Rename England

David Christopher Swanson

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

In article <341469...@research.att.com>
Ron Hardin <r...@research.att.com> writes:

> Associated Press reports that there are suggestions to rename
> Heathrow airport in honor of Diana, which is small thinking.

Dianaland?
Dianarama?
Just plain "Diana" presents a problem in rewriting the line "Ah to be
in England now that Spring is there."

I always think of the place as Inghilterra anyway.
DCS

http://www.cstone.net/~dcswan

Ron Hardin

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

--
Ron Hardin
r...@research.att.com

Pin~on Jack

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

>Associated Press reports that there are suggestions to rename
>Heathrow airport in honor of Diana, which is small thinking.

Well, who was this Heathrow chap? Mightn't his family be consulted? And
will it be named, "Diana, Princess of Wales but not Her Royal Highness
International Airport?"

More importantly, will service at the airport improve?

"Resulta pués, que una misma realidad se quiebra en muchas
realidades divergentes cuando es mirada desde puntos de vistas
distinto."

"The result is, therefore, that one reality breaks up into many
differing realities when seen from different points of view."
(my translation)

José Ortega y Gasset, _La Deshumanización del Arte_

Robert Teeter

Sep 8, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/8/97

David Christopher Swanson (dcs...@cstone.net) wrote:

: I always think of the place as Inghilterra anyway.

Now I know why r.a.b. wasn't the same without Swanson
around for the summer.

--
Bob Teeter (rte...@netcom.com) | http://www.wco.com/~rteeter/
"On the Internet, we are not all wise children" -- E. G.-M.
children" -- U.S. Supreme Court, Reno v. ACLU, June 26, 1997

Aaron Gross

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Ron Hardin <r...@research.att.com> writes:

> Other memorial suggestions:
>
> The Princess Diana marriage counseling centers
> The Princess Diana motor racing speedway
> The Chunnel
>
> Renaming the whole country would be best.

After seeing parts of the funeral on TV, I'd suggest renaming the
country "America".

Ron Hardin

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Pin~on Jack wrote:

> >Associated Press reports that there are suggestions to rename
> >Heathrow airport in honor of Diana, which is small thinking.
>
> Well, who was this Heathrow chap? Mightn't his family be consulted? And
> will it be named, "Diana, Princess of Wales but not Her Royal Highness
> International Airport?"
>
> More importantly, will service at the airport improve?

Or just the Arrivals building after Diana.

Other memorial suggestions:

The Princess Diana marriage counseling centers
The Princess Diana motor racing speedway
The Chunnel

Renaming the whole country would be best.

lee

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

On Mon, 08 Sep 1997 17:10:29 -0400 Ron Hardin <r...@research.att.com> wrote in
<341469...@research.att.com>:

Associated Press reports that there are suggestions to rename
Heathrow airport in honor of Diana, which is small thinking.

Airstrip-One still sounds the best, or maybe the same in German.

Don't believe this EEC stuff: we'll never allow the French back over here, even
if the King will be called William again in a few years/months/weeks.

Shame really.

Lee Goddard

David Haan

Sep 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM9/9/97

Ron Hardin wrote:

> Pin~on Jack wrote:
> >
> > >Associated Press reports that there are suggestions to rename
> > >Heathrow airport in honor of Diana, which is small thinking.
> >
> > Well, who was this Heathrow chap? Mightn't his family be consulted? And
> > will it be named, "Diana, Princess of Wales but not Her Royal Highness
> > International Airport?"
> >
> > More importantly, will service at the airport improve?
>
> Or just the Arrivals building after Diana.
>
> Other memorial suggestions:
>
> The Princess Diana marriage counseling centers
> The Princess Diana motor racing speedway
> The Chunnel

[...]

I've heard that, given the charitable work for AIDS etc, they're
already calling the clinics "dispenceries" ...

;D