Blood-thinning meds and getting a tattoo

Steven York

Aug 13, 2003, 12:48:21 AM8/13/03
First of all, let me apologize if this has been asked before--I didn't seem
to see anything about this, so I decide to ask.

I want to get a tattoo. I have high cholesterol and my doctor has me taking
a "baby" aspirin daily to help thin my blood. I have read and heard that
blood-thinning medications should not be taken if one wants to get a tattoo.

What is the rule-of-thumb here? Should I pause my aspirin intake before
going in? How long before should I stop? Does it even matter with baby
aspirin? Is what I've heard only for the high-powered blood-thinners?

Thanks in advance!
--S.Y.

JSin

Aug 13, 2003, 1:17:41 AM8/13/03
Steven York wrote:

> What is the rule-of-thumb here? Should I pause my aspirin intake before
> going in? How long before should I stop? Does it even matter with baby
> aspirin? Is what I've heard only for the high-powered blood-thinners?

It should be told to your artist.. it "can" be an issue, I general it is
not something that *should* keep you from being inked. Personally I
would likely tell you to stop 48 hrs prior... Would it stop me from
inking you.... Likely not the difference in the blood and skin is
marginal for small pieces. If you are looking at a 6 hr sitting.... I
may reconsider my position.

If in doubt consult a BODMOD friendly professional. I am not a doctor I
just push the ink.

--
JSin
Lost Generation Custom Tattoo

Steven York

Aug 13, 2003, 2:16:20 AM8/13/03
Yes, I'm getting two small (quarter-sized) designs, one above each ankle.
It's no big deal for me to stop 48 hrs prior.

Thanks!

"JSin" <js...@ennie.idiotbudy.com> wrote in message

Rufus

Aug 13, 2003, 2:23:04 AM8/13/03

Aspirin is not a blood thinner. Its effects are that of antiplatelet
therapy. It presents the formation of platelets thus reducing or
eliminating clot formations in the blood vessels. I don't feel that a baby
aspirin (81mg) a day will preclude you from obtaining a tattoo. Good
luck!!!!

"Steven York" <fsn...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

i'll teach you to turn away.

Aug 13, 2003, 8:26:47 AM8/13/03
Steven York <fsn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
SY> I want to get a tattoo. I have high cholesterol and my doctor has me tak
SY> a "baby" aspirin daily to help thin my blood. I have read and heard that
SY> blood-thinning medications should not be taken if one wants to get a tat

SY> aspirin? Is what I've heard only for the high-powered blood-thinners?

they're talking about the serious blood-thinning meds or various
amounts of booze. don't bother stopping your therapy for dime-sized
tattoos; just make the artist aware & don't whine if you see a full drop
of blood instead of only microsprays. you'll be fine.

lish "i'm tangled & mangled
cr...@got.net by her callous charm." -jc
39.3% / 30 RANA 125 / 68

dee

Aug 17, 2003, 10:56:03 AM8/17/03
Aug 17, 2003, 5:48:29 PM8/17/03
dee <deeahblita_@_yahoo_._com> wrote:
d> PPS: AND to add to the idiot factor for your amusement, if I had clicked
d> send without looking first, this would have only gone to lish, not to the
d> group. *sigh*

uh, & i wouldn't've known what to do with it in my inbox any more
than i know what to do with it on my newsgroup. the hell?

lish "i'm sorry i punched you in the throat.
cr...@got.net get up." -jerkcity

Emmet Knowles

Nov 16, 2016, 5:49:19 PM11/16/16

johnan...@gmail.com