PA as first piercing?

1 view

TolaSurfer

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
I am thinking about getting a PA. I don't have any piercings
at all right now (no tatoos either). I'm a pretty clean cut guy but,
then again, I ride a motorcycle and surf so go figure : )
Seriously, I'm not sure if I would want to have any highly visible
piercings (like tongue, ears, nose, etc.) but one that is generally
hidden (except to those I fool around with) is cool.
I'm really turned on by the thought of having a PA. I think
they look really cool plus I've heard they really feel good,
especially during jerking off. So, I was hoping those of you who have
PAs could answer a few questions I have....

-How painful was it when you first had the piercing done?
-How long did it take to heal?
-When was the first time you jerked off after getting your PA?
-Do you ever take off your ring? If so, when and why?
-What do you like about your PA?
-What don't you like?
-How does it feel? How much different is say J/Oing with a PA?
-Doesn't your cock head get constricted when it gets hard?
-Are some cocks/cock heads better "candidates" for PAs than others?
If so, in what ways?
-How much did it cost to get pierced (including the jewelery)?

Thanks a lot!

Andrew

Andrew

Marquis de Carabas

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
<ahhh... I get to repeat most of the info I posted before...
Isn't it in the FAQ, too...>

TolaSurfer wrote:
> I am thinking about getting a PA.

<snip>

> -How painful was it when you first had the piercing done?

I had my urethra numbed for placing the needle, so I felt very little
pain - just a quick punch, a tug & it was done. Also, re: the previous
info post, according to some of my sources, the Edwardian version had
men shoving cocaine down the urethra to numb things while the piercing
was being placed.
Xylocaine has the advantage of being a) synthetic & less prone to
variation and b) legal....

> -How long did it take to heal?

About 3 weeks - but then again, I've heard tell that it can take some
folks almost 6.

> -When was the first time you jerked off after getting your PA?

Ummm... er... about a week
::ducks the virtual objects thrown at him for being a wee bit masochistic::
But I was not pleased at that point - it felt too raw for me to
enjoy it too much. I tried it again at about 2 weeks and was much happier...

> -Do you ever take off your ring? If so, when and why?

Yes. Constantly.
I clean my jewelry on a daily basis w/ soap & water, check for any
corrosion or build-up, etc. and sterilize it on a weekly basis.
Also, there are times that I don't want a CBR in (aesthetic
reasons), so I'll switch to a DB Horseshoe or an Arc (which I originally
bought for my ampallang...).
Oh... and the occasional first date ;).

> -What do you like about your PA?

Almost everything. I got it because I thought it looked cool, had asked
my friends if they liked theirs, had done research and came to the
conclusion I would like it. And got the piercing.
I recommend that level of preparedness before you poke a hole
_anywhere_ in your body...

> -What don't you like?

Having to bring up the "something extra" to someone I'm trying to get
into the sack... ;)

> -How does it feel? How much different is say J/Oing with a PA?

Rather fun. Don't expect things to change completely just because of the
piercing. It just mostly moves the most sensitive parts around rather
than increase or decrease the sensation in any specific part, especially
while masturbating.
Penetration, however... all I can say is "Woooo Ha!!!"
::looks around to see how his brief confession of being Southern
went over::
I had tried urethral sounding before and enjoyed it when it went in,
but wasn't pleased with the full depth (I don't know - it just didn't
feel right _down there_). The PA allowed me to have that same sort of
stimulation as the jewelry shifts upwards in my meatus, but without the
parts I didn't like.
And I've not heard any complaints from my partners...

> -Doesn't your cock head get constricted when it gets hard?

Uh... dude... the jewelry should be large enough to accommodate any
changes in the size of the glans. If you have to guess, err on the side
of too large - the mass will also help... um, entertainment activities...

> -Are some cocks/cock heads better "candidates" for PAs than others?
> If so, in what ways?

I wouldn't recommend a PA for a man with a narrow urethra. I also
wouldn't recommend a 6ga piercing in a man whose glans was really big
enough. The proportion I felt was appropriate was that the jewelry s/b
about 1/2 to 1/3 the size of the meatus. YMMV.
There's always scalpelling, too... ::evil laugh::

> -How much did it cost to get pierced (including the jewelry)?
Mine: about $90, but that was because an friend of mine did it and I
paid for new jewelry, needles, meds, etc.. I've heard prices from $75
(scary looking people I wouldn't even trust to suck it, let alone pierce
it) to $250 (a high end shop with a raging homophobe/latent boy-boy as
the only piercer who was trying to discourage male clients from getting
genital piercings from him) here in Indy, which is not exactly known for
being a big piercing mecca...
I'd expect to pay around $100 - 175 for quality work from a
reputable artist. And talk to them first! Buy them a cup of coffee (or
other beverage) and talk to them about their experiences with doing male
genital piercings. Tell them this is your first piercing. Be open and
honest and try to dispel any fears you have with a healthy dose of information...

love, keith

Caryn Zeier

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
: I am thinking about getting a PA. I don't have any piercings

: at all right now (no tatoos either). I'm a pretty clean cut guy but,
: then again, I ride a motorcycle and surf so go figure : )

My ex got a PA and he is very concervative. The only other piercings
he had were three in his ear. I don't think it's a bad first piercing
at all, especially if it turns you on so much.

: Seriously, I'm not sure if I would want to have any highly visible

: piercings (like tongue, ears, nose, etc.) but one that is generally
: hidden (except to those I fool around with) is cool.
: I'm really turned on by the thought of having a PA. I think
: they look really cool plus I've heard they really feel good,
: especially during jerking off. So, I was hoping those of you who have
: PAs could answer a few questions I have....

I'll try to answer a few of these but from second hand experience...

: -How painful was it when you first had the piercing done?

Fairly, this is an individual thing.

: -How long did it take to heal?

About two to three weeks.

: -When was the first time you jerked off after getting your PA?

10 days.

: -Do you ever take off your ring? If so, when and why?

Every once in a while to clean.

: -What do you like about your PA?
: -What don't you like?
: -How does it feel? How much different is say J/Oing with a PA?
: -Doesn't your cock head get constricted when it gets hard?
: -Are some cocks/cock heads better "candidates" for PAs than others?

: If so, in what ways?

: -How much did it cost to get pierced (including the jewelery)?

I'll leave these to someone who can give you first hand experience.

Good luck!
Caryn

Kavin Taylor

Oct 7, 1999, 3:00:00 AM10/7/99
I'm not going to answer specifically, but here are my pointers. If you
are having it done in the US, don't expect any xylocaine. The urethral
cleaning will be a bit unpleasant. The Pierce is a little intense when
done, but it's over very quickly. Expect to bleed for a day. I used two
large bandages to sandwich my penis. Your first "morning" erection will
be very intense.

Your piercer will help you with the jewelry and aftercare. My piercer now
says to just leave the new piercing alone. No washing, no soaking no
handling. Yours may suggest (probably will) soaking in warm salt water.
I found anti-bacterial soaps stung too much to use.

I heard PA's were the most common first non-ear pierce for men. --any
piercer wish to verify -- .

Kavin