what do japanese men really know about women?

doublespeakeasy

Aug 7, 2004, 2:31:45 AM8/7/04
most of the manga/anime artists are men. and they've created
countless sexy female characters. unless they're gay, what do they
base their knowledge of females on? do they even know real women
intimately? most anime artists seem dorkier than beavis and butthead.

my guesses as to how anime artists arrived at their notion, ideal, and
concept of femininity.

1. hollywood movies

2. fashion magazines

3. nudie magazines

4. pop idols

5. girls at school they were to shy to approach

6. porn

7. other anime and manga

8. their mothers

9. teacher/ nurse/ secretary

10. infantile fantasy

take sylia of bubblegum crisis. she's like a movie star. also,
motherly and nurturingly nursy. also, sexy. also stern like a
teacher. polite like a secretary. winning like a pop idol. distant
like the pretty girl at school.

etc. etc.

Chika

Aug 7, 2004, 7:26:04 AM8/7/04
In article <8a01597a.04080...@posting.google.com>,

doublespeakeasy <doubles...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> my guesses as to how anime artists arrived at their notion, ideal, and
> concept of femininity.
<snip>

There may be an element of truth in what Gaza says, but bear in mind that
the motive behind it, especially when crossposting, is to try and get us
to rise to it.

Sorry, Gaza. Not today.

Nuki Mouse

Aug 7, 2004, 8:37:07 AM8/7/04

"doublespeakeasy" <doubles...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> most of the manga/anime artists are men. and they've created
> countless sexy female characters. unless they're gay, what do they
> base their knowledge of females on? do they even know real women
> intimately? most anime artists seem dorkier than beavis and butthead.

Like Takeuchi Naoko, Rumiko Takahashi, or Clamp?

Maybe most male Japan manga artist are not pathetic crippled losers with
nothing better to do than troll newsgroups.

BTW Gaza, can you "know" a woman intimately? Perhaps you are just jealous.

Nuki Mouse
--
"This is just my opinion, I maybe wrong" D. Miller
"Defend free speech! Read a banned book today!" unknown.