R.I.P. Farley Mowat, 92 (Canadian naturalist: "Never Cry Wolf")

leno...@yahoo.com

May 7, 2014, 5:28:57 PM5/7/14

I read "Owls in the Family" as a kid. Later, I
read "The Dog Who Wouldn't Be." Very good!

Turns out that in one or both of those books, when
Mowat is called Billy by his dad, that was because
"Farley" turned out to be a very bad name, pun-wise,
in elementary school.

https://www.google.com/#q=mowat+92&tbm=nws
(lots of obits - ABC News is at the top)

https://www.google.com/webhp?tab=ww&ei=76NqU7e8IqO3yQGn74GABw&ved=0CBcQ1S4#q=mowat+92
(the Los Angeles Times is at the top)

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.arts.books.childrens/jo4UwptQ_l4
(my birthday post for him in 2011 - one article
tells of when, in 1985, he was forbidden to enter
the U.S.)

Lenona.