2nd to last day - thanks

Mike Sullivan

Feb 21, 2024, 4:00:25 PMFeb 21
I posted some years ago, but always enjoyed this forum and reading
some very insightful comments on JRRT's work.

I understand the forum getting shut down tomorrow, thanks people!

David Dalton

Feb 21, 2024, 4:17:48 PMFeb 21
On Feb 21, 2024, Mike Sullivan wrote
(in article<97278926-2b28-4d79...@googlegroups.com>):

> I posted some years ago, but always enjoyed this forum and reading
> some very insightful comments on JRRT's work.
>
> I understand the forum getting shut down tomorrow, thanks people!

It is only the Google Groups portal to this newsgroup that
is getting shut down, which will mean less spam. You
can still access this newsgroup via a newsreader such
as Agent on Windows, Hogwasher on Mac, Pan on Linux,
or the free Thunderbird (even if you don’t also use it for
email) on all three, accessing a free newsserver such
as Eternal September or Solani, or, if you want binary
access, a paid newsserver such as Giganews.

“Early morning jubilators, up to no good instigators... Sons of long
forgotten races, that the darkest night embraces" (Ron Hynes & D. O'D.)

Steve Morrison

Feb 21, 2024, 4:23:57 PMFeb 21
Actually, what's happening tomorrow is that Google Groups is no longer
acting as a gateway to Usenet. This group isn't going anywhere, but it
will be necessary to access it via the original interface--that is,
getting a Usenet account and using a newsreader instead of a web
browser.

For anyone who hasn't heard about the change to Google Groups, here's
a link:

https://support.google.com/groups/answer/11036538?hl=en