Permanent Nipple Rings

aman...@seattle.email.net

Dec 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/27/95
I have a problem, and I was hoping someone could help me resolve it.

A few years ago, I decided to have both my nipples pierced and
nipple rings permanently installed. I was in college at the time,
and I wanted to do something a little different than some of my friends.
Although at times they were slightly uncomfortable (especially with
close-fitting clothes), I have thoroughly enjoyed them and have them
removed, which I understand would be a complicated process anyway.

I'm now seeing a guy seriously, and we've been dating seriously for
the last month. I anticipate that eventually (probably sooner than later)
he'll have the opportunity to see my breasts, and I'm unsure as to how
he'll react to the rings. Can anyone offer any advice in order to avoid
a potentially disastrous situation?

Aside from my ears, my nipples are the only other piercings.

Amanda

Alan

Dec 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/28/95
If he really loves you the nipple rings won't matter a bit. He might even
like them. Maybe you can get him a matched set for his nipples.

Ted O.

Dec 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/28/95
In article <4bt70a$b...@harry.lloyd.com> Alan <aj...@spider.lloyd.com> writes:
>From: Alan <aj...@spider.lloyd.com>
>Subject: Re: Permanent Nipple Rings
>Date: 28 Dec 1995 04:38:34 GMT

>If he really loves you the nipple rings won't matter a bit. He might even
>like them. Maybe you can get him a matched set for his nipples.

Right on! Nipple rings are hot. When I found out my new girlfriend had them, I
was curious and secretly turned on, though a little wary. Well, we talked
about it and I eventually got to experience them first hand. Incredible! Now I
want some... and now I subscribe to this newsgroup!

If you guy is squemish, talk to him and find out why. Maybe he thinks it
hurts you, etc. The more he understands and feels free to be curious, alarmed,
etc., the more likely he is to eventually accept and embrace!

Good luck. Let us know what happens...

Liam R O'Toole

Dec 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/28/95
to aman...@seattle.email.net

Amanda,

I think this is wonderful. My wife adores my one nipple ring, so
much so that I intend to have the other one done as a New Year
present to both of us. The original one is a ball closure ring, but
I would very much like to have it fixed permanently. Several months
ago there was a discussion here about permanent fixtures - not just
nipple rings. I would love to hear how you had them done permanently
and what gauge they are. You shouldn't be ashamed of your piercings.
They are (quite literally) part of you.

Love to hear from you.

Liam

Liam R O'Toole at home: li...@enterprise.net
Manchester, England

Armii

Dec 28, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/28/95
In article <9512271805...@seattle.email.net>,
aman...@seattle.email.net writes:

> I have thoroughly enjoyed them and have them
>removed, which I understand would be a complicated process anyway

I assume you mean don't want to have them removed.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by permanent rings, but I would assume
that you must be a fairly open-minded person to have tried piercing and to
be here on RAB. Considering that, it is doubtful that you would get
serious with someone that couldn't understand if you explained it to him.
If he can't, then maybe it's best you find out early in the relationship.
Personally seeing a picture of a woman's pierced nipple was what first
interested my in piercing. I studied the subject, found out everything I
could about it. Then talked to my wife who told me it was my body and up
to me. Even then I agonized over it for two years before I pierced my
nipples, mainly because her response was less than excited about the
prospect. I finally did it last october. My wife was a little shocked that
I actually went through with it, but she found she likes them. So much so
she is considering piercing one of her nipples to try it out.

Alvin

Alan Eddy

Dec 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/30/95
Here's the best I can offer, attempting to put myself in his shoes --
If this guy is worth keeping, he should understand, accept, and
perhaps greatly admire your nipplerings. He may be initially
shocked, but again he may welcome them with great enthusiasm! A
woman having pierced nipples is a lot more understandable (and by
some individuals, acceptable) than if a man does. Besides, I can
personally think of nothing which could possibly be more sensuously
erotic than a woman wearing nipplerings (except possibly a clit-ring,
but this is a matter of personal preference and not applicable in
your case).

Then too, if you do have your rings removed, it will still be
immediately apparent that your nipples are pierced (although the
holes will all but disappear over time). There is a distinct
possibility that the guy will be offended that you had them removed
without allowing him the opportunity to voice his opinion on removal
or retention.

All in all, I suspect that removing them poses as much risk to the
relationship as keeping them. Besides, if this relationship
collapses, you'll want to keep them anyway (as you said, you are
very pleased with your nipplerings). Since there is similar risk to
the relationship in either case, I say vive la nipplerings!

Robert Simonton

Dec 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/30/95
In article <00001e78...@msn.com> edd...@msn.com (Alan Eddy) writes:
>From: edd...@msn.com (Alan Eddy)
>Subject: RE: Permanent Nipple Rings
>Date: 30 Dec 95 04:05:55 -0800

>A woman having pierced nipples is a lot more understandable (and by
>some individuals, acceptable) than if a man does.

What makes you think so? This is the first opinion I've ever heard that a
person's sex is a factor in the acceptance of pierced nipples.

JENKINME

Dec 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/30/95
to aman...@seattle.email.net
Hi,

You have to be who YOU are. If he can't understand that, then he is
wrong for you.

Melissa

Larissa

Dec 30, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/30/95

I recently dated someone who was...shall we say not the type to be into
bodmods? ANyway, I warned him in advance about my piercings, and while
he was really skeptical at first, he ended up not caring one way or the
other. While this lack of enthusiasm makes him someone I could not spend
the rest of my life with, it was fun to be able to teach someone something
new.

AvalonSM

Dec 31, 1995, 3:00:00 AM12/31/95
>>A woman having pierced nipples is a lot more understandable (and by
>>some individuals, acceptable) than if a man does.

>What makes you think so? This is the first opinion I've ever heard that
>person's sex is a factor in the acceptance of pierced nipples.

Could it be like the male bi-sexual issue......???

Bi-sexuality in women seems to be a desirable trait....ie 3 some, voyeur
fantasies and all.....but bi-sexuality in men is largely a major no-no.
AND yes folks...this felling existing long BEFORE AIDS....so don't use
that cop out excuse pleasssssse!!

In my persoanl experience...(I am a male bi-sexual).....many men, NOT ALL,
I KNOW !!! who have nipple piercings are gay or bi.....therefore it may
indicate a person's sexual preference if a man's nipple is pierced...and
why it is OK for a woman....not for a man.....

BTW I abhore these thoughts in people...I just find them to be
prevalent...
]
Avalon....

Rev. Drew

Jan 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/1/96
AvalonSM (aval...@aol.com) wrote:
: In my persoanl experience...(I am a male bi-sexual).....many men, NOT ALL,

: I KNOW !!! who have nipple piercings are gay or bi.....therefore it may
: indicate a person's sexual preference if a man's nipple is pierced...and
: why it is OK for a woman....not for a man.....

3 years ago this may have been true. Nowadays, We pierce many more
straight men's nipples than we do gay-identified men.

--
Rev. Drew Perforations Piercing Studio
perf...@access.digex.net 900 M St., N.W. Washington, D.C.

shelt...@delphi.com

Jan 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/1/96
Alan Eddy <edd...@msn.com> writes:

>personally think of nothing which could possibly be more sensuously
>erotic than a woman wearing nipplerings (except possibly a clit-ring,
>but this is a matter of personal preference and not applicable in
>your case).

The fact that ones has rings should never be a reason to not carry on a
relathionship, or even discourge one. If a partner says this is the reason
then I would suggest there is something else and this is only an excuse
to move on. Piercing is becoming more widely accepted everyday, and at a
rate I believe is faster than that of the changing fashion. Piercing
is just a form of expression in personnel life and to those who look
down on it, I just move on as I care not to deal with close minded individuals
with no understanding of the compex human mind.

Bottom line if you like it then don't change your life for the acceptance
of another person. If you do you will find at some point you will reflest
back with regret.
11

Armii

Jan 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/1/96
In article <4c6ftp$b...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, aval...@aol.com (AvalonSM)
writes:

>Could it be like the male bi-sexual issue......???
>

>In my persoanl experience...(I am a male bi-sexual).....many men, NOT
ALL,
>I KNOW !!! who have nipple piercings are gay or bi.....therefore it may
>indicate a person's sexual preference if a man's nipple is pierced.

this is stereotyping at its worst. I would think someone who is in one of
the many catagories that are looked down upon by "The Average American"
would know better than to use these crass and sweeping generalizations. I
can tell you from "personal experience" that the average person doesn't
yet know enough about piercing to think of it in any terms. Most people
are shocked, appalled, confused, indignant and disgusted. The same
reaction was apparent in the fifties toward the duck tailed hoods like
James Dean, in the sixties to hippies, and so on. If people who are part
of mainstream stereotyping buy into it, what chance is there of ever
overcoming it?

vshow...@gems.vcu.edu

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
In article 32190, aval...@aol.com wrote:

>In my persoanl experience...(I am a male bi-sexual).....many men, NOT ALL,
>I KNOW !!! who have nipple piercings are gay or bi.....therefore it may

>indicate a person's sexual preference if a man's nipple is pierced...and
>why it is OK for a woman....not for a man.....

>BTW I abhore these thoughts in people...I just find them to be
>prevalent...
>]
>Avalon....

When I first read this, my knee-jerk reaction was that this was somebody
who was severely homphobic. Then I noticed that the poster claims to be a
male bi-sexual and suddenly it all made sense. Of course, in his personal
experience, many men who have nipple piercings are gay or bi; after all, he
probably socializes with many more shirtless gay or bi men than with shirtless
heterosexual men.

This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
demographic mosaic?

AvalonSM

Jan 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/2/96
>When I first read this, my knee-jerk reaction was that this was somebody
>who was severely homphobic. Then I noticed that the poster claims to be
>male bi-sexual and suddenly it all made sense. Of course, in his
personal
>experience, many men who have nipple piercings are gay or bi; after all,
he
>probably socializes with many more shirtless gay or bi men than with
shirtless
>heterosexual men.

Thank you....I am fer sure not a homophobe ...never was or have
been.....my sister is gay......

BTW I also realized that being from the SF Bay Area....where in the
Castro at least....men are often shirtless.....that this entire region may
see pierced nipples on gay/bi men primarily and jump to conclusions....

sort of like if you wear a black leather jacket.....wear a beard....have
and earing and ride a bike you're a Hell's Angel.....and yes it is a
stereotype pigeon hole reaction....but as much as I hate it....isn't that
what western society seems to be VERY good at? putting people into little
boxes so they can be catagorized?

THAT is what I was trying to get at....

AvalonSM

btw I have 3 piercings....nipples and guiche...more to come

but then again.....how many places do ya go where ya see shirtless men?

Michael J. Suzio

Jan 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/3/96
I'm not gay, but I don't let that stop me from living an otherwise
pretty cool life ;-)

- Mike

Anne Greenblatt

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96

>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
>demographic mosaic?

Ok. I know of at least 2 other 20-something, bi or lesbian womyn with
purple hair and 3/4 shaved heads on this group...maybe we were separated
at birth?

--
* Ardvark *
Anne Greenblatt

AvalonSM

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
Gee.....well I am pierced 3 places....nipples and guiche....not pierced
until 7 months ago.....I am male....43, two young children and separated
12 months ago (get the connection? btw it had NOTHNG to do with the
divorce) very vanilla and straight to the "real" world, but a serious
player in SM as a switch....and bi-sexual....however primarily dating only
women...

Cort Odekirk

Jan 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/4/96
> In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu wrote:
>
> >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
> >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
> >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
> >poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
> >demographic mosaic?

Well, I am gay, but working in a fairly upscale corporate environment, (oh the wonders of
septum retainers and long sleeved shirts :).

I think body art may be more prevalent in the gay and/or bi communities because as a group
that has already broken one of the "big" morays of polite society, there is a certain
tendancy toward non-judgementalism, or at the very least more of a live and let live
attitude. Not universal by any means, gays can be judgemental asses just like anyone else,
but the culture tends to value non-conformity to a greater degree than most heterosexual
cultures.

Cort Odekirk
http://www.halcyon.com/maelstrm/homepage.html

Robert H Feiertag

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
>In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu wrote:
>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
>demographic mosaic?

56, gay, 9 pierces

Bob

TATTUDE

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
wrote:

>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
curiosity
>killed the cat).

<snip>

>Since we had a
>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
>little
>demographic mosaic?

Sex................................Male
Sexual preference............Heterosexual
Pierced...........................Yes, only 3 in left ear
Tattooed..........................Yes, heavily

somebody's got to go first,
TATTUDE

Sherry Lin Nelson

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96

: >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity

: >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
: >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a

: >poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
: >demographic mosaic?

Bi, female, 2 piercings besides my ears, one little tat, and
usually not a sexual deviant.

Shechemist
--
S Nelson
"Help me I broke apart my insides. Help me I've got no soul to sell.

Gitchel

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
wrote:
>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
curiosity
>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must
be
>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
little
>demographic mosaic?

Well, I'm pretty sure I'm not gay or bi.

I was also going to deny the "sexual deviate" label, but then I realized
that I
now live in Iowa. It may be, here, that people who put metal rings through
their
nipples - with, at least, a passing interest in tugging on them during
passionate
moments - are, by definition, sexual deviates.

I do have to confess that I was, indeed, a "rebellious college student."
My
politics were just a bit to the left of Mr Hoffman, and I was asked to
leave more
than one institute of higher learning.

The odd thing, though, - given how many years it's been since those
halcyon days
- is that I didn't get pierced until a couple months ago. After becoming
"middle-class" and "old" and a member of the "Establishment", I wonder why
I did
it now.

Perhaps it has everything to do with how time has passed. I've spent a
long
time learning to try to shed guilt and hopelessness, and I think it's
slowly
beginning to work! It's a new feeling for me - freedom. I think most
pierced
folks are more than gay or bi or deviant. I think they are trying to grab
a bit
of personal freedom - and hope. Perhaps gay and bi people are more likely
to have
left behind some of the restraints of social appraisal - or been convinced
that
they're never going to win that game, so why bother? That may be why they
seem
more likely to have taken ownership of themselves - and marked their new
property
with a distinctive bit of metal.

On the other hand, I may just be raving nuts. :-)

Jeff Gitchel
Highwire Publishing, Inc. poke...@eworld.com
2152 Grand Ave 19, West Des Moines, IA 50265 high...@dsmnet.com

Zach Turner

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
Gay

Zach

Johanna L Botari

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96

: >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
: >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
: >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
: >poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
: >demographic mosaic?

Gender: Female
Orientation: None to speak of at the moment
Pierces: 8
Tats: 4
Other: 1 waist chain that will have to be cut off
Sexual Deviance:Huh?
Rebellious College Student: No, University, Yes

--
.sig's in the shop

Dave Re

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
In article <4cj43e$k...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>, TATTUDE <tat...@aol.com> wrote:
>>Since we had a
>>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
>>little
>>demographic mosaic?

Male. Heterosexual. 1 Earring, left ear. 1 tattoo, upper left arm.

:)

--
Dave Re | "There's nothing to do when I check out!
Georgia Institute of Technology | So me and my hammer go house to house"
| Galactic Cowboys

Armii

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
In article <30EC44...@halcyon.com>, Cort Odekirk
<mael...@halcyon.com> writes:

>I think body art may be more prevalent in the gay and/or bi communities
>because as a group

>that has already broken one of the "big" morays of polite society . . .

I really don't know about piercing (I'm not gay or bi and I have three
pierces, all below my neck - go figure), but my guess on tatooing would be
that the miltary (especially the Navy) would have about the highest
percentage of bodies with art on them. I met other sailors from countries
all over the world when I was in, and most had tatoos. My one tatoo was/is
more of a symbol of belonging (real sailors have tatoos), than to any
commmitment to personal bodyart. But then that was almost 20 years ago.

Sean A Corfield

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
|> In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu
wrote:

|> >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
curiosity
|> >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you
must be
|> >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student.

Hmm, bi, a sexual deviant (or so some people tell me) but I wasn't a
particularly rebellious college student...

--
You must be out of your brilliant mind - Furniture
http://uptown.turnpike.net/~scorf

Charles L. Basso Jr.

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96

>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
curiosity
>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you
must be

>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had

>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
little
>demographic mosaic?

Age: 26.5
Gender: M
Orientation: straight (so far)
Depravities: A full accounting would be a waste of bandwidth <G>
Occupation: Geologist/Mineralogist
Piercings: Left nipple (14ga CBR), left lobe (which has been empty for
a *long* time.)
Tats: Four
Marital status: Married 5 yrs.

"You shut up. *You* are the audience. *I* am the author. I OUTRANK
you!" -Franz Liebchen

Nathan A. Hill

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96

>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
>demographic mosaic?

Age: 20.5
Gender: M
Orientation: straight
deviancy: Into BDSM and TG stuff
occupation: Computer Science student on Co-op as UNIX Sysadmin
Piercings: Tragus and left lobe at 16g, Toungue at 12g (will be redone soon)
Tats: none
marital status: engaged

--
slave screams he thinks he knows what he wants | Nathan A. Hill
slave screams thinks he has something to say | nh...@richnet.net

gibbs

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
In article <4ccrp6$9...@newsbf02.news.aol.com>
aval...@aol.com (AvalonSM) writes:

> but then again.....how many places do ya go where ya see shirtless men?

How about the sauna at the health club? After my aerobics class I sat
in the sauna. It's hard to cover up piercings (nipple and PA) in the
sauna, so I said to myself "What the hey." Sure enough a gay guy from
my class starts up a conversation, though never mentioning the
piercings. I kept up the conversation but indicated that I wasn't
interested in a relationship. When it comes down to it, being "hit on"
is always flattering.

boy brent

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
wrote:
: >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
: >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
: >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
: >poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
little
: >demographic mosaic?

Dunno if you're going to get an accurate idea in this way, because publicly
identifying one's self as heterosexual doesn't carry consequences. Anyone
who's read this newsgroup for more than 5 minutes knows by now that i'm gay,
but once upon a time i was terrified at the prospect that anybody would
discover my Terrible Secret.

boy brent, who celebrates the 15th anniversary of his coming out next March.

boy brent | Blob Dough sez:
bca...@cse.ogi.edu | "Vote for me and I'll eat a bug!"

I can hardly claim to be surprised at what my giggling little hindbrain may kick up

Jan 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/5/96
> In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu
> wrote:
>
>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
> curiosity
>killed the cat).

<snip>

>Since we had a
>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
>little
>demographic mosaic?

Well, I guess I fit it relatively well; 21, bi, at least slightly rebellious in
college, multiple pierces and tats. Although I've never fit the stereotypical
'fashion' concept that most people have. I look like a stereotypical farm girl
(or an eastern european housewife) most of the time. Only visible bodyart is my
tragus piercing, which most folks don't notice anyway. Oh well, my two cents.

--Sarah

squeak

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96

>>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity

>>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be

>>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a

>>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
>>demographic mosaic?

Hi,

24 (will be quarter of a century April 10 !).
lesbian.
attended some university, wasn't particularly rebellious.
1 tattoo during university.(next one in the planning stages)
2 pierces (soon to be 3) obtained after my dalliance with higher
education.
not particularly sexually deviant either. although open minded :)

A&J

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96

> >In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu
wrote:

> >>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
> >>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
> >>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
> >>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
> >>demographic mosaic?

I am a bi woman, married to a man. Three tattoos, one cartiledge ear
pierce. Not really a sexual deviant, but definately a deviant.

ambur

--
aeco...@student.med.harvard.edu
ec...@usa1.com

Lars-Ake Persson

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96

>In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu wrote:
>
>>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
>>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
>>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
>>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
>>demographic mosaic?

Ok, As somebody asked -I am 43- GWM- (color is of -NO-importance !)

I do not feel that my sexua

I have two erlobe pierces- right ear (4 and 6 G.) Two nipple pierces -8 G barbells - vertical
and 2 Hafadas 12 g-niobium and an 6 G PA and an 6 Amp.

I do not concider the fact that I am gay has anything what so ewer to do with that I am
tattooed and pierced.

Lars-Ake

Heather Baker

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
vshow...@gems.vcu.edu wrote:
: This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
: killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
: gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
: poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
: demographic mosaic?

I am a bisexual female, and I got both of my nipples done October
7th. My boyfriend and about 10 of my close friends are bisexual as well,
and none of them have their nipples pierced. A co-worker did his own, and
he is totally straight.

--
-+{ Heather Baker }+-
Always on the lookout for a good friend or two.

Frozen Toes

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
>demographic mosaic?

Ummm...where do I lie in the sexual spectrum? I'd probably say
straight...although I am slightly bi curious. I've been out of college
for a while so I can't say that my piercings are out of rebellion. And I
wouldn't consider issues/activities of power exchange as sexual
deviations. So, where do I fit? As for my mods? I've got the
obligatory/socially acceptable ears (8 in total)...and both my nipples
(one by Brian Murphy at Guantlet, S.F. and one by ardvark). And in the
next week I'm getting a frenum..or if they'll do it at the same time, a
ladder. And three tats and a back piece in progress.

If anyone was interested.

--
No good .sig today. If you're bored, check out my construction page. No
home page, just a construction page: http://haven.ios.com/~frozen2s/ Oh

Mark Cornick

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
> >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
> >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
> >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
> >poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
> >demographic mosaic?

Hmm... well, I think it's just a coincidence, but I got my first pierce
(a PA) at about the same time I started questioning my assumption that I
was heterosexual. I can't really say that my current knowledge of my
bisexuality has anything to do with my piercing.

I do think I qualify as a rebellious college student, though - at least
for a few more months :)

--mark

--
"You knew the job was dangerous when you took it, Fred."
corn...@jmu.edu * http://falcon.jmu.edu/~cornicms/

Maxine

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
cba...@ix.netcom.com(Charles L. Basso Jr. ) wrote:
>In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu
>wrote:
>
>>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
>curiosity
>>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you
>must be
>>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had
>>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
>little
>>demographic mosaic?
yrs.

female, 23, capricorn, straight, 6 current pierces (nose, tongue,
earcart, nipple, two navels, (clit hood soon to come?? ;)
seven tats (three ankle, one stomach, one wrist, one shoulder, back of
neck)

fiancee is straight, 23 with both nips done and several tats.

in case anyone really cares...
Maxine
=84Love, where is thy sting?

shahn

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
I'll give my stats.

Name: serena d. dickson Age: 25
Sex: somewhere in between Orientation: bi

Pierces: nipples, lobes (total, 4)
Tatoos : woman's symbol on my shoulder; boy symbol inside it; bow&arrow
on my shoulder blade.

I hope to get my nipples vertically pierced soon....
I want my clit pierced, but trust no one in town.
I want a scene from Auschwitz on my back, in b&w graphic novel-style...
a woman running from a guard (whose pants are down) and a couple other
guards point alarmed.... she is running for the fence, reaching for
something. If you look real close, on the other side of the fence, is a
flower, in color.

Ser(ena) soon to be Shahn Allen LeClaire

Linda Hyman

Jan 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/6/96
I finally have to put in my sense. I have always been intrigued by
tattoos and now have multiple tattoos - including one in the works in
memory of my recently-deceased father. I am a lesbian (but not a
man-hater as some would believe) and am middle-aged. I was a druggie
in college (undergrad) in forestry and horticulture, and, was a
non-druggie, full-time working, self-sufficient grad student (social
work). Now I am a tattooed, non-pierced (the thought makes me cringe
in pain-induced agony), productive member of society with a caffeine
addiction. How does this fit in with the original thread?!

Marley Elizabeth Greiner

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
In article <4cmqma$h...@nico.bway.net> Maxine <jenn...@bway.net> writes:

>cba...@ix.netcom.com(Charles L. Basso Jr. ) wrote:
>>In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu
>>wrote:
>>
>>>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
>>curiosity
>>>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you
>>must be
>>>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had
>>>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
>>little
>>>demographic mosaic?
> yrs.

female 50 (but look early 30s--honest--I'm not just saying that!)

pierces: got a navel pierce today yea!!!!; other pierces are eyebrow, nose,
ear cart, and regular ear piercings. More to come.

tats: 4: one on each arm; 1 in collarbone area; another on back left
shoulder blade

I'm straight, though one never knows. I don't think, though, that my body art
has much of a sexual connotation to it. It's just something I always wanted
to do.

Marley

boy brent

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
Hm, i forgot to mention that i'm returning to college to pick up another
degree. Does that count as 'rebellious student'? i suppose i had the 'sexual
deviant' label long before i had the 'modified body' one...

dawn

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
business owner (conservative business, must wear long clothing!), BI,
nudist, mother, wife, heavily tattooed, pierced,biker,31 year old
broad...

Marley Elizabeth Greiner

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96

>Marley

I forgot to add I've *always* been a rebellious college student, although
rebellion and Ohio State at the present time is an oxymoron. Back
when I was in undergraduate school in Canton, Ohio (1964-1969) one would not
have visited a tattoist without an armed guard. The first person I knew who
ever got tattoos (outside of military men) was in 1970. He had a beautiful
set it jungle birds on both arms he'd gotten Bogota.. Up to that point I'd
thought that tattoos were limited to "Mom" and naked women.

Marley

Jeff N.

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
Well, I'm gay, but I've been fascinated by piercing longer than I've
known I'm gay. I remember stapling my earlobes when I was 5 (much to
the terror of my mom). My list now includes: 5 ear pierces (1 cart),
septum, nostril, 3 nipple pierces, PA, 2 central hafadas. Seems I get one
new hole every year since I entered college.

My husband now has a nipple, PA, and 2 earrings cause he liked the way they
looked on me. I don't think either of us got pierced because we're gay.
Or perhaps indirectly... As a gay man, I'm already on the fringe, and being
on the fringe allows a greater degree of freedom. I'm not trying so hard to
fit into a mold, so I feel free to do whatever I diddly-damn please to myself.
Kinda like being liberated.

Just my 3.5 cents.

Jeff N.
"Life is too short to take seriously."

Johanna L Botari

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
Duncan Busser (alge...@netcom.com) wrote:
: Sexual deviances are hard to define for me. Which leads me to believe
: that I'm sexually deviant. Doesn't everybody tie people to their beds
: and blindfold them and have a hedgehog walk on thier naked chests?

Oh, WOW what a great idea. I have a friend who breeds hedgies, too,
maybe she's got a litter coming soon....

Nicolas Baban

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
:In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu wrote:
: >
: > >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
: > >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
: > >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
: >>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
: > >demographic mosaic?

Well, here goes...

AGE: 26
SEX: Male
ORIENTATION: Hetero
PIERCINGS: Left nipple, considering an ampallang
INK: 2 tats, Jolly Roger on the right shoulder, Yosemite Sam on the left
MISC: Overeducated, underemployed college grad, purveyor of the RAB Love
Hose, 6 cups of coffee/day addict.

--
"Pirate Nick" Baban * "Yes I am a pirate, 200 years too late. The
PIR...@Wolfe.Net * cannons don't thunder, there's nothin' to

"The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to
fill the world with fools." -Herbert Spencer

Robert Dawson

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
I always find these forays into demographics interesting. For myself:

24 yo
Rebellious? I wouldn't say so. More so your atypical doctoral student
who enjoys cartoons and reminding people that their preconceived notion
of an economist is probably incorrect. I tend to dress, I would say,
conservatively most of the time. Pants, usually cords, dress shoes (DM
monk strap), an oxford style shirt (no tie), and a rain shell.
Sexuality? Um, well not sure these days. I've always found members of
both sexes attractive but have only dated one man as opposed to six
women. I think that perhaps I'm a Kinsey (for those who believe it) 5.5
or so. Straight is 6, correct? Anyway, my piercings are so far from my
sexuality I just dont' comprehend how people make any such connection.

I guess that's my 2 cents worth.

robert.tempted

Oh, the RAB calender is fantastic! Thanks Lani and all you others that
were involved in getting that out.

Al

Jan 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/7/96
ard...@richmond.infi.net (Anne Greenblatt) wrote:

>>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
>>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
>>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a

[snipity...snip...]

Male, gay, pierced: PA, both nips, but I didn't like the way one
was healing, so I took it out. That was 10 yeasrs ago. I keep
thinking that SOMEDAY I'll get it repierced. You know...SOMEDAY!!

Al

dmo...@coil.com

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96

Age: 31
Sex: Female
Orientation: Bi
College student and bartender.

MJ
**************************************
I guess I'm just addicted
To the pain of delight

-Melissa Etheridge
**************************************

Gaby

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
Oh, what the heck:

30+; leatherdyke (I don't know if that means I'm deviant or not); 5 pierces, one expanding
tattoo (so far).

Gaby

Ozric Tentacles

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
Been out of the RAB loop for a while, but some of ya'll may recognize
me. I'm the guy who seems to be enjoying getting bit on the RAB
calendar. The blizzard the east coast of North America is getting has
given me enough of a holiday from work to drop by and profile my stats
for your pounding the [n]ext key pleasure.

Gender: Male
Orientation: Straight
Currently playing on TV: Webmaster
Student life: Been there, taking an extended sabbatical. Reasonably
rebellious, or at least ecclectic/iconoclastically leaning.
Tattoos: 2, with vague plans for more.
Pierces: 7 (9 minus 2 empty holes in one ear) with vaguer thoughts
about more.
Sexually deviant: Not really. Intellectually curious and open minded,
though.
Bodyart/Sexuality connection: Yeah, I see a connection between many of
my bodmods and my sexuality, but more to it's expression in general
(and I guess to their specific uses as well), than to that particular
part of my sexuality that is my preference.

-Andy

--
| These days in my five-disc player: Stereolab -- Peng! |
| Stereolab -- The Groop Played: Space Age Bachelor Pad Music |

Joe Tye

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96

> In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu
> wrote:
> >
> >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
> curiosity
> >killed the cat).
>
> <snip>

Sex................................Male
Sexual preference..................Heterosexual (and a bit of a perv.)
Pierced...........................Yes, about 26 still in.
Tattooed..........................Yes, on my way to a body suit

Joe T.

Steve Cotten

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96

P>Gender: Male
>Orientation: Straight
>Occupation: Tattoo Artist/Sysop
>Pierces: 2 Left ear
>Tattoos: 2 many 2 count

Steve
* TATT CHAT! BBS Live From RAINBOW TATU - Hilo, Hawaii *
- (bbs) 808-969-3698 (shop) 808-961-2621 -
- IF YOU CAN THINK IT, WE CAN INK IT -
---
* QMPro 1.53 * To lose all interest in knowledge results in omniscience.

Stan

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
In article <30EC44...@halcyon.com>, Cort Odekirk <mael...@halcyon.com> writes:
>> In article <1996Jan2.1...@gems.vcu.edu>, vshow...@gems.vcu.edu wrote:
>>
>> >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
>
>I think body art may be more prevalent in the gay and/or bi communities because as a group
>that has already broken one of the "big" morays of polite society, there is a certain
^^^^^^
Seen once in a .sig:

"When an eel bites your thigh
as you're swimming by
That's a moray..."

Stan Schwarz | "I just want to live like Yogi Bear
st...@bombay.gps.caltech.edu | He kicks ass on the average bear."
---------------------------------------------------- -Stukas Over Bedrock -----
Since I killfiled *@Prodigy.com, I've been much happier!

Anne Greenblatt

Jan 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/8/96
(Almost) 25 y.o. married actively bi (if I can find a girlfriend, yeah,
right, this is Wretchmond here). I had a Literary Sapphic Xmas -
including an excellent book on "Women and Bisexuality." It's a tough
identity to assume!

Piercings: (deep breath) septum, two right eyebrow, two Labrets, tongue,
both tragus', right Daith, left lower Conch (with keloid), right Helix,
various lobe, 4 10ga outer labia and 10ga horizontal hood. I've had an
equal number of piercings that didn't work out for what ever reason - bad
placement, bad healing (nipple, labia, 3 nostril, ear cartilage).

Ink: The ivy that will eventually creep around and down my body, Celtic
right forearm wrap, unfinished white and purle tribal, deadly nightshade
armband, erotic orchid on back of right shoulder, and misc. stuff that
needs fixin'.

Sexually deviant? Well...we do have am extensive bondage room..."ponyboy."

--
* Ardvark *
Anne Greenblatt
Piercing FAQ Manager for rec.arts.bodyart
Proprietor - Piercing Exquisite, Richmond, Va.
COMING SOON IN THE NEW YEAR * THE WEBPAGE!

Eric McGlohon

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
Robert Dawson (rda...@vt.edu) wrote:
: women. I think that perhaps I'm a Kinsey (for those who believe it) 5.5
: or so. Straight is 6, correct? Anyway, my piercings are so far from my

I think you mean kinsey .5 (0 is totally het, 6 is totally homo).

Obthread: kinsey 1.5, computer geek, enagaed, polyamorous, 9 pierces, 2 tats.

--
Eric J. McGlohon | dek...@msen.com | "I'm not in the business...
Dekard Software, Inc. | Ann Arbor, MI | I am the business." -Rachael, BR

Kate Pohjola

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
vshow...@gems.vcu.edu wrote:
:This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
:killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
:gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
:poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
:demographic mosaic?

age : 24.5
gender : F
orientation : mostly but not completely straight (ok, Lani, so you were
kinda right about the gaydar thingie)
deviant : given the right person and situation, probably
occupation : public librarian
piercings : both (symmetry is the key here) : tragii, rooks, lobes,
cartilege, and nipples.
tattoos : two, with at least two more planned

i wasn't much of a "rebel" at my undergraduate college, although i didn't
exactly fit in, either. then, i've never really fit in anywhere (: i
stood out in graduate school mostly because the average age of the
students in my program was around 37. my interest in bodyart, and
piercing in particular, developed way before my [actually very
current] realizations/personal admission that i'm not completely
straight and that i'm somewhat of a deviant (: i see it more as a
coming together of the various things about me that make me the
whole person that i am and always striving to be.

katester

--
"The New Year is the usual time to make resolutions, so I guess I'll go
with the flow. I resolve to keep griping, exercise less, and learn to

Kati Schardl

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96

>>I think body art may be more prevalent in the gay and/or bi communities because as a group
>>that has already broken one of the "big" morays of polite society, there is a certain
> ^^^^^^
>Seen once in a .sig:
>
>"When an eel bites your thigh
> as you're swimming by
> That's a moray..."

Bwaaah ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!

Now that I've caught my breath from that fit of laughter:

Age: 39
Sex: female
Orientation: bi
Deviant: Whenever I get the chance!
Occupation: Office manager for major newspaper; record store peon (it's
not a job, it's nothin' but a party, y'all!)
Piercings: Three holes in one ear lobe, two in the other, considering my
options for futher piercings (one of my best friends and
fellow record store peons is our local piercing goddess)
Tats: Right ankle--the mantra Om Mani Padme Hum in Sanskrit, two small
lotus blossoms, large lotus on inside of leg; left ankle--cute
little leaping dolphin that needs some touch-up work, soon to be
joined by a Celtic band and who knows what else. Considering work
for shoulders and lower back. Can't get enough of that inky
stuff!

I was an extremely rebellious teenager and college student, so I find it
very ironic that now, later in life when I have more balance and am more
settled into myself as a person, is when I am exploring the wonderful
world of bodmods. Every tat and pierce is a celebration, and expression,
of who I am and how happy I am to be here!

Cheers, dears!

Kati

PS. Thanks, Mama Lani, for the groovy calendar! Somehow, I knew that's
what Brent would look like (horns and all)!

Myrddin

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
Lars-Ake Persson (lin...@algonet.se) wrote:
: msu...@cerberus.umd.umich.edu (Michael J. Suzio) wrote:
: >I'm not gay, but I don't let that stop me from living an otherwise
: >pretty cool life ;-)
: >
: > - Mike

: Good to you Michael! - this must be the blatant height of rude inpertinence
: against us gays that reads this newsgroup- this year.. so far..

: Why do you flaunt your sexual preference as an important fetature in
: your post ?

: Do you have anything to say -exept that you are straight ?

: Are you pierced or tattooed ?

: Take care-play safe,

: Lars-Ake

: *** A gay man is good to find ! ***

This isn't meant as a flame or anything, but I find it interesting that
Lars berates (not a little one, either - 'blatant height of rude inpertinence
against us gays') msuzio for allowing his sexual preference to be an
'important feature' to his post, yet his own .sig does just that. :-)

Moral of the story (?): Before berating someone for professing their
sexuality, realize that many people are proud of their their sexuality,
regardless of what it is (as both msuzio and Lars have demonstrated)

Ob post: Has anyone ever had any problems using irregularly shaped 'balls'
on the ends of their tongue barbell? I've had my tongue pierced for almost
5 months now, and have seen some interesting barbell 'ends' (skulls, etc),
but was wondering if hte odd shape would aggravate the tongue or the roof
of my mouth?

- Myrddin

[+]================================INVICTUS==============================[+]
| OutOfTheNightThatCoversMe,BlackAsPitchFromPoleToPole,IThankWhateverGods|
| MayBeForMyUnconquerableSoul.InTheFellClutchOfCircumstance,IHaveNeither |
| WincedNorCriedAllowed,UnderTheBludgeoningsOfChance,MyHeadIsBloodyButUn-|
| Bowed.BeyondThisPlaceOfWrathAndTears,LoomsButTheHorrorOfTheShade,AndYet|
| TheMenaceOfTheYearsFindsMe,AndShallFindMe,Unafraid.ItMattersNotHow |
| StraightTheGate,HowChargedWithPunishmentTheScroll,IAmTheMasterOfMyFate,|
| IAmTheCaptainOfMySoul. -William Ernest Henley |
[+]=================================================================moo.=[+]

Jason Rutter

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
In message <4crpmo$5...@news1.ucsd.edu>
Gaby <gt...@ucsd.edu> writes:

> 30+; leatherdyke (I don't know if that means I'm deviant or not)

Only if you do it right!

Jase

--
Jase`s Comedy Pages: http//webzone1.co.uk/www/hahaha/
Link Tank site of the Month Jan 1996

Eileen

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96

.This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
.curiosity
.killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you
.must be
.gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had

>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
>little
>demographic mosaic?

> yrs.

Age: 26, mostly het (except for lately - but that's a long story), 11 pierces
(5 ear, septum, both nipples, navel, both inner labia..and a triangle as soon
as I can save enough pennies..:)), no tats yet ( I haven't had a design cry
out to me yet....if you know what I mean....), I've got dreds that are dyed
pink (does that count?) Occupation: Gaffer (Film Industry lighting designer)

I never really thought of myself as 'rebellious' (but I went straight from
Mr. Rodgers to Black Flag, so what I consider run of the mill is probably
rebellious by most peoples standards) or sexually deviant- I just have my own
ideas about what's fun ;)

Eileen
-who's been working way too much lately....

"God gave us a penis and a brain, but only enough blood to run one at a
time."
-Robin Williams

Anne Greenblatt

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
In article <4cm6d2$q...@acme.freenet.columbus.oh.us>,
hba...@freenet.columbus.oh.us (Heather Baker) wrote:

> I am a bisexual female, and I got both of my nipples done October
>7th. My boyfriend and about 10 of my close friends are bisexual as well,
>and none of them have their nipples pierced.

So...all the responses from bisexual pierced and inked womyn have me
wondering - why can't I find any of you here?

Which brings up another matter...I feel I must maintain a professional
relationship with my clients. It kills me when a beautiful young woman
comes in and I must refrain from asking her out...:P

It's been 10 months too long...sigh.

SHERRY L NELSON

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
Anne Greenblatt (ard...@richmond.infi.net) wrote:
: So...all the responses from bisexual pierced and inked womyn have me

: wondering - why can't I find any of you here?

They aren't here in Las Cruces NM either. Or if they are, they
are well hidden.

Shechemist

--
S Nelson
"Help me I broke apart my insides. Help me I've got no soul to sell.
Help me the only thing tha works for me. Help me get away from
myself"
-NIN

Armii

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
In article <DKrqn...@cs.fredonia.edu>, Agle
<agle...@oak.ait.fredonia.edu> writes:

>What do I look for that will tell me if the person or salon is OK or not
>OK? Can they really grow out? 14 or 18 gauge? Gun or needle? Forcepts
>or not? Thanks to you all from Agle

If you are going to put a hole in a boat, you definalty need a gun, a big
gun. Somewhere around 50 calibre.

indi...@delphi.com

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
SHERRY L NELSON <sne...@nmsu.edu> writes:

>: So...all the responses from bisexual pierced and inked womyn have me
>: wondering - why can't I find any of you here?
>
> They aren't here in Las Cruces NM either. Or if they are, they
>are well hidden.

not having much luck myself, and Im from NYC!! guess its just where im
looking :) Danielle

mark purvis

Jan 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/9/96
Sorry 'bout this, but I just saw somebody mention "ampallang/pallang".
Is there such a piercing, and could somebody describe it to me?

Thanks
mark

cmccl...@shrsys.hslc.org

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
Ringing in on this one, Alex...

Gender: Female, age 36.
Orientation: Bi, married to a man. 1 great kid.
Studenthood: Many moons ago, wild and rebellious, still having fun!
Tattoos: 2, planning more.
Pierces: 5 in ears, enough for me (although I'm pining for my long lost
self-cartilage pierce that closed up years ago...).
Sexual: Fun lovin' "bad girl"!
Job: Librarian
Bodyart/Sexuality connection: Erotic enhancers, but no expression of sexual
preference.

Cynthia

Gaby

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
Hi all you r.a.b.bits!
Y'all should check out the "bodmod"
discussion thread currently running on r.a.f.

The opinions of these self-styled art lovers (experts,
connoiseurs, etc.) leaves much to be desired. I put in my
$0.02 already. Anyone else here care to comment?

Gaby

Gaby

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
Ummm... is there something wrong with
lesbians? ;-)

Gaby

Rev. Drew

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
Anne Greenblatt (ard...@richmond.infi.net) wrote:
: Which brings up another matter...I feel I must maintain a professional

: relationship with my clients. It kills me when a beautiful young woman
: comes in and I must refrain from asking her out...:P

and what do you do if they ask YOU out?

I've had clients who later approach me at nightclubs ask me out...I
figure this is fine, since this an informal social setting, rather than a
professional one. :)

--
Rev. Drew Perforations Piercing Studio
perf...@access.digex.net 900 M St., N.W. Washington, D.C.
http://www.access.digex.net/~perforat (202) 289-8863

Jeff Kuure

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
Hetero
One upper left ear cartilage
One right nostril (done by friend Joyce)
Fly on right ankle (done with needle and india ink in study hall in 11th
grade)
Sun on left ankle (done with needle and india ink last easter out of
boredom)
Sun on lower back (storebought)
I deliver pizzas and go to college.
I don't think so but maybe I am rebellious.

Jeff

rmck...@kate.smith.edu

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
age: 22
sex: F
orientation: debatable, but largely het. i would say 90%, or
a 1 on the kinsey scale.
pierces: 4 regular ear, 1 upper cart (right), considering labret
and/or vert. hood (if i'm built for it and if i quit horseback
riding - yow!)
tats: 1 watch-sized of a compass rose on my left wrist
rebellious college student status: check, although i don't really
look the part. also graduating in 4 months, so my status will
expire soon.
deviance: haven't had that much of a chance, really, but could
definitely be into it...

- brookes

also want to get more tats as soon as i can make up my mind about
what/where to get them!

dawn

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
to ard...@richmond.infi.net
trapped in the frozen tundra of NH.....
:)dawn

Armii

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
In article <ardvark-0901...@h-aqaumarine.richmond.infi.net>,
ard...@richmond.infi.net (Anne Greenblatt) writes:

>So...all the responses from bisexual pierced and inked womyn have me
>wondering - why can't I find any of you here?

Let's see, there are 200 million people in the US and there are a couple
of dozen bi, inked, and pierced women that post in this group. It does
seem odd, doesn't it :>}

BTW, why do you spell it womyn?

dmo...@coil.com

Jan 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/10/96
> sne...@nmsu.edu (SHERRY L NELSON) writes:
> Anne Greenblatt (ard...@richmond.infi.net) wrote:
> : So...all the responses from bisexual pierced and inked womyn have me

> : wondering - why can't I find any of you here?
>
> They aren't here in Las Cruces NM either. Or if they are, they
> are well hidden.
>
> Shechemist

Couldn't be as bad as Cleveland...then there are those who say
nothing could be as bad as Cleveland.

MJ
**************************************
I guess I'm just addicted
To the pain of delight

-Melissa Etheridge
**************************************

boy brent

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
In article <4cuftc$d...@news.fsu.edu>,
Kati Schardl <ka...@wane-leon.scri.fsu.edu> wrote:
:PS. Thanks, Mama Lani, for the groovy calendar! Somehow, I knew that's
:what Brent would look like (horns and all)!

Who, lil ol' me? >;)

boy brent | Blob Dough sez:
bca...@cse.ogi.edu | "Vote for me and I'll eat a bug!"

Kati Schardl

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96

No, ma'am! Nothing wrong at all! Good point. But to comment on Anne's
original post about the invisibility of inked and pierced bi womyn, I
think that we don't stand out from the crowd precisely because our
bi-ness allows us to move quite comfortably beyond the artificial
barriers set up by society to identify people by sexual preference. In
other words, we're equally at home with hets and gays. So, unless you
do a little prospecting, you never know if that tattooed, pierced gal pal
you always assumed to be het is actually wanting an up-close-and-personal
look at your own bodyart!

Kati

Wendy Anne Mitchell

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
24 yr. old lesbian
university student, but hardly rebellious, your typical "nice" girl
8 lobe piercings (I think they are procreating)
1 tragus, hoping soon to have the other
1 outer labia

planning on a veritcal hood (next week, with luck)
and at least 1 tat on my inner thigh.

wam

"Reality is in the mind of the beholder"--unknown

Anne Greenblatt

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
In article <4d0k5b$9...@news4.digex.net>, perf...@access1.digex.net (Rev.
Drew) wrote:

>Anne Greenblatt (ard...@richmond.infi.net) wrote:
>: Which brings up another matter...I feel I must maintain a professional
>: relationship with my clients. It kills me when a beautiful young woman
>: comes in and I must refrain from asking her out...:P
>
>and what do you do if they ask YOU out?
>
>I've had clients who later approach me at nightclubs ask me out...I
>figure this is fine, since this an informal social setting, rather than a
>professional one. :)

Ah...but you are *lucky* in that you have *clubs* to go to. Richmond is
oppressive sometimes, too much attitude in certain circles, and I don't
like Avail.

Anne Greenblatt

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
In article <4cov1p$f...@news1.wolfe.net>, pir...@wolfe.net (Nicolas Baban) wrote:

>purveyor of the RAB Love Hose

And what a fine hose it is! ;)

s220...@nickel.laurentian.ca

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
>>>This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
>>>killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
>>>gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a

female, straight, age 20. always was rebellious in high school, and really
took off when i got my nose pierced. since then, i'm a dominant female,
(sado/masochism), don't know if you'd call that a sexual deviant, haven't
gotten any tattoos yet, but there's two planned for the future, and i
have 17 piercings... 6 in one ear, 7 in the other, the nose, both
nipples and the naval. there's a slight possibility of another "below
the belt" piercing, but i'm a little iffy on that one...

cassandra 'spirit'
9311...@ramsey.cs.laurentian.ca

Slayer of Grendel

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
: SHERRY L NELSON <sne...@nmsu.edu> writes:
:
: > They aren't here in Las Cruces NM either. Or if they are, they
: >are well hidden.
:
I have bumped into only a (small) handful in Las Cruces Sherry. I will
try to remember who and where. A friend or two of mine reports such.
-steve

Anne Greenblatt

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
In article <4d0ubj$p...@news1.ucsd.edu>, Gaby <gt...@ucsd.edu> wrote:

>Ummm... is there something wrong with
>lesbians? ;-)

Absolutely nothing! Just that I understand a good portion of the lesbian
community sees us bi's as sitting on the fence, or the extreme, we're
resposible for infecting lesbians with HIV. And gads I'm married to a het
boy.

I do have a few close dyke friends, though. But I always feel WEIRD going
into the local bookstore...uh...yes, I'm wearing a skirt, and this is my
HUSBAND...

boy brent

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
In article <4d0u0k$p...@news1.ucsd.edu>, Gaby <gt...@ucsd.edu> wrote:
:The opinions of these self-styled art lovers (experts,

:connoiseurs, etc.) leaves much to be desired. I put in my
:$0.02 already. Anyone else here care to comment?

Well, if it's long-running discussions you want, there's been a
controversy for nigh-on thirty years or longer between members
of the literary/fine arts culture and members of the scientific
community about who gets bragging rights for the term "intellectual."
If some in the humanities can't even accept the idea of *science*
as a worthwhile pursuit, it would hardly surprise me to see a handful
of self-styled art snobs looking down their noses at something as
new [sic] as body art.

Jim Miller Jr.

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96

> >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know, curiosity
> >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you must be
> >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had a
>>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this little
> >demographic mosaic?

OK, might as well jump in.

AGE: 26 tomorrow (January 12)
SEX: Male
ORIENTATION: Hetero
PIERCINGS: 2 lobe, 1 tongue
INK: 2 tats - wall flash type (I LIKE flash) Left arm - rose/dagger, right arm -
shamrock and my name
MISC: College drop out, trade school completely unrelated to my current field,
part-time musician (or at least trying)

|Jim Miller, Jr. <jmil...@lsfcu.org> Systems Administrator|
|Liberty Savings Federal Credit Union Jersey City, New Jersey USA|
|Eagle Scout - '88 Vigil - '94 Meechgalhukquot-"Redheaded One"|
|Advisor, Explorer Post 348 Hudson Liberty Council, BSA|
|http://www.njaccess.com/jim/ MBTI - ENTP|

Anne Greenblatt

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
In article
<Pine.OSF.3.91.960109...@hubble.sheridanc.on.ca>, mark
purvis <pur...@hubble.sheridanc.on.ca> wrote:

>Sorry 'bout this, but I just saw somebody mention "ampallang/pallang".
>Is there such a piercing, and could somebody describe it to me?

From the Piercing FAQ:

*Ampallang*

Initial healing: 6 to 10 months.

The Ampallang is made horizontally through the glans (head). There is some
debate among piercers regarding the placement of the Ampallang. A piercing
intersecting the urethra is in effect two piercings, allowing urine to irrigate
through the piercings. Piercers who prefer the transurethral piercing
contend that a transurethral piercing tends to heal faster and be stronger than
a piercing made above the urethra.

Initial jewelry: Barbells in 14 to 10 gauge; the length of the
barbell must be determined by measuring the penis while it is
erect, using calipers.

*Apadravya*

Initial healing: 4 to 8 months; maybe less if the piercing is a continuation
of the Prince Albert.

The Apadravya is made vertically through the glans, and is often a
continuation of the Prince Albert. Both the Ampallang and Apadravya will
bleed considerably during the first week. They may take a year or more to
completely heal.

J. Eric Townsend

Jan 11, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/11/96
"ardvark" == Anne Greenblatt <ard...@richmond.infi.net> writes:
ardvark> Initial healing: 6 to 10 months.

Mine started growing out after two years, I took it out at three.
--
J. Eric Townsend j...@genmagic.com USA 408.774.4252 (play: j...@well.sf.ca.us)
--- Void in Prohibited Areas ---

christine gazak

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
Stuck in Salt Lake City, but not for long! Moving to NYC fairly soon as
that's where my s.o. is from and he misses it terribly. Actually,
there's a fair number of bi women out here, but most of them refuse to
mark their bodies, I have no idea why...I can't stop doing stuff to mine. ;)

Christine
--
christi...@m.cc.utah.edu
By its very duration, nature defies time and takes its revenge on man.

Dave

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
Okay,
Age: 23
Sexuality: Hetero
Piercings: a nice even 10, including my new frenum and both nipples,
yummy
Tattooos: 2: bikes on my arm band, and an Aries Ram on my shoulder

Love 'em all

ciao

Dave Thompson uya, the human compass
dath...@bridge.uwaterloo.ca LAST SIGHTED IN P.O.E.T.S,
(519)884-5914, 888-4762 HEADED (BEHEADED) TOWARDS
THE ORIFICE, ON A BIKE...

boy brent

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
In article <ardvark-1101...@h-navy.richmond.infi.net>,
Anne Greenblatt <ard...@richmond.infi.net> wrote:
:Just that I understand a good portion of the lesbian

:community sees us bi's as sitting on the fence, or the extreme, we're
:resposible for infecting lesbians with HIV. And gads I'm married to a het
:boy.

Gawd i wish people would just get over themselves and stop being
so judgemental of others. If somebody wants to be bisexual i say
live and let live. The only thing that gets me steamed are those
bisexuals who go around making condescending remarks about
"monosexuals", or who opine that everyone is basically bisexual
when the truth is that they're just overgeneralizing on the basis
of their own experiences. That really torques my knobs.

Scott Dorsey

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96
In article <ardvark-1101...@h-navy.richmond.infi.net> ard...@richmond.infi.net (Anne Greenblatt) writes:

>Absolutely nothing! Just that I understand a good portion of the lesbian

>community sees us bi's as sitting on the fence, or the extreme, we're
>resposible for infecting lesbians with HIV. And gads I'm married to a het
>boy.

Yes, but we forgive you because he's a very cute little het boy.
--scott

GK Lamke

Jan 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/12/96

Ack..I think my first post got lost..but anyway *wave* here I am..in New
Mexico *grin*

Kat
Luv...@AOL.com (personal email)
phe...@unm.edu (public email)

E. George Oeser

Jan 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/13/96
26 year old gay male
Lateral ear lobe, eyebrow, both nipples, PA, and guiche
no tats yet, but I have the design all picked out, just waiting to get
the nerve up (I keep hearing about how painful tats are that are on the
spine)
I have a weakly defined underwear fetish, is that deviant?
and before I say if I'm rebellious or not I want someone to define
rebellious.

E. George Oeser

Sarah Fox Jahn

Jan 13, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/13/96
Hmmm... I am a bit curious why non-gay/bi people are replying to this
thread. While reading about their bod-mods are interesting, maybe
they should go under a new, edited subject heading, like "Hey buddy,
what you got there?" ;)

Just a thought --
Sarah Jahn
Texas A&M Archaeology Ph.D. program

Qathi

Jan 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/14/96
> >This led to wonder what percent of the RAB is gay or bi (I know,
curiosity
> >killed the cat). The stereotype is that if you have piercings, you
must be
> >gay, a sexual deviant, or a rebellious college student. Since we had
>>poll on the ages of RABbits, why not find out how many of us fit this
little
> >demographic mosaic?

My curiosity hasn't killed any cats yet...I think thats another newsgroup.

qathi

boy brent

Jan 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/14/96
In article <4d75c0$k...@news.tamu.edu>,
Sarah Fox Jahn <sfj...@tam2000.tamu.edu> wrote:
:Hmmm... I am a bit curious why non-gay/bi people are replying to this
:thread.

Agreed. From the beginning i don't know what this thread was
trying to prove.

Armii

Jan 14, 1996, 3:00:00 AM1/14/96
In article <4d75c0$k...@news.tamu.edu>, sfj...@tam2000.tamu.edu (Sarah Fox
Jahn) writes:

>Just a thought --
>Sarah Jahn
>Texas A&M Archaeology Ph.D. program

This thread started out trying to find out if most pierced males were bi
or gay. If only bi and gay people replied then we wouldn't find out.
Actually I thought it was odd that all the females have been replying (as
this started out by someone saying that most of the men with nipple rings
they knew were bi or gay), but I figured that someone out there would keep
track and give us a statistical summary for both genders sometime later.

It is loading more messages.