an alternate
>timeline, but you remember it anyway). Since Wally's crossed zillions of
>possible timelines, it's easy for his memory to have picked up bits from
>another one, just as in the past his eyes have appeared blue (like Walter's)
>in other series.
>
>Somehow, I have this feeling that they won't be willing to keep it that
>simple.
I agree. It was deliberately put in there for all to see. In
combination with a very uncharacteristic (and kind of unsatisfying)
ending of the arc, the implication seems to be that the fat-lady has
not sung yet.

Zabe2

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
>> So who or what is this Jack reference about? Is this some other (no not
>> again!)hypertime version of Wally?
>
>Hope not... things are complicated enough as it is. However, perception is
>built into the Hypertime concept - i.e. you can find yourself remembering an
>alternate timeline that you didn't live (this would explain things like
>finding your shoes next to the couch when you're absolutely certain you left
>them under the bed - one of your hypertime duplicates did in an alternate
>timeline, but you remember it anyway). Since Wally's crossed zillions of
>possible timelines, it's easy for his memory to have picked up bits from
>another one, just as in the past his eyes have appeared blue (like Walter's)
>in other series.
>
>Somehow, I have this feeling that they won't be willing to keep it that
>simple.
>
>--
>Kelson Vibber
>kel...@pobox.com
>http://www.pobox.com/~kelson/
>Les Miserables - The Flash - Creative Writing

And DC thinks things are much simpler this way than having an earth 1, earth 2,
etc.?
za...@aol.com

Kal-El

Feb 7, 2000, 3:00:00 AM2/7/00
>>Hope not... things are complicated enough as it is. However, perception is
>>built into the Hypertime concept - i.e. you can find yourself remembering an
>>alternate timeline that you didn't live (this would explain things like
>>finding your shoes next to the couch when you're absolutely certain you left
>>them under the bed - one of your hypertime duplicates did in an alternate
>>timeline, but you remember it anyway). Since Wally's crossed zillions of
>>possible timelines, it's easy for his memory to have picked up bits from
>>another one, just as in the past his eyes have appeared blue (like Walter's)
>>in other series.
>>
>>Somehow, I have this feeling that they won't be willing to keep it that
>>simple.

>And DC thinks things are much simpler this way than having an earth 1, earth 2,
>etc.?
No, they just know that if they -actually- went 'back' to the
Infinite Earths they'd be eating serious crow for years.