Happy 90th, Patricia Hubbell! (Poet: "Trucks: Whizz! Zoom! Rumble!," 2003)

Message has been deleted

leno...@yahoo.com

Jul 10, 2018, 1:03:43 PM7/10/18
She lives in Easton, Connecticut.

https://www.google.com/search?um=1&hl=en&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=BuJEW92YF6vUjwSD65nIAg&q=patricia+hubbell++books&oq=patricia+hubbell++books&gs_l=img.3...4573.113528.0.113768.7.7.0.0.0.0.90.552.7.7.0....0...1c.1.64.img..0.3.242...0i30k1j0i24k1.0.jH9C0du63HM
(covers & photos)

https://www.encyclopedia.com/children/scholarly-magazines/hubbell-patricia-1928

"One of the first poems I remember doing was about a fox that I saw in
the meadow across from our house. He was leaping in the sun and his
coat was shining gold and red. He looked like a dancer! Many years
later, that same fox put in an appearance in a poem that was published
in my first book, The Apple Vendor's Fair. He was still dancing, but
now I knew that what he was really doing was going after a mouse; the
poem was titled 'Prey Ballet.' "

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&biw=1266&bih=813&ei=d-NEW_eFO8OCjwSX54-YDw&q=patricia+hubbell+kirkus&oq=patricia+hubbell+kirkus&gs_l=psy-ab.3..33i160k1.8833.9895.0.10093.7.7.0.0.0.0.136.655.2j4.6.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..1.6.652...0j0i22i30k1j33i21k1.0.QHXsj9o_iP8
(Kirkus reviews)

https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/98737.Patricia_Hubbell
(reader reviews)

https://www.google.com/search?q=patricia+hubbell&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=vid&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJj7vN_ZTcAhWGzIMKHTU-D0kQ_AUIDSgE&biw=1266&bih=813
(videos about her books)

WRITINGS:

POETRY

The Apple Vendor's Fair, illustrated by Julie Maas, Atheneum (New
York, NY), 1963.
8 A.M. Shadows, illustrated by Julie Maas, Atheneum (New York, NY),
1965.
Catch Me a Wind, illustrated by Susan Trommler, Atheneum (New York,
NY), 1968.

The Tigers Brought Pink Lemonade (poems), illustrated by Ju-Hong Chen,
Atheneum (New York, NY), 1988.

A Grass Green Gallop, illustrated by Ronald Himler, Atheneum (New
York, NY), 1990.
Boo!: Halloween Poems and Limericks, illustrated by Jeff Spackman,
Marshall Cavendish (New York, NY), 1998.
Earthmates, illustrated by Jean Cassels, Marshall Cavendish (New York,
NY), 1999.

City Kids, illustrated by Teresa Flavin, Marshall Cavendish (New York,
NY), 2001.
Black Earth, Gold Sun, illustrated by Mary Newell DePalma, Marshall
Cavendish (New York, NY), 2001.
Rabbit Moon: A Book of Holidays and Celebrations, illustrated by Wendy
Watson, Marshall Cavendish (New York, NY), 2002.

PICTURE BOOKS

(With Bethany Roberts) Camel Caravan, illustrated by Cheryl Munro
Taylor, Tambourine (New York, NY), 1996.
(With Bethany Roberts) Eleven Elephants Going Up!, illustrated by Minh
Uong, Whispering Coyote Press (Boston, MA), 1996.
Pots and Pans, illustrated by Diane de Groat, HarperFestival (New
York, NY), 1998.
Wrapping Paper Romp, illustrated by Jennifer Plecas, HarperFestival
(New York, NY), 1998.
Sidewalk Trip, illustrated by Mari Takabayashi, HarperFestival (New
York, NY), 1999.

Bouncing Time, illustrated by Melissa Sweet, HarperCollins (New York,
NY), 2000.
Sea, Sand, Me!, illustrated by Lisa Campbell Ernst, HarperCollins (New
York, NY), 2001.
Black All Around!, illustrated by Don Tate, Lee & Low (New York, NY),
2003.
I Like Cats, illustrated by Pamela Paparone, North-South Books (New
York, NY), 2003.
Trucks: Whizz! Zoom! Rumble!, illustrated by Megan Halsey, Marshall
Cavendish (New York, NY), 2003.
Hurray for Spring!, illustrated by Taia Morley, NorthWord Books
(Minnetonka, MN), 2005.
Trains: Steaming! Pulling! Huffing!, illustrated by Megan Halsey and
Sean Addy, Marshall Cavendish (New York, NY), 2005.
Cars: Rushing! Honking! Zooming!, illustrated by Megan Halsey and Sean
Addy, Marshall Cavendish (New York, NY), 2006.
Firefighters: Speeding! Spraying! Saving!, illustrated by Viviana
Garofoli, Marshall Cavendish (New York, NY), 2007.
Papa Fish's Lullaby, illustrated by Susan Eaddy, NorthWord Books
(Minnetonka, MN), 2007.
Airplanes: Soaring! Diving! Turning!, illustrated by Megan Halsey and
Sean Addy, Marshall Cavendish (New York, NY), 2007.
Police: Hurrying! Helping! Saving!, illustrated by Viviana Garofoli,
Marshall Cavendish (New York, NY), 2008.
My First Airplane Ride, illustrated by Nancy Speir, Marshall Cavendish
(New York, NY), 2008.

OTHER

Pig Picnic (chapter book), illustrated by Nadine Bernard Westcott,
Golden Books (New York, NY), 1999.

Pig Parade (chapter book), illustrated by Nadine Bernard Westcott,
Golden Books (New York, NY), 2002.

Lenona.