SW10/WWW: Powernaut 1992 #1: This is It! A Powernaut for the 1990s!

Scott Eiler

Jul 19, 2021, 9:16:07 PM7/19/21
The Powernaut for the 1990s is finally here! Guest stars abound, as he
confronts the Doom Bear for the fate of his friend! This story's been
decades in the making.

https://www.eilertech.com/stories/powernaut/1992.htm

The schedule has big plans for 1992. The Doom Bear comes first, because
his story actually ends here. (For the then-foreseeable future.) This
is no secret to the experienced reader of Powernaut Comics, because the
2014 comic reveals this. Yet as the editor of this Powernaut Comics in
1992, I have labeled this episode for what it is: Return of the Doom Bear!

The many hirelings of Ellipsis were inspired by their various creators.
But they fit well into 1990s comics - and into a certain role-playing
campaign. As I recall, there were at least seven heroes ready to
confront the Doom Bear. I have edited out one "Super-Jew" whose powers
were about the same as Crusher Joe Corrigan. Also, "Angora" who would
actually have been good at breaking superhumans out from barricades, if
only I had acknowledged that at the time. (Her replacement character
for a high-power campaign became Vara Hosea.) Also one "Doc Help",
likewise, but he usually declined hazards. The "wow, Another
Possession" comment comes from the campaign, based on tournament
role-playing which the players had just come from.

Wikis!

* Christine Lassiter:
https://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Christine_Lassiter.htm

* Ellipsis: https://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Ellipsis.htm

* Total Conversion:
https://www.eilertech.com/stories/wiki/Total_Conversion.htm

Bonus Section: 2005 Reprint Commentary from Wyatt Ferguson! Eek, Total
Conversion

I already said, the early 1990s turned out to be a power struggle among
the U.S. Gov, Ellipsis, and the Doom Bear. Ellipsis came ready, with
bodyguards.

--
-- (signed) Scott Eiler 8{D> ------ http://www.eilertech.com/ -------

"Your Royal Highness, instead of devoting yourself exclusively
to Minerva, should, instead, rather offer sacrifice at the altars
of Bacchus, Orpheus, Venus, and Morpheus."

- Advice to Prince Duarte of Portugal. From "The golden age of
Prince Henry the Navigator", by Joaquim Pedro Oliveira Martins.
Coming soon to Project Gutenberg.

Arthur Spitzer

Jul 22, 2021, 3:52:07 PM7/22/21
On Monday, July 19, 2021 at 6:16:07 PM UTC-7, powern...@gmail.com wrote:
> The Powernaut for the 1990s is finally here! Guest stars abound, as he
> confronts the Doom Bear for the fate of his friend! This story's been
> decades in the making.

Yay! Finally, the '90s!!!

Powernaut can get a kewler name like Peworgnott.. or maybe get
his back broken so he can be replaced by a Powernaut that is
not weighed down by some lame moral compass like maybe
PowerBLUDnaut!

And maybe some bad girls too...

Arthur "Deum Bare..?" Spitzer

Scott Eiler

Jul 22, 2021, 4:35:07 PM7/22/21
Oh, stuff like that is indeed part of the plan once we all get past the
Doom Bear. And this year's guest stars will give an early taste of
1990s heroism.