Pony Express Courier Newspaper (California History)

Calvin May

Jul 29, 1995, 3:00:00 AM7/29/95
I have 345 issues of "The Pony Express Courier " from June 1934 - Nov
1955" Placerville, Ca. and from Dec 1955 - May 1967 "Sonora, Ca." I have
one almost a complete set of this Newspaper for the above dates. I am
missing a few copies but all in all I have 345 issues in basically
Excellent Condition. This was a monthly newspaper.

I also have 60 extra issues. Anyone interested please contact me. I am
interested in getting rid of the whole set at once and not an issue at a
time.

The Pony Express Courier papers are in very good condition. Most or all
of them have 16 pages.
From May 1934 to Jun 1938 the papers are 15" high by 11 inches wide. From
Jul 1939 to June 1959 the pages are 14 inches high by 10 inches wide and
from June 1962 to May 1967 they are 12 inches high and 9 inches wide.
They did print a lot of articles from the old western past. They are very
interesting. The person that owns the papers and he said that he wanted
$1.00 each for the 345 papers from May 1934 to May 1967. He does, however,
have 60 duplicates which he will sell for $2.00 a copy, depending on
what you want.
I have the following extra copies.
1937 - Dec
1946 - Jan through Dec
1947 - Jan through Dec
1948 - Jan, Feb, May, Jun, Sep & Dec
1949 - Feb, May, Jun, Jul, Aug, Oct, Nov & Dec
1950 - Jan through Jun; Aug, Sep, Oct & Dec
1951 - Jan - Mar; May - Aug
1952 - Mar, Sep & Nov
1962 - Nov

The September 1949 issues has one side of the page marked as September
1949 and the next part marked as September 1948 and they alternate on
each page.

Calvin A. May, Santa Clara, Ca. PRODIGY FBBV33B,

perry...@aol.com

Nov 11, 2014, 10:20:44 PM11/11/14
Calvin,

Interested in your 345 pages. How much for your collection? Not the copies.
Please let me know.

Mike Ryan
209-728-9345