I got an upside-down pineapple tattoo - I didn't know its racy hidden meaning

Stupid sluts

Mar 12, 2023, 7:05:02 PM3/12/23
What were they inking?

Several women on TikTok are seriously regretting their tattoos of an
upside-down pineapple after choosing the design without knowing its
meaning.

A quick Google search would inform eager ink seekers that the turned-over
fruit is commonly used as a symbol for swingers looking for a good time.

Unlucky Brittany Lewin learned about that signal after she chose a line
drawing of a pineapple inside a triangle.

“Is that an upside-down pineapple?” her friend responded to a text message
of Lewin excitedly showing off her new addition in a viral TikTok.

“Hahaha not when my arm is down,” Lewin responded, naively.

Then she did her own Google search. “I’ve made a mistake besties,” Lewin
captioned the clip, showing the shocking search results.

Viewers on TikTok both laughed and sympathized with Lewin over her
oversight.

“What was your reasoning behind getting that tattoo then? I’m dying here,”
one asked.

“It’s meant to represent being a boss babe and the triangle is my lucky
symbol,” Lewin responded.

“Well, you wouldn’t win either way. Even if you put it the right way up,
when you put your arm back down from behind it’d still be upside down,”
another pointed out.

“Just turn it into Spongebob’s house and add some sea shells,” one
laughed.

Meanwhile, TikTok user Hanna Roigz explained in June that she
“impulsively” chose to get a pineapple tattooed on her arm on the last day
of her Hawaiian vacation.

“I wanted it to be upside down because I wanted to be able to see it at
all times and then later found out the meaning of upside down pineapples,”
she explained, adding that she’s managed to find the humor in her error.

“I think it’s hilarious,” she smiled.

One user wasn’t so easygoing. Stitching a video of a tattoo artist trying
to talk a client out of a pineapple tattoo, @callmebex11 interrupted, “Or,
and hear me out on this one, you could just acknowledge that sometimes
tattoos really just are for the client and not for the rest of the world.”

Other users agreed with their hot take.

“Ugh… how DARE people want their own art on their own body to look how
they want,” one groaned, sarcastically.

Comments:

1SilverEagleSoars

This once again shows my dad was right. A tattoo is a permanent reminder
of a temporary bad decision.

I can't tell you how many times I asked someone what the tattoo was
supposed to be and they answered, "a mistake."

elusive one

The definition of tattoo, a permanent testament to a temporary frame of
mind. I kid you not. Too many people just have to join the herd, you
couldn't have convinced them to get a tat 30 years ago if their life
depended on it.

Jay Hanig

I note the irony of someone who tries to distinguish themselves from
everyone else by becoming just part of the herd.

I don't have any tattoos; only scars, and those weren't a choice.

Lane West

Tattoos cheapen the wearers - period. There is just no way to cut it
otherwise. And as you age, the tattoos look worse.

<https://nypost.com/2023/01/26/i-got-an-upside-down-pineapple-tattoo-i-
didnt-know-its-hidden-meaning/>