Rayearth comes to US television fall 95

Ryan P. Gavigan

Jan 26, 1995, 12:29:43 PM1/26/95

Taken from the syndication news section on page 98 of the Jan. 16th
issue of Broadcasting and Cable magazine...

"Summit Media Group Inc. will syndicate a new 1/2 hour animated kids
series, Magic Knight Rayearth, targeted at girls 2-11, in fall of 1995.
A total of 13 episodes will be offered to stations on a barter basis,
with an even 2.5 min national/local split".

Ryan Gavigan
gav...@venice.mps.ohio-state.edu

Tomar

Jan 29, 1995, 6:54:13 PM1/29/95
In article <1995Jan26.1...@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>,

Ryan P. Gavigan <gavigan@venice> wrote:

>Taken from the syndication news section on page 98 of the Jan. 16th
>issue of Broadcasting and Cable magazine...
>
>"Summit Media Group Inc. will syndicate a new 1/2 hour animated kids
>series, Magic Knight Rayearth, targeted at girls 2-11, in fall of 1995.
>A total of 13 episodes will be offered to stations on a barter basis,
>with an even 2.5 min national/local split".

Oh god...first Sailor Moon and now Rayearth. :-(
This is going to be a weird year to watch US TV.

--
Tomar: aka to...@iastate.edu
<http://helser14.res.iastate.edu>

Geoffrey Scott

Jan 30, 1995, 5:16:29 AM1/30/95
Tomar (to...@iastate.edu) wrote:
: In article <1995Jan26.1...@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>,

: Ryan P. Gavigan <gavigan@venice> wrote:
: >
: >
: >Taken from the syndication news section on page 98 of the Jan. 16th
: >issue of Broadcasting and Cable magazine...
: >
: >"Summit Media Group Inc. will syndicate a new 1/2 hour animated kids
: >series, Magic Knight Rayearth, targeted at girls 2-11, in fall of 1995.
: >A total of 13 episodes will be offered to stations on a barter basis,
: >with an even 2.5 min national/local split".
: >

: Oh god...first Sailor Moon and now Rayearth. :-(
: This is going to be a weird year to watch US TV.

Who would have guessed that two of the three first animes on US TV since 87
or so would be shojo? (You forgot Dragonball.) Also, with these
covering the kiddies, and Samurai Spirits/Shodown and Fatal Fury (and
possibily Street Fighter later) covering the gamers, anime WILL be
mainstream (at least in a mutant form) by the end of this year, like it
or not. Expect the noise level on hear to triple, at least.

Geo

Enrique Conty

Feb 15, 1995, 2:21:01 PM2/15/95
In article <3hoash$h...@geraldo.cc.utexas.edu> susa...@mickey.cc.utexas.edu (Hiroyuki Hironaga) writes:

>: Three words: Mokonas at K-mart!
>
> Thad'd be cool, yes. I've always wanted my own plush Mokona...
>
> but think of the danger. _American made Americanized Toys_.
> spells hell for us fans, ne? Think of.... Barbie Doll Hikaru!
> G.I.Joe Ferio (hey, they did it with SF2...)

Err, there *are* Japanese "Barbie-style" Rayearth dolls, made by Sega.
(I thought you knew this.)
--
E n r i q u e C o n t y
Disclaimer: Motorola doesn't know I'm posting this

Haro-chan

Feb 15, 1995, 6:18:37 PM2/15/95
Hiroyuki Hironaga <susa...@mickey.cc.utexas.edu> wrote:
>Haro-chan (ega...@uclink.berkeley.edu) wrote:
>: In article <1995Jan26.1...@pacific.mps.ohio-state.edu>,

>: Ryan P. Gavigan <gavigan@venice> wrote:
>: >"Summit Media Group Inc. will syndicate a new 1/2 hour animated kids

>: >series, Magic Knight Rayearth, targeted at girls 2-11, in fall of 1995.
>:
>: Three words: Mokonas at K-mart!
>
> Thad'd be cool, yes. I've always wanted my own plush Mokona...

=D They better sell the life-size gabby version. Sure it's expensive, but
how else will American kids hear Shiratori's voice? =)
--
_______ Still looking for that Daremo anata no seishun wa ubaenai
/\ /\ elusive Haro UFO catcher doll.... No one can steal your youth

Hiroyuki Hironaga

Feb 15, 1995, 11:51:21 PM2/15/95
Enrique Conty (co...@rtsg.mot.com) wrote:

ICK! @_@.

Hiro^2
--
Hiroyuki Hironaga (広永博之) of University of Texas at Austin
http://ccwf.cc.utexas.edu/~susanooh/home.html (anime/manga homepage)