Legion Obscura #201

Jef Peckham

Oct 22, 2012, 12:41:32 AM10/22/12
Hi gang!

Just the two regular series issues out so far this month. Details follow the

LEGION LOST (II) 13

Now that their reason for being in the past is gone, what shall we do with
the team. Oh, I know. Let's throw a 31st century style villain at them
threatening to destroy the Earth. Small Problem. Only Wildfire (and
Dawnstar) can currently travel into outer space to confront the villain
before it reaches Earth.

Meanwhile, we get some of the background on the previously unrevealed
organization that Yera has supposedly been spying on the Legion for. Some
previously unseen Science Police guy. He states that an archaeological site
has turned up artifacts that indicate two Legionnaires died somewhere in the
ancient past (like today). One of them is Wildfire. his current mask (not
the one he was using at the start of Lost) was found. Somehow Yera
recognizes it as Wildfire's mask before the mission began. Anyway, this
Science Police guy comes back in time again making noise about it being a
one-way trip. Timber Wolf also recognizes him. To be continued.

LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES (VII) 13.

New story line investigating mine raids in a space sector. Cosmic Boy and
Element Lad prevent this raid from succeeding, while Chemical Kid gets in
the way. Pursuing the thieves reveal several of them are Braalians like
Cos. In battle with them, Cosmic Boy is critically injured.

Other subplots involve a possible reforming of the Fatal Five, so a team is
checking to make sure the Atomic Axe is still locked up, and Brainiac 5
trying to figure out why Comet Queen turned traitor. This last one leads to
some testy exchanges between Duplicate Damsel and Brainy, and later Dream
Girl.

Interior art this time is by Scott Kolins. Compared to some of his previous
work on the Legion, this issue looks a bit flat and cartoony. Some of it
works, some doesn't.

Also coming up in a couple of month according to Previews is two more issues
of the current series, plus a trade paperback of The Culling, the LLost,
TTitans and Superboy crossover.

Until next time,

Archive Lad
Jef Peckham