Ranma 1/2: The Ko Ryu 18 Steps Part 1 [fanfic]

Dave Gao

May 17, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/17/95

!Ranma 1/2 !
! !
!The Ko Ryu 18 Steps - Part One-- !
! !-----------------------! !
! ----------------- ------!
! ! ! !--
! ! ! !---
!----------------! !---------------!ANMA (FANFIC)

Disclaimer:
(To Ms. Rumiko Takahashi)
The characters are all yours... I am just borrowing
them for a little side-winding narrative that kinda
has to do with the plotline of Ranma 1/2...
*All rights belong to Ms. Rumiko Takahashi who has
created the Ranma series characters.
(To Viz Comics)
Hey is there only one person who is working in the
translation of Ranma 1/2? I mean, does it really take
32 years for the 32 Ranma manga vols. to get
translated in English? Seriously, nobody is going to
rob your copyrighted stuff because right now people
read more fanfic than manga and it is not our fault
either.
(To the rest of the readers)
Well, screw the message above... I do not know what
I am talking about anyway...

[NOTE: You probably wonder why I write in formal
English. Actually my Microsoft Office is zapped and
now whenever I write something with an apostrophe
the word after it becomes invisible... but I can
probably find a way around this...]

*Take this a little easy, guys... this is my first story.
Send all comments, praises, and flames to dav...@ix.netcom.com
-Dave

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
COMING SOON:

KO RYU 18 STEPS PART 2
(RANMA 1/2)
THERE'S A HUNTER TOKNIGHT
(BGC & CITY HUNTER!!!)
KYOUSUKE'S WURST NIGHTMARE EVER
(KOR & NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET)
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

- PROLOGUE -

I----------
He has been around for too long, his highness decided. Watching the
filth cycling in the lives of humans and witnessing
the defeat of his own heir was too much to bear. And that was
the purpose of the cleanse. The cleanse before the age of
Maneki and Maneki alone.

With a blink he tore away part of his paralyzed limbs, freeing
himself from the burden that has been cast upon him for all
these centuries. He screamed, roared with a voice that would
soar above the clouds and make the strongest eagles drop
down to the ground dying.

Condensing his strength into one point he tried once more, and
this time the building shook, bent, and finally gave way under
its anger. The columns that supported the hallow fell, breaking
down to shambles. But he was still not free.

Finally, with a cry that would petrify the heavens, he pulled
himself free... What was there in his place before had become
a shell.

Nu did not know. Should he rest and regain his power? Or
should he simply start towards his goal?

And he decided to act.

II----------
Mint and Lime rushed in through the grandiose main gates,
barely able to catch their breath.

"M...Masterrrr the inner t. temppple of the holy Jakou-Maneki
palace i...is coming dddownnn in pieces!!!"

Seeing their great potent master not responding, they quickly
splashed icy cold water on the dozing figure.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Herb-chan sprinted five feet high
into the air, and came back down on the water bed head-first.

"WHATTHEHELLAREYOUTWOIDIOTSDOING!!!" She
smashed the water-bucket across their faces, sending them
sailing to the end of the room.

"Ti...titties......" Was all they managed to mumble with their
feeble voice.

Herb, with her instincts, immediately noticed something
different. There seemed to be some sort of eerie aura that is
lingering around the sacred circle in the heart of the Maneki
palace.

"Hey what had HAPPENNNNE...?!!!" She was suddenly
thrown off balance and was sent flying into Mint and Lime who
were just about to get up.

The three saw a semi-transparent shadow hovering the room,
and, with a movement even too fast for Herb to tell, dissolved
into the surrounding air.

What they didn't see was that the shadow reassembled itself in
the air just six inches above their heads.

Step I - Hi-Ryu-Sho-Ten-Ha

"Hi Ryu Sho Ten Ha has been one of the most mysterious and
powerful moves in the history of Anything-Goes Martial Arts...
when combined with a precise timing, the flying-dragon-
ascension defeat produces a shattering cyclone that proves to
be quite deadly. Being technique has been lost for over two
thousand years, legend only recorded it having some relation
with a difference in temperature..."

-Compendium of Chinese Kensu, manual excavated in
1932 near the south-east region of Tibet

I---------
The winter in Nerima was as harsh as it had been during the
preivous year. The weatherman reported over half a foot of
snow, though no one doubted him this time. Akane sighed,
delicately rubbing her mittened hands in front of the heater.
The old family heater glowed, emitting friendly waves that
embraced Akane in a big warm hug. After all, New Year was
only a couple of days away.

Ranma slided the door open and walked into the living room.
Though it was below freezing, he was still training every
morning against Genma. There was still some sweat on his
body, and that it shone against the light. Outside, a panda was
trying desperately to get up - clenching its paws, attempting to
make some friction against the glasslike ice so that it could
climb out from the pond.

Suddenly, Akane felt so hot. She had never been like this
before, especially when Ranma was within her sight. But then
she was itching all over and her soft skin seemed to be allergic
to her clothes. Dressing seemed... unnecessary now. In truth
it was too burdensome.

Ranma came along and sat in front of her. For a while time
seemed to pause, the two just stared into each other's eyes.
Akane blushed as she felt an overwhelming desire to be held.
Ranma looked so... different, she thought. So... mature...
and... se...sexy. Her thoughts were coming in spasms.

"How...what is going on?' She asked.
"Don't say anything, my love." Ranma replied.

She heard the words "my love" and thought she was in fact the
pitiable Juliet whose lover Romeo had just arrived, that the
two had justly reunited at last...

Ranma lowered his head and it seemed like the inevitable was
going to happen...

SMMMMOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHH!!!!!!

Akane woke up feeling herself in parts. When she got up she
could only wake up three of her toes along with her. Akane
waited a while so that blood could circulate through her body
and give her her senses back. But then she found out she was
holding onto something tight when her fingers regained
consciousness. She had somehow, in her sleep, stuffed half of
her pillow into her mouth and her nails were buried deep,
grabbing on to the pillow as if she still wanted more!

She looked about franctically and felt something squirm against
her butt. She lifted the drool-stained blanket and found P-chan
almost dead as it was squeezed forcefully all night long. In fact
P-chan looked more like a thin piece of paper than a pig. She
tried to pick it up but P-chan inflated itself and sprinted out the
room in horror. Akane sat on the futon alone.

What the hell kinda kinky dream was that, she reflected while
pulling out the pillow from her mouth with a "pop" and spitting
out some of its cotton-feathers along the way. Akane was
struck with both shame and anger, and she furiously stomped
about just to wake everyone else up.

She busted open the door to Ranma's room just in time to see
Ranma sprinting 9 feet high into the air.

"G..Geez what a nightmare" Ranma said with his lips closed,
his head buried deep in the ceiling.

Ranma thought he had dreamed that he was confronted by
Pansuto Tarou again, but this time the panty-hose maniac
dipped himself so that he'd have those hair-like flagella of a
jellyfish, the claws of an falcon as his forehands and the legs of
a tiger as the hind. Ranma had to rescue Akane from the
terrible fate of wearing a special dress designed by Pansuto.
The dress, surprisingly, was solely made from panty-hoses
discarded by people who had athelete's foot or other diseases
with their feet. Thus to avoid marrying an uncute bride who
was not only an accurate and fatal cook, a brutal manipulator,
a crazy baka, a short-circuited-brain and flat-chested girl, but
also an uncute bride who stinked sky-high, Ranma had to act
quickly before Pansuto successfully kidnapped Akane away.
However, problems arose when Pansuto tied Akane to a stake
guarded by giant cats whose eyes could stun the very gruesome
cannibals themselves... and that's when he woke up.

Genma and Soun proved to be in no better shape as they woke
up with their hazel eyes. They had been dreaming that the
women whose undergarments had been stolen ganged up on
them instead of their master...

In the other room Nabiki shrieked as she woke up from a
horrible dream of paying tips to all the waiters in the most
expensive restaurants she had gone to for a repentance and
atonement of her past stinginess. Even Kasumi sweated as she
imagined her food tasted like Akane's cookies in her dream.

Happosai similarly had the worst night in his life. He dreamed
that all his precious collections suddenly grew out pairs of
wings and they all flew into the sky leaving the poor old man
their sweet scent behind...

"This cannot be... all of us having bad or erratic dreams? Does
that mean something bad is gonna happen...?" Soun calculated
carefully.

II------------
The Tendo living room was suppressed with a dark aura.
Everyone was lost in the thought of some imminent evil that
had lurked around the dojo and caused all the nightmares.
What exactly had happened to the once very peaceful... well,
rather peaceful, household?

"I think I have a way to ward off the evil spirits." Genma said
plainly.

"I think I do too." Soun joined in for the echo.

"We'll make Akane and Ranma marry tomorrow so that their
marriage brings luckiness and good aura to cancel out the bad
aura!!!" Within half a second Ranma and Akane rammed their
dads into the floor.

"If you're so eager about marrying then marry each other!"

After about ten more minutes the ruckus was at last mercifully
over and every sat down again discussing what to do next. All
of a sudden a huge explosion occured and there was a huge
hole on the ground of the Tendo backyard.

"Ryu-Chi-Zan!!!" A voice shouted as all the windows were
violently broken and glasses showered the entire dojo.

A gale wind blew into the yard from no where and formed into
a shadow floating in the air as the group came running.

"I shall take Akane Tendo as my bride. If the rest cooperate
their lives may be spared. I am the spirit of the dragon of the
Jakou-Maneki dynasty and I claim Akane Tendo as my
bride!!!" The shadow announced.

III-------------
"Never!!! I have defeated Herb already so get your fat ass
back to China!" Ranma stood on the roof alone, away from
the rest of the Tendo family.

"Ranma!!!" Akane cried out anxiously. "Be careful! He seem
to be no common person!"

"Bwahaha...Herb? He was only fit to be my lowest servant! I
shall make myslef clear once more... I am the dragon whose
descendants became the Jakou Maneki dynasty lines! I was,
am, and will be the sole governor of the world!!!"

In the flash of a second Ranma jumped down from the roof and
was now standing in front of the shadow. "I know what you
mean... what I don't understand, however, is why you chose
Akane as your bride. You see, I care about you. I don't want
you to get stuck with this snobby tomboy... why, you won't
even know when you'd get poisoned! I say, if you marry
Akane the line of Jakou-Maneki will be completely ruined! It
will end right here with her hazardous food and temper!"
Before he had a chance to add another commetnt Ranma got
slammed with a mallet that had a mark "1000 ton." carved into
its surface.

"You just love to talk, huh?" Akane gritted her teeth.

"Enough of this stupid conversation! I WANT AKANE!!!"
He bellowed. "Yo! The old man over there! Prepare the
dowry! Within 24 hours I want Akane in a lavish wedding
dress and I want a renovated dojo as the dowry or else no one
leaves here alive!! Also, I want that panda there captured and
roasted on the wedding banquet!!!"

Soun froze into ice and shatters as Nabiki turned to stone when
they heard the demands of the dowry. They could really care
less about the panda but the dojo was important. "Ha...Haha...
you are not serious...See, I'm just a regular panda who is
peace-loving and always strive to entertain others." Panda held
a sign high above its head, pleading for its life.

"IN YOUR DREAMS!!!" Ranma suddenly interrupted.
"Moko Takabishyaaaaaa_________!!!!!!!!" Energy blasts
glowed around Ranma's hands as he brought them together for
the ki-fireball.

"Kiddie stuff." Nu replied nonchalantly. "Aan." A sound
escaped his throat as he drew a huge circle in the air with his
right index finger and the fireballs were dissolved in mid-air as
they approached Nu.

"Dumb ass, I'm back here!" Nu turned his head just to see
Ranma closing in for attack. "Tenshin Amaguriken!" His fists
went bezerk as he pounded on his target.

"I see you have a hard-on for chestnuts... very well. Here you
go!!! Combo--Scale Shield!!" With a move as fast as
Ranma's, Nu blocked each of his opponent's hit with a
chestnut.

Ranma exploded when he realized he was in fact helping Nu
cracking his chestnuts and Nu gladly went about lunching on
the shell-less nuts.

"Boy these are delicious!!! They still taste good after I brought
them all the way from China!" Nu happily pigged away his
snack. "By the way is this the best you can do, Ramen... I
meant Ranma?"

Ranma froze. Never had he met such an enemy before. His
chance of victory seemed almost completely out of reach.
Ranma looked crestfallen, his confidence failing him more as
time went on.

"Now it's time to say good-bye." Nu said calmly, bringing his
hand up above his head.. "HEI-SEN-KI-ZAN!!!" The
atmosphere condensed as his left hand pointed towards the sky
in an odd manner.

Ranma was totally alarmed. This shadow...whoever he was...
could control ki with such skill that they forced the
surrounding air to form semi-translucent blades!

"Die." The blades cut through the thin air, spinning towards
Ranma. Crap... there's gotta be a way to handle this, he
thought.

Within a fraction of a second Ranma tore away part of his
clothes and inserted all his ki into it. The piece of cloth
hardened like steel as the blades were within a foot away from
Ranma's body. Ranma quickly used the piece of cloth as a
shield and finally had enough time to duck as the blades' tracks
were slightly altered when they contacted the ki-shield. The
steel-like cloth was sniped into three segments like a piece of
paper.

"Damn... you're tough." Ranma said, panting.

"Hmmm... I see that you are worthy enough to be killed.
Being dispatched from this world by my own hands is the
highest honor a human being can be bestowed..." Suddenly
flames lit up around the shadow's figure. The incredible
dragon aura blew everyone back ten meters.

"Panda leaving for zoo and bamboo now." The panda
scrambled to its feet and started sprinting like there's no
tomorow.

Nabiki swooned as she saw herself spending the weekend
repairing the roofs of the dojo instead of feeding herself in a
romantic French restaurant at her new date's expense.

Akane and Ranma alone remained and refused to lose ground.

"None that disobey shall leave alive!!!" Nu screamed. He
lifted himself higher in the air, his entire shape opaque and was
turning fervently red. "I summon the fire dragon now...
Dances of hellfire!!!" Nu charged up all his flames and dashed
down aiming Ranma, but then Ranma finally saw what he
could do. Nu's ki increased tenfold as he closed in. Ranma
began to retreat in steady paces, drawing Nu into a rotating
circle.

"You have nowhere to run!!!" Nu shouted. Ranma started to
feel his fingers getting numb. His muscles then followed,
giving a delayed reaction caused by a significant temperature
drop in his body. Ranma could feel his blood boiling inside his
veins, under his icy skin.

You've asked for it, bastard... Ranma thought. To everyone
else the two moved so fast that all they could tell were traces
of dazzling light rays, one of them bloody red, the other being
slightly blue. The two waves blended and mixed in harmony,
and the air violent swirled into a whirlpool shape.

"HI-RYU-SHO-TEN-HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......."

Ranma stood firmly as the cyclone rose and pierced into the
sky, taking Nu back up into the air at least a hundred meters
off the gruond.

Nu disappeared.

Ten seconds later Nu re-assembled in front of the Tendo dojo,
a small trickle of blood ran down between his lips. Ranma's
eyes bulged. No one could have survived that hurricane!!!
Not even Herb!!!

Nu suddenly teleported to the back of Akane and grabbed her
waist.

"Ranma!!!" Akane screamed.

"Akane!!!" Ranma yelled, sensing that Nu had got Akane.

"Dragon-ascension-defeat, huh?" Nu whispered with an evil
smile. "I see this is getting more interesting than I thought."

"I'll tell you what. This is the first time I have ever been
injured by any human on earth and I think you may be more
than you seem." He paused, wiping off the blood from his
mouth. "I shall set up a challenge then... I will come back at
the next full moon and hold a death-match. Everyone can
come. Whoever wins take Akane back." Nu vanished into the
air with Akane.

So it comes down to a simple challenge. Ranma mused. Go
ahead. I just want to see how cocky you can get...

"Next full moon..." Soun interrupted.
"That's tonight!!!" Genma shrieked.

"Well, I meant the following full moon." Nu re-appeared with
an apologizing look.

"You asshole!!! After all these junk you're still here?" With a
yell Ranma kicked him back into the atmosphere.

"That means..Ranma has only 15 days to train!!!" Kasumi said.

"Correct." Replied a crooked voice.

Everyone turned around just in time to see Cologne's venerated
visage.

<END OF PART ONE>