Re: 29 Best S.F. books (Wired list)

1 view

Steve Hayes

Nov 26, 2021, 1:30:20 AM11/26/21
On Thu, 25 Nov 2021 12:00:05 +0100, occam wrote:

> I hold Wired magazine in high regard, hence the reason why I am
> circulating their list of "29 of the Best Science Fiction Books Everyone
> Should Read". Plus I know that there are a few S.F. readers in this
> group.
>
> <https://www.wired.co.uk/article/best-sci-fi-books>
>
> If you were asked to add one missing book title, which would it be? And
> which title would you eliminate from the list, to keep the list to 29
> long?

I'll look at the list when I'm back in Windows and can look at the web
more easily.

--
Steve Hayes http://khanya.wordpress.com

The Horny Goat

Nov 26, 2021, 3:01:43 PM11/26/21
Clearly not the usual list of books!

My response was to go to my local library online service and put holds
on 5 of them (and found 2 more on that list they didn't have).

The next month should be interesting as each of these comes in -
thanks for sharing

Kerr-Mudd, John

Nov 26, 2021, 3:50:09 PM11/26/21
On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 06:30:18 -0000 (UTC)
Well, I'm sure it's a fun game but I see no reason to stick to 29.

Sounds like one of those clickbait "17 things you must see" (serving
suggestion:) "before you die", or "13 top household cleaning tips etc"
s>

> --
> Steve Hayes http://khanya.wordpress.com

--
Bah, and indeed Humbug.

The Horny Goat

Nov 26, 2021, 6:23:13 PM11/26/21
On Fri, 26 Nov 2021 20:50:08 +0000, "Kerr-Mudd, John"
<ad...@127.0.0.1> wrote:

>> > I hold Wired magazine in high regard, hence the reason why I am
>> > circulating their list of "29 of the Best Science Fiction Books
>> > Everyone Should Read". Plus I know that there are a few S.F.
>> > readers in this group.
>> >
>> > <https://www.wired.co.uk/article/best-sci-fi-books>
>> >
>> > If you were asked to add one missing book title, which would it be?
>> > And which title would you eliminate from the list, to keep the list
>> > to 29 long?
>>
>> I'll look at the list when I'm back in Windows and can look at the
>> web more easily.
>>
>Well, I'm sure it's a fun game but I see no reason to stick to 29.
>
>Sounds like one of those clickbait "17 things you must see" (serving
>suggestion:) "before you die", or "13 top household cleaning tips etc"
>s>
Obviously there's nothing special about the number 29 - for me it was
a chance to look at the various synopses (is that the plural of
synopsis?) and try to find any that sounded interesting on our local
library website. (Our town is only 85000 but has a pretty good public
library system for a community our size - it's a suburb of a major
city)