[OT] Agent 8 and TLS 1.2

Paul S Person

May 24, 2023, 1:06:28 PM5/24/23
This is completely off-topic, but I know there are other Agent users
out there and have a pending problem.

My ISP is going to restrict email access (Agent shows the "connection"
choices under "outgoing email", so that is what this is about) to TLS
1.2. They are giving July 17 as the date to test my client by.

I can't find any indication in the Help file or on the website for
Agent whether it supports 1.2 or not. Does anybody know?

If it doesn't, any recommendations of email clients that /do/ support
TLS 1.2?

Thanks
--
"In this connexion, unquestionably the most significant
development was the disintegration, under Christian

Julian Bradfield

May 24, 2023, 1:16:39 PM5/24/23
On 2023-05-24, Paul S Person <pspe...@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:
> I can't find any indication in the Help file or on the website for
> Agent whether it supports 1.2 or not. Does anybody know?

Google knows.

The top hit for "ForteAgent tls 1.2" should tell you what you need to
know.

wib...@bibble.com.invalid

May 25, 2023, 4:05:33 AM5/25/23
On Wed, 24 May 2023 10:04:04 -0700, Paul S Person
<pspe...@old.netcom.invalid> wrote:

>This is completely off-topic, but I know there are other Agent users
>out there and have a pending problem.
>
>My ISP is going to restrict email access (Agent shows the "connection"
>choices under "outgoing email", so that is what this is about) to TLS
>1.2. They are giving July 17 as the date to test my client by.
>
>I can't find any indication in the Help file or on the website for
>Agent whether it supports 1.2 or not. Does anybody know?
>
>If it doesn't, any recommendations of email clients that /do/ support
>TLS 1.2?
>
>Thanks
Ralph the expert on Agent hangs out where you would expect.
alt.usenet.offline-reader.forte-agent

--
NNNN

Paul S Person