J.R.R. Tolkien Day

David Dalton

Jan 2, 2024, 11:06:16 PMJan 2
January 3 is J.R.R. Tolkien Day (his birthday).

"And if I shed a tear I won’t cage it; I won't fear love;
And if I feel a rage I won’t deny it; I won't fear love" (Sarah McLachlan)

Jay E. Morris

Jan 3, 2024, 11:03:04 AMJan 3
On 1/2/2024 10:06 PM, David Dalton wrote:
> January 3 is J.R.R. Tolkien Day (his birthday).

More than happy to let him share my birthday.

Don

Jan 3, 2024, 12:12:05 PMJan 3
David Dalton wrote:
> January 3 is J.R.R. Tolkien Day (his birthday).

How Tolkien Disguised Ice-Age Europe as Middle-Earth
<https://thesaxoncross.substack.com/p/tolkien-ice-age-europe-and-middle>

Danke,

--
Don.......My cat's )\._.,--....,'``. https://crcomp.net/reviews.php
telltale tall tail /, _.. \ _\ (`._ ,. Walk humbly with thy God.

Dimensional Traveler

Jan 3, 2024, 1:02:42 PMJan 3
One suspects it was his before it was yours. :P

dirty old man.

Ted Nolan <tednolan>

Jan 3, 2024, 1:34:57 PMJan 3

http://columbiaclosings.com/pix/23/12/tolkien.jpg
--
columbiaclosings.com
What's not in Columbia anymore..

Louis Epstein

Jan 3, 2024, 4:24:31 PMJan 3
In rec.arts.books.tolkien David Dalton <dal...@nfld.com> wrote:
> January 3 is J.R.R. Tolkien Day (his birthday).

I have always called it Tolkmas,though never gone out
caroling "O Little Town of Bloemfontein".

May 133 Tolkien Reckoning be a happy new year for all!

-=-=-
\

Paul S Person

Jan 4, 2024, 11:47:27 AMJan 4
On Wed, 3 Jan 2024 17:12:02 -0000 (UTC), Don <g...@crcomp.net> wrote:

>David Dalton wrote:
>> January 3 is J.R.R. Tolkien Day (his birthday).
>
>How Tolkien Disguised Ice-Age Europe as Middle-Earth
><https://thesaxoncross.substack.com/p/tolkien-ice-age-europe-and-middle>

Well, /somebody/ had way too much time on his hands.

Very interesting.
--
"Here lies the Tuscan poet Aretino,
Who evil spoke of everyone but God,