I ate my Tongue Piercing!

Craig Broad

Jan 29, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/29/97

Hi All,

Well, although nobody in the local bodmod community had come across it before - i have
managed to swallow my tongue bar!

It was a 16mm bar with standard size ball's. I had had abt 4 or 5 pint's,but was
certainly not drunk, and was eating my way through 3 bag's of crisp's, when my mouth
suddenly felt strange. For 10 second's or so, i couldn't figure out what was wrong, then
i realised my top ball had gone,i quickly felt below the tongue for the other ball, but that too
had gone.

I assume one ball had unscrewed, even though i regualy tightened them. I did not feel
the bar go down, but i definatly did swallow it.

It has now been 2 week's since i swallowed it, and i assume it has passed through my system.
Believe me, i wasn't checking! I have had no pain at any point.

The worst thing about the whole thing, is my piercer is on holiday for 6 week's in Istanbul,
so i have to wait another 3 week's before i can have my tongue re-pierced! As soon as i do
get it re-pierced i will carry a spare bar, and glue the one i have in my mouth together!!

Craig

Adam Scriven

Jan 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/31/97

Craig Broad wrote:
> Well, although nobody in the local bodmod community had come across it before - i have
> managed to swallow my tongue bar!

Qathi did that a while ago, said it wasn't a pleasant experience.
It ruined her appetite, she says.
8-)

> It was a 16mm bar with standard size ball's. I had had abt 4 or 5 pint's,but was
> certainly not drunk, and was eating my way through 3 bag's of crisp's, when my mouth
> suddenly felt strange. For 10 second's or so, i couldn't figure out what was wrong, then
> i realised my top ball had gone,i quickly felt below the tongue for the other ball, but that too
> had gone.
> I assume one ball had unscrewed, even though i regualy tightened them. I did not feel
> the bar go down, but i definatly did swallow it.

If you're eating crisps (potato chips, for those non-brits among us),
I've experienced a similar thing, but you do actually EAT the pierce. I
bit it, and didn't really notice but for the bad hematite taste that
suddenly filled my mouth. I caught it before the bottom went down, and
just popped in my extra Body Circle bead, no worries, but if you're
eating hard food, you could have crunched the bead. This is, of course,
assuming that the bead is not steel, cause in a fight between teeth and
steel, steel usually wins.

> It has now been 2 week's since i swallowed it, and i assume it has passed through my system.
> Believe me, i wasn't checking! I have had no pain at any point.

2 Weeks for it to pass through your system?
I ate a nut (as in nuts and bolts, metal screwy thing) when I was about
8, and I haven't seen it yet. I've eaten pennies too, and never passed
one. So either it's being digested, or it's collecting. I think that
if it does get passed, you'll know.
8-(

Good luck.
Adam @work.

Ricky Medel

Jan 31, 1997, 3:00:00 AM1/31/97

Craig Broad wrote:

> i have managed to swallow my tongue bar!

I had had abt 4 or 5 pint's,but was certainly not drunk, and was
eating my way through 3 bag's of crisp's, when my mouth
> suddenly felt strange.

> It has now been 2 week's since i swallowed it, and i assume it has passed through my system.
> Believe me, i wasn't checking! I have had no pain at any point.

[little snipping done]

Hey man don't feel bad, my X was at work with me one day and swallowed
hers eating pancakes. Nothing to drink I promise. And then she checked
for it for about a week, never found it though! I was amused.
Good luck in getting it redone!

Jody

Feb 9, 1997, 3:00:00 AM2/9/97

In article <5coj4q$a...@cave.hiway.co.uk>, g7...@bombsite.avel.co.uk (Craig
Broad) wrote:

> Hi All,

> Well, although nobody in the local bodmod community had come across

it before - i have

> managed to swallow my tongue bar!
>

> It was a 16mm bar with standard size ball's. I had had abt 4 or 5

pint's,but was
> certainly not drunk, and was eating my way through 3 bag's of crisp's,
when my mouth

> suddenly felt strange. For 10 second's or so, i couldn't figure out
what was wrong, then
> i realised my top ball had gone,i quickly felt below the tongue for the
other ball, but that too
> had gone.

Well it happened to me too! First I swallowed the top while while eating a
lifesaver, and like an idiot left the rest in so it wouldn't close up,
later that evening as I was lying down the barbell & bottom ball came out
& slid to the back of my throat, I couldn't stop myself from swallowing
and down it went.
Never saw it come out the other end.

But just got repierced last night-finally!

chilufy...@gmail.com

Mar 30, 2020, 8:56:43 AM3/30/20
Its been over 5days I swallowed my tongue ring n I haven’t seen it come out am really scared rn please someone assest me on how i can remove it without surgery

Curt

Apr 15, 2020, 5:06:58 PM4/15/20
How do you know it hasn’t come out? Unless you’re passing everything through a strainer, you might’ve missed it. How are you feeling pain? If you’re not then I wouldn’t worry about it, however I’m no doctor and you should never listen to people on the Internet? Yes, that’s probably good advice... ignore this and get to your doctor.

Curt

Kim Lehman

Feb 11, 2021, 3:29:33 PM2/11/21
On Monday, March 30, 2020 at 7:56:43 AM UTC-5, chilufy...@gmail.com wrote:
> Its been over 5days I swallowed my tongue ring n I haven’t seen it come out am really scared rn please someone assest me on how i can remove it without surgery
Drink a ton of water to keep everything flushing good ok. Maybe add things that will make your bowls move a bit more. Like raisens and fiber foods. Chance are you will be absolutely fine.