Ranma: ko ryu 18 steps part 4 [fanfic]

ukulele

Aug 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM8/24/95

---------------------------
!Ranma 1/2 !
! !
!The Ko Ryu 18 Steps -- !
! !------------------! !
! -------------- ----!
! ! ! !--
! ! ! !---
!---------! !----- -----!ANMA (FANFIC)

First off, sorry again for delayin' so long... Summer programs and
extra studies _could_ be a bit tedious sometimes...

Disclaimer..
(Time to take a little credit for myself)
Ranma: The Ko Ryu 18 Steps series is copyrighted to Dave Gao.
(Which in essense means nothing whatsoever.)
(Just saw everyone else put their own name in the disclaimer and
thought it's cool or something.)

The only thing is that I hope you all enjoy the story
(thus far thus good?)

Oh well, screw the rest. Also did the apostrophes came out in
weird ASCII characters again? I'm sorry for that... still trying to
fix it.

Hopefully by the time this part is out I have already done with
Konya'wa Hunter part 1.2-1 & part 1.2-2 and Kyaa! Megami-sama 1.3, but
we'll see.

Also, this part might seem to be a bit more boring as compared to
the rest but I feel that I have to fill out some gaps in the story
(like gradually working out the outline of the dragon's hideout). But
I promise it to be entertaining (especially in the last part) all the
same.
*Note that the rest of the legal stuff refers back to part 1 and
2 and three.

Coming soon...

The same old stuff.

If you have time please check out my other stories too!!! Thanx
again!

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
Part 4
Hakuaki Kyu Ryu Shyu
*hopefully it translates out all right ^_^;;

I----------
It is claimed that the primordial dragons had two sorts of cousins.
One was the deadly Wyvern, while the other was...

II---------
Night.

It was the first night that Akane was kidnapped. The sullen air packed
the yard and pressed against the trees. The grass felt the heaviness
and gave way. The flowers bent, and it was as if the word "life" was
never heard of. The rain started. It bombarded the grounds even
furthur, and broke into a horrendous storm. One man stood alone in the
center of the yard, taking this cumbrous atmosphere and rain on his
shoulders. Even in such darkness the contour of his figure could be
crudely outlined.

He seemed to be carrying something long and thin in his right hand.
Slowly, ever so slowly, he raised the long, stick-like object until it
pointed against the sky in defiance.

He spoke.

"I AM KUNO TAKEWAKI, THE BLUE THUNDER OF FURINKAN-HIGH!!! I SHALL NOT
TOLERATE THE SACRILEGIOUS ACTS OF KIDNAPPING MY LOVELY PIG-TAILED
GODDESS AND THE HEAVENLY AKANE!!! I SHALL VANQUISH THE EVIL SAOTOME
AND HIS DRAGON ACCOMPLICE WITH MY SWORD!!! KUNO TAKEWAKI WILL MAKE HIS
NAME KNOWN TO THE VILLAINS!!!..." (etc. etc. etc.) "OH GRACIOUS GODS,
SHOW ME A SIGN OF MY TRIUMPH!!!" There he once more raised his (obvious
by now) wooden bokken and pointed towards the sky. He pleaded for a
sign of victory from the gods, and he got one.

Lightning.

The shocking energy channeled through the wooden bokken to the Blue
Thunder of Furinkan High before it was absorbed by the earth.

Three days later...

"KUNO TAKEWAKI SHALL DEFEAT THE SINISTER MONSTERS AND SAVE AKANE AND
THE PIG-TAILED GODDESS!!!" Kuno cried passionately as his mummified
body trembled in the wheelchair.

Later that day it was reported by some students that two people had
boarded the Kuno family's private airplane heading towards mainland
China.

III----------
Akane tried once more to break free from the rope with which she was
meticulously tied onto a chair. To no avail.

She was indeed furious. *Why does it have to be me ALL THE TIME???
WHY AM I ALWAYS THE VICTIM? Ever since Ranma came along I was always
dragged into some accident and I have to play the hostage EVERY SINGLE
TIME!!! And now _THIS_!* Akane stared at the tight rope.

*Ranma no baka! Why isn't he here yet?* Akane thought angrily. Does
he always choose the last minute to come to play the hero?

After a while her wrath was appeased. Actually, she thought, I can't
really blame this on him... Besides, sometimes he _does_ look like he
really care about me...

Akane suddenly remembered the dream that night, about that mind-blowing
kiss... She blushed.

"Ranma..." Akane whispered as she gradually drifted back into sleep.

As she started to doze once more, a slight noise could be heard from
the ceiling at the area right above her. They were that of extremely
light footsteps as if someone was tip-toeing.

Suddenly, there was loud yell and the ceiling exploded. Granite was
seen everywhere and a large hole was created right above where Akane
used to be sitting.

"Oh Lovely Akane!!!" A figure jumped into the fray looking for Akane.
He went about the room checking all the corners for hidden doors and
traps, but he could find nothing at all.

Finally, the figure went back to the area where he had made a hole in
the ceiling and heard a weak, muffled cry.

"he...help meee..."

"Akane? Is that you, my beautiful sunshine?"

True enough, it turned out to be Akane all right. Only that she was
buried under a pile of countless stones that the figure had created
when he made the hole in the dome of the room in order to gain access
to the room.

In less than a minute the stones were removed, revealing the torn and
crumpled Akane. "Oh lovely angel, who hath done such horrible deed to
batter your exquisite figure to such tattered state?" The figure
quickly cut away the rope that bounded Akane and picked her up and
cradled her in his arms.

Akane looked. She gasped at the sight. For a minute or so she thought
the pharoahs and the mummies in the whatever national museum in Egypt
had a strike. Then she sort of found a familiarity in the voice of
the...thing... and finally the light shone onto her as she saw the
wooden bokken on the man's side.

"Kuso..." Akane murmured. "Get away from me, Kuno!!!" And saying this
she made another hole in the ceiling as she kicked the figure into the
boundless night sky.

IV----------
Ever since the trip began Kodachi was anxious for her Ranma-sama. "Oh
Ranma-sama... I will be with you through all these perils against the
evil dragon-lord! The black rose will stay with its owner whether it
blossoms or withers!!! Wait for me, Ranma-sama!" Kodachi prayed as
she ceremonially sharpened her long, red nails and dipped them into a
solution of compressed and semi-liquidified nerve gas.

Earlier on Sasuke was sent spying as usual at the Tendo dojo, reporting
every move of that ungracious wench Akane towards Ranma-sama. Besides
the usual duties, Kodachi ordered Sasuke to check out what Ranma would
like for a Christmas present so that she could, with her vast
resources, please her mighty husband.

However all hell broke loose when Sasuke reported that Ranma was tied
on to a firecracker to fly over to China to save Akane from a dragon.
>From then on Kodachi had prepared herself so that she could join her
future husband in battle during this dragon crusade. She busied
herself in mixing up all sorts of chemicals and weapons, ranging from
Cesium bars to Aqua-Regia to Cyanide pills to paralysis gas to
shurikens dipped in poisonous frogs' excretion to god-knows-what-else.
Thus, fully packed up, she travelled with her brother to China.

Of course she didn't know that Ranma was training in the Shenlong cave,
due to the careful reports that Sasuke had given her. As far as the
Kunos were concerned everyone was kidnapped by the dragon and that's
where they were going -- the dragon's den.

Kodachi laughed in contempt as she imagined the dragon of Jakou-Maneki,
with all its treasures, lived in a primitive cave facing cockroaches,
fleas, and fungi everyday. However, as they jumped the plane (they had
nowhere to land that junk in the mountains) and founded the site of the
supposedly-hideous-dwelling she found out it wasn't the case. They
didn't even have to bribe or ask the local residents to notice that
gigantic temple built on top the highest peak of the Kun-Lun mountains.
And that wasn't what astonished her either. What they found out later
when they broke in underground was that half the mountain had been
converted into the dragon's cave built in the same magnificent, regal
fashion as the temple outside.

The only unfortunate fact was that she had only had time for a couple
glimpse at the inner decorations before she was caught.

V---------
Nu was furious. How dared these foolish mortals trample the hallow
ground with their soiled feet? "Time to give those Tendo people a
warning..." he said under his breath.

He gave another glance at the three figures tied onto the wall with
chains and cuffs. They had started to stir as the sleeping gas'
effects began to fade away.

(Note... Let's cut all those lovely dialogues that occur just about
every time between the set-up heros and the vicious villains -- such as
*struggling against the heavy bonds* "I will never succumb to your evil
forces!" *followed by a very cacophonous laugh from the bad people*
"Never!!!" *another evil smile and the bad guys would say, "I will
torture you until you wish you had died before you fell into my
claws..."* *and then the scream from the hero* *another maniac laugh*
*and-on-and-on-and-on.*)

Nu vanished in front of the captives and headed for the dojo. Akane
silently prayed as she dimly remembered what had happened. She looked
to her left and saw Kodachi all bruised up and over to the corner of
the wall she could recognize - barely - the burned and broken face of
Kuno Takewaki as he screamed the roof down with his mighty voice.

"I AM KUNO TAKEWAKI, THE BLUE THUNDER OF FURINKAN HIGH!!! RELEASE ME
AND CRAWL ON YOUR KNEES WHILE YOU BEHOLD THE SIGHT OF THE GREAT
SAMURAI!!! I, THE GRACIOUS LORD AND THE BLUE THUNDER OF FURINKAN
HIGH..."

Akane sighed. Is this just a nightmare?

"Ranma..." she whispered once more as she mercifully went unconscious.

VI-------
Back at Shenlong Cave...

"WAKE UP, YOUNG ONES!!!" The dragon had been trying to stir up the
passed-out figures for the last five hours though no one had responded
enough to meet his satisfaction.

"WAKE UP!!!" The dragon bellowed once more.

"WAAAAAAAAAAAKE UUUUUUPPPP!!!" The entire cave shook while debris
started to fall as his powerful voice echoed. Unfortunately, none of
them stirred.

"HAKUAKI KYU RYU SHYU!!!" Enraged and at the end of his patience, the
dragon lord let out a furious punch into the ground.

Immediately four came to.

"SHIT!!! EARTHQUAKE!!!"
"WAAAAA!!!"
"KYAAAAA!!!"
"GYAAAAAA!!!"

The ground shook once more and crumbled beneath them. They scurried
away and leapt among the unstable rocks to avoid falling.

"AH! I SEE YOU HAVE ALL WAKEN NOW." The dragon said matter-of-factly.

Ranma screamed as he leapt up to the hill which the dragon was standing
on. "YOU did that? WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR?!"

"WELL SINCE NONE OF YOU WERE RESPONSIVE I THOUGHT I WOULD BE MERCIFUL
AND LET YOU SLEEP ETERNALLY..."

"No thanks." Ranma replied sullenly. After a while he added, "by the
way, how did you do that?"

"THAT'S WHAT YOU'RE ABOUT TO LEARN."

By then Ukyou, Shampoo, and Ryoga (carrying a still unconscious Hinako)
had arrived safely to where Ranma was.

"What was that?" Ukyou was still trembling a bit.
"Almost killed Shampoo! Darling Ranma, are you okay?"

Shampoo activated her bear hug mode and targeted Ranma. Meanwhile
Ryoga was being severly thrashed about by Hinako for being condemned of
"taking advantage of a faculty member while she was engaged in a
brain-relaxing activity" since Ryoga was holding her in the wrong
places when he managed to save her from falling.

"HEY I _SAVED_ YOU"
"BETTER THAT I DIED THAN TO LIVE IN SHAME!!!" *whap!*
"WHAT THE ..." *slam!*
"YOU PERVERTED DELINQUENT!!!" Hinako yelled and cried and rammed her
right foot into Ryoga's balls.

"Wow. Talking about Akane being violent." The other three marveled.

The dragon was contemplating throughout the entire incident. *How can
I teach Ranma about the Kyu Ryu Shyu? It's been so long that I've
forgotten how to explain this technique and for me it came as an
instinct...* Then he looked over at the fuming Hinako.

Yes... he thought... instinct is the word.

VII--------
"What is THIS?" Ranma couldn't believe what he heard. He struggled
against the bonds that tied his hands behind his back in futile effort
and felt the hard steel strings tightening against his wrists.

"TO LEARN THE HAKUAKI KYU RYU SHYU IT IS NECESSARY FOR YOU TO BE
BOUNDED IN SUCH A WAY THAT ONLY WHEN YOUR STRENGTH SURPASSED THE LEVEL
REQUIRED TO RELEASE THE KI PUNCH WOULD YOU BE ABLE TO BREAK THE
DRAGON-ROPE."

"And until then I have to be hog-tied like some masochistic gay boy?"
Ranma couldn't believe it. His body was tied literally from head to
feet.

"YOU HAVE TO CONFRONT YOUR WORST FEARS AND OVERCOME THEM WITH YOUR
INSTINCTIVE ANGER."

"WAIT a second here I never said..."

"HAKUAKI KYU RYU SHYU REQUIRES THAT THE USER BE NATURALLY EMOTIONALLY
UNSTABLE..."

"WHAT? you're saying I'm NUTS??"

"THE USERS MUST RISK THEIR SANITY IN ORDER TO COMPLETE..."

"No FUCKING WAY!!!" Enraged, Ranma interrupted before the dragon could
finish.

"YOU'VE JUST DEMONSTRATED MY POINT." Upon hearing this, Ranma
immediately shut his mouth up.

"So," Ranma continued after a while, "are you going to teach me how to
do this or what?"

The dragon lord seemed to smile.

VIII-------
The dragon-lord's narration...

The Hakuaki Kyu Ryu Shyu was a variation of the Hi Ryu and the Ko Ryu
Satsu techniques. Ever since the creation of the dragons, the tribe
had acquired two 'cousin' tribes along the way...

The Wyverns...
And the Dinosaurs.

Thus, Hakuaki Kyu Ryu Shyu was in fact "Cretaceous Dinosaur Punch,"
(Ranma face-faulted) and the users would have to charge up his ki to
such an incredible amount that he would be on the verge of insanity.
Usually, through the Ko Ryu Steps the dragon-technique users had a
latent power to release such energies in extreme conditions, but to be
a user of the HKRS he/she must possess the ability to 'recharge'
whenever it is needed.

The most conspicuous difference between the dragon technique users and
the users of the HKRS is that when commencing an attack, the user would
release such a terrible shriek resembling that of a dinosaur yelling
for kill to scare the opponents.

Furthermore, the user's facial features would contort too. His/her eye
would bulge outward - a temporal asphixiation as all of the user's body
and lungs would be shortly charged by ki - and foam would dribble out
of the user's mouth continuously.

IX----------
The dragon paused as he finished his lecture. The five humans - well,
more or less - stood wide-eyed in shock.
"WELL, ANY QUESTIONS?"

Ranma couldn't believe it. As much as he hate to act like a rabid dog
he had to do it. For Akane. "But how am I supposed to charge up?" He
asked reluctantly to the dragon as he uncomfortably continued to wiggle
in the chair. (he was still bonded)

"YOUR POWER WILL BE MOST EFFECTIVE UPON EXTREME CONDITIONS SUCH AS FEAR
OR ANGER."

"Or joy." Ranma interrupted.
"NOT REALLY."
"Shit." and after a while, "so I have to be either scared shitless or
pissed off so badly to break this... rope?"
"RIGHT."
"................."

Meanwhile the dragon ordered the rest of the group.

"YOUR OBJECTIVE TODAY IS TO HELP ME BUILD UP RANMA SAOTOME'S KI TO THE
LEVEL AT WHICH HE COULD USE THE HKRS."

All except Ukyou were uttering protests.

"Hey! Why do I have to help _HIM_?" Ryoga fired up.
"Shampoo not want Ranma sad."
"Don't expect me to help you unless you give me my cookies!"
(and on and on and on)

Finally the dragon-lord bellowed. "ENOUGH! I ASK YOU FOUR TO HELP ON
ACCOUNT OF THREE REASONS. ONE : YOU KNOW HIM BETTER THAN I DO AND YOU
KNOW WHAT WILL ANGER / SCARE RANMA. TWO : YOU ARE TO PREVENT NU FROM
OVERTAKING THE EARTH AS A GROUP. THREE : BECAUSE I LET YOU LIVE LONGER
IN RETURN. UNDERSTAND?"

Now everyone went a bit stiff at the last comment and quickly nodded in
unison.

"NOW GET WORKING!"

Then everything went downhills.

X-----------
What had happened to Ranma in the next couple of hours was beyond human
description. Ranma had went through several floggings, got flattened
by spatulas and bandannas, went under the Chinese water torture, been
dressed up like a cute girl...

However, no matter how they tried, Ranma seemed not to be able to
become angry. The closest he ever came to was when they dumped Shampoo
into water and throw her onto Ranma. That failed too, since Ranma
automatically locked up at the last moment.

In short, Ranma survived all these with no apparent signs of struggling
to break his bonds.

"Shit... this boy's tough..." Ryoga muttered as the group slumped down
onto the ground. They were more tired than Ranma.

"Shampoo know... too bad violent girl not here." She and Ukyou smirked
as Ryoga controlled himself not to make any comment.

But then something snapped and Ukyou sat up immediately. It was
something Shampoo said...

Gingerly she rose and murmured into the dragon's ear.
"Can you get people here through some teleportation spells?"

The dragon lord answered yes, anyone except Akane since she was
magically protected.

"Then..." Ukyou made an apology to Ranma in her mind and continued,
"You should..."

The dragon was speechless as it heard what Ukyou proposed. Then he
shrugged.

"ALL RIGHT. I WILL DO AS YOU WISH IF YOU TRULY THINK IT WOULD HELP."

"It would."

So he started the spell.

XI----------
While practically everyone was involved in this incident and were all
extremely anxious for the away party, Happosai seemed to have things to
finish up for himself.

The master of Anything-Goes-Ecchi-Stuff quickly changed into a style of
dressing which he had been familiar with for about four-fifths of his
life and swiftly drifted out of the balcony and over the roof tops and
started his work.

Let's take a look at the working clothes of Happosai for just a minute
here. He was dressed entirely black, with dark-colored shoes on his
feet and a bagful of ...something that he carried on his back with a
huge piece of black cloth being tied up taut into knots just under his
nose.

In short, he was wearing the traditional 'burglar outfit'. Which left
us the readers to wonder just what the hell did that giant bag on his
back contain.

Obviously, every time he did something of this sort there was a horde
of women chasing after him for their own possessions. This time it was
no exception. The only difference was, in the previous times Happosai
didn't get lost, and never, never got so clueless of where he was that
he walked into a dead-end street.

*Nani?* Happosai turned back just in time to see the army of raging
females completely blocked up the other end of the street. Now
normally Happosai would try to jump out of the way, but since this
street was so tiny and the walls surrounding him were all over 5 floors
high, he had nowhere to go.

Happosai began to feel the pressure and the imminent danger as he tried
one last time to sneak away.

To no avail.

In less than a second he realized that he might not be able to come out
of this thing as easily as he had before, so he chose what he
considered the 'glorious death.'

"Akane-chan!!!" He immediately targeted apparently the largest set of
boobs in the group and aimed to project himself into the welcoming
warmth and softness.

10 meters away...
8
6
4
2...
TOUCHDOWN!!!

XII-----------
"KKKKYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

XIII----------
Happosai blinked. The scent. It was so fresh. The flesh was so soft,
just newly reached the fully developed stage. And the ponytail
reminded him of someone he knew oh-so-well...

He looked up.

"RRAAANNNNMMMAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!"

XIV----------
Ranma-chan suddenly felt a wrinkled ...something... wriggling between
her breasts. The thing felt so familiar it brought a surge of
horrifying electricity across her mind and some etched lines in the
background. Unwillingly, she looked downward.

And saw what she knew she was going to see.

"GUUAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!"

The old man kept rubbing her creamy mounds with his entire body.

"Oh Ranma I thought I'd never see you again!!! You have no idea how
I've missed you!!!" Happosai addressed the two lovely peaks as if the
breasts, instead if the person herself, were named Ranma.

"GET OFF ME YOU MONSTER!!! AAAHHHHHHHH!!!" Ranma began to struggle
against the rope like never before.

"MMMMMMMMMM...." Obviously Happosai either didn't hear it or
interpreted Ranma's words in a totally different direction.

Suddenly Ranma felt wetness on her chest and looked down once more.
She found Happosai drooling onto her body as he lowered his head once
more into her breasts.

*No oh god no oh no fuck no this is not happening...*

Too late.

Happosai kissed Ranma. On her breasts. He went delirious. Never had
anything tasted so sweet before. He was about to 'immerse himself in
the nirvana' once more when he heard an unearthly cry.

And everything went black.

XV----------
When Ranma-chan felt a peck on her left breast she exploded.

"NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" The shriek, like a sonic boom,
tore Happosai ten feet away from Ranma-chan.

Hate, like fresh lava, spewed forth and consumed every single channel
of her veins as Ranma-chan's energy level boosted fifty-fold.
Ranma-chan was in a state of which she could not hear, speak, feel,
smell, nor see. Nor did she need any of those, for hate and anger
directed her to 'know' her target so well that she could recognize it
even if it was burned to ashes.

With a twitch Ranma-chan twisted her neck around in unhealthy angles
and foam started to appear at the corner of her lips. Her mouth was
split so wide you'd wonder if it was torn apart. And her teeth seemed
inhumanly sharp for some reason.

Ranma-chan screamed.

The dragon rope started to burn. Ranma-chan simply moved out of the
chair as the rope went to ashes under the impossibly heavy ki and high
temperature that surrounded Ranma-chan's body.

She grabbed a dazed Happosai with her left hand and barely crushed him
with her fingers when she threw Happosai high and straight up into the
sky. Happosai crashed into the ceiling of the cave, made a face-plant
there which would later become a tourist attraction, and fell straight
down once more.

Ranma-chan readied herself.

And she slammed her fists into Happosai the moment that he was within
her reach.

Happosai made a gigantic hole through the ceiling of the cave and was
punched into the orbits as he travelled at supersonic speeds out of
earth.

XVI---------
All the energy in her body left with that one single uppercut and
Ranma-chan could but remain in the position. She felt like an empty
cast.

For the rest of the group, the adjective 'totally fucking blown away'
would be a very big understatement. Their jaws dropped almost down to
the floor as they witnessed the most incredible display of power they
had ever seen in their current and previous lives.

The rest of the group simply stared. And stared. And stared. And
stared some more. And all of a sudden they started to speak in unison.

"Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck
Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!"
(sorry about that zoner, gryph)

And fainted.

The dragon-lord smiled to himself. Not only was this far more than
what he had expected, Ranma-chan had also saved him some energy for a
spell to transport Happosai back to Japan.

Suddenly, the dragon-lord started to tremble almost unnoticably. The
hands tightened into fists and he started to shook uncontrollably.
Then something else happened.

The dragon lord's face changed. Gradually and subtly. The eyes became
a shade darker and its edges a bit sharper. The cheeks became more
angled and the mouth a bit wider. On the whole it looked a lot more
menancing.

In fact, it bore a striking semblance to that of Nu's.