New 52 Supergirl

Quadibloc

Jan 22, 2024, 8:17:36 PMJan 22
At a local dollar store, I saw a graphic novel reprint of the first few issues
of Supergirl's run in the "New 52" universe.
I thought it was OK. It gave homage to three different versions of
Kara Zor-El: dome over Argo City, like the Silver Age Earth-1 Supergirl,
suspended animation as a young woman, like Power Girl, messages in
crystals from Krypton like in the Superman movie (in which continuity
there was Helen Slater later on).
By the end of the book, she defended Earth from thw world killers, who
had the dome technology of her father - presumably it was General Zod
who murdered him, from what we learned from Superman. But then I
read more about the series, and even though Supergirl learned that
Krypton did really blow up, apparently the next thing she did afterwards
wasn't go and apologize to her cousin, but instead she stayed angry
for the rest of her run.
Sure, I can see that apologizing to Kal, and setting up a secret
identity of some sort ran the risk of being a been-there done-that
sort of series, but the alternative apparently was shown by this series
not to work either.

John Savard

Kevrob

Jan 23, 2024, 7:53:35 PMJan 23
Nice to see an actual on-topic post in this group.

--
Kevin R