Magnetic Men amalgams, part 2

Theodore Miller

Apr 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/5/97

Here are the Sinister Society amalgams from Magnetic Men featuring
Magneto:

spoiler space
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Soniklaw = Marvel sound villain Klaw plus DC sound villain Sonar (unless
DC also has a Sonic or Sonik). Vibranium is a sound-absorbing Marvel
metal.

Kultron = Kobra, DC cult-leader villain + Ultron, Marvel robot made of
indestructible adamantium

Vance Cosmic is an odd case, since there's also a 2099 Vance Cosmic in
Spider-Boy Team-Up who comes from Vance Astro + Cosmic Boy. I'd guess
this Vance Cosmic = the younger Vance Astro, in New Warriors, plus the
LEGION counterparts to Legion of Super-Heroes members: Phase, Dox, etc.

Deathborg = Marvel's Deathlok + DC's Cyborg. Promethium is a DC metal.

Black Vulture = Marvel's Vulture + DC's original Hawkman, I guess, who
used anti-gravity ninth metal to fly (or was his son who used ninth metal
armor named Black something?)

Chemodam = Chemo, living chemistry set enemy of the Metal Men
+ MODAM, Marvel's female "big head in a chair"

Quasimodox = Quasimodo, Marvel hunchback robot
+ Dox, founder of LEGION (note LEGION symbol on Quasimodox).

T. Troy McNemar, Esq.

Apr 5, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/5/97

SUDDENLY, SCT...@prodigy.com (Theodore Miller), wrote:

> Here are the Sinister Society amalgams from Magnetic Men featuring
> Magneto:
>
> spoiler space
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
> -
>

> Vance Cosmic is an odd case, since there's also a 2099 Vance Cosmic in
> Spider-Boy Team-Up who comes from Vance Astro + Cosmic Boy. I'd guess
> this Vance Cosmic = the younger Vance Astro, in New Warriors, plus the
> LEGION counterparts to Legion of Super-Heroes members: Phase, Dox, etc.

Unfortunately, there are no Braalian members of L.E.G.I.O.N. Also, he's
made of the fictional Inertron from LSH continuity.

--
T. Troy McNemar, Esq. Tro...@indirect.com
"S'ti gnirebbolc emit!"

Tom Galloway

Apr 6, 1997, 4:00:00 AM4/6/97

In article <5i5tgn$1g...@newssvr01-int.news.prodigy.com>,

Theodore Miller <SCT...@prodigy.com> wrote:
>Here are the Sinister Society amalgams from Magnetic Men featuring
>Magneto:
>
>spoiler space
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>-
>Black Vulture = Marvel's Vulture + DC's original Hawkman, I guess, who
>used anti-gravity ninth metal to fly (or was his son who used ninth metal
>armor named Black something?)

Not quite. Vulture + Hawkman I + Black Condor, with Hawkman I only
contributing the Ninth Metal bit.

tyg t...@netcom.com

Karl Hiller

Apr 11, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/11/97

Theodore Miller (SCT...@prodigy.com) wrote:
:
: Deathborg = Marvel's Deathlok + DC's Cyborg. Promethium is a DC metal.

This is where Amalgam starts to fall apart for me... It's one thing to
play on the similarities between characters and present a clever merging of
their lives. Both Tony Stark and Hal Jordan had super-villainess lovers
(merged into Madame Sapphire) and understudies (the whole Green Guardsman
thing), and it made a lot of sense to smoosh them together.

But why would a character composed of Cyborg and Deathlok be a
super-villain? This is really forced. I guess it can be justified as a
throw-away reference, just one more Amalgam pun, but without some sort of
parallel between the characters, what's the point?

Feeling grouchy tonight,

Karl

This is not my sig, it's just something that I'm typing at the bottom of
my message. It's not in a file somewhere, getting appended to everything
I post -- it's really and truly complete improvisation. Wheee!

Shawn Hill

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Karl Hiller (khi...@indiana.edu) wrote:

: Theodore Miller (SCT...@prodigy.com) wrote:
: :
: : Deathborg = Marvel's Deathlok + DC's Cyborg. Promethium is a DC metal.

: This is where Amalgam starts to fall apart for me... It's one thing to
: play on the similarities between characters and present a clever merging of
: their lives. Both Tony Stark and Hal Jordan had super-villainess lovers
: (merged into Madame Sapphire) and understudies (the whole Green Guardsman
: thing), and it made a lot of sense to smoosh them together.

: But why would a character composed of Cyborg and Deathlok be a
: super-villain? This is really forced. I guess it can be justified as a
: throw-away reference, just one more Amalgam pun, but without some sort of
: parallel between the characters, what's the point?

: Feeling grouchy tonight,

Understandably, as both Cyborg and Deathlok were by and large good guys
for most of their appearances. But, I guess the answer could be much like
the Age of Apocalypse (where some formerly very good X-men were awfully
mean) -- some events in the Amalgamverse were so different from regular
continuity that a few of the good guys were warped (and some of the bad
guys were un-warped, too, I think, though no examples come to mind).

Hey, did the merge Silver Samurai with that chick from the Oustiders
anywhere? That would be a toss-up on the good/bad angle.

Shawn
*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@

"Vaughan's not interested in pedestrians."

--James in CRASH

@*@*sh...@fas.harvard.edu*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*@*

Crazy Ivan

Apr 16, 1997, 3:00:00 AM4/16/97

Shawn Hill wrote:

> Hey, did the merge Silver Samurai with that chick from the Oustiders
> anywhere? That would be a toss-up on the good/bad angle.
>
> Shawn

Katana merged with Psylock to become Kokoro in the first wave. I think
Silver Samurai fled the Amalgamverse when he found out he was going to
be merged w/ Samurai Cat & fight the Teenage Radioactive Judo
Hampsturtles.

Crazy Ivan