Ranma: The Ko Ryu 18 Steps Part 3.2 [fanfic]

Dave Gao

Jun 6, 1995, 3:00:00 AM6/6/95

!Ranma 1/2 !
!(Sorry about the delay got exams...) !
!The Ko Ryu 18 Steps - Part Three.2- !
! !-----------------------! !
! -------------- ------!
! ! ! !--
! ! ! !---
!----------------! !----------------!ANMA (FANFIC)

Standard Disclaimer...
<cut>
And all the legal stuff irrelevant to the plotline...
<snip>
*See part 1 for those (that is, if you re interested)

COMING VERY VERY SOON
The Ko Ryu 18 Steps Part 4 (Ranma)
Kon ya wa Hunter Part 1&2 (BGC & City Hunter)
Kyosuke s wurst nitemare (KOR & Nightmare on Elm St.)
Moonlight and mallet blossom (City Hunter & AMG)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Special Note:
somehow my computer decided to revolt and I have to cut
this file into two parts. Please download Part 3.1 and Part 3.2
at the same time (unless you don t want to find out about
what happened in this story that is)

(continued from 3.1)
XI-----------
The five rested and began exploring around. They could only
go a couple of steps at a time since there was no light
whatsoever.

Hmmm... can t see a thing... Ranma groped about couldn t
get anything. He tripped himself suddenly but as he grabbed
his foot and yelped in pain he found out he stumbled over a
piece of wood.

Lucky... That should do the trick... Moko Takabishya!!! He
pointed his right index finger at the piece of wood and slowly it
started to burn.

Ranma... how d you do THAT? Everyone stared in wonder.
Ranma I never knew you can do magic! Hinako said
surprised. Can you create some candy for me?
Ranma...
PEOPLE, STOP!!! He yelled. This isn t magic, this is just
something I thought up at the spur of the moment.

You see, Ranma continued to explain, When you release
your ki from one concentrated point the energy will have
smaller diameter but goes faster and the temperature should be
higher. That s how I lighted the piece of wood. See?

Ranma turned his head away as the rest were starting to make
some more comments again and couldn t believe what he saw.
The book. That was IT. The Book of the Ko-Ryu techniques.

Everyone rushed to circle Ranma to see why he s so excited.

The dim light emitted from the burning wood seemed to glow.

The Book! With this I shall defeat the Jakou-Maneki
Dragon!!! He fervently brushed through a couple of pages.

P-chan was about to charge, for it knew Ranma would be
stronger than ever after he acquired this book, but he was held
back by Shampoo and Ukyou.

Dum de dum dee dum da da de dum dum dum... Ranma felt
like humming. Let s see... page one... forword... page two...
contents...page three...Hi-Ryu-Sho-... huh? Ranma read what
he could as they were all in Kanji, but then stopped humming
and reading all together as he turned purple.

Huh...? Huh..? eh...um...? Ranma was flipping over the
pages of the special moves of the ko-ryu-ken, but he saw
something worse besides a sea of Kanjis. He saw all the
important pages covered with doodling of bras, undergarments
of all sorts, lingerie, and found a couple of torn pages.

WHAT WAS THAT I SAW, SAOTOME RANMA? Hinako
fumed up as she saw pages after pages of obscenities.

This wasn t me! Ranma yelled back. He flipped through the
the book and found the last page intact and, surprisingly, un
marred except for a small note on the back. Ban-Ryu-Sho-
Ten It said and no more. Ranma turned the page and looked
at the note. There was a little self-portrait of a familiar face
and the following message followed:

To all the dumbasses who tried to learn the Ko Ryu Ken...

I SPENT 10 DAMNED YEARS TRYING TO LEARN THE
FIRST MOVE AND STILL COULDN T SUCCEED, SO I
SWORE THAT NO ONE S GOING TO LEARN WHAT I
COULDN T LEARN AFTER ME! NO ONE!!!
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...

-Happosai

That fuckin shithead pervert!!! Ranma screamed. I knew it
was him the second I saw the doodling!!!

That monster...he is more than 500 years old!!! Hinako
screamed in echo, even forgetting to chastise Ranma for his use
of language.

Unbelievable...did he invented the modern women s
undergarment while he was trapped in this cave? Ukyou
murmured and suddenly looked down to herself in disgust.
Don t tell me I ve been wearing the creation of this monster
all along for years!!!

Their thoughts were interrupted as Shampoo pointed out
something. Shampoo saw exit! Ranma! Shampoo saw exit!

Ranma, crestfallen now, followed the group as they turned
right and saw the exit sign written above another path nicely.
He stuffed the remainings of the book into his pockets and
caught up with Hinako as they entered the corridor.

What they didn t see was the warning sign written above the
exit sign: Do not enter until you have mastered all 18 moves.

XII------------
The group walked along the corridor and finally entered a
room that had its walls built so that it looked like a circle. The
fire from the wood was suddenly extinguished by a violent
wind. The room gradually darkened.

Then all of a sudden the entire room lighted up as bright as day
and the five jumped.

I AM THE DRAGON OF JAKOU-MANEKI AND JAKOU-
MANEKI ALONE. It thundered.

Ranma s anger rose. So you re the one who kidnapped
Akane! Give Akane back!!!

P-chan jumped into the air in anger as it heard Akane was
kidnapped. It bounced around wildly trying to destroy every
object in its way.

WHAT YOU SAW WAS MY SHADOW, YOUNG ONE. I
NEEDED YOU TO BRING US BACK TOGETHER AS
ONE SO THAT OUR POWERS BALANCE EACH OTHER
OUT. BUT FIRST YOU MUST PROVE YOURSELF
WORTHY.

So... it wasn t like what Great-grand-mother said?

WHAT SHE SAID WAS TRUE BUT NO ONE KNEW THE
OTHER SIDE OF THE STORY...

All right. So what do you want me to do? I don t want to sit
here all day to listen to some stupid narrative!

VERY WELL. I SEE YOU ARE TRULY ENERGETIC,
MY CHILD. YOUR OBJECTIVE IS TO ESCAPE THE
TRAP-FILLED TRAINING GROUNDS AND GET TO THE
EXIT. LET US BEGIN NOW.

Suddenly the entire ceiling seemed to be coming down on them
after the voice disappeared. In fact, the ceiling WAS closing
down on the group.

Ranmawhatshouldwedonow?!! Hinako almost fainted as she
saw what was happening. Yeah, she had heard of Indiana
Jones and the Temple of Doom but this was incredible.

Ranma, I don t want to end up like my okonomiyaki! The
ceiling was only a couple of feet away from their heads now.

Ranma keep head down!!! Shampoo shrieked as she saw
spikes extending out of some holes in the ceiling.

Ranma lowered his head and was stunned at what he saw. The
floor of the room was covered with paint in a regular, spiral
manner. The spiral seemed to glow and emit some immense
heat.

Ranma the floor was burning!!! The girls screamed as the
floor burned their feet. P-chan was jumping back and forth,
bouncing against the walls to avoid landing on the floor while
looking out for the descending ceiling.

Ranma suddenly understood it all. With a speed faster than
human he danced. Without looking down he walked straight
along the path of the spiral, his body cold as a corpse.

Everyone get to the center of the room and duck LOW!!!

Slightly, ever so slightly, the air began to stir.
*WHO HAS SEEN THE GREAT DRAGON SOAR?*

The air was whirling as Ranma glided fluidly across the floor.
*WHO HAS FELT THE GREAT WYRM S WRATH?*

The ceiling was less than a foot above Ranma s head. Ranma
had to duck lower to avoid the steel spikes. He could sense
the blood boiling under his icy skin once again, but this time he
felt something new. He felt his body taken over by a new
sensation. He closed his right hand into a tight fist, but on a
second thought, he raised his index finger.

HI-RYU-SHO-TEN-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Ranma felt his finger connected against the ceiling for a second
before it was literally blown straight back up to the top. The
cyclone took the shape of a soaring dragon and smashed the
ceiling into particles of dust.

They all looked up. Hinako was overtaken by what she saw.
Ukyou and Shampoo gasped. And P-chan, for once, stopped
squealing. The Ki that Ranma released had left a trail of... fire.

XIII-----------
WELL DONE, YOUNG MAN. The voice congratulated the
worn out Ranma.

Wait a second, Ranma asked. When I released a dragon
ascension defeat before there wasn t a flame around the Ki and
definitely it wasn t in such a clear form of like a dragon!

THINK, CHILD. IT ALL HAD TO DO WITH THE WAY
YOU RELEASE THE KI. YOU HAD REALIZED BEFORE
THAT THE GREATER THE TEMPERATURE
DIFFERENCE, THE MORE POWERFUL THE DRAGON
ASCENSION WILL BE. YOU ALSO KNEW THAT BY
CONDENSING YOUR KI INTO A SINGLE POINT THE
POWER WILL BE TENFOLD. THE ASCENSION PUNCH
YOU JUST PERFORMED WAS NEARLY TWENTY
TIMES GREATER THAN WHAT YOU HAD DONE,
JUDGING FROM WHAT YOU TOLD ME. THE HOT AIR
WAS PACKED SO TIGHTLY THAT IT BURNED THE
DUST PARTICLES THE CEILING GAVE OFF AND ALSO
SHATTERED THE CEILING COMPLETELY. THAT WAS
ALSO WHY YOU SAW THE FLAMES IN THE AIR.

NOW THE SECOND LEVEL: GET TO THE EXIT
BEFORE I REPLACE ANOTHER CEILING TO CRUSH
YOU.

Ranma panted. Can t you just GIVE US A BREAK?

NEGATIVE. It responded even before Ranma finished his
sentence.

Ranma thought hard. He looked at the exit, the hole in the
roof of the room that had been blocked by the ceiling before.
He realized.

Oh, this wouldn t be too bad... everyone jump up!

The group sprinted into the air without a second thought as
Ranma executed his second move.

HI-RYU-KO-RIN-DAN!!!

And they sailed nicely out of the room into another dimension.
Shampoo and Ukyou shrieked as they took the full impact of
the backfire for the first time.

XIV----------
I SEE YOU UNDERSTAND THE POTENTIAL OF THE
COMBINATION OF THE ASCENSION DEFEAT. VERY
CLEVER FOR SOMEONE WHO HAS NEVER SEEN THE
BOOK BEFORE. The dragon roared as everyone came to.

Ranma and the others looked around and saw an impossibly
wide field that stretched across the horizon.

How... how did you know what happened to the book?

ABOUT A COUPLE OF YEARS MORE THAN FIVE
HUNDRED YEARS AGO A CRUMPLED OLD MAN
ASKED TO LEARN THE KO-RYU-KEN, AND AFTER
TEN LONG YEARS OF FUTILE ATTEMPTS HE NEARLY
DESTROYED THE BOOK, WHICH IN TURN ENRAGED
ME AND I KICKED HIM OUT OF THE CAVE
SWEARING TO MAIM HIM FOREVER IF HE EVER
DARED TO RETURN.

Well that explains it nicely I knew he couldn t get out just by
himself.

POSITIVE. BUT I WAS AFRAID THAT HE WOULD
COVER THE ENTIRE CAVE WITH HIS DISGUSTING
MURAL-PAINTING OF WOMEN S UNDERGARMENTS
IF I JUST DISPOSE HIM INSIDE MY CAVE.

You could ve killed him and save US a lot of trouble.

THE POWER OF ANNIHILATION WAS ONLY
ASSIGNED TO THE SHADOW, NEVER THE DRAGON
ITSELF.

So you are the good part of the dragon?

AFFIRMATIVE.

Then get us outta this damn place!