[ANNOUNCEMENT] A.D.Vision August Releases

Alex Lau

Apr 30, 1996, 3:00:00 AM4/30/96

In article <4m6g8g$9...@uuneo.neosoft.com>,
David Williams <d...@advfilms.com> wrote:
>A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996
>(Note : Information on newly added titles for July follows August releases)
[snip]
>Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1
>Street Date : 08/20/96
>Japanese with English Subtitles
>CAT# VHSEV/001S
>UPC# 702727017834
>SRP $29.95
>
>English Dubbed
>CAT# VHSEV/001D
>UPC# 702727017735
>SRP $24.95
>
>Approx. 60 minutes Digitally Mastered VHS Hi-Fi Stereo
>
>Neon Genesis Evangelion Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)
>Street Date : TBA
>English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned
>CAT# CLVEV/001
>UPC# 702727001666
>SRP $ 59.95
>Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

I guess this is as close to an official announcement as it gets, eh? A
ship date and everything... Sounds good! I can't wait until the lasers
come out...
--
--- Alex "Superbrain just blew a fuse." Lau

David Williams

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996
(Note : Information on newly added titles for July follows August releases)

Suikoden - Demon Century
Street Date : 08/06/96
Japanese with English Subtitles
CAT# VHSSU/001S
UPC# 702727012938
SRP $ 29.95

English Dubbed
CAT# VHSSU/001D
UPC# 702727015137
SRP $ 29.95

Approx. 45 minutes Digitally Mastered VHS Hi-Fi Stereo

English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Closed Captioned CLV Laser Disc
Street Date : 09/96
CAT# CLVSU/001
UPC# 702727002366
SRP $39.95
Approx. 45 minutes

Early in the 21st century, Tokyo was destroyed by a devastating earthquake.
Without its center of government and industry, Japan has become virtually
lawless, its people at war with one another. Amid the crime and decadence
which now prevail in Tokyo, Takateru Suga is searching for his missing sister.
What he does not realize is that he is the reincarnation of Soko Kohogi, the
leader of 108 Chinese heroes who received the protection of the stars but are
fated to return time and again to combat the forces of evil in the "Great
Battle." The "Stars" have begun to gather and the fight to rescue Takateru's
sister from the gang who has kidnapped her is just the beginning. Contains
Graphic Violence and Adult Language

Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1
Street Date : 08/20/96
Japanese with English Subtitles
CAT# VHSEV/001S
UPC# 702727017834
SRP $29.95

English Dubbed
CAT# VHSEV/001D
UPC# 702727017735
SRP $24.95

Approx. 60 minutes Digitally Mastered VHS Hi-Fi Stereo

Neon Genesis Evangelion Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)
Street Date : TBA
English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned
CAT# CLVEV/001
UPC# 702727001666
SRP $ 59.95
Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

In the year 2015, the Angels, huge, tremendously powerful, alien war machines,
appear in Tokyo for the second time. The only hope for Mankind's survival
lies in the Evangelion, a humanoid fighting machine developed by NERV, a
special United Nations agency. Capable of withstanding anything the Angels
can dish out, the Evangelion's one drawback lies in the limited number of
people able to pilot them. Only a handful of teenagers, all born fourteen
years ago, nine months after the Angels first appeared, are able to interface
with the Evangelion. One such teenager is Shinji Ikari, whose father heads
the NERV team that developed and maintains the Evangelion. Thrust into a
maelstrom of battle and events that he does not understand, Shinji is forced
to plumb the depths of his own inner resources for the courage and strength to
not only fight, but to survive, or risk losing everything. The
extraordinarily popular television series that took Japan by storm, NEON
GENESIS EVANGELION is the latest project of Gainax, creators of Gunbuster, and
Nadia, The Secret Of Blue Water. EVANGELION will be released as a series of
VHS tapes each containing two episodes. The tapes will be available in both
English Dubbed and Subtitled versions. Additionally, EVANGELION will be
released in a deluxe laser disc series, with four bilingual, close captioned
episodes per disk. Contains Violence and Adult Situations

Blue Seed Volume 4
Street Date : 08/27/96
Japanese with English Subtitles
CAT# VHSBS/004S
UPC# 702727011337
SRP $ 29.95

English Dubbed
CAT# VHSBS/004D
UPC# 702727011436
SRP $ 24.95

Approx. 60 minutes Digitally Mastered VHS Hi-Fi Stereo

Blue Seed Deluxe Edition Collection 2 (LD)
Street Date : 09/96

English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned

CAT# CLVBS/002
UPC# 702727001062

SRP $ 59.95
Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

As BLUE SEED VOLUME 4 opens, six year old Yukiko is kidnapped by the Aragami
to force her father to release data from the Kushinada Project. Incensed that
an innocent has been put in danger because of her, Momiji makes it her
personal crusade to rescue Yukiko. The action continues in the second episode
when, as a result of her popularity after rescuing Yukiko, Momiji is
nominated to perform for the Kanto Pop-Idol Scout Caravan. However, the
contest's climatic singing duel, which pits Momiji against Sakura
Yamazaki, a magic using young lady with her eye on Mamoru, is interrupted by
the attack of a ginkgo tree Aragami. BLUE SEED DELUXE EDITION COLLECTION 2
will contain all four episodes included in Volumes 3 and 4 of the VHS
editions, on a bilingual, close captioned CLV laser disc. Contains Violence
and Adult Situations

Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
Street Date : 08/27/96
Japanese with English Subtitles
CAT# VHSMW/001
UPC# 702727016233
SRP $ 29.95

Approx. 35 minutes Digitally Mastered VHS Hi-Fi Stereo

She's late! She's late! And when Miyuki-chan meets a skateboarding Playboy
bunny, she's going to be even later! Wonderland's never been stranger as
everything from the door to the door-mouse takes on feminine form. Created by
the group of talented artists known as CLAMP (RG Veda, Tokyo Babylon),
this beautifully animated, condensed version of the classic tale is a visual
delight. Take a trip down the rabbit hole and through the looking glass with
MIYUKI-CHAN IN WONDERLAND. Contains Brief Nudity and Adult Situations

Golden Boy (LD)
Street Date : 08/27/96

English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned

CAT# CAVGB/001
UPC# 702727000775
SRP $39.95
Approx. 30 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CAV Laser Disc

Twenty-five year old Kintaro has dreamed of being a computer programmer for
years when a mysterious twist of fate puts him in the path of the CEO of
T.N.Software, an up and coming computer company staffed entirely by women.
Just when it appears his dreams will come true, the employees of T.N.Software
discover that Kintaro's idea of "C" programming is a little unusual and he is
summarily demoted to the rank of office boy. Does this mean the end of all
Kintaro's dreams? Will he be forever denied his rightful place in the world
of computers? Or will his Basic programming skills make him the GOLDEN BOY
of the computer business world? Contains - Nudity and Adult Situations

Gunsmith Cats Volume 2 (LD)
Street Date : 08/27/96

English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned

CAT# CAVGS/002
UPC# 702727000577
SRP $ 39.95
Approx. 30 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CAV Laser Disc

Rally and Minnie May are back and this time they're burning up the road! When
gun runner James Washington claims his life is in danger and makes a desperate
plea for help, the girls are disinclined to listen to him. However, when
Washington and a whole host of agents are gunned down inside an ATF safehouse
mere minutes after the girls leave, Rally is forced to go looking for the
killer. Then, when May is kidnapped by a psychotic Russian, the chase is on
and traffic in the Chicago area may never recover! Contains Violence, Mature
Language and Adult Situations

Super Atragon (LD)
Street Date : 08/27/96

English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned

CAT# CLVSA/001
UPC# 702727000768
SRP $39.95
Approx. 60 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

Near the end of World War II, moments after learning of the atomic bombing of
Hiroshima, a super secret Japanese submarine has a fatal encounter with its
American counterpart and both are lost to history. Now, some fifty years
later, the descendants of the submarine's officers are part a special UN task
force sent to investigate the unusual phenomenon which have recently begun
occurring in Antarctica. Faced with a mysterious black cylinder and the
deadly rings which accompany it, the task force faces certain destruction
until the re-appearance of the Japanese submarine. A science fiction
masterpiece with a brilliant story and stunning animation SUPER ATRAGON is a
video no one should miss! Contains - Graphic Violence

A.D.Vision New Releases - July 1996 - Additional Titles

Blue Seed Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)
Street Date : 07/30/96

English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned

CAT# CLVBS/001
UPC# 702727000966
SRP $59.95

Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

For thousands of years the forces of the Aragami have been held in check by a
steady diet of human sacrifices, but now the bonds have been broken. It's up
to the agents of the TAC to take on mankind's oldest enemies, whose ability to
impregnate, mutate and control almost any living creature make them the
deadliest of enemies. This is BLUE SEED, the incredible animated series that
stunned Japan with spectacular sequences of nightmarish action and unearthly
horror! As BLUE SEED begins, teenager Momiji Fujimiya discovers that she is
one of a pair of twins, the Kushinada, whose destiny lies in protecting the
human race from the ravages of the demonic Aragami. In an attempt to gain
final control of the Earth, the Aragami have already murdered Momiji's sister,
leaving Momiji the sole focus of a fierce struggle for survival. After she is
accidentally implanted with a "blue seed," the unborn form of the Aragami,
Momiji finds herself the recipient of bizarre psychic powers. Destined to be
sacrificed to the Aragami, will Momiji find protection in the mutated human,
Mamoru, and the badly outgunned and outnumbered TAC? BLUE SEED DELUXE EDITION
COLLECTION 1 includes all four episodes contained in Volume 1 and Volume 2 of
the VHS editions. - Contains Brief Nudity, Violence and Adult Situations

Sukeban Deka 1 (LD)
Street Date : 0730//96

English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned

CAT# CLVSK/001
UPC# 702727002465
SRP $39.95
Approx. 60 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

When Saki left high school, she changed her uniform for prison grays. Now,
however, the Feds need someone to infiltrate a ruthless crime syndicate that
masquerades as an exclusive high school and they think Saki's the girl for the
job. Armed with a secret weapon that only looks like a yo-yo, Saki is lovely,
lethal, and back on the streets. - Contains Nudity, Violence and Adult
Situations

Burn Up W! File 1 - Skin Dive (LD)
Street Date : 07/30/96

English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned

CAT# CAVBW/001
UPC# 702727000874
SRP $39.95
Approx. 30 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CAV Laser Disc

The Place : Tokyo
The Time : In the near future
The People : Special SWAT team "Warrior"
The Mission: Make the streets a safe place to play!

High-tech crime is running rampant but special SWAT unit "Warrior" is ready to
hit the streets. When a group of terrorists take over a luxury hotel, it's up
to Special Weapons And Tactics Team WARRIOR to get the hostages out alive. Of
course, the first step in handling terrorists is to lull them into believing
that they're the ones in control of the situation, and if that means granting
a FEW unreasonable demands, well that's a small price to pay, right? At least
that's what WARRIOR Team member Rio keeps telling herself as she prepares to
make the world's highest nude bungee jump. This action packed, four volume OVA
series features the creative work of the talented staff who brought Tenchi
Muyo to life. You won't believe the lengths to which the forces of justice
will go in BURN UP W - FILE 1: SKIN DIVE! The battle for Tokyo is about to
begin! - Contains Brief Nudity and Profanity

David Williams
A.D.Vision Internet Liaison
d...@advfilms.com
http://www.advfilms.com

Andrew Hall

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

d...@advfilms.com (David Williams) wrote:
>A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996
>(Note : Information on newly added titles for July follows August releases)

>Suikoden - Demon Century

>English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Closed Captioned CLV Laser Disc

>Neon Genesis Evangelion Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)

>Blue Seed Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)

>Golden Boy (LD)

>Gunsmith Cats Volume 2 (LD)

>Super Atragon (LD)

>Blue Seed Deluxe Edition Collection 2 (LD)

>Sukeban Deka 1 (LD)

>Burn Up Warrior! File 1 - Skin Dive (LD)

Remind me to never EVER bitch, whine or moan that you don't release
anything on Laserdiscs. So, when can we expect to see Gamera:Guardian Of
The Universe or GUNHED? I think A.D. Vision just became my new favorite
company. Now if Manga(le) could get their act together. HA!

Andy

Peter Evans

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

David Williams <d...@advfilms.com> wrote:
>A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996
>Gunsmith Cats Volume 2 (LD)
>Approx. 30 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CAV Laser Disc

The startrek joke was put there SPECIALLY for you!
Anyone who fails to spot it will be laughed at.

Seriously. It's there, the producer wondered if the american
audience would spot it.

>Burn Up W! File 1 - Skin Dive (LD)

>Approx. 30 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CAV Laser Disc

^^^^^^

This is like saying that Chuck Norris is approximately 6'2" tall.

>will go in BURN UP W - FILE 1: SKIN DIVE! The battle for Tokyo is about to

"Yumi-Chan Helicopter Nude Bungee Dive!" (I kid you not)

>begin! - Contains Brief Nudity and Profanity

Do they get the swimsuit poster!!!
Thats the best bit.

Peter
----*

--
^ o \\ Founding Member - Urara-Chan Fan Club. Kakazu Yumi-Chan no DaiFan!
U \Beh! \\ "Otoko ha Tsuyoku, Onna ha Yasashiku ..." (yappa muri ka na)

Justin William Brown

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

David Williams (d...@advfilms.com) wrote:

: Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1
: English Dubbed
: Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

Just one question: Who did the dub? The right answer earns you at
least one more purchase ;)

-Maruku jbr...@gnu.ai.mit.edu
Proud member of #SAS#

Chae An

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

In article <4m6kpb$g...@shellx.best.com>, Alex Lau <a...@shellx.best.com> wrote:
>>Neon Genesis Evangelion Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)
>>Street Date : TBA
>>English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned
>>CAT# CLVEV/001
>>UPC# 702727001666
>>SRP $ 59.95
>>Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc
>
>I guess this is as close to an official announcement as it gets, eh? A
>ship date and everything... Sounds good! I can't wait until the lasers
>come out...

And four episodes per disk also. Sounds great! ^_^

>--- Alex "Superbrain just blew a fuse." Lau

--C h a e

--
cha...@hom.net cha...@best.com
http://www.best.com/~chaean

Freddy Chan

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

Andrew Hall (ah...@capecod.net) wrote:
: d...@advfilms.com (David Williams) wrote:

: >Suikoden - Demon Century
: >English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Closed Captioned CLV Laser Disc
: >Neon Genesis Evangelion Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)
: >Blue Seed Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)
: >Golden Boy (LD)
: >Gunsmith Cats Volume 2 (LD)
: >Super Atragon (LD)
: >Blue Seed Deluxe Edition Collection 2 (LD)
: >Sukeban Deka 1 (LD)
: >Burn Up Warrior! File 1 - Skin Dive (LD)

: Remind me to never EVER bitch, whine or moan that you don't release

: anything on Laserdiscs. So, when can we expect to see Gamera:Guardian Of
: The Universe or GUNHED? I think A.D. Vision just became my new favorite
: company. Now if Manga(le) could get their act together. HA!

Right, it seems like all their new releases have LD versions, but I hope
the old ones like Nuku Nuku, 801 TTS Airbats, End of Summer..etc will be
on LD too. And the pricing for the collectors edition of Evangelion or
Blueseed is acceptable, $59.95 for 4 episodes.

Freddy

Ross TenEyck

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

d...@advfilms.com (David Williams) writes:

>A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996

>Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
>Street Date : 08/27/96
>Japanese with English Subtitles

OK, time to start taking bets. How many people here think that, when
Miyuki-chan meets the Door, ADV will have worked in a "knockers" joke?
Lets see a show of hands.

--
============== http://weber.u.washington.edu/~teneyck/home.html ==============
Ross TenEyck MS Mech Eng | A crow pecks at the wind-tossed scrap of paper,

Andrew John Brewer

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

: OK, time to start taking bets. How many people here think that, when

: Miyuki-chan meets the Door, ADV will have worked in a "knockers" joke?
: Lets see a show of hands.

For the purists, when you watch the video, the Japanese translates into
"nobs" not "knockers." ;)

Miyuki: But there are no nobs on the door!

Door_Woman: Oh, but the nobs are there!

Ming Yau So

May 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/1/96

In article <4m6g8g$9...@uuneo.neosoft.com> d...@advfilms.com (David Williams) writes:

>Neon Genesis Evangelion Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)
>Street Date : TBA
>English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned
>CAT# CLVEV/001
>UPC# 702727001666
>SRP $ 59.95
>Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

>Blue Seed Deluxe Edition Collection 2 (LD)
>Street Date : 09/96
>English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned
>CAT# CLVBS/002
>UPC# 702727001062
>SRP $ 59.95
>Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

>Blue Seed Deluxe Edition Collection 1 (LD)
>Street Date : 07/30/96
>English Dubbed/Japanese Bilingual, Close Captioned
>CAT# CLVBS/001
>UPC# 702727000966
>SRP $59.95
>Approx. 120 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CLV Laser Disc

Wow ! I am glad that ADV has finally decided to go for 4 episodes/disc
for the TV series (I just bought another storage cube yesterday for my
anime LD, I just hope ift won't be filled up so fast by by the one-sided
discs again). Now it would be perfect if we can convince ADV to put the
original soundtrack on digital (I'm sure the majority anime LD buyers
prefer this), anyone wants to start an email/letter campaign ?

As a side note, I've noticed that all the other announced ADV LDs which has
runtime between 30mins to 60mins is going to be CLV instead of CAV. I'm
really disappointed by this. I still remember that 2 years ago in AnAm'94,
Matt Greenfield had stated pretty firmly that ADV would released LDs only
in CAV, so now I don't know why now they don't do it for releases that are
possible to be in CAV (i.e. shows that is > 30 mins but < 60 mins). You
know, the more LDs I own, the more I hate the unfilled turtle sides.

Finally, a little wish. With all the LDs that has been announced by ADV now,
I hope they are not forgetting to put many of their excellent and awaiting
older shows onto LDs, such as NukuNuku, Cutey Honey, Airbats, MAPS, etc.
Please, don't just sealed these shows in the VHS-blackhole, but make them
avaliable in subtitled LDs too !
Ming Yau So Internet: min...@netcom.com
AOL: Ming So
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

John Chennavasin

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

In article <4m6g8g$9...@uuneo.neosoft.com>,
David Williams <d...@advfilms.com> wrote:

>Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1
>Street Date : 08/20/96

So it's official this time, right? ^_^

I have a question about the Evangelion releases: are you planning to
release the "director's cut" episodes, the "television" version, or both
for the final two episodes?
John Chennavasin <che...@haas.berkeley.edu> http://haas.berkeley.edu/~chennav

Herman Bernard Walker

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

In article <4m8jg3$k...@nntp4.u.washington.edu>,
Ross TenEyck <ten...@u.washington.edu> wrote:

>d...@advfilms.com (David Williams) writes:
>
>>A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996
>>----------------------------------------
>>Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
>>Street Date : 08/27/96
>>Japanese with English Subtitles
>
>OK, time to start taking bets. How many people here think that, when
>Miyuki-chan meets the Door, ADV will have worked in a "knockers" joke?
>Lets see a show of hands.

One other question; I've only read a few synopses of the Miyukichan OVAs,
but who here thinks that's going to be that much of a stretch here?!?

>--
>============== http://weber.u.washington.edu/~teneyck/home.html ==============
>Ross TenEyck MS Mech Eng | A crow pecks at the wind-tossed scrap of paper,
>ten...@u.washington.edu | scavenging between the lines of an old letter;
>Tsuki ni kawatte oshioki yo! | he hoards stories like flecks of quartz.

Bern Walker
..come on, Greenfield & co. are only human.....
bina...@mit.edu bina...@netcom.com

Wayne Lafferty

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

Peter Evans wrote:

> David Williams <d...@advfilms.com> wrote:
> >A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996
> >----------------------------------------
> >Gunsmith Cats Volume 2 (LD)
> >Approx. 30 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CAV Laser Disc
>
> The startrek joke was put there SPECIALLY for you!
> Anyone who fails to spot it will be laughed at.
>
> Seriously. It's there, the producer wondered if the american
> audience would spot it.

Well, this American did spot it. I thought it was funny. ^_^

Wayne

Richard Llewellyn

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

In article <4m6omg$d...@alpha.pcix.com>
Andrew Hall <ah...@capecod.net> writes:

>d...@advfilms.com (David Williams) wrote:
>>A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996

List of ld titles deleted.

> Remind me to never EVER bitch, whine or moan that you don't release
> anything on Laserdiscs. So, when can we expect to see Gamera:Guardian Of
> The Universe or GUNHED? I think A.D. Vision just became my new favorite
> company. Now if Manga(le) could get their act together. HA!

_I_ on the other hand will continue to complain that a number of your
earlier titles still have not come out on ld (although I admit that
some of these new offerings will make the wait _slightly_ less painful.

Yours in anime,
Richard Llewellyn * MIMI O SUMASEBA * KEY,
Science Library, University of Georgia THE METAL IDOL * BOUNTY
Athens, Georgia 30602 DOG * GEGEGE NO KITARO *
Internet: rl...@uga.cc.uga.edu * GUN SMITH CATS * ZEGUY *
Telephone: (706) 542-6642 * DRAGON BALL GT * IRIA *
FAX: (706) 542-7907 * PRINCESS KNIGHT *

Enrique Conty

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

In article <4m8jg3$k...@nntp4.u.washington.edu> ten...@u.washington.edu (Ross TenEyck) writes:

>d...@advfilms.com (David Williams) writes:
>>A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996
>>----------------------------------------
>>Miyuki-chan in Wonderland
>>Street Date : 08/27/96
>>Japanese with English Subtitles
>
>OK, time to start taking bets. How many people here think that, when
>Miyuki-chan meets the Door, ADV will have worked in a "knockers" joke?

A while back I would have said "yes", but now I'm not so sure.
I mean, the skipped the obvious tagline for GOLDEN BOY:

"School of Hard Knockers"

--
Enrique Conty | co...@cig.mot.com | http://www.mcs.net/~conty
NuVista+ Mac genlock/video capture board for sale | Wargame stuff for sale!

David Crowe

May 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/2/96

John Chennavasin <che...@haas.berkeley.edu> wrote:
: In article <4m6g8g$9...@uuneo.neosoft.com>,
: David Williams <d...@advfilms.com> wrote:

: >Neon Genesis Evangelion Volume 1
: >Street Date : 08/20/96

: So it's official this time, right? ^_^

: I have a question about the Evangelion releases: are you planning to
: release the "director's cut" episodes, the "television" version, or both
: for the final two episodes?

Easy! The one with more sex and/or violence. This _is_ ADV we are
talking about after all...

David "no nickname" Crowe Now at jet...@primenet.com
...for now, anyway.

Thane Walkup

May 3, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/3/96

Wayne Lafferty <wl...@cbvcp.com> wrote:

>Peter Evans wrote:

> > David Williams <d...@advfilms.com> wrote:
> > >A.D.Vision New Releases - August 1996

> > >----------------------------------------
> > >Gunsmith Cats Volume 2 (LD)

> > >Approx. 30 minutes Bilingual, Close Captioned CAV Laser Disc

> > The startrek joke was put there SPECIALLY for you!

> > Anyone who fails to spot it will be laughed at.

> > Seriously. It's there, the producer wondered if the american
> > audience would spot it.

>Well, this American did spot it. I thought it was funny. ^_^

Ok, start laughing. I didn't get it. I know, I'm hopeless, but help
a poor little anime-no otaku...

Fnord.
* *
* Founder of the Church of the One Righteous Spatula! *
* *
* "Life's tough, then you die, then they put you in a hole in the ground, *
* then they throw dirt in your face, then the worms eat you. Be glad it *
* happens in that order." - Solomon Short *
* *
* inT...@oz.net - inThane O'Neill Walkup, Spearman *
* *

Urd-sama's Desk

May 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/4/96

Very nice list of LD releases, congrats to ADV.

However, nobody seems to remember they use Sony DADC (US) as a presser...

At over $50 an LD I'd be rather pleased if they lasted longer than a few
years. The list of rotting Sony titles keeps going through the roof - it is
now _the NUMBER ONE_ presser for rotting titles, passing even Mistubishi.

Great choice, David! We did warn you though..

Jeroen

Enrique Conty

May 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/5/96

In article <4md8r3$d...@emerald.oz.net> int...@oz.net (Thane Walkup) writes:
>Wayne Lafferty <wl...@cbvcp.com> wrote:
>>Peter Evans wrote:
>> > The startrek joke was put there SPECIALLY for you!
>> > Anyone who fails to spot it will be laughed at.
>>Well, this American did spot it. I thought it was funny. ^_^
>Ok, start laughing. I didn't get it. I know,
>I'm hopeless, but help a poor little anime-no otaku...

[Conty laughs at Thane, then... ^o^]

Look at the license plate on the car.
(And if you don't get it *NOW*, you're truly, truly hopeless.)

"Nice catch."

InThane Walkup

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

co...@rtsg.mot.com (Enrique Conty) wrote:

>In article <4md8r3$d...@emerald.oz.net> int...@oz.net (Thane Walkup) writes:
>>Wayne Lafferty <wl...@cbvcp.com> wrote:

>>>Well, this American did spot it. I thought it was funny. ^_^
>>Ok, start laughing. I didn't get it. I know,
>>I'm hopeless, but help a poor little anime-no otaku...

>[Conty laughs at Thane, then... ^o^]

>Look at the license plate on the car.
>(And if you don't get it *NOW*, you're truly, truly hopeless.)

Oh. Never mind, I haven't seen it yet. Let me guess, NCC1701-D? Or
just NCC1701?

Wayne Lafferty

May 6, 1996, 3:00:00 AM5/6/96

Enrique Conty wrote:

> In article <4md8r3$d...@emerald.oz.net> int...@oz.net (Thane Walkup) writes:
> >Wayne Lafferty <wl...@cbvcp.com> wrote:
> >>Well, this American did spot it. I thought it was funny. ^_^
> >Ok, start laughing. I didn't get it. I know,
> >I'm hopeless, but help a poor little anime-no otaku...
>
> [Conty laughs at Thane, then... ^o^]
>
> Look at the license plate on the car.
> (And if you don't get it *NOW*, you're truly, truly hopeless.)
>
> "Nice catch."

Remember Thane, this is the second OAV. ADV hasn't released it yet.
Fortuneately for me, I have watched it on disc already. ^_^

Wayne