Shopping for Rings...

1 view

Semaj the $piceman

Apr 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/29/96

Okay, today I coughed up and went out to look for some real rings for my 2
ear piercings. I finally found a place here in Lexington, Kentucky that
carries the stuff. It's called the Paisley Peacock, and the owner Bob
<somethingorother> has about 10+ years piercing experience, and trained
under Fakir, but doesn't pierce professionally anymore. Anyway, I went
into the place a bit pessimistic, because this store is known as kindof
like an alternative kiddie store (you know, the place all the high
school kids go to buy their tie-dye shirts and yin-yang earrings, etc)
But to my surprise as I walk in the quaint little shop, the guy behind
the counter has more metal than I've ever seen on a person irl.. Septum,
lots in each ear, several labrets, upper lip piercings, etc. He prolly
had his tongue done also, but never opened his mouth that wide, and
I wasn't trying to be nosy. Anyway, so I ask what is naturally a
dumb question, "So, you guys have captive bead rings, right?" And he
says yeah, and shows me over their stuff. I got a 14ga 1/2" CBR for
my lower lobe piercing (which had 16ga in it currently), and was trying
to get an 18ga ring for the upper lobe piercing because I pierced it
at 20ga, and wanted to keep it obviously smaller than the lower lobe
one. Well, he says that they company they order from doesn't make
18ga rings. (hmmmmm...) Anyway, I wanted something I knew was SSS
in there, so I got the next size up they had which was 16ga. Later on
I put them in. The 14ga went in easy w/some neosporin as lubricant.
However, I had a rough time fitting that 16ga in the 20ga hole! hehe..
Probably because it was only a 2 week old pierce, but it hurt like
heck pushing it through.. That oughta teach me, eh? Kindof looking
them over now, I think they look okay. The only difference is the ring
I had in the lower lobe had a larger diameter (about 1 & 1/4" inch),
whereas the new cbr is only 1/2" diameter. Oh well, felt like writing
some, sorry if I bored you to tears. :P

--
Confucius Says: Man who drop watch in toilet bound to have crappy time.
----

clarice haydon howard

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

In <31845C...@pop.uky.edu> "Semaj the $piceman" <jwr...@pop.uky.edu> writes:

>Okay, today I coughed up and went out to look for some real rings for my 2
>ear piercings. I finally found a place here in Lexington, Kentucky that
>carries the stuff. It's called the Paisley Peacock, and the owner Bob
><somethingorother> has about 10+ years piercing experience, and trained
>under Fakir, but doesn't pierce professionally anymore. Anyway, I went

Hate to tell you this, but that's a sack of shit. Bob has never trained
under anybody. He started piercing because one of the guys that did
piercings for him quit and he didn't want to lose all that profit. Then,
the other guy (Greg) quit because Bob refused to buy an autoclave and his
piercing studio was, shall we say, less than sanitary. FYI, Greg now
pierces at and owns The Hole Thing, autoclaves everything, and does a
great job.

--
Please add this to your sig file.Start an internet virus.These are the words youcannot use on the Internet: fuck shit cunt tit abortion asshole cock penis twatbitch (anal rape tag) midget tossing plutonium 232 (alt.binaries.hamster.ducttape.watersports)
assasinate rebellion fertilizer explosives anarchy babyoil fornicate POE weather underground subgenius Bill Clinton kidnap Socks suicide machine marijuana LSD

Semaj the $piceman

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96
to chho...@mik.uky.edu

clarice haydon howard wrote:

> In <31845C...@pop.uky.edu> "Semaj the $piceman" <jwr...@pop.uky.edu> writes:
>
> >under Fakir, but doesn't pierce professionally anymore. Anyway, I went
>
> Hate to tell you this, but that's a sack of shit. Bob has never trained

SHeesh.. I hate it when you get bad info from friends... Better tell
him b4 he tells that to anybody else. Thanks for the correction!

> under anybody. He started piercing because one of the guys that did
> piercings for him quit and he didn't want to lose all that profit. Then,
> the other guy (Greg) quit because Bob refused to buy an autoclave and his
> piercing studio was, shall we say, less than sanitary. FYI, Greg now
> pierces at and owns The Hole Thing, autoclaves everything, and does a
> great job.

Hmmm.. where is that, btw? I saw an ad for them in the window of Retail Hell
as I was walking past...

--
If voting changed anything, they'd make it illegal.