Ryoga : The Shampoo Variation Part 4 [FanFic]

mla...@willow.msvu.ca

Apr 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/27/95

Ryoga : The Shampoo Variation by Mark Latus
Part 4
On re-entering the living room Ranma was glad to see the bloodshed hadn't
begun yet. Shampoo was cuddling P-chan, both of them were being closely
watched by Nabiki and Kasumi. Akane was still frozen in the spot where she'd
witnessed the transformation. It was amazing that anyone's eyes could bug-out
that much.
"Uh Shampoo, I brought some hot water"
"Ah is good, husband is cute like this but prefer him as human. Almost
forgot, where is female Ranma?"
"She left in a hurry".
"Shampoo kill her later then", she poured hot water on the frantic piglet.
Kasumi blushed and turned away, "Ryoga put some clothes on please".
Ryoga pulled them on without any sign of embarrassment. All his attention
was focused on Akane. She was still frozen in place but beginning to twitch.
He'd been trying to think of something, anything to say but his mind was still
blank.
Nabiki broke the silence, "Well Ryoga, I always thought you were
incredibly shy about girls but all this time you've been sleeping in Akane's
bed.
Akane began to shake, the explosion was near. Ryoga knew he had to say
something fast.
"Akane I ... , I never intended ... this is all Ranma's fault ... that is,
I wasn't trying take advantage ... I never meant to upset you ... uh it's just
that you were the first to like me in my cursed form ... I couldn't talk to
you as a man ... well I could but not about how I feel about you ... I realize
you're angry but .... I wanted to tell you from the start it's just ...uh, ...
I..."
The slap nearly broke his jaw, he hit the ground hard, still staring at
her.
"YOU BASTARD!", he'd never seen Akane this angry before, "to think I
actually liked you, thought you were a friend ... all this time ... you're a
bigger pervert than Ranma has ever been!"
Shampoo looked confused as she tried to follow this exchange. Akane
snarled, "I never want to see you again!" and stalked off.
Shampoo frowned and spat, "Girl not slap Shampoo's husband". She launched
herself at Akane's back. No one followed what happened next. It looked almost
as if Akane slammed Shampoo through the wall without breaking stride or turning
around.
Ryoga was still lying on the floor. The pain in his jaw was nothing
compared to the way he felt inside. He wanted to scream, smash something,
explain himself to Akane, but he couldn't bring himself to move.
Ranma leaned over and patted him on the shoulder, "Hey cheer up, better to
have loved and lost than never loved at all, right?"
"Take your hand off me!", Ryoga had never sounded that dangerous before.
Ranma backed away involuntarily.
Ryoga stood up and walked over to the rubble pile that was part of the
outer wall not long ago. Shampoo was sprawled over it, groaning. She seemed
dazed but not seriously injured.
Kasumi cleared her throat, "Ryoga, Akane's very upset. It would probably
be best if you left for the time being".
Ryoga didn't reply. He picked up Shampoo and walked out through the hole
in the wall.
Ranma tried to think of something flippant to say but failed, "Guess I'll
go talk to Akane".
Ryoga stopped walking and looked around. He was standing in the vacant
lot where he camped. Funny he could only find it when he wasn't searching for
it. When he left the Tendo's he'd had no destination in mind, he just had to
get away. He put Shampoo down on the sleeping bag and tried to think on what
to do now.
It occurred to him he wasn't completely empty inside. One thing remained
burning in his heart, pure hatred. Hate directed squarely at the author of all
his misfortunes, Ranma Saotome.
Shampoo groaned and sat up. Ryoga dug a first aid kit out of his
backpack. "You'd better take it easy for now. You hit that wall pretty hard,
where does it hurt?"
Shampoo winced, "All over, Shampoo think resting fine idea". She lay
back, "Girl was tougher than Shampoo thought."
Ryoga sighed, "Yeah, when she gets really mad she's unstoppable".
Shampoo glared at him accusingly, "You like Akane!"
"I did, still do ..., but she'll never forgive me. She'll hate me forever
and ignore me the rest of my life".
"Not a rival then? That good, not proper combat so Shampoo not have to
fight her again".
So Akane was out of danger from Shampoo. Good, Ryoga had something else
to concern him. He almost smiled, Ranma had no idea how close he was to dying.
Saotome would learn soon enough.
"Shampoo you still want to kill the female Ranma and marry me?"
"Of course, is matter of honor. Why? You change mind about marriage?"
"No, but I intend to kill the male Ranma, that's a matter of honor to me.
If you help me we can both get what we want. There's something you need to
know about Ranma. Something that we can use to our advantage in a fight now
that I feel no need to keep his secret."
Shampoo smiled and kissed him. This time he didn't react adversely, "It
wait until morning yes?"
Ryoga nodded, "Until morning". Inside a little voice whispered, "See you
can overcome your shyness in romantic situations, and all it took was the total
destruction of all your hopes and dreams". He ignored it ant turned his
attention to Shampoo.
Breakfast at the Tendo house was rather strained. Akane was refusing to
talk to anyone, she'd slammed her door in Ranma's face last night. He was
wondering what to say if she asked if he'd already known Ryoga's little secret.
If she put together all the hints he'd dropped about P-chan ... He shuddered
and turned back to eating.
The main gate slammed open and Ryoga and Shampoo marched in. Ryoga
pointed at Ranma and shouted, "RANMA SAOTOME, I CHALLENGE YOU!"
Ranma sighed, "Your timing stinks. Anyway why should I fight you?"
"If you win I'll leave here forever. If you refuse my challenge I will
attack you every chance I get for the rest of my life. The choice is yours."
"Two against one this early in the morning?"
"Shampoo has no quarrel with you", Ryoga replied.
Shampoo nodded, "Shampoo swear on amazon honor not to fight male Ranma".
Ranma looked at Ryoga, "Alright anything to get rid of you permanently.
Let's go!"

end of part 4